FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Advice for newbie couple thinking of attending clubs

Advice for newbie couple thinking of attending clubs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all. Wasn’t sure where to post this. We are new to the scene and during a recent meet he spoke about clubs which got us interested and considering trying it out. What and would you give a new couple regarding clubs?

What do you wear/ take with you

Where are they in Scotland

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Is it just clubs or are there social/large groups meeting in houses etc?

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi all. Wasn’t sure where to post this. We are new to the scene and during a recent meet he spoke about clubs which got us interested and considering trying it out. What and would you give a new couple regarding clubs?

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Thanks in advance "

Cjs in Glasgow Wear what you feel comfortable in, I often Rock up in my pjs lol but what you would wear on a night out is the general rule of thumb especially if you’re going out somewhere first, there’s no fixed dress code. If you want to slip into something sexier that’s good too there’s plenty places to get changed if you don’t want to wear sexy on route.

Etiquette no means no, it’s always polite to ask if someone wants to play(once restrictions change)introduce yourself say hi to folks. Try not to get too d*unk it’s not becoming and makes other folk feel awkward and the rare occasion may be taken advantage of (most folk would step in if they think someone’s not fit to say no, staff always available on such ocassions)

For the most part it’s just a good night out with like minded people having drinks and chatting, if you meet someone that ticks your boxes then you might take things upstairs if the restrictions are changed or take them back home/hotel arrange to meet again at a later date.

There are often social nights held in vanilla venues these are usually advertised and are strictly NON play events, it’s frowned upon to draw attention to the group in a vanilla environment.

Private parties are often invite only and generally if people have met/played with you they will find you or suggest you to party organisers, very rarely you’ll find private parties listed in the meet section or on local updates etc

By *hy and innocentCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think Elle has pretty much got it covered.

There was another club/dungeon due to open in Glasgow pre covid & hopefully it still will.

Innocent

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Amazing thank you. We will definitely try get to cj’s in the near future.

By *cottish gentMan  over a year ago

Dumbarton

"Hi all. Wasn’t sure where to post this. We are new to the scene and during a recent meet he spoke about clubs which got us interested and considering trying it out. What and would you give a new couple regarding clubs?

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Thanks in advance

Cjs in Glasgow Wear what you feel comfortable in, I often Rock up in my pjs lol but what you would wear on a night out is the general rule of thumb especially if you’re going out somewhere first, there’s no fixed dress code. If you want to slip into something sexier that’s good too there’s plenty places to get changed if you don’t want to wear sexy on route.

Etiquette no means no, it’s always polite to ask if someone wants to play(once restrictions change)introduce yourself say hi to folks. Try not to get too d*unk it’s not becoming and makes other folk feel awkward and the rare occasion may be taken advantage of (most folk would step in if they think someone’s not fit to say no, staff always available on such ocassions)

For the most part it’s just a good night out with like minded people having drinks and chatting, if you meet someone that ticks your boxes then you might take things upstairs if the restrictions are changed or take them back home/hotel arrange to meet again at a later date.

There are often social nights held in vanilla venues these are usually advertised and are strictly NON play events, it’s frowned upon to draw attention to the group in a vanilla environment.

Private parties are often invite only and generally if people have met/played with you they will find you or suggest you to party organisers, very rarely you’ll find private parties listed in the meet section or on local updates etc "

Sorry for jumping in:

I'm a nice, respectable single guy. I'm pretty quiet until I get comfortable with people and places. What should a single guy know before maybe his 1st visit?

Thanks

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Thanks in advance

Private parties are often invite only and generally if people have met/played with you they will find you or suggest you to party organisers, very rarely you’ll find private parties listed in the meet section or on local updates etc

Sorry for jumping in:

I'm a nice, respectable single guy. I'm pretty quiet until I get comfortable with people and places. What should a single guy know before maybe his 1st visit?

Thanks"

I was just about to ask the same, I went to a social gathering a few years back in Dundee and had a great time chatting/having a drink and getting to know people and it made me want to try a club, but the thought of going terrifies me because I'm like yourself, a pretty quiet, shy guy until I'm comfortable.

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for jumping in:

Thanks"

All of the above, plus dont go with expectations of getting a shag and dont be a creepy fucker

Dumbarton

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for jumping in:

Thanks

All of the above, plus dont go with expectations of getting a shag and dont be a creepy fucker"

I would never go with any expectations, I'd be too nervous I think. I take it there is no expectation of pressure from anyone else to play?

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for jumping in:

Thanks

All of the above, plus dont go with expectations of getting a shag and dont be a creepy fucker

I would never go with any expectations, I'd be too nervous I think. I take it there is no expectation of pressure from anyone else to play?"

No pressure, treat it like a social event where you dont really know many people and spend your time getting to know others.

If you make a connection with anyone then thats a bonus

Dumbarton

Etiquette

What happens at them.

Thanks in advance

Sorry for jumping in:

Thanks

I would never go with any expectations, I'd be too nervous I think. I take it there is no expectation of pressure from anyone else to play?

No pressure, treat it like a social event where you dont really know many people and spend your time getting to know others.

If you make a connection with anyone then thats a bonus"

Thanks for your advice. Really appreciate it.

