FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fakes and Time wasters

Fakes and Time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riti Pear OP   Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

So fed up of idiots spoiling what should be a good, fun site for genuine people. There should be a way to name and shame and check if a profile you are chatting with has already shown themselves to be a fake or a time waster. It would save a lot of time and hopefully out the idiots.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

[Removed by poster at 25/05/21 14:31:36]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have to say that in 11 years on this site I’ve never experienced this but I do make very very sure of any one I do meet. I think good vetting is the reason for this “success” but I’m sorry to hear your experience of the site has been so negative OP. The site quite rightly frowns on naming and shaming because it could be abused so maybe tighten up on your screening process and good luck in your future fabbing adventures

Tinsel Town

Naming and shaming is against the rules.

You can use the filters to hone your search criteria.

The block function also works particularly well.

Paisley

For instance, I was chatting to someone for days, arranging to meet up, tried to message and have discovered they have blocked me.

I understand people change their minds, but we are adults and if I change my mind I would message to say so.

I would like some way of knowing if a profile does this regularly, and then wouldn’t waste my time chatting to them

Tinsel Town

"For instance, I was chatting to someone for days, arranging to meet up, tried to message and have discovered they have blocked me.

I understand people change their minds, but we are adults and if I change my mind I would message to say so.

I would like some way of knowing if a profile does this regularly, and then wouldn’t waste my time chatting to them"

Fab won't tell you what they have done if you report a profile.

Just block the offender and forget about it.

"For instance, I was chatting to someone for days, arranging to meet up, tried to message and have discovered they have blocked me.

I would like some way of knowing if a profile does this regularly, and then wouldn’t waste my time chatting to them"

People have the right to change their mind. It’s annoying but best to realise you probably dodged a bullet and move on

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Not sure about fakes or time wasters but I'd certainly say there are a lot of people who are on here just for a bit of a thrill, & dirty chat, but have no intention of ever actually meeting.

Paisley

Think I need some tips on ing out the fakes/time wasters. I use my filters and block as well, but maybe I’m too naive and trusting with being quite new.

That’s why I think it would be handy if their was a way to learn if a profile is known for being fake or time wasting.

Paisley

[Removed by poster at 25/05/21 14:51:09]

Paisley

"Not sure about fakes or time wasters but I'd certainly say there are a lot of people who are on here just for a bit of a thrill, & dirty chat, but have no intention of ever actually meeting. "

Seen this type of post before, what actually is a fake profile, just saying

"Think I need some tips on ing out the fakes/time wasters. I use my filters and block as well, but maybe I’m too naive and trusting with being quite new.

That’s why I think it would be handy if their was a way to learn if a profile is known for being fake or time wasting. "

The site does that by photo verification, personal verification and giving you the tools to cut down on those whose preferences don’t meet yours. Take a wee bit of time to scroll through the forums for threads like this for tips and also read the site advice and FAQ’s. Don’t give up OP there’s a lot of lovely and very sexy folk out there

"Seen this type of post before, what actually is a fake profile, just saying "

Me! I’m totally imaginary lolol

"Seen this type of post before, what actually is a fake profile, just saying

Me! I’m totally imaginary lolol "

Im always imagineing (spelling lol) you

Me! I’m totally imaginary lolol Im always imagineing (spelling lol) you "

I thought I felt summat...

By *irmingham_Sissy_MaidTV/TS  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

There are quite a lot of time wasters but it can go both ways. Ive been called a fake and a time waster a few times as I won’t meet instantly (It does say on my profile that I need time to chat first) or won’t send any more pictures to a faceless profile.

Fairly sure someone had the cheek to name and shame me on one of these threads! That particular cheerful chap had made a profile a week or so prior with no info on his profile, no pictures and who’s message said “bareback fuck later?” Even though I’m not interested in bare back or meeting straight away

"There are quite a lot of time wasters but it can go both ways. Ive been called a fake and a time waster a few times as I won’t meet instantly (It does say on my profile that I need time to chat first) or won’t send any more pictures to a faceless profile.

