FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Let Downs

Let Downs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So before I start, I fully understand how situations crop up and meeting people can get cancelled.

Over the past Wee while I have been chatting with three ladies at various times obviously.

Few messages in here, all good, exchange pictures and no issues, even swapping numbers and then messages and speaking on the phone.

However 1/2 days before the arrangement to meet, total silence, no communication at all, seems pretty poor I think .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

There are so many forum threads started on this subject. You can report them for not turning up to a meeting or you draw a line under it and move on.

I would say, just check your potential meets are well verified. Some people are not always who they seem online.

Good luck

Thank you, I would not report anyone as it their choice at the end of the day.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"There are so many forum threads started on this subject. You can report them for not turning up to a meeting or you draw a line under it and move on.

I would say, just check your potential meets are well verified. Some people are not always who they seem online.

Good luck "

Gina that would only work if final arrangements were made and people didn't turn up but in this instance they have just stopped chatting right before the meet .

OP I know its frustrating but just stick with it & I'm sure you'll find some lovely people to meet

Yea it’s absolutely frustrating, as I say, happy to exchange pictures, numbers, speaking to them and then SILENCE..

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Seems odd that it’s happened more than once and you’ve chatted on the phone. I have had experienced this a couple of times but they did contact me to explain eventually. One ended up in hospital and the other had injured himself at work.

Maybe try a social event where you’ll have the opportunity to meet several people.

Yeah absolutely, I totally understand that things happen , but maybe just this site lol.

Had fun in the past when I was on , just seems a lot has changed in past couple of years.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"Yeah absolutely, I totally understand that things happen , but maybe just this site lol.

Had fun in the past when I was on , just seems a lot has changed in past couple of years."

Not many people have been meeting in the last 18 months for obvious reasons. Maybe more people are being cautious.

Lanarkshire

"There are so many forum threads started on this subject. You can report them for not turning up to a meeting or you draw a line under it and move on.

Good luck Gina that would only work if final arrangements were made and people didn't turn up but in this instance they have just stopped chatting right before the meet .

OP I know its frustrating but just stick with it & I'm sure you'll find some lovely people to meet "

Ooops sorry, I thought a meeting had been arranged. I’m rubbish at advice, I’ll stick to talking shite!

Good luck Gina that would only work if final arrangements were made and people didn't turn up but in this instance they have just stopped chatting right before the meet .

OP I know its frustrating but just stick with it & I'm sure you'll find some lovely people to meet

Ooops sorry, I thought a meeting had been arranged. I’m rubbish at advice, I’ll stick to talking shite! "

lol

Yeah arrangement was made to meet the ladies in question, sorry if I didn’t make it clear on original post , no need to stop talking shite lol.

By *eestar38Couple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Think I will be sticking to social events.

Get comments on here with couples wanting to meet but then nothing happens. Not that I arrange to meet that often. We don't get that much time to play so like to really enjoy ourself when we can. It's just a bit annoying when it's a last minute let down. Happened last night but wasn't arranged on here they mailed 2 hours before meet to say they had 2nd thoughts and were not sure about it. They are New on this scene so wasn't sure if they would meet. Made the best of it and went to the pub last night and had a ball so still ended up a good night just not in the way I wanted

"Think I will be sticking to social events.

Get comments on here with couples wanting to meet but then nothing happens. Not that I arrange to meet that often. We don't get that much time to play so like to really enjoy ourself when we can. It's just a bit annoying when it's a last minute let down. Happened last night but wasn't arranged on here they mailed 2 hours before meet to say they had 2nd thoughts and were not sure about it. They are New on this scene so wasn't sure if they would meet. Made the best of it and went to the pub last night and had a ball so still ended up a good night just not in the way I wanted "

Least you had a good night anyway which is the most important thing lol.