Best advice is to just be friendly, if you were to go to a party at a friends house and didn’t know anyone there apart from the host you would go round introducing yourself, normally the kitchen is the ideal place to get started not so much under the current climate but in the kitchen the lights are on people coming and going sitting around the table having a chat very informal and easy to introduce yourself and mostly everyone’s talking nonsense and mixing well, if you’re a smoker well the smoking area is always full of folk chatting as well but at the minute it’s outside so try keep the noise down lol folks been getting told to mind the neighbours !!

Dumbarton

"Best advice is to just be friendly, if you were to go to a party at a friends house and didn’t know anyone there apart from the host you would go round introducing yourself, normally the kitchen is the ideal place to get started not so much under the current climate but in the kitchen the lights are on people coming and going sitting around the table having a chat very informal and easy to introduce yourself and mostly everyone’s talking nonsense and mixing well, if you’re a smoker well the smoking area is always full of folk chatting as well but at the minute it’s outside so try keep the noise down lol folks been getting told to mind the neighbours !! "

Thank you for taking the time to pass this on. It makes so much sense and it really is appreciated. I'll buy you a drink if we meet? Deal?

G

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

CJ’s has it all.

Look on it as a night out.

You can stand at the bar or head to the dance floor or chill in the lounge and watch some pole dancing (if anyone cares to participate) or head to the kitchen for a blether and a cuppa. It really has got everything.

And once restrictions allow you can head upstairs for some naughtiness.

This is all great advice. As I single female would love to attend a club but the thought is pretty intimidating.

"This is all great advice. As I single female would love to attend a club but the thought is pretty intimidating. "

Oh I'm pretty sure you will have plenty of offers to take you after guys read your comments

"Best advice is to just be friendly, if you were to go to a party at a friends house and didn’t know anyone there apart from the host you would go round introducing yourself, normally the kitchen is the ideal place to get started not so much under the current climate but in the kitchen the lights are on people coming and going sitting around the table having a chat very informal and easy to introduce yourself and mostly everyone’s talking nonsense and mixing well, if you’re a smoker well the smoking area is always full of folk chatting as well but at the minute it’s outside so try keep the noise down lol folks been getting told to mind the neighbours !!

Thank you for taking the time to pass this on. It makes so much sense and it really is appreciated. I'll buy you a drink if we meet? Deal?

G"

Deal

"This is all great advice. As I single female would love to attend a club but the thought is pretty intimidating. "

Loads of single ladies go all the time ie Me and bubbly

Glasgow

"This is all great advice. As I single female would love to attend a club but the thought is pretty intimidating.

Loads of single ladies go all the time ie Me and bubbly "

I frequently went on my own when I was single, although to be fair the 1st time I went I went with a couple I knew. It is probably better going on your own or meeting a few folk beforehand rather than hooking up with a guy you've just arranged to meet that night. That way you don't feel tied to them all night if you discover you aren't really compatible.

Innocent

Dumbarton

"This is all great advice. As I single female would love to attend a club but the thought is pretty intimidating.

Loads of single ladies go all the time ie Me and bubbly "

Aw glad to know I wouldn't be the only single female. Wouldn't be looking for single guys lol just seems like a good way to meet like minded people.

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not sure if it’s changed, it seems like forever ago we went to CJ’s, but there wasn’t a cash bar, so BYOB. Probably works out better as you don’t then tend to over indulge as you are sober and probably more sensible when you are deciding what to take.

Glasgow

"Not sure if it’s changed, it seems like forever ago we went to CJ’s, but there wasn’t a cash bar, so BYOB. Probably works out better as you don’t then tend to over indulge as you are sober and probably more sensible when you are deciding what to take. "

Some certainly aren't so sensible.

Innocent

By *magine all the peopleCouple  over a year ago

Perth

Get in the car and drive to Birmingham. Go to Chameleons. Take a whole weekend.

CJ'S is a nice club, but it's like comparing the beachfront amusements at Aberdeen to Alton Towers.

If you're going to do it, do it right. Book a terrace room for the weekend and chill out.

Most clubs have a nice social atmosphere, including CJ's, but the difference down here is the space available, the on site rooms, and the abundance of showers at Chams. People are clean, the place is spotless and the Scots get a warm welcome down here x

We have NEVER felt any pressure down here, unlike most other clubs.

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Not sure if it’s changed, it seems like forever ago we went to CJ’s, but there wasn’t a cash bar, so BYOB. Probably works out better as you don’t then tend to over indulge as you are sober and probably more sensible when you are deciding what to take.

Some certainly aren't so sensible.

Innocent "

Yeah as I was typing this I was kind of thinking the same thing

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere over there

I used to go on my own; didn’t know anyone or anything about the scene but main thing was did I feel comfortable and safe. Answer was yes, so i stayed, returned and have made many friends there.

Dumbarton

"Get in the car and drive to Birmingham. Go to Chameleons. Take a whole weekend.

CJ'S is a nice club, but it's like comparing the beachfront amusements at Aberdeen to Alton Towers.

If you're going to do it, do it right. Book a terrace room for the weekend and chill out.

Most clubs have a nice social atmosphere, including CJ's, but the difference down here is the space available, the on site rooms, and the abundance of showers at Chams. People are clean, the place is spotless and the Scots get a warm welcome down here x

We have NEVER felt any pressure down here, unlike most other clubs."

But is there loads of people with a brumy accent? lol Massive turnoff. Joking before anyone gets offended.

» Add a new message to this topic