Fairly sure someone had the cheek to name and shame me on one of these threads! That particular cheerful chap had made a profile a week or so prior with no info on his profile, no pictures and who’s message said “bareback fuck later?” Even though I’m not interested in bare back or meeting straight away "

Definitely, in SOME cases those calling you a time waster are looking for “instashag” and think sex should just be for the asking. That’s across the board of users. Luckily the god ones shine through

"There are quite a lot of time wasters but it can go both ways. Ive been called a fake and a time waster a few times as I won’t meet instantly (It does say on my profile that I need time to chat first) or won’t send any more pictures to a faceless profile.

Fairly sure someone had the cheek to name and shame me on one of these threads! That particular cheerful chap had made a profile a week or so prior with no info on his profile, no pictures and who’s message said “bareback fuck later?” Even though I’m not interested in bare back or meeting straight away

Definitely, in SOME cases those calling you a time waster are looking for “instashag” and think sex should just be for the asking. That’s across the board of users. Luckily the god ones shine through "

Good even lol

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

There's an option to report on the offenders profile, "Arranged a meet didn't turn up.

I find the quickest way to filter the ones most likely to be time wasters is by having no pics and not sending any either cause most fakes/time wasters are actually just pic hunters looking for a quick thrill and something to knock offs to lol

No pics you’ll see me if you wanna grab coffee pretty much has them off ski after one or two messages

Paisley

"I find the quickest way to filter the ones most likely to be time wasters is by having no pics and not sending any either cause most fakes/time wasters are actually just pic hunters looking for a quick thrill and something to knock offs to lol

No pics you’ll see me if you wanna grab coffee pretty much has them off ski after one or two messages "

I will try this and see how it goes

"I find the quickest way to filter the ones most likely to be time wasters is by having no pics and not sending any either cause most fakes/time wasters are actually just pic hunters looking for a quick thrill and something to knock offs to lol

No pics you’ll see me if you wanna grab coffee pretty much has them off ski after one or two messages

I will try this and see how it goes "

Would you meet a man who refused to let you see a pic of him beforehand?

Paisley

Would you meet a man who refused to let you see a pic of him beforehand?"

For a coffee, yes. If we had been chatting and had chemistry, looks aren’t everything.

If a profile has no pics, no writing and no verifications I generally ignore or put very little effort into the conversation.

I always get so excited to see a single woman has mailed us but then when I see what I have just mentioned which can be a bit disappointing but at least I wont waste time replying to them.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

For a coffee, yes. If we had been chatting and had chemistry, looks aren’t everything. "

But you had not seen what the person looks like at all...thats risky is it not?

Paisley

For a coffee, yes. If we had been chatting and had chemistry, looks aren’t everything.

But you had not seen what the person looks like at all...thats risky is it not?"

Have a social meet somewhere public first.

There are plenty of people on here using fake pictures anyway

Would you meet a man who refused to let you see a pic of him beforehand?"

A large majority of the folks I’ve met from here I didn’t see what they look like so yes is the answer to that question ! One thing I’m defo not is a hypocrite and I don’t ask for pics either of someone doesn’t have a face pic already on their profile then it’s a blind meet. Been very pleasantly surprised on a few occasions but as I always go for a social work no expectations even guys I don’t find attractive in the least well its still an afternoon well spent as far as I’m concerned

But you had not seen what the person looks like at all...thats risky is it not?"

You’ve met me without either of us knowing what we looked like beforehand ? Can

You imagine if we had actually known each other !! Coulda been awkward

There are plenty of people on here using fake pictures anyway "

Fake or 20year old lol yup been there done that another reason I don’t even bother anymore

For a coffee, yes. If we had been chatting and had chemistry, looks aren’t everything. "

That's fair enough. But I'm curious as to how you gauge chemistry based on chat alone beforehand

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"So fed up of idiots spoiling what should be a good, fun site for genuine people. There should be a way to name and shame and check if a profile you are chatting with has already shown themselves to be a fake or a time waster. It would save a lot of time and hopefully out the idiots. "
no one is spoiling anything for anyone else. weirdly this type of

is usually from the white Knight good guy brigade.

What you deem a time waster or genuine is not accurate in most people's eyes.

Naming and shaming would never work as its to open to abuse..... Would be hilarious though.

