FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Masquerade Ball Refund

Masquerade Ball Refund

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hillax OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasvegas

I was just wondering, has anyone received a refund from the couple who organised the ball?

They are no longer on the site.

I contacted the hotel, and they confirmed that any monies received for the booking have been refunded.

200 people at £12 a head is just shy of two and a half grand that they now have.

I dropped them an email from their PayPal email address, but no reply, they seem to have gone to ground. However as they asked for the PayPal payment to be made as a "gift" (to avoid PayPal fees) we have no recourse through PayPal to recover fees as it was not a purchase, it was a gift.

I'm not tight, but £12 was the price of a drink in that first hotel we started out in that night!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 22/10/12 13:48:25]

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

They put a post up around 3 weeks ago asking anyone who wished a refund to get in touch with them.

And anyone who didn't their money would go to charity.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/126828#last

Glasvegas

Cheers, I didn't see it.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"They put a post up around 3 weeks ago asking anyone who wished a refund to get in touch with them.

And anyone who didn't their money would go to charity. "

I posted a newer one Miss, hope that helps x

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

"http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/126828#last"

Good work View, you just beat me to it!

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/126828#last

Good work View, you just beat me to it! "

Glasvegas

Cheers guys,

"lets end on a high note" wouldn't have been a thread I would have read.

So long as monies are going to a charity, I'm happy with that.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sorry that some people may not like this but don't abuse me like you all did the last person to say it.....but I don't think thats the point to be honest...if you have been asking for a refund it should have been given.

Maybe it would have been better for the organiser or the person being entrusted to sort it out mailed everyone who had paid to make sure of what they wanted to do with their payment.

Glasvegas

True Rugby, that's what I would have done. And to be fair, that thread about refunds wasn't posted by the couple either. They had everones email addresses from PayPal, so even if they were no longer on FAB they could easily email everyone giving them an option and or a preference for a charity.

I know it may seem a lot of inconvenience for them, but when you run something like that, you need to plan for all contingencies and be organised to contact everyone.

To say that if they didn't hear from folk who wanted a refund then the money would be going to charity, is rather unconventional.

But hey ho!, it's all getting sorted now.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm here too if anyone wants a refund. I was asked to take over refunds before the couple organising the ball left.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

to be fair, yes they could have but the thought of sending 200 emails is a big ask, they both work and have a small family.

Were you going as your profile name or a partner to someone else, did you pay on your paypal account.

Did you message and ask, they did announce they were leaving with notice that they were going.

Yes, they could have messaged everyone... a fair point but reality is they didn't but offered an alternative.... another lesson learnt for future organisers... although I don't see many being organised from now

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be fair View, not everyone reads forums or checks out other peoples profiles to see what updates they have.

People have families when organising events and manage to organise their time so if it is cancelled they must be able to organise it then too.

Either way, I am thinking any that have gone astray are just oversights and will be dealt with, but you can't blame people for asking about it or expecting some sort of contact.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"To be fair View, not everyone reads forums or checks out other peoples profiles to see what updates they have.

People have families when organising events and manage to organise their time so if it is cancelled they must be able to organise it then too.

Either way, I am thinking any that have gone astray are just oversights and will be dealt with, but you can't blame people for asking about it or expecting some sort of contact. "

totally agree, just spoke to the organiser, they were to reply to the OP mail that was sent 13 minutes before the thread creation.

but I agree Rugby with your points, I think we rely too much on the Forums for updates about socials and sometimes they get lost and filters get in the way

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

To be fair to the organisers, they didn't just "go to ground" they publicly said they were leaving the site due to the press involvement. They thought that the press would still continue with their outing of the site and didn't want to be the next victims if you like.

"To be fair to the organisers, they didn't just "go to ground" they publicly said they were leaving the site due to the press involvement. They thought that the press would still continue with their outing of the site and didn't want to be the next victims if you like. "

Which they were right to do it looks like!

Glasvegas

Had a quick reply back from S.

"PS. As a side note, you posted in the forums no more than 10 minutes after you initially emailed us. Would it not of been a little more prudent to wait a while for us to reply before posting that?"

