FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > NC 500

NC 500

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *plotgoblins OP   Man  over a year ago

heritage coast

We are off on this trip , just after Easter

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Enjoy, if you search the forums you'll see there's been other threads full of great information on it

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We’re very jealous.

One of our favourite things to do. Some of the things you will see will just blow your mind. The north-west of Scotland and the islands are our happy place.

Love West Coast, have had two consecutive holidays at Poolewe/Gairloch in the last two years. So much to do and see

By *othighlander2Man  over a year ago

North Inverness

Best time to do it and hope the weather is good for you! No midgies yet still to early lol..Im on the east coast and has lots of things to do..

By *bcums3Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Done it last year but went off the beaten track a bit and seen some different sites a long the way

You’ll have a great time

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Heading back to Lewis and Harris in July. We were there last year and it was so relaxing and a stunningly beautiful place

North Inverness

"Heading back to Lewis and Harris in July. We were there last year and it was so relaxing and a stunningly beautiful place"

Have tent and motorbike ..can i come too!!

I did it last May, it was fantastic, the scenery is stunning and the seafood was amazing. I still drool every time I think about the langoustines I had.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Heading back to Lewis and Harris in July. We were there last year and it was so relaxing and a stunningly beautiful place

Have tent and motorbike ..can i come too!!"

If you have a tent and a motorbike there is nothing stopping you

Enjoy it, sounds incredible. Hoping to do it this year once I've sorted my campervan.

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

"Heading back to Lewis and Harris in July. We were there last year and it was so relaxing and a stunningly beautiful place

Have tent and motorbike ..can i come too!!"

The alter8tive bikers aka fab bikers did this last year great long weekend

On my to do list

Well it's a beautiful morning here in the NW today. Hope to meet some of you this summer.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

I'm doing it on June but only have a Guzzi Sport 1100, I think I may need a more suitable bike, what do you fab folk recommend?

By *ocketman69xxxMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Would love to try NC500

Have done it a couple of times

By *aggismuncher69Man  over a year ago

Johnstone

"I'm doing it on June but only have a Guzzi Sport 1100, I think I may need a more suitable bike, what do you fab folk recommend?"

S1000XR - speed and comfort. Been up that way several times - sometimes Glasgow to Applecross and back in a day! Love it!

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"I'm doing it on June but only have a Guzzi Sport 1100, I think I may need a more suitable bike, what do you fab folk recommend?

S1000XR - speed and comfort. Been up that way several times - sometimes Glasgow to Applecross and back in a day! Love it!"

Great bike but way out of my price range.

Apple cross pass is amazing; only done it in a car, really excited about doing it on a bike.

Did durness to ullapool corner 2020, it was stunning. So many beautiful beaches. Enjoy x

By *horman11Man  over a year ago

Thurso

I live in Thurso and there are a few campervans on the go now

If you stop in Ullapool, go to the seafood shack, the food is amazing!!

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

"We are off on this trip , just after Easter"

Enjoy!! Did it in September last year. Had an amazing time

North Inverness

"I'm doing it on June but only have a Guzzi Sport 1100, I think I may need a more suitable bike, what do you fab folk recommend?

S1000XR - speed and comfort. Been up that way several times - sometimes Glasgow to Applecross and back in a day! Love it!"

Yep can only agree must be one of best bikes I've owned so far!

It’s fab enjoy .. I’m heading up the northwest coast and Skye in may

By *aggismuncher69Man  over a year ago

Johnstone

"

Yep can only agree must be one of best bikes I've owned so far!"

You have very good taste sir

By *eannecdTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

Put in for September

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Love West Coast, have had two consecutive holidays at Poolewe/Gairloch in the last two years. So much to do and see"

Yes. I managed to bend my rod into an old trout that was sniffing around my flies on Loch Tollaidh. Delightful.

The Guzzi will be fine. No probs.

By *ornyhighlander1993Man  over a year ago

Highland

I work on the roads and cover most of the NC500, have lived in Poolewe Gairloch, Ullapool, Lochinver and North, so anyone that has any questions or would like any help or suggestions feel free to give me a message.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I work on the roads and cover most of the NC500, have lived in Poolewe Gairloch, Ullapool, Lochinver and North, so anyone that has any questions or would like any help or suggestions feel free to give me a message. "

This is a stupid question but do you or anyone else know the exact route of the PENIS 287 as featured in the Grand Tour a few years ago?

I'm in Inverness in July for a few days and would love to drive that route as the scenery is amazing...well in the Grand Tour that is.

Highland

From watching it they did it in a few stages, and the editing made it look like they did it in one direction, they started in Invergordon, then were seen over the kessock bridge in inverness, then inchnadamph, ullapool, lochinver, back to ullapool and the party at braemore. Then up north again. Impossible to work out what was their route as the episode was cut and edited so many times with footage of somewhere back the way they appear to be going towards.

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"The Guzzi will be fine. No probs."

The bike will be great, it's more me really; with a total journey distance (from house and back) being over 1000 miles, I'm not sure my body will cope with that very low riding position.

Glasgow

"From watching it they did it in a few stages, and the editing made it look like they did it in one direction, they started in Invergordon, then were seen over the kessock bridge in inverness, then inchnadamph, ullapool, lochinver, back to ullapool and the party at braemore. Then up north again. Impossible to work out what was their route as the episode was cut and edited so many times with footage of somewhere back the way they appear to be going towards."

Ah ok, will try to figure out a route myself between Inverness and the kylesku bridge.

Highland

"From watching it they did it in a few stages, and the editing made it look like they did it in one direction, they started in Invergordon, then were seen over the kessock bridge in inverness, then inchnadamph, ullapool, lochinver, back to ullapool and the party at braemore. Then up north again. Impossible to work out what was their route as the episode was cut and edited so many times with footage of somewhere back the way they appear to be going towards.

Ah ok, will try to figure out a route myself between Inverness and the kylesku bridge. "

Personally I'd have 2 options, if you want to do it one day then Inverness-Ullapool-Kylesku-Oykel Bridge-Lairg-Inverness.

Can do this in a day too but need to be motoring on, a good place (s) to stop over on the route would be Gairloch/Poolewe Ullapool/Lochinver.

Inverness-Gairloch-Poolewe-Aultbae-Ullapool-Lochinver-Clashnessie-Drumbeg-Kylesku.

Glasgow

"From watching it they did it in a few stages, and the editing made it look like they did it in one direction, they started in Invergordon, then were seen over the kessock bridge in inverness, then inchnadamph, ullapool, lochinver, back to ullapool and the party at braemore. Then up north again. Impossible to work out what was their route as the episode was cut and edited so many times with footage of somewhere back the way they appear to be going towards.

Ah ok, will try to figure out a route myself between Inverness and the kylesku bridge.

Personally I'd have 2 options, if you want to do it one day then Inverness-Ullapool-Kylesku-Oykel Bridge-Lairg-Inverness.

Can do this in a day too but need to be motoring on, a good place (s) to stop over on the route would be Gairloch/Poolewe Ullapool/Lochinver.

Inverness-Gairloch-Poolewe-Aultbae-Ullapool-Lochinver-Clashnessie-Drumbeg-Kylesku. "

Thanks

It is going to be a day trip

» Add a new message to this topic