"Yeah arrangement was made to meet the ladies in question, sorry if I didn’t make it clear on original post , no need to stop talking shite lol. "
Okay so you made the arrangements but they went cold days before it so I'd say better finding out at this stage than being stood up on the day

"Yeah arrangement was made to meet the ladies in question, sorry if I didn’t make it clear on original post , no need to stop talking shite lol. Okay so you made the arrangements but they went cold days before it so I'd say better finding out at this stage than being stood up on the day "

Yeah I agree totally, although still not ideal lol.

"Yeah arrangement was made to meet the ladies in question, sorry if I didn’t make it clear on original post , no need to stop talking shite lol. Okay so you made the arrangements but they went cold days before it so I'd say better finding out at this stage than being stood up on the day

Yeah I agree totally, although still not ideal lol."

No its not !

By *ilf n filfCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Just come to one of our social events and lots of people.. you may even get lucky!!

"Just come to one of our social events and lots of people.. you may even get lucky!! "

Thanks to everyone for their good comments, appreciate your time.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So before I start, I fully understand how situations crop up and meeting people can get cancelled.

Over the past Wee while I have been chatting with three ladies at various times obviously.

Few messages in here, all good, exchange pictures and no issues, even swapping numbers and then messages and speaking on the phone.

However 1/2 days before the arrangement to meet, total silence, no communication at all, seems pretty poor I think ."

Maybe it's something your saying or doing in your last couple of messages that's putting them off.

Meets can be very fragile events, all can be going swimmingly then one wrong word or comment can instantly change the other persons _iew of you.

"So before I start, I fully understand how situations crop up and meeting people can get cancelled.

However 1/2 days before the arrangement to meet, total silence, no communication at all, seems pretty poor I think .

Maybe it's something your saying or doing in your last couple of messages that's putting them off.

Meets can be very fragile events, all can be going swimmingly then one wrong word or comment can instantly change the other persons _iew of you. "

Agreed, although if you are chatting on the phone fairly regularly over a couple of weeks I think it’s fair to think you have a good feeling about that person.

Meets can be very fragile events, all can be going swimmingly then one wrong word or comment can instantly change the other persons _iew of you.

Agreed, although if you are chatting on the phone fairly regularly over a couple of weeks I think it’s fair to think you have a good feeling about that person."

If this has happened with all 3, then you've been statistically very unlucky

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I think theyve just played you for a chump

"I think theyve just played you for a chump "

Definitely not as I am not out of pocket, haven’t lost anything, just pointing out the fact some people have a poor way of communicating, it’s just my opinion.

Agreed, although if you are chatting on the phone fairly regularly over a couple of weeks I think it’s fair to think you have a good feeling about that person.

If this has happened with all 3, then you've been statistically very unlucky "

Or he's been way off with his "good feeling" vibe.

By *ookie69Man  over a year ago

Whistle Dixie

Good luck "

I'm not quite sure why Fab would be interested in whether a meet goes too plan or not or has the admin rules changed ?

The reality is, anyone can change their minds at any given time whether you agree or disagree.

No means No.

I would think though in building up some mutual communication they would offer you some valid reason or maybe they would rather avoid the situation in fear of the why why why why messages.

Just move on

Good luck

Lanarkshire

Good luck

I'm not quite sure why Fab would be interested in whether a meet goes too plan or not or has the admin rules changed ?

"

Because if you care to look on the Report screen, you will see an option which says ‘Arranged meet, did not turn up’. So Fab do seem to be interested!

Whistle Dixie

Good luck

Because if you care to look on the Report screen, you will see an option which says ‘Arranged meet, did not turn up’. So Fab do seem to be interested! "

Thanks for clearing that up.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

There is an option to report to Admin OP but if it's maybe happened 3 times to you I would also have a re_iew of what those profiles looked like, were they photo verified, verified, how long on the site, what they asked for in their messages to you ie: 'what do you want them to wear', 'what would you do to them when you meet' and if the profiles seemed too good to be true, they are probably fake.

good luck for the future

Whistle Dixie

"There is an option to report to Admin OP but if it's maybe happened 3 times to you I would also have a re_iew of what those profiles looked like, were they photo verified, verified, how long on the site, what they asked for in their messages to you ie: 'what do you want them to wear', 'what would you do to them when you meet' and if the profiles seemed too good to be true, they are probably fake.

good luck for the future "

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hey this is fab.