I had emailed them on FAB shortly after the event, and got no reply, this was the 2nd time I had used their PayPal email address.

If organising an event like this, and I take my hat off to those who do, is too much especially with family and work commitments, then don't do it. Organising a night out is one thing, but when you start dealing with OPM (Other Peoples Money) that's a whole different ball game.

I don't trawl through the forums to see what all and sundry have been saying, that's not what this site is about for me.

LilandLarry, from where I am sitting, they have my money, no event, no reply to a FAB email, then their account is deleted, and no reply to a PayPal email, I can only but assume that they have gone to ground i.e. not contactable.

Now that I know they are contactable, I just think it could have been handle a lot better.

I've organised conferences for hundreds of delegates, and it's a nightmare, hence why I won't do it again, and commend those who do pull it off, it's not easy.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 22/10/12 15:07:35]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

were you at the drinks night in Edinburgh, I thought I saw you... I am sure they would have given you the refund on the night had you asked.

apologies if have mixed you up with someone else

Glasvegas

I was there View, has a chat with S and J, but asking for a refund there and then wasn't appropriate. For all I knew the money could still be tied up with the hotel.

It was a downer that it happened, lessons learnt, moving on.

I put my hand up for not being more open about the refund situation.

I wasn't sure whether to do things discreetly or not in the light of the recent bad publicity.

However I will now make sure that posts regarding refunds are 'bumped' and can assure everyone that as soon as all requested refunds are made the remaining money will go to charity and proof of this shown.

L xx

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I was there View, has a chat with S and J, but asking for a refund there and then wasn't appropriate. For all I knew the money could still be tied up with the hotel.

It was a downer that it happened, lessons learnt, moving on."

I thought you were... glad you have the reply and hope it all gets sorted for you

all the best

Glasvegas

"I thought you were... glad you have the reply and hope it all gets sorted for you

all the best"

As we have never met, how would you recognise me? I don't have any face pics on FAB.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"I thought you were... glad you have the reply and hope it all gets sorted for you

all the best

As we have never met, how would you recognise me? I don't have any face pics on FAB."

quiet easy in the fact that if I see someone I don't know at these events, I ask the person I am speaking to.... who is that. Then as the night goes on and if time and opportunity allows, I will introduce myself. Socials are a great way to meet others on the scene.

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Well said, having solicited as much as a dozen of my fab friends to cough up for the event I feel somewhat miffed at the manner at which it was all handeled which I think is uncalled for,fairs fair at the end of the day and if one takes the responsibility to arrange such an event and it's a massive success then one is accredited for having successfully pulled it off,but should it not go off to plan then the flip side of the coin would have it that one would also be deemed responsible for the failure,with great power comes great responsibility fair is fair at the end of the day and we should all treat people like how we wish to be treated,manners & consideration cost nothing in my book but perhaps others would disagree with my outlook xxx

edinburgh

I must look intimidating it weird or something as I generally find that socials consist of small hurdles of cliques who peer at you over their pints & whisper to one another as you pass by but very rarely have I personally experienced any social interaction from individuals whom I hadn't already not before,which to me defeats the whole purpose of a social lol I wasn't aware you were present _iew as I would have introduced myself and offered my hand out of respect for the fact that you were one of the first people I spoke to on fab many a moon ago who gave me time of day when I first came on the site

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I always try and hold out my hand and introduce myself, fortunately on this occassion I had some wonderful people who took me under their wing, as being a single female, it is quite a daunting thing turning up on your own, so I would love to know, where all the single guys were???? Lol

Could have turned a good night into a great night

"I always try and hold out my hand and introduce myself, fortunately on this occassion I had some wonderful people who took me under their wing, as being a single female, it is quite a daunting thing turning up on your own, so I would love to know, where all the single guys were???? Lol

Could have turned a good night into a great night "

Oi oi lol you called me a cheeky beggar lol xx nice ropes lol

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I always try and hold out my hand and introduce myself, fortunately on this occassion I had some wonderful people who took me under their wing, as being a single female, it is quite a daunting thing turning up on your own, so I would love to know, where all the single guys were???? Lol

Could have turned a good night into a great night

Oi oi lol you called me a cheeky beggar lol xx nice ropes lol"

Oi Oi, the key word was 'single' men!! And you were a cheeky beggar up until we met!!