Another issue your overlooking do you really think these people haven't already had multiple profiles. Come back and reinvent themselves as exactly what folk say they are looking for

[quoteI'm curious as to how you gauge chemistry based on chat alone beforehand ]

Man and Woman

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS INFORMATION SYSTEM

MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET

WOMEN: A Chemical Analysis

ELEMENT: Woman

SYMBOL: Wo

DISCOVERER: Adam

ATOMIC MASS: Accepted as 118 lbs., but known to vary from 110 to 550 lbs.

OCCURRENCE: Copious quantities throughout the world

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES:

Surface usually covered with a painted film.

Boils at nothing, freezes without reason.

Melts if given special treatment.

Bitter if incorrectly used.

Found in various states ranging from virgin metal to common ore.

Yields to pressure applied to correct points.

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:

Has a great affinity for gold, silver, platinum, and precious stones.

Absorbs great quantities of expensive substances.

May explode spontaneously without prior warning, and for no known reason.

Insoluble in liquids, but activity greatly increased by saturation in alcohol.

Most powerful money-reducing agent known to man.

COMMON USES:

Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars.

Can be a great aid to relaxation.

Very effective cleaning agent.

TESTS:

Pure specimen turns rosy pink when discovered in natural state.

Turns green when placed beside a better specimen.

HAZARDS:

Highly dangerous except in experienced hands.

Illegal to possess more than one, although several can be maintained at different locations as long as specimens do not come into direct contact with each other.

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS INFORMATION SHEET

MATERIALS SAFETY DATA SHEET

MEN - A CHEMICAL ANALYSIS

ELEMENT: MAN

SYMBOL: Ego

DISCOVERER: Eve. Discovered by accident one day when she had a craving for ribs.

ATOMIC MASS: Accepted as 170 lbs, known to vary from 98 to 360 lbs.

OCCURRENCE: Large quantities in all populated areas. Highly concentrated deposits at all sporting events and areas known as "singles bars". Extremely low quantities can be found in any location where cleaning up is required. (See Women and Sl ave Labor)

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES:

Surface often covered with hair--bristly in some areas, soft in others.

Boils when inconvenienced, freezes when faced with Logic and Common Sense.

Melts if treated like a God.

Can cause headaches and severe body aches; handle with extreme caution.

Specimens can be found in various states ranging from deeply sensitive to extremely thick.

Becomes stubborn and unyielding when pressure is applied; yields only when subtlety, subterfuge, flattery are applied.

CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:

Is repelled by concentrated quantities of precious and semi-precious metals and stones (See Jewelery Store). However, is attracted to small quantities of these when viewed worn against the skin of a woman. It is believed woman's skin combines with the aforementioned to create a highly magnetic attraction for this element.

May explode spontaneously if wallet is opened.

Requires copious quantities of substances known as attention, reassurance, and stroking.

When saturated with Alcohol will be fairly inert and will repel most other elements.

Is repelled by most household appliances and common household cleansers.

Is repelled by small children clothed in diapers, particularly those of the malodorous variety.

Is rendered non-functional when confronted with the items in #5 & #6.

Is neutral to common courtesy and fairness.

Is impervious to embarrassment.

Most powerful embittering and aggravating agent known to woman.

That's the chemical analysis for you . When you guage the 2 by chemistry you get your fun.

Paisley

"So fed up of idiots spoiling what should be a good, fun site for genuine people. There should be a way to name and shame and check if a profile you are chatting with has already shown themselves to be a fake or a time waster. It would save a lot of time and hopefully out the idiots. no one is spoiling anything for anyone else. weirdly this type of

Naming and shaming would never work as its to open to abuse..... Would be hilarious though.

Another issue your overlooking do you really think these people haven't already had multiple profiles. Come back and reinvent themselves as exactly what folk say they are looking for "

Why do you say no one is spoiling anything for anyone else, when my point was that my experience has been spoiled by the fakes and time wasters?

Your opinion is yours and mine is just as valid.

Also, I am not alone in my opinion judging by the comments on the thread and the messages I have received.

And what I deem a time waster, ie someone who spent time chatting to me and arranging to meet up and then disappearing without any explanation, is pretty much what any intelligent, normal person would deem a time waster.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

There are plenty of people on here using fake pictures anyway "

Ok get you now.... the chit chat chancers...

