FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Is Ardeer an official nudist beach?

Is Ardeer an official nudist beach?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illieNudist OP   Man  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

Was threatened today by two ladies saying they had called the police because I was naked on a public beach? I was under the impression it was an official nudist beach?

I was quite far along as well out the way. Spoke to another guy and he said she does this a lot,singles out folk sitting alone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's not official in fact none of them in Scotland are, its just known and accepted by majority, however sometimes some beaches get a bad press, if being used for sexual activities, its still a public beach and therefore although nakedness in the whole is accepted, behaving in a respectful manner is Warrented. Particularly during the day.

By *IRTHMAN5Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Having stayed 5 miles away all my life and my family from in Ardeer I was always under the impression it was An official Nudist beach.

Be good to find out.

By *aturisttwoCouple  over a year ago

dumfries

"Having stayed 5 miles away all my life and my family from in Ardeer I was always under the impression it was An official Nudist beach.

Be good to find out."

Since 2015 it has been an official beach, there was a sign to that effect erected by the council but someone removed it...(Info taken from "Naked Scotland " website..

Kilmarnock

I was in no way behaving disrespectfully.....was lying sunbathing and next thing she was standing over me ranting.

I told her I wasn't doing anything wrong and was told it was a public beach and I was a pervert.

All for sunbathing

By *aturisttwoCouple  over a year ago

dumfries

You were within your rights as long as people dont "flaunt" there nudity there is no law now that says you cant be naked outdoors basically anywhere...maybe somebody will correct me on that point lol...

Kilmarnock

Next time I won't panic and leave,wasted a good day. I'm now tanned on the front and white on the back haha

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Next time I won't panic and leave,wasted a good day. I'm now tanned on the front and white on the back haha "

Look out and see if there doing a follow up to close encounters maybe get a part . ( you’ll only know if you’ve seen the movie )

Kilmarnock

Not seen it but maybe need to watch it now

By *summmCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Being naked in public is not illegal unless it causes offence so its a very very grey area

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

There is no actual law in Scotland of public nudity, there is a law of indecency, you don’t have to be brain of Britain to know the cross over point.

It could be argued that it is she who is committing an offence of causing breach of the peace - fear and alarm - tho you may well either get burnt to a crisp or die of hypothermia waiting on the police to arrive. You do have to option of making a citizen arrest, but you would have to be certain of your case.

I think if it’s the same person, ( walks two small dogs.) she was about to speak in a confrontational way to me, but she then realised that she was about to be so far out her depth dealing with the tranny ( I can use this to describe myself) - she thought better of it, actually had her mouth open to start speaking....

Wish she did......

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Was threatened today by two ladies saying they had called the police because I was naked on a public beach? I was under the impression it was an official nudist beach?

I was quite far along as well out the way. Spoke to another guy and he said she does this a lot,singles out folk sitting alone."

Goodness that is a shame. Nobody bothered me when I was there and found out later I was actually in the wrong part of the beach to be naked. I did wonder why everyone else had clothes on.

Kilmarnock

Thanks for all the replies guys n girls,next time I'll be staying put and enjoying the rest of my day.

I've been down a few times over the years and that's the first time this has happened, hopefully doesn't put others off

By *ocklecockMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I’m a member of the bn and it’s deffenatly an official nudist beach , don’t worry ,,, and if she is so offended by naked people why does she continually go back ?? If I was offended I wouldn’t go back , apart from that she lets her dogs mess all over the place and doesn’t pick it up , which is an offence

By *lh2510Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I only heard about Ardeer beach recently and was keen to head down next time the weather is decent. But I'm definitely a bit spooked about getting hassle, so reading this hasn't put my mind at rest. Is the beach generally a good place to spend a few hours? I'm assuming that the chance of getting grief off anyone is pretty remote?

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

The beach after the mural of Robert Burns marks the start of the nudist beach. There is a dog walker who complains. You’d think it would be easier for her to change her route.

I’ve been a few times.