Lol no seen you bk on since then lol thought I scared ya haha

just out of curiosity., what charity is the beneficiary to the outstanding monies not returned?

Ok having read and taken on board the reactions on this and other posts, i will be doing a post on behalf of the organisers. That will explain whats going on.

G

"Ok having read and taken on board the reactions on this and other posts, i will be doing a post on behalf of the organisers. That will explain whats going on.

G "

Thanks G. xxx

Done.

[Removed by poster at 23/10/12 02:33:14]

"Well said, having solicited as much as a dozen of my fab friends to cough up for the event I feel somewhat miffed at the manner at which it was all handeled which I think is uncalled for,fairs fair at the end of the day and if one takes the responsibility to arrange such an event and it's a massive success then one is accredited for having successfully pulled it off,but should it not go off to plan then the flip side of the coin would have it that one would also be deemed responsible for the failure,with great power comes great responsibility fair is fair at the end of the day and we should all treat people like how we wish to be treated,manners & consideration cost nothing in my book but perhaps others would disagree with my outlook xxx"

Cool, nominate you to create next 180+ ball, certainly read like your clued up.

By *unybunyWoman  over a year ago

Living in a Scottish office somewhere

I really dont see what the problem is here. I saw plenty of posts from the organisers, they spoke to people too. Maybe some people missed these but there was plenty before they left which was due to all the crap thats happened because someone lower than a snakes ass decided to play stupid games and send the whole thing bahoobies up!! hope he, oops i mean they can sleep at night!! maybe everyone should ask the one who decided to saboutage the ball to refund the actual cost everyone was out... oh and by the way karma is a bitch!!

"... oh and by the way karma is a bitch!!"

And all these years I thought it was a chameleon

By *unybunyWoman  over a year ago

Living in a Scottish office somewhere

"... oh and by the way karma is a bitch!!

And all these years I thought it was a chameleon "

edinburgh

Sure and I'll ensure that im transparent with the venue so as to avoid any last minute possibility of anyone sabotaging the event,what's it they say? Prevention is better than cure? All im saying is that certain aspects couldve been better handled,whatever happened to freedom of speech?fairs fair a the end of the day

edinburgh

Lol you love it darling

personally i think the "person or persons" responsible for fucking the ball had a gripe with the organisers re something- and nothing that has happened since has made me change my opinion.

Ill get shot down for my _iews but tbh i dont give a shit.

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

"personally i think the "person or persons" responsible for fucking the ball had a gripe with the organisers re something- and nothing that has happened since has made me change my opinion.

Ill get shot down for my _iews but tbh i dont give a shit."

Glasvegas

I was there!

Could have turned a good night into a great night "

Glasvegas

"I really dont see what the problem is here. I saw plenty of posts from the organisers, they spoke to people too. Maybe some people missed these but there was plenty before they left which was due to all the crap thats happened"

That's exactly what I said Huny, you don't see what the problem is because you the organisers had contacted you and you had seen posts on here, and knew they were deleting their account.

What if you hadn't been contacted by them (like me) and hadn't seen any posts from them (like me) and didn't know they were deleting their account (like me) and hadn't received a reply to emails sent on FAB and through PayPal (like me). Maybe then you'd feel (like me), and maybe then you'd "see what the problem is here".

As previously mentioned, I don't have the time to trawl through every thread on here, and read every post in every thread just to keep up to date with what's happening in FAB in Scotland. I also wasn't aware that it was acceptable etiquette to drop a post in an unrelated thread and claim it to be public knowledge, that's the kind of things the Government does with bad news!

At no point have I slagged or berated S and J, I certainly criticized how they handled the refund issue by saying it could have been handled better. Criticism is healthy, it's one of the best ways we develop as a person.