Sites full of people like that and Id assume evert site is the same

coatbridge

"So fed up of idiots spoiling what should be a good, fun site for genuine people. There should be a way to name and shame and check if a profile you are chatting with has already shown themselves to be a fake or a time waster. It would save a lot of time and hopefully out the idiots. no one is spoiling anything for anyone else. weirdly this type of

Another issue your overlooking do you really think these people haven't already had multiple profiles. Come back and reinvent themselves as exactly what folk say they are looking for

Why do you say no one is spoiling anything for anyone else, when my point was that my experience has been spoiled by the fakes and time wasters?

Also, I am not alone in my opinion judging by the comments on the thread and the messages I have received.

And what I deem a time waster, ie someone who spent time chatting to me and arranging to meet up and then disappearing without any explanation, is pretty much what any intelligent, normal person would deem a time waster. "

you chose to interact with them it's your selection process at fault.

What some other person does has no bearing on me or anyone else.

I've been here years and I've never had my time wasted I've found people exasperating or plain bonkers but nope never had my time wasted.

Your not alone in believing what you want to believe that does not chance that it's your fault you are interacting with these people.

I ever talk about meeting people I will have a contact number I will have had lots of interaction and affirmed to myself that they raise no red flags.

Paisley

And what I deem a time waster, ie someone who spent time chatting to me and arranging to meet up and then disappearing without any explanation, is pretty much what any intelligent, normal person would deem a time waster. you chose to interact with them it's your selection process at fault.

I've been here years and I've never had my time wasted I've found people exasperating or plain bonkers but nope never had my time wasted.

Your not alone in believing what you want to believe that does not chance that it's your fault you are interacting with these people.

I ever talk about meeting people I will have a contact number I will have had lots of interaction and affirmed to myself that they raise no red flags.

"

lol I should have known not to “feed the trolls”

You seem to think everyone else’s opinion is not valid or correct because it differs to yours. But this is an open forum.

And it’s not my fault if people cannot act like decent, genuine adults.

But, I am going to stop interacting with you so as not to waste any more time

coatbridge

And what I deem a time waster, ie someone who spent time chatting to me and arranging to meet up and then disappearing without any explanation, is pretty much what any intelligent, normal person would deem a time waster. you chose to interact with them it's your selection process at fault.

You seem to think everyone else’s opinion is not valid or correct because it differs to yours. But this is an open forum.

But, I am going to stop interacting with you so as not to waste any more time "

lol don't agree with you must be a troll.

There you go your developing a selection process good luck

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

But, I am going to stop interacting with you so as not to waste any more time "

When you say "it's not your fault people cannot act like decent genuine adults" what do you mean?

We are only hearing your side of the story.

Unfortunately people cancel and block for a multitude of reasons.

And they are well within thier rights to do so with no explanation.

I think half the people in my area are fakes, the other half are dreamers, leaving a just a few genuine people

By *rslikesitCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

We think if there was a button for this then those timewasters will simply delete their account and put up a new profile but it could be open to abuse as well. We simply insist on a phone call to have a chat first. Fakes tend NOT to want to speak at all and yes we have had our share of fakes.

"I think half the people in my area are fakes, the other half are dreamers, leaving a just a few genuine people"

Hmmm the maths doesn’t add up ?

This has been discussed for years on this site and people av agreed / disagreed there should be a members fee to join not a supporters fee so it will always be like this and there wont be much that can be done about as site is open to people just making new profiles .

But it does show that hitting people in the pocket works .

Now a joining fee off £5 allowing genuine memembers to see what supporters see seem like a lot off sense to me and others but again others have different opinions wbich is fine

Falkirk

"This has been discussed for years on this site and people av agreed / disagreed there should be a members fee to join not a supporters fee so it will always be like this and there wont be much that can be done about as site is open to people just making new profiles .

Now a joining fee off £5 allowing genuine memembers to see what supporters see seem like a lot off sense to me and others but again others have different opinions wbich is fine "

So time wasters don't have money?

