FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > thinking of moving.

thinking of moving.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *harliebbw OP   Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

me and the mr are currently thinking of moving to Thurso, one of the things that keep popping up is the impact on our social life. we both play together and alone. One subject that keeps popping up is the impact to our social life. could anyone give us a insight into swinging in the Highlands please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Thurso is a long way from pretty much everywhere! I'd say it's going to be very different to Birmingham that is for sure!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

During the summer months you might get passing tourists but tbh it’s pretty near non existent nightlife up there, as for swinging I guess even less so

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

You can move up then invite us to come and visit

Use the search facility to see how many Fabbers actually live up that way. Inverness is the largest city up here and even then Fabbers struggle to organise a meet.

Biggest issue is everyone knows everyone else, the Highlands is just a wee gosdipy village c spread over hundreds of miles.

Nearest swinger club is Glasgow.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Thurso is about as close to Oslo (in Norway) as it is to London (in England). Beyond the Central Belt of Scotland, things get very remote very, very quickly. Even a few miles out of the way in the Central Belt has a massive impact on what you can do and where you can go socially.

I moved house about five months before Lockdown in March 2020. Just ten miles or so from where I'd lived for the last two decades. I'm still only 30-40 minutes from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. But I might as well be on the Moon. Or in Thurso. Or Oslo.

You really have to think these things out very carefully and realistically - and put in the road miles a few times to get a really clear idea of the distances, bad roads and different worlds beyond the (very) Central Belt of Scotland.

Thurso is nice.. I enjoyed it for a few hours twenty years ago. Never been back.

I would ask why you want to move to Thurso? It’s basically as far from civilisation as possible while still living in a town. The people are undoubtably great but you’ll struggle to have anything remotely close to the private life you have now. If you were looking to retire it could be an option but while you’re still young enough to have lots of fun in your life I’d say find somewhere else.

However, it’s your decision so do what you think is right for your life

By *harliebbw OP   Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

thanks everyone x I am originally a Devon girl so get small town village life. have been in this Concret prison for 8 years, he's a city boy. we have only just started the look but by no means want to be jumping in to anything as we have the children to think about as well.

"me and the mr are currently thinking of moving to Thurso, one of the things that keep popping up is the impact on our social life. we both play together and alone. One subject that keeps popping up is the impact to our social life. could anyone give us a insight into swinging in the Highlands please "

Your profile says your content with the quiet life . Just as well if you move to Thurso.

It's a simple decision imo, if regular fun with other people is important to you and Mr then don't move to Thurso. Simples.

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

There is a swing park on Beach Road for the kids. Have a look on Google Maps and you'll get the idea. There is a sandy beach at Thurso Bay which is part of the permanently icy Pentland Firth.

Thurso has a modest swimming pool and leisure centre which is across the road from the Thurso Free Church of Scotland (you may need to check availablity of the kids swing park on Sundays). There is also a 2 screen cinema with a bar and restaurant where you don't need to book seats or a table because they are "always available". Public Library and Tecso Superstore. A sit-in/ takeaway Indian and a "Krispy Chicken" Takeaway too.

The train line ends, and begins there.

Oooerr. I would give very serious thought...

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

Hotel meets in Inverness seems to be the way to go as far as I am aware.

By *ariemike11Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Inverness way better for a busy social life !

Buses trains n planes.

"me and the mr are currently thinking of moving to Thurso, one of the things that keep popping up is the impact on our social life. we both play together and alone. One subject that keeps popping up is the impact to our social life. could anyone give us a insight into swinging in the Highlands please "

You really have to ask what's better for you quality of life or an active sex life. You can still do weekends in Aberdeen or Edinburgh if you really want the swinging lifestyle

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Is there a particular reason you are considering Thurso?

By *ookie69Man  over a year ago

Whistle Dixie

One of the biggest factors you need too think about isn't just you're social swinging lifestyle.

You're Children should be at the top of you're co sideration

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

I've been to thurso many times, as others have said it's a fairly small town which in itself is ok but there is fuck all for miles. Couple of hours drive to Inverness and even then that's a relatively small city. Book a holiday, go and seen it for yourself. Oh and the weather will be nothing like Devon

Thurso, it's peaceful, quiet, not much going on but some crazy nice scenery!

If there isn't much of a swinging scene then you could always get the ball rolling.

"Thurso, it's peaceful, quiet, not much going on but some crazy nice scenery!

If there isn't much of a swinging scene then you could always get the ball rolling. "

Absolutely, open a club

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

If you haven't been to that part of Scotland before go for a holiday in the winter. Experience the very short daylight hours and the bitter cold winds coming in off the North Sea. On the other side, the summers are long daylight hours and go look at beautiful countryside.

Take everything into consideration.

I adore the Thurso area, I love the small town, the shoreline, the little villages and hamlets along that road, however, I have visited in all weather's and its an unforgiving place, for children, there is not much, however if your looking to bring them up in an outdoor environment then it's great.

There are gentler areas that offer a mix of the urban and rural local. As others have suggested, visiting in winter is essential, I live in the central belt, work up in the Highland area and you do need to expect diverse weather, and cold. Travelling in the North Highlands takes much longer and has to be planned, granted a beautiful place but unforgiving at times.

Move to Moray. Still have that better quality of life, fresh air, beaches in every town but slightly more to do with kids and families

Fab life is great if you want it to, plenty of playing males and couples or 50 mile road trips into Ness or Aberdeen for fab weekends

By *ickedTemptationMan  over a year ago

Somewhere

Like everywhere there are pros and cons to where you live. I’m local to the Thurso area and if you are thinking of moving here then as others have suggested, come for a couple of trips up over the space of a year . That way you will experience all the different kinds of weather that can happen up here and also be able to explore and see what you like and don’t like about the area. I personally love it here but it is not for everyone.

By *hemainintainMan  over a year ago

govan

Used to live in north of Scotland. Regularly drove hours for meets!

By *hiterabbit6Couple  over a year ago

Sexytown, Moray

"Move to Moray. Still have that better quality of life, fresh air, beaches in every town but slightly more to do with kids and families

Fab life is great if you want it to, plenty of playing males and couples or 50 mile road trips into Ness or Aberdeen for fab weekends "

» Add a new message to this topic