FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Glasgow screwed for another week

Glasgow screwed for another week

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urseCarol OP   Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Oh well another weekend planned to be cancelled for next week .. well done nicoliar

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sa and HarryCouple  over a year ago

motherwell

"Oh well another weekend planned to be cancelled for next week .. well done nicoliar "
I take it then that you are not really a nurse then

By *mycdeeTV/TS  over a year ago

stirlingshire

[Removed by poster at 28/05/21 13:10:15]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Looking at the PHS neighbourhood map Clackmannanshire has a slightly higher infection rate of 151.3 per 100,000 compared to Glasgow’s 145.9. So for the 2nd week in a row areas with a higher infection rate remain at level 2 whilst Glasgow doesn’t move.

Unfortunately I knew this would happen as cases are still high. In the past 24 hours there were 234 cases in Glasgow. There's a possibility they'll go to Level 2 next week x

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Clackmannanshire population is roughly 55,000 Glasgow 600,000 numbers of cases in Glasgow are at least 10 times higher .

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

One thing Glasgow getting to level 2 next week. The rest of the country is about to go into level 1

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"Oh well another weekend planned to be cancelled for next week .. well done nicoliar I take it then that you are not really a nurse then

"

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Oh well another weekend planned to be cancelled for next week .. well done nicoliar I take it then that you are not really a nurse then

"

Why?. Maybe they are nurses but also human and like everyone else fed up with their lives being controlled.

Take the good wae the bad. Safety first!

Was supposed to be about hospital admissions not how many tested positive. Cancelled plans again. Edinburgh it is then

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Oh well another weekend planned to be cancelled for next week .. well done nicoliar "

Nicola only implinents the consequences of other peoples actions ..

"Clackmannanshire population is roughly 55,000 Glasgow 600,000 numbers of cases in Glasgow are at least 10 times higher . "

So that would mean that the way they decide what areas move up and down will always be weighed against Glasgow given it’s population, no where have they said population would be taken in to account only the infection rate.

"Clackmannanshire population is roughly 55,000 Glasgow 600,000 numbers of cases in Glasgow are at least 10 times higher .

So that would mean that the way they decide what areas move up and down will always be weighed against Glasgow given it’s population, no where have they said population would be taken in to account only the infection rate. "

There is 98 in hospital compared to over 2000 at start of lockdown

"Oh well another weekend planned to be cancelled for next week .. well done nicoliar

Nicola only implinents the consequences of other peoples actions .."

Nicoliar approved moving covid POSITIVE patients from hospitals back to care homes. Hence the extremely high covid deaths in carehomes in Scotland. As usual however, the mouth breathing 'civic nationalists' think she is a good leader, or person for that matter

"Oh well another weekend planned to be cancelled for next week .. well done nicoliar

Nicoliar approved moving covid POSITIVE patients from hospitals back to care homes. Hence the extremely high covid deaths in carehomes in Scotland. As usual however, the mouth breathing 'civic nationalists' think she is a good leader, or person for that matter"

motherwell

Why?. Maybe they are nurses but also human and like everyone else fed up with their lives being controlled."

Because real nurses know the importance of lockdown, theres no winners in a lockdown and it benefits EVERYONE in the long run

Why?. Maybe they are nurses but also human and like everyone else fed up with their lives being controlled.Because real nurses know the importance of lockdown, theres no winners in a lockdown and it benefits EVERYONE in the long run

"

it does not benefit ev1 there now is families losing their homes kids going hungry business bust. What is point of having over 70% vaccinated if we continue in lockdown. Only 98 in hospital is low. There will always be people in hospital with covid. Do we stay in tiers forever ??

It seems but not said its the ethnic group that won't get jab

"It seems but not said its the ethnic group that won't get jab "

Well they can stay in lockdown lol

Nicola only implinents the consequences of other peoples actions .."

If that we're true she would have stopped banking on about indy 2 and also accepted brexit as a result too would she not.

Other people's action were voting . Kinda contrary to what your claiming here.

By *ettercallsaul118Man  over a year ago

Funtown

Well you here that many stories going around. Have a few friends in the clerical side of NHS. Who saying that there expecting it to get a lot worse over the next 3 weeks so Glasgow be prepared. But this is just here say.

motherwell

Why?. Maybe they are nurses but also human and like everyone else fed up with their lives being controlled.Because real nurses know the importance of lockdown, theres no winners in a lockdown and it benefits EVERYONE in the long run

it does not benefit ev1 there now is families losing their homes kids going hungry business bust. What is point of having over 70% vaccinated if we continue in lockdown. Only 98 in hospital is low. There will always be people in hospital with covid. Do we stay in tiers forever ??"

