FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > ASAP need advice about water tank

ASAP need advice about water tank

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hi all, been scouring google and the likes but cant find any help so decided to ask on here.

I have a black plastic water tank in my flat that sits above a green coloured tank. It sits in a cupboard in the hall.

I was running a bath today and the water was scolding hot and when i went to use the hot water in the kitchen it came out like steam.

I went to the cupboard to double check the temp on the tank and its roasting in there, almost like a steam room (there isnt any heating in there)

I then noticed that the black plastic tank on the top has snapped out of its silver metal strapping and is bulging out at the sides.

How do i fix this? and how do i stop the tank bulging like that. The tanks are too hot to touch just now.

Any help greatly appreciated xxxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Upper thermostat by chance?

"Upper thermostat by chance?"

every chance cause i have no idea what that is, all i know is its creaking and groaning now and i dont know how to fix it

It sounds like the immersion heater is at fault and boiled the water which would expand in the tank an that would burst the straps. I would imagine that the immersion heater needs replaced as it sounds as if its not tripping off and just continuing to heater the water all the time.

R u all electric or do u have gas heating pm me am a plumber lol xxx

im all electric, i heat the water from a switch in the kitchen and i've switched that off now.

Ur immersion thermostat is knackerd u mite get away with just the thermostat rod if not u will need a new immersion just switch it off at wall xxx

bollox, the only switch i can find in the cupboard is behind the burny tank. Can i flip the switch on the fuse board?

Yeah should b one saying water heater do u not have a switch in ur kitchen for ur water heater xxx

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

You need to be careful with what your doing babe,gimme a shout if you need help x

» Add a new message to this topic