Unfortunately It’s to be expected.

Too many dreamers and fantasists and even downright nastiness.

Maybe if admin know it’s happening and as advised on what to look for they can try (and it’s a hefty try) to eliminate it.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

You had a chat, not stood up so take it as a win.

Some really good points above, usually these threads get the same standard feedback but the above is all really fair and accurate. I would agree with one of the fems above that for it to happen with 3 single fems is statistically very unlucky but I’d add it’s also possible that you said the wrong things or those were just not genuine profiles. There are a few variables at play.

Normally the OP’s of posts like this are awfully huffy with toys going out the pram, which is never a good look but you have been more positive with every reply you have left G Dogg. I guess it’s just a case of keeping that positive mindset really going onwards.

I approach the site with the expectations of meeting being a bonus, there are so many other single guys and some are in much better shape than I am (none and I repeat none are funnier) so the odds of being selected can be a bit tight. Def get along to the social events, they can be cracking fun

"Some really good points above, usually these threads get the same standard feedback but the above is all really fair and accurate. I would agree with one of the fems above that for it to happen with 3 single fems is statistically very unlucky but I’d add it’s also possible that you said the wrong things or those were just not genuine profiles. There are a few variables at play.

Normally the OP’s of posts like this are awfully huffy with toys going out the pram, which is never a good look but you have been more positive with every reply you have left G Dogg. I guess it’s just a case of keeping that positive mindset really going onwards.

I approach the site with the expectations of meeting being a bonus, there are so many other single guys and some are in much better shape than I am (none and I repeat none are funnier) so the odds of being selected can be a bit tight. Def get along to the social events, they can be cracking fun"

Definitely onward and upward, their loss

Some guys get a little over eager when you arrange to meet and suddenly start bombarding you with messages that’s really off putting tbh me personally any excuse for a good chat and to get out the house but pretty sure other females would have just went nah screw you

"Some guys get a little over eager when you arrange to meet and suddenly start bombarding you with messages that’s really off putting tbh me personally any excuse for a good chat and to get out the house but pretty sure other females would have just went nah screw you "

Yip absolutely, thing is we can speculate about it but we’ll never know.

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

I think there’s lots of people on here that would rather just have a night in there own house as opposed to meeting, they give it all “I’m up for a meet” and then once they get that far they move onto the next one! Absolutely no chance of them ever meeting and just here for a bit banter and once they get what they want bam! They’re gone, never to reply again but what can you do? Biggest waste of time ever this thing

I always wonder why people join Fab with the expectation that it will be straightforward and easy. PEOPLE are not straightforward and easy. Each one of us are all wonderfully complex and unique, it’s called being human. In “real” life we know this so why would here be any different. The site has a myriad of tools and pages of advice for us to employ in seeking someone that is like minded on the site. Used with a bit of common sense and good vetting “let downs” should be minimal. However being let down is also part of real life. Moving on and learning from that is the important thing.

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I always wonder why people join Fab with the expectation that it will be straightforward and easy. PEOPLE are not straightforward and easy. Each one of us are all wonderfully complex and unique, it’s called being human. In “real” life we know this so why would here be any different. The site has a myriad of tools and pages of advice for us to employ in seeking someone that is like minded on the site. Used with a bit of common sense and good vetting “let downs” should be minimal. However being let down is also part of real life. Moving on and learning from that is the important thing. "

^^^^^^ well said ^^^^^^

But just to comment on your first line…. ‘Why ppl join fab’. I think a big draw is possibly because it’s free.