It wont benefit everyone overnight but in the long run yes it will, but dont forget Covid 19 is here to stay.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

If that we're true she would have stopped banking on about indy 2 and also accepted brexit as a result too would she not.

Other people's action were voting . Kinda contrary to what your claiming here."

Frazzledlogic.com

By *o and peepCouple  over a year ago

falkirk

"

Other people's action were voting . Kinda contrary to what your claiming here."

I think what they mean is Nicola had no choice but to keep Glasgow in level 3 because people were not behaving making things worse than they could have been all actions have consequences

"

Other people's action were voting . Kinda contrary to what your claiming here.

I think what they mean is Nicola had no choice but to keep Glasgow in level 3 because people were not behaving making things worse than they could have been all actions have consequences "

When the areas of highest infection are the south side and have a large Muslim community that has recently celebrated Eid I would say it people sticking with their religious/cultural traditions than misbehaving.

IMOA Nicola did have a choice she could look at and use the data that she claims she’s being led by. East Renfrewshire avoid going into level 3 last week even though inflation rate was higher than Glasgow, Clackmannanshire avoided it this week even though again the infection rate is higher. Maybe Sturgeon needs to visit her constituency and see what can be done there locally and allow the rest of the city to reopen

By *implyJayGeeMan  over a year ago

Garthamlock

I generally try to avoid threads that border on political but this one is good.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, that Glasgow is being punished for the THREE large gatherings in quick succession a couple of weeks ago (yes 3, not just aiming at one in particular as is the mainstream agenda).

Between that and whatever agenda she has against alcohol it’s ripping my knitting! I’ve followed the rules, heeded all the advice, and now have both my jags yet STILL, I can’t go a couple of miles up the road to have a pint with a mate.

But watch this, in a massive ‘go me’ political swoop, when the euros start up next month Glasgow will be the place to be. I can’t go her. Sooner she clears out the better imho, and it’s only my opinion, not looking for political slanging matches or arguments. I just want to go for a pint... inside, that I don’t need to prebook. That’s it.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's a load of bull in my opinion... A lot of the hospitality industry have got together to oppose the upcoming temporary license that's been applied for Glasgow green for the fan zone... if anyone is interested in opposing this the detail are at the bottom of our profile. Think it's a bit unfair that this could potentially go ahead yet all these businesses are still being punished. Of the govt think folk aren't travelling to other places for a drink inside then they are fools

K

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"It's a load of bull in my opinion... A lot of the hospitality industry have got together to oppose the upcoming temporary license that's been applied for Glasgow green for the fan zone... if anyone is interested in opposing this the detail are at the bottom of our profile. Think it's a bit unfair that this could potentially go ahead yet all these businesses are still being punished. Of the govt think folk aren't travelling to other places for a drink inside then they are fools

K"

K I’ve always felt safest in pubs and restaurants with their restrictions and track and trace. Just a couple of weeks ago I was in a restaurant in Ingram St and it had dividers between tables, hand sanitiser as you entered, etc. I’ll happily sign anything as I’m against the fan zone being allowed while restrictions remain in the city centre. I’m guessing the vendors will be paying plenty to sell food and drink at extortionate prices as well. F

"I generally try to avoid threads that border on political but this one is good.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind, that Glasgow is being punished for the THREE large gatherings in quick succession a couple of weeks ago (yes 3, not just aiming at one in particular as is the mainstream agenda).

Not to mention you can go 8 minutes on a train from city centre and get a drink in a pub or restaurant in east dunbartonshire - obviously it makes sense to keep glasgow in level 3 (sarcasm by the way!)

I have literally no idea what purpose it serves other than they know there are big events happening in the near future in glasgow so it gives and excuse to vaccinate people there faster than the rest of the country

Between that and whatever agenda she has against alcohol it’s ripping my knitting! I’ve followed the rules, heeded all the advice, and now have both my jags yet STILL, I can’t go a couple of miles up the road to have a pint with a mate.

