FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Should FAB be subscription

Should FAB be subscription

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atureGent58 OP   Man  over a year ago

funland

With the noticeable increase in fake profiles should Fab introduce a subscription. Would this eliminate fake profiles and time wasters if they had to pay for the service?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"With the noticeable increase in fake profiles should Fab introduce a subscription. Would this eliminate fake profiles and time wasters if they had to pay for the service?"

You can go in your message filters and block people who are not paying for fab supporters if you think this will help you with fakes.

Personally I don't think it would eliminate fakes.

By *uffolkJohnMan  over a year ago

Newmarket

A new free site will open up and fab would be finished.

Definitely think it would help if everyone paid

"With the noticeable increase in fake profiles should Fab introduce a subscription. Would this eliminate fake profiles and time wasters if they had to pay for the service?

You can go in your message filters and block people who are not paying for fab supporters if you think this will help you with fakes.

Personally I don't think it would eliminate fakes."

What a post Ruby.

While it doesn't quite answer the question it does end the point he makes about fake profiles only happening as its free to create them. As you say you can filter out the free loaders.

By *ark EdgeCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

Why would subscription stop the fakes?

By *uffolkJohnMan  over a year ago

Newmarket

"Why would subscription stop the fakes? "
-- They won't Dark Edge. It's silly. Plenty of dating sites out there free to use and then pay to upgrade just like fab. It's a good system and most people moaning about fakes are just having a bit of a bad run on fab. Tbh it's really easy to avoid fakes if you spend 5 mins looking at their profile.

funland

Interesting comments, some for subscription and some against, my _iew is that subscription may deter fakes from setting up profiles in the first instance if they have to pay, especially those who have multiple fake profiles

I suspect subscription would also have a lot of non folks choosing not to bother

funland

"I suspect subscription would also have a lot of non folks choosing not to bother "

What is non folks?

Even though I’m not photo verified I think that might do more than subscription but you’ll always get time wasters etc

"I suspect subscription would also have a lot of non folks choosing not to bother

What is non folks? "

A typo

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Fake profiles are usually very easy to spot. Whilst membership fees might get rid of some of the fakes and time wasters, a lot of genuine people would probably leave as well.

By *lair101TV/TS  over a year ago

Aberdeen, westhill

Yes it should. There should also be some kind of way to block timewasters from the site via ip address. Half the folk on here just take the piss.

"Yes it should. There should also be some kind of way to block timewasters from the site via ip address. Half the folk on here just take the piss."

Define a time-waster please.

You could say adding the total nonsense warning text on a profile about using that persons pics without their permission as both time wasting to include it and also time wasting for someone to read it.

So again , define a time-waster plz.

Have I lost the plot here - I thought we already paid to be a member? I know its gold or silver basically based in how much photos you want to upload. The people that don't pay are limiting themselves and wont get the same benefits from it. I would have thought that serious members would think it's not a lot to pay for what you get from it. Nothing else comes close to FAB.

"Have I lost the plot here - I thought we already paid to be a member? I know its gold or silver basically based in how much photos you want to upload. The people that don't pay are limiting themselves and wont get the same benefits from it. I would have thought that serious members would think it's not a lot to pay for what you get from it. Nothing else comes close to FAB."

Other than extra photos and your conversations saved together I'm not really sure what you get more than me out of Fab. Having been a paid member in the past and now freeloading through the site it's not exactly disadvantaged me in any noticeable way.

I used to pay but as I don't watch videos, upload loads of pictures, or give a shit who looked at me I stopped. If there was something that benefited me I'd pay. I probably wouldn't have joined if there was a paywall to begin with and I'm glad there wasn't because I've got some really good friends from fab x

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Supposing somehow all the fakes and time wasters were eradicated, what would the unsuccessful fabbers have left to blame their lack of interest/action on?

"Supposing somehow all the fakes and time wasters were eradicated, what would the unsuccessful fabbers have left to blame their lack of interest/action on?

"

We would need to accept reality, we really are fat ugly fuckers as opposed dad bod silver foxes.

By *y_1Man  over a year ago

Here n there

"A new free site will open up and fab would be finished. "

Correct. Swinging Heaven at one time was free. They introduced fees just to get in, while it mostly stopped fake accounts and worked

Then This site appeared and SH has hardly anyone on it nowadays

I pay for it, ignore the fakes, learn from mistakes and love coming on here

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

No

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Supposing somehow all the fakes and time wasters were eradicated, what would the unsuccessful fabbers have left to blame their lack of interest/action on?

"

Spot on!!!

By *exy n up 4 itCouple  over a year ago

western isles

This place has people on here for all sorts of reasons and with a huge variety of expectations.

There are those who live and breathe the lifestyle and those who just join for a good perve at pics and to get a glimpse of this world with no intention of going further.

The level of investment in the lifestyle varies from one extreme to the other in the same way it does with people in a pub. Not everyone there is is doing all they can to get pissed but does that make everyone else a timewaster?

No it doesn’t and it’s a simple fact of life that people want to be surrounded by similar, like minded folk to feel more comfortable.

When they come across someone who is not at the same level of investment as them they don’t feel comfortable and have to give them a different label to disassociate themselves from them.

Then to affirm this difference they use these forums to complain that someone if different from them in some way.

Get over it ffs! Accept the difference and enjoy the fact you have the freedom and ability to access these places and hopefully find someone who floats your boat?

Constantly whingeing isn’t most unattractive in every form!

funland

"This place has people on here for all sorts of reasons and with a huge variety of expectations.

There are those who live and breathe the lifestyle and those who just join for a good perve at pics and to get a glimpse of this world with no intention of going further.

The level of investment in the lifestyle varies from one extreme to the other in the same way it does with people in a pub. Not everyone there is is doing all they can to get pissed but does that make everyone else a timewaster?

No it doesn’t and it’s a simple fact of life that people want to be surrounded by similar, like minded folk to feel more comfortable.

When they come across someone who is not at the same level of investment as them they don’t feel comfortable and have to give them a different label to disassociate themselves from them.

Then to affirm this difference they use these forums to complain that someone if different from them in some way.

Get over it ffs! Accept the difference and enjoy the fact you have the freedom and ability to access these places and hopefully find someone who floats your boat?

Constantly whingeing isn’t most unattractive in every form!"

I take it that’s a no in your opinion lol

"With the noticeable increase in fake profiles should Fab introduce a subscription. Would this eliminate fake profiles and time wasters if they had to pay for the service?"

Definitely agreed with that

It doesn't help when you have certain Fab members splashing Fab all over there Tic Tok vids,only encourages dreams,time wasters and those who think it's Instashag.

I don't think a subscription would stop fakes but it would certainly reduce the shear quantity of fake profiles,just my opinion though.

» Add a new message to this topic