"This has been discussed for years on this site and people av agreed / disagreed there should be a members fee to join not a supporters fee so it will always be like this and there wont be much that can be done about as site is open to people just making new profiles .

Now a joining fee off £5 allowing genuine memembers to see what supporters see seem like a lot off sense to me and others but again others have different opinions wbich is fine

"

not saying they dont have money to burn all i am saying is hit them where it hurts and usually that helps cut down TW, as there is not many off these tyoes off sites that don't charge a membership Fee

Falkirk

not saying they dont have money to burn all i am saying is hit them where it hurts and usually that helps cut down TW, as there is not many off these tyoes off sites that don't charge a membership Fee "

This is where Fab holds its own.

"Genuine" members can be time wasters.

The functions on the site if used correctly can work well. The site itself works great for me and I don't want to pay anymore money for something that it fundamental under my control.

not saying they dont have money to burn all i am saying is hit them where it hurts and usually that helps cut down TW, as there is not many off these tyoes off sites that don't charge a membership Fee

The functions on the site if used correctly can work well. The site itself works great for me and I don't want to pay anymore money for something that it fundamental under my control. "

by ur reaction, i can see that money comes into it somewhere and thats exactly why hitting in pocket counts

And it doesn't say ur fake or TW it just s out more people who have got better things to do with £5 and would save these type off old boring posts getting posted time and again

Falkirk

The functions on the site if used correctly can work well. The site itself works great for me and I don't want to pay anymore money for something that it fundamental under my control. by ur reaction, i can see that money comes into it somewhere and thats exactly why hitting in pocket counts

And it doesn't say ur fake or TW it just s out more people who have got better things to do with £5 and would save these type off old boring posts getting posted time and again "

But £5 is enough. Like you have said there has been numerous posts on this, and the conclusion everytime is why should people be forced to pay more money.

Looks might not be everything but I wouldn't want to meet blind. I hate the thought of meeting someone blind and I am a complete let down to them. And as my free time is so precious I want to waste it wisely.

By *eepitonwaxMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Seen this type of post before, what actually is a fake profile, just saying "

No intention of meeting, just there to mess folk around. I had a potential “meet” a few weeks ago. Profile was new but already had verifications and those accounts were old and genuine, arranged meet was just a wild goose chase as flat letter didn’t exist which I assume you’d only know if residing in the block at some point. My fault I guess for lack of due diligence but why should that even be required? People suck sometimes.

No intention of meeting, just there to mess folk around. I had a potential “meet” a few weeks ago. Profile was new but already had verifications and those accounts were old and genuine, arranged meet was just a wild goose chase as flat letter didn’t exist which I assume you’d only know if residing in the block at some point. My fault I guess for lack of due diligence but why should that even be required? People suck sometimes."

It's the internet

I think anyone who takes things at face value needs to give their head a wobble

By *cotyguyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

All I can tell you is. Accept that a good proportion of the accounts on here are crazy asa upside down box of frogs and voila... Just block them and move on.

You get the ones that wink you then when you message to say thanks or wink back boom you're blocked. If this is the case they done you a favour. Many on here use the "changed their mind" to excuse the total lack of manners but it is what it is. Would you really want to meet someone with a total disregard to any civility?

No intention of meeting, just there to mess folk around. I had a potential “meet” a few weeks ago. Profile was new but already had verifications and those accounts were old and genuine, arranged meet was just a wild goose chase as flat letter didn’t exist which I assume you’d only know if residing in the block at some point. My fault I guess for lack of due diligence but why should that even be required? People suck sometimes.

It's the internet

I think anyone who takes things at face value needs to give their head a wobble "

Thats just madness I wouldn't be fucking an opportunity to see what skills you got lol

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

There is absolutely no point in getting all flustered about fakes and time wasters.

FAB is an information and community resource on swinging above and beyond anything else.

If it was about meeting people for hook ups it would be a tind or pof or grind or whatever.

They have a meets section yes but it is not what FAB is about.

Once you get into that mindset, well if you do meet someone special it is a bonus..

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

Can you all forward these time-wasting profiles to me? I want to check them out, see how they're presented. Seems they keep getting offers regardless of turning up for meets. I wanna know how they do it, how they persuade people to meet

» Add a new message to this topic