But watch this, in a massive ‘go me’ political swoop, when the euros start up next month Glasgow will be the place to be. I can’t go her. Sooner she clears out the better imho, and it’s only my opinion, not looking for political slanging matches or arguments. I just want to go for a pint... inside, that I don’t need to prebook. That’s it. "

"It seems but not said its the ethnic group that won't get jab "

Wtf has ethnicity got to do with it? We all either have it or don't doesn't matter what colour or race fud

"It seems but not said its the ethnic group that won't get jab

Wtf has ethnicity got to do with it? We all either have it or don't doesn't matter what colour or race fud"

There are some ethnic groups who may not want to get the vaccine because of their religious beliefs

Tbf I've never heard of that ever and where folk get this info from baffles me. So what do these folk do for bsg or regular flu jabs?

By *ruescotsman 2019Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I had to travel through to Glasgow for work yesterday. And the amount of people coming through from Glasgow was shocking now Edinburgh numbers are rising.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I had to travel through to Glasgow for work yesterday. And the amount of people coming through from Glasgow was shocking now Edinburgh numbers are rising. "

We went to Edinburgh yesterday, we're south lanarkshire but the train we got had to go into Glasgow first n then a change to Edinburgh

K

"I generally try to avoid threads that border on political but this one is good.

But watch this, in a massive ‘go me’ political swoop, when the euros start up next month Glasgow will be the place to be. I can’t go her. Sooner she clears out the better imho, and it’s only my opinion, not looking for political slanging matches or arguments. I just want to go for a pint... inside, that I don’t need to prebook. That’s it. "

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

Mum has an appointment on Fri for her cataract op... instead of choosing one of the 3 hospitals within 15 miles and her district... they've chosen to ask her to travel from a level 2 area into a level 3 area and back out to another level 2 area.... she can't drive due to the cataracts...so someone extra has to take her (the app is at 7:30 am so no public transport)... there's very little hope ...

"Mum has an appointment on Fri for her cataract op... instead of choosing one of the 3 hospitals within 15 miles and her district... they've chosen to ask her to travel from a level 2 area into a level 3 area and back out to another level 2 area.... she can't drive due to the cataracts...so someone extra has to take her (the app is at 7:30 am so no public transport)... there's very little hope ..."

Might be due to what hospitals are operating. All ops are reduced just now. They will see it as she needs op so whatever hospital can accommodate she will be sent too. Best wishes for op

Gleam Street

"Mum has an appointment on Fri for her cataract op... instead of choosing one of the 3 hospitals within 15 miles and her district... they've chosen to ask her to travel from a level 2 area into a level 3 area and back out to another level 2 area.... she can't drive due to the cataracts...so someone extra has to take her (the app is at 7:30 am so no public transport)... there's very little hope ...

Might be due to what hospitals are operating. All ops are reduced just now. They will see it as she needs op so whatever hospital can accommodate she will be sent too. Best wishes for op "

I do get that.... just slightly bizarre that they want her basically to break the rules.

She'll be good thanks though.. first one went swimmingly x

"Mum has an appointment on Fri for her cataract op... instead of choosing one of the 3 hospitals within 15 miles and her district... they've chosen to ask her to travel from a level 2 area into a level 3 area and back out to another level 2 area.... she can't drive due to the cataracts...so someone extra has to take her (the app is at 7:30 am so no public transport)... there's very little hope ...

Might be due to what hospitals are operating. All ops are reduced just now. They will see it as she needs op so whatever hospital can accommodate she will be sent too. Best wishes for op

I do get that.... just slightly bizarre that they want her basically to break the rules.

She'll be good thanks though.. first one went swimmingly x"

Won’t count as rule breaking thou. At one point only one hospital was doing eye ops so they were coming from all over during full lockdown. People need ops so they have to have them or some would go blind

Gleam Street

Won’t count as rule breaking thou. At one point only one hospital was doing eye ops so they were coming from all over during full lockdown. People need ops so they have to have them or some would go blind "

At least I won't have to break rules anymore to drive her everywhere as she'll be allowedback in the car again

Won’t count as rule breaking thou. At one point only one hospital was doing eye ops so they were coming from all over during full lockdown. People need ops so they have to have them or some would go blind

At least I won't have to break rules anymore to drive her everywhere as she'll be allowedback in the car again "

good luck for op

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

She'll be good thanks though.. first one went swimmingly x"

It’s usually done over at the Jubilee in Clydebank. I took my friend for her op before covid. Didn’t take long at all. From memory it was in a separate part from the hospital so probably safer and plenty parking.

» Add a new message to this topic