I was there yesterday- was the only person on the beach as the sun came out around 4ish - was absolute bliss having beach to myself and no moaning dog walkers! To be fair most dog walkers actually don’t bother apart from this one person who seems to think it’s her beach

By *o and peepCouple  over a year ago

falkirk

Wonder how she would act if there was a mass gathering

I was brought up in inverkip and always knew that unlike our beach one down Ayrshire was a nudist beach and until I was about 16 I only knew it as being one between Saltcoats and Adrossan. It was officially pointed out to me at the age of 17 that ardeer was the name of said beach, I had always wondered if it was maybe portencross as it’s much smaller and more secluded

"I was brought up in inverkip and always knew that unlike our beach one down Ayrshire was a nudist beach and until I was about 16 I only knew it as being one between Saltcoats and Adrossan. It was officially pointed out to me at the age of 17 that ardeer was the name of said beach, I had always wondered if it was maybe portencross as it’s much smaller and more secluded "

Ardeer beach is actually between Irvine and Saltcoats x

"I was brought up in inverkip and always knew that unlike our beach one down Ayrshire was a nudist beach and until I was about 16 I only knew it as being one between Saltcoats and Adrossan. It was officially pointed out to me at the age of 17 that ardeer was the name of said beach, I had always wondered if it was maybe portencross as it’s much smaller and more secluded

Ardeer beach is actually between Irvine and Saltcoats x"

Actually meant to put Irvine don’t know why I put adrossan

The only beach in Ayrshire that i remember being classed as a Nudist beach was the one in Irvine , it was classed as offical and had all the relevant signs to warn people they where entering a nudists beach . As for Ardeer beach i dont think it is an offical nudists beach ,as for it being illegal to be naked in public it is an offence Just ask the Naked Rambler how many times he has been lifted put in cells and appeared in Court next day

British Naturism have had a major push to clarify the law with regards to nude sunbathing.

Here is the link to their guidelines which are printable (I keep a copy in my wallet, just in case the cops to turn up. I then have an official document, that they can verify)

https://www.bn.org.uk/files/file/739-legal-guides-public-place-naturism/

That said, if you are just sunbathing, then the police are highly unlikely to attend. There are still a lot of prudes so it's just a case of educating them, and chipping away at the victorian attitudes some folk still have.

Hope this helps

I would think the best thing you can do is go to the nearest Police Station to the beech and ask what thier advice is on the matter.

If any public complaints are made and Police are called for then it will be Police from that station that attend.

Now that’s a plan hahaha

"I would think the best thing you can do is go to the nearest Police Station to the beech and ask what thier advice is on the matter.

If any public complaints are made and Police are called for then it will be Police from that station that attend."

Attend the Police Station nude ?

By *he SeekerMan  over a year ago

Kinver

Do they still have police stations in Scotland? Most of ours in the black country have closed, probabably to pay the subsidies to Scottish farmers, just thought I'd throw that in the fire and stand well back. I am naked after all

I have been going to ardeer for 3 summers now the police appeared 1 day and were very cool towards nudity on the beach however they got a report of guys playing together infront of a female textile walker that’s why they were down so if your just sunbathing or having some fun in private you’ll be fine but don’t flaunt it as for the dog walker your doing nothing wrong if sunbathing nude tell her to jog on

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

It used to be on the council website that it was an offical nudist beach but its not there now.

I found a local news article about it from last summer and a local councillor states that the legal team can't find anything that designates it as a nudist beach but later on in the article a spokesperson from the council says it is a designated nudist beach

I first heard of it around 96 but it was known locally as a gay nudist beach then. I assume that was probably due to it mostly being guys down there but I've often wondered if it ever was offical or just a well believed urban myth

Mr

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"The beach after the mural of Robert Burns marks the start of the nudist beach. There is a dog walker who complains. You’d think it would be easier for her to change her route.

I’ve been a few times.

"

It used to be much further down from there as thats actually quite a popular spot with locals.

It used to be just slightly along from the river mouths where the teletubbie house is but seems to keep moving further along towards the point

Mr

By *ayandjimCouple  over a year ago

scotland

was there a few weeks ago and we saw men and couples just past the painting of burns all nude either sitting or walking along the beach but a lot more further down a few men spoke to us but got no bother from them or of people with cloths on the water was very warm too

» Add a new message to this topic