"I always wonder why people join Fab with the expectation that it will be straightforward and easy. PEOPLE are not straightforward and easy. Each one of us are all wonderfully complex and unique, it’s called being human. In “real” life we know this so why would here be any different. The site has a myriad of tools and pages of advice for us to employ in seeking someone that is like minded on the site. Used with a bit of common sense and good vetting “let downs” should be minimal. However being let down is also part of real life. Moving on and learning from that is the important thing.

^^^^^^ well said ^^^^^^

But just to comment on your first line…. ‘Why ppl join fab’. I think a big draw is possibly because it’s free. "

Thank you and yes, good point on the free thing. Also a much debated point in the supposed battle to rid fab of time wasters. However it doesn’t as many threads also testify too. As you rightly say it’s probably a big attraction but I think it allows new folk to explore without committing. Lots of very well verified, long-standing members don’t pay or are photo verified. The debate will no doubt rage as long as fab exists x

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"I always wonder why people join Fab with the expectation that it will be straightforward and easy. PEOPLE are not straightforward and easy. Each one of us are all wonderfully complex and unique, it’s called being human. In “real” life we know this so why would here be any different. The site has a myriad of tools and pages of advice for us to employ in seeking someone that is like minded on the site. Used with a bit of common sense and good vetting “let downs” should be minimal. However being let down is also part of real life. Moving on and learning from that is the important thing. "

I think a lot of people think it’s like tinder, you look.. swipe … meet …. have sex and go

"I always wonder why people join Fab with the expectation that it will be straightforward and easy. PEOPLE are not straightforward and easy. Each one of us are all wonderfully complex and unique, it’s called being human. In “real” life we know this so why would here be any different. The site has a myriad of tools and pages of advice for us to employ in seeking someone that is like minded on the site. Used with a bit of common sense and good vetting “let downs” should be minimal. However being let down is also part of real life. Moving on and learning from that is the important thing.

I think a lot of people think it’s like tinder, you look.. swipe … meet …. have sex and go "

Agreed, funny thing is… if you do that thing most don’t … READ the site rules, advice and profiles then maybe a lot of those “let downs” could be avoided perhaps

Maybe (and this is merely one suggested perspective, others are available) letdowns are often (not always) born from unrealistic expectations.

Disclaimer:- Sometimes some folk are just rude and yes, time wasters

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

I think a lot of people think it’s like tinder, you look.. swipe … meet …. have sex and go

Agreed, funny thing is… if you do that thing most don’t … READ the site rules, advice and profiles then maybe a lot of those “let downs” could be avoided perhaps

Maybe (and this is merely one suggested perspective, others are available) letdowns are often (not always) born from unrealistic expectations.

Disclaimer:- Sometimes some folk are just rude and yes, time wasters "

Absolutely agree

By *orl1971Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

OP it’s not just you. Our last two meets with single guys, whom we have met before, have been cancelled by the guys. Luckily there are plenty of other people to meet. Good luck OP.

"OP it’s not just you. Our last two meets with single guys, whom we have met before, have been cancelled by the guys. Luckily there are plenty of other people to meet. Good luck OP. "

Thank you for the reply, sorry to hear that you were let down too.

Unfortunately it happens people are fickle. Chalk it up to experience and move on there are plenty of folk that will meet it's just scrap when they ddont

"Unfortunately it happens people are fickle. Chalk it up to experience and move on there are plenty of folk that will meet it's just scrap when they ddont"

Absolutely 100%

"Yea it’s absolutely frustrating, as I say, happy to exchange pictures, numbers, speaking to them and then SILENCE.."

I have had this before lockdown it is baffling, especially when they contacted me first and spent ages chatting, one guy we chatted for months, he was coming to Scotland for a race, we had organised to meet during his stay, I organised someone to look after the tennagers and house and he called off last moment, his excuse was he had a night out he didn't know about, I was not amused.

Another one again chatted for weeks, I had the sense to phone before turning up and he made an excuse he had to get up early and could we do it another time. Hence why I don't meet single guys in their own anymore, not worth the aggravation

» Add a new message to this topic