FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Since when was single guys a buisness

Since when was single guys a buisness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *OSCCOSMITH69 OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow / edinburgh

Just been chatting away to a few folk and if come across a real concern.

Single guys are the new buisness model for partys and events…

You invite so many single men and charge them double or some time triple the entry fee to cover the cost of the entire event therefore reducing the cost to couples and females and hence getting more of the “correct type of swinger” into the party….

Not my words something that was said to me…

Is this a real thing?

Answers on a postcard for this queries mind

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

It has been pretty standard for years for single men to be charged more than couples/single females to get in to clubs. Can't comment on the party side of things, any parties I attend tend to be small private house parties which arent financially motivated.

Ultimately, no one has to attend these events, it is entirely personal choice, so it's up to the individual person to decide whether they are willing to pay the price the organiser is asking.

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Just been chatting away to a few folk and if come across a real concern.

You invite so many single men and charge them double or some time triple the entry fee to cover the cost of the entire event therefore reducing the cost to couples and females and hence getting more of the “correct type of swinger” into the party….

Is this a real thing?

Answers on a postcard for this queries mind"

It’s been like that for years and years. As you said, it helps stop it being a sausage party. Guys pay most, then couples, and cheap entry for women (cheaper still if they’re pretty and ambidextrous).

There’s a case to be made that it is ethically questionable, but it’s tried and tested economics. Just like here there are loads more single guys on the market. Some dating apps have similar pricing structures.

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Is this a real thing?

Answers on a postcard for this queries mind

It’s been like that for years and years. As you said, it helps stop it being a sausage party. Guys pay most, then couples, and cheap entry for women (cheaper still if they’re pretty and ambidextrous).

There’s a case to be made that it is ethically questionable, but it’s tried and tested economics. Just like here there are loads more single guys on the market. Some dating apps have similar pricing structures. "

No difference as to how the pub trade works either... attract the ladies to the venue. The men follow. The men spend the greatest amount if money at the bar..

Difference is that in a swingers clubs you are encouraged NOT to get rat arsed! So you spread the cost in other ways and the men are charged accordingly.

Simples. It's not right. But those who want to go will pay and they do.

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

As one of those single guys... I have to admit that although I don't like spending money, and would prefer to pay a tenner than £25, I'm also aware that if it were cheap it'd be full of guys who probably are just there for a cheap thrill. Making it that bit more expensive helps limit numbers (which works in my favour of course!) and makes people think twice about going. The more genuine ones will still pay, others might not. And as much as I begrudge spending money (being from Yorkshire and all that!) a night at Quest probably doesn't cost me any more than going for a nice meal with friends.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

it's the men who pander to these kind of hosts that causes the problem if guys refused to be treated like this it wouldn't happen plain and simple.

Any socials or parties I've hosted its been one cost for all per person

Dunfermline

"it's the men who pander to these kind of hosts that causes the problem if guys refused to be treated like this it wouldn't happen plain and simple.

Any socials or parties I've hosted its been one cost for all per person "

I think with socials or parties it’s easier to ‘manage’ the guest list and get balance from there. For the clubs and big events that’s less of an option.

As others have said, I’d rather pay over the odds and have a decent night than pay less and be wading through folk who think it’s a cheap alternative to a strip club! In doing so I’d be part of the problem. I’ll probably just take the wife instead!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All those saying charging extra controls the number of single guys that go to the event are talking bollocks.

You as an organiser can easily charge everyone the same and simply refuse entry to single guys when the m/f ratios don't balance.

"All those saying charging extra controls the number of single guys that go to the event are talking bollocks.

You as an organiser can easily charge everyone the same and simply refuse entry to single guys when the m/f ratios don't balance.

"

^^^ This

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Lol bit late to the party OP lol.

It's been this way for years. As long as guy's keep thinking with thier dick, there will always be demand.

By *eepitonwaxMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"As one of those single guys... I have to admit that although I don't like spending money, and would prefer to pay a tenner than £25, I'm also aware that if it were cheap it'd be full of guys who probably are just there for a cheap thrill. Making it that bit more expensive helps limit numbers (which works in my favour of course!) and makes people think twice about going. The more genuine ones will still pay, others might not. And as much as I begrudge spending money (being from Yorkshire and all that!) a night at Quest probably doesn't cost me any more than going for a nice meal with friends. "

Guess it is a glass half full or glass half empty kinda thing.

Fortunately always had someone to go with but I’ve always thought it was fair and it helps limit single males, but thinking about it now it doesn’t really, as the male slots fill up(showing they can and do decide how many attend anyway, so cost isn’t a limiting factor), so that means price for single males is the price, then it gets cheaper for couples & single women to entice them into coming…

"Lol bit late to the party OP lol.

It's been this way for years. As long as guy's keep thinking with thier dick, there will always be demand.

