FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > What would be helpful to avoid misconceptions

What would be helpful to avoid misconceptions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Being single woman on fab swinger is supposed to be a way to meet like-minded people, to share banter, to build up trust and freindship to find out if we are compatible, if there are similar interests.

What I find annoying is being blocked!! Because

I am Being cautious! if à couple message and don't identify if it's male or female chatting, then obviously I am not going to say yes I will come to your home when I don't know you are.

Also I make it quite clear the age group I meet with and have no intensions meeting people 10 to 20 yrs younger, I have no issues with their preferences I just wish they would respect mine...

Rant over

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

"Being single woman on fab swinger is supposed to be a way to meet like-minded people, to share banter, to build up trust and freindship to find out if we are compatible, if there are similar interests.

I am Being cautious! if à couple message and don't identify if it's male or female chatting, then obviously I am not going to say yes I will come to your home when I don't know you are.

Also I make it quite clear the age group I meet with and have no intensions meeting people 10 to 20 yrs younger, I have no issues with their preferences I just wish they would respect mine...

Rant over "

Quite right!

Nothing wrong with that

"Being single woman on fab swinger is supposed to be a way to meet like-minded people, to share banter, to build up trust and freindship to find out if we are compatible, if there are similar interests.

Rant over

Quite right!

Nothing wrong with that "

Thank you glad someone agrees

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

If they block you then look at is as them doing you a favour, they clearly have different expectations of the site so you weren't a match anyway.

I have my filters set so that people outwith my preferred age range can't message, it saves me repeatedly having to say no to people young enough to be my children or old enough to be my parents.

By *ookie69Man  over a year ago

Whistle Dixie

Just to be clear, are you ranting because you have been blocked?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rant over

Quite right!

Nothing wrong with that

Thank you glad someone agrees "

My mrs constantly gets blocked because she politely declines most guys due to them being complete cints. Saves her the hassle to be honest. The rest she has to block herself. Honestly wish folk would read profiles.

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

OP, I wouldn't take it personally if people block you. It's maybe their way of ensuring they don't message you again in future, esp. if they don't/can't use personal notes. Profile names, and pics change, it's had to keep track sometimes.

They're doing you a favour.

Rant over "

Can I ask you a question plz .

The couples that don't identify whom you are speaking with male or female as per your, should we say vetting process and the ones that are to old or to young for you that don't respect your wishes, ie age group criteria , what would YOU do with them had they not blocked you . ?

[Removed by poster at 30/07/21 10:39:20]

"OP, I wouldn't take it personally if people block you. It's maybe their way of ensuring they don't message you again in future, esp. if they don't/can't use personal notes. Profile names, and pics change, it's had to keep track sometimes.

They're doing you a favour. "

Firstly I'm glad you said rant over hun or we wouldn't have known it was done

Secondly (and all joking aside) don't take being blocked personally. After talking it's been identified you're not a match for that profile so rather than waste any more time, or risk drama people block and move on. As said above they're doing you a favour! If you've said you're not interested at turning up at their home there really isn't much more to say.

Also you can set your message filters so only those in your preferred age range can message you. Should limit the amount you receive from people chancing their luck.

Xx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Rant over "

If you have no interest in people 10 to 20 yrs younger then the best thing to do would be to use your filters to reflect your age range,this would stop these people from messaging you and eliminate part of your problem

By *ookie69Man  over a year ago

Whistle Dixie

Rant over

The couples that don't identify whom you are speaking with male or female as per your, should we say vetting process and the ones that are to old or to young for you that don't respect your wishes, ie age group criteria , what would YOU do with them had they not blocked you . ? "

This

"Just to be clear, are you ranting because you have been blocked?

"

Ha ha yeah cheek blocking because I was checking it wasn't a single guy trying to mislead me, the female took umbrage without letting me explain, I am over it now just took me by surprise

"OP, I wouldn't take it personally if people block you. It's maybe their way of ensuring they don't message you again in future, esp. if they don't/can't use personal notes. Profile names, and pics change, it's had to keep track sometimes.

They're doing you a favour. "

So true, however it was the cheeky reply normally I don't care if someone blocks me, as you say does me a favour it was they way it happened.

Rant over

The couples that don't identify whom you are speaking with male or female as per your, should we say vetting process and the ones that are to old or to young for you that don't respect your wishes, ie age group criteria , what would YOU do with them had they not blocked you . ? "

I usually thank them and politely decline and I usually say why, I never block unless someone is abusive.

Rant over If you have no interest in people 10 to 20 yrs younger then the best thing to do would be to use your filters to reflect your age range,this would stop these people from messaging you and eliminate part of your problem "

Yes I usually do having been on thsi site for seven yrs I don't mind chatting to younger people and most respect the age brackets I have on my profile. It was more the way I was asked felt it was a guy, normally women say who they are, we all live and learn

» Add a new message to this topic