"

Spot on

glasgow / edinburgh

"it's the men who pander to these kind of hosts that causes the problem if guys refused to be treated like this it wouldn't happen plain and simple.

Any socials or parties I've hosted its been one cost for all per person "

See thats where i agree… cost should be the same all round and a proper vetting system put in place rather than just cost…

Ive been to parties where the folk are just nasty (not in a good way) both men and couples alike and i ve left with partners because of that… been to clubs that let anyone in as long as you pay your way and i just find that wrong… yeah i get the economy side of it that moneys money and men are exploded same way parents are exploded at toys stores and adverts targeting kids toys at kid while the watch tv… i get it as a market ploy but just find it annoying when i see it happening at house parties now… grumble over lol

Thanks for folks opinions

glasgow / edinburgh

"As one of those single guys... I have to admit that although I don't like spending money, and would prefer to pay a tenner than £25, I'm also aware that if it were cheap it'd be full of guys who probably are just there for a cheap thrill. Making it that bit more expensive helps limit numbers (which works in my favour of course!) and makes people think twice about going. The more genuine ones will still pay, others might not. And as much as I begrudge spending money (being from Yorkshire and all that!) a night at Quest probably doesn't cost me any more than going for a nice meal with friends.

Guess it is a glass half full or glass half empty kinda thing.

Fortunately always had someone to go with but I’ve always thought it was fair and it helps limit single males, but thinking about it now it doesn’t really, as the male slots fill up(showing they can and do decide how many attend anyway, so cost isn’t a limiting factor), so that means price for single males is the price, then it gets cheaper for couples & single women to entice them into coming…

"

Thats what i was mean that you invite say 10 males paying £30 each that your night covered and then you invite females and couples for nothing… so yes it limits it to a non sausages fest but doesnt mean that the guys or folk invited are nicer than those that couldnt afford to go

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

" It has been pretty standard for years for single men to be charged more than couples/single females to get in to clubs. Can't comment on the party side of things, any parties I attend tend to be small private house parties which arent financially motivated.

Ultimately, no one has to attend these events, it is entirely personal choice, so it's up to the individual person to decide whether they are willing to pay the price the organiser is asking. "

pretty much this

by allowing folk/businesses to do it you give them free reign to continue doing it.

It bothers me that some of the loudest mouths on "equality" within this forum are also the biggest defenders of this clear discrimination.

Stop being a cash cow and the practice will stop

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Any socials or parties I've hosted its been one cost for all per person

I think with socials or parties it’s easier to ‘manage’ the guest list and get balance from there. For the clubs and big events that’s less of an option.

As others have said, I’d rather pay over the odds and have a decent night than pay less and be wading through folk who think it’s a cheap alternative to a strip club! In doing so I’d be part of the problem. I’ll probably just take the wife instead! "

lol clubs use a quota system so pricing has nothing to do with which groups will be there on the night ie 8 single guys 12 cpls 20 single fems. It ain't first come first served.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

I wholeheartedly disagree with charging people different amounts albeit at clubs, parties or socials. Any parties we have attended I don’t actually think we have paid but if the organiser asked for a contribution to cover costs I would expect the amount to be the same for all attendees ie £10 for me £10 for my husband and £10 for single women or guys because that’s fair!

At Clubs it should also be the same I’ve never understood why single women pay so much less than single guys, not everyone wants to meet women a hell of a lot of couples want to meet men therefore it should be equal. That of course is only my opinion

This has been common for years many pubs or clubs used to do ladies night girls got free drinks and men where charged entry , if there plenty women there men will pay to he there

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I really don't see what the issue is about pricing.

You don't have to pay it.

Fortunately there are many that do and they are the regular income for clubs.

If it wasn't for these people, we wouldn't have any clubs.

It's simple business. Where there is a demand, there will be inflated prices.

Dunfermline

"This has been common for years many pubs or clubs used to do ladies night girls got free drinks and men where charged entry , if there plenty women there men will pay to he there "

Not sure what branch of law you’re in (or whether you are at all… there are some pretty inaccurate user names on here!!). You might be able to correct me if I’m wrong, but the abolition of gendered pricing in insurance (via an EU directive) came about after the Test-Achats case in the ECJ.

Are you the man to take a ‘Perv’s Premium’ case through the courts?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Is this a real thing?

Answers on a postcard for this queries mind"

It is really unfair. Men and women should pay the same in my opinion.

Gotta agree with most.

1 price suits all.

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"if there plenty women there men will pay to be there "

^^^^This^^^^ Regardless of the price.

One of the biggest reasons I've refused to attend any of these events. Sorry but especially in a society that demands equality for all, this just reeked of double standards.

"if there plenty women there men will pay to be there

^^^^This^^^^ Regardless of the price. "

Not all men

» Add a new message to this topic