"Sure and I'll ensure that im transparent with the venue so as to avoid any last minute possibility of anyone sabotaging the event,what's it they say? Prevention is better than cure? All im saying is that certain aspects couldve been better handled,whatever happened to freedom of speech?fairs fair a the end of the day "

We all now are, wise after the event certainly, organisers did a fantastic job of trying to not have it spoilt, but still, idiot element ruined it, it is that simple, now look where we are at because of that alone!

Glasvegas

It would appear now that the deposit for the hotel is lost. I was led to understand that the Hotel cancelled the event. It now transpires that the event was cancelled by S and J, hence why the hotel has retained the deposit.

This shed's a whole different light on things.

"It would appear now that the deposit for the hotel is lost. I was led to understand that the Hotel cancelled the event. It now transpires that the event was cancelled by S and J, hence why the hotel has retained the deposit.

This shed's a whole different light on things."

Majority understand the circs.

It seems chilax is trying to stir something in both forums. Please read the forums properly and your email that was sent to you. It states very clearly what happened.

I offered to paste it on here for you then everyone will see what you got sent!

Which should stop you hijacking the forums rather than let people get in touch if they havent received a refund.

Glasvegas

Calm down G, I'm not stirring anything up, nor am I hijacking any forum.

I created an original thread about refunds, then you created another thread on the same topic.

On the Thursday night before the night of the Ball, an email was sent on FAB to all that were going from SandJ saying that the hotel had cancelled the booking.

I thought it strange for the hotel to cancel the booking AND keep the deposit. For reasons previously mentioned, I and others had not been informed of the opportunity to have monies refunded, hence why I created the original post. And even if you try to search forums for any mention of refunds you won't find any as they were all removed under instruction from SandJ.

It now transpires that the hotel did NOT cancel the ball, this was a decision taken by SandJ. I was simply pointing out that the deposit could in fact not now be claimed as would have been the case had the hotel cancelled the ball as we had been informed by SandJ.

The double post was because you created a thread on the same topic as the one I created. Had you posted in the original thread an not created a new thread then a double post would not have been necessary.

This I know is standard practice and accepted etiquette on a BBS (which the forum is).

No stirring intended, or hijacking involved.

really not seeing what the problem was/is

There were loads of threads going on about refunds and the ball being cancelled. There was also a lot of chat in the chatroom as well.

They didnt just dissappear they stated they were leaving which gave people the oppurutnity to contact. they then asked another site member to be the point of contact for refunds after they left.

what more can you ask people to do? if you dont keep upto date with forums after a large scale event was cancelled, then really, in my opinion, thats your own fault.

first thing we did was keep an eye on the forum to see what was going to happen next, which i think most people did as well.

in my honest opinion, SandJ made the right call in cancelling the ball. some people on here are associated and/or work in organisations that are not compatible with this lifestyle. if the ball had gone ahead then the risk of 'outing' people is increased. they managed this risk by cancelling it and not allowing the people attending be put in a questionable position where they need to explain themselves to others. even though it was only a social. we only have to look at the unfortunate circumstances that the police man is in.

they made the right call and are now dealing with the hard situation of attempting to refund a lot of people.

let them deal with it and move on.

"really not seeing what the problem was/is

There were loads of threads going on about refunds and the ball being cancelled. There was also a lot of chat in the chatroom as well.

They didnt just dissappear they stated they were leaving which gave people the oppurutnity to contact. they then asked another site member to be the point of contact for refunds after they left.

what more can you ask people to do? if you dont keep upto date with forums after a large scale event was cancelled, then really, in my opinion, thats your own fault.

first thing we did was keep an eye on the forum to see what was going to happen next, which i think most people did as well.

in my honest opinion, SandJ made the right call in cancelling the ball. some people on here are associated and/or work in organisations that are not compatible with this lifestyle. if the ball had gone ahead then the risk of 'outing' people is increased. they managed this risk by cancelling it and not allowing the people attending be put in a questionable position where they need to explain themselves to others. even though it was only a social. we only have to look at the unfortunate circumstances that the police man is in.

they made the right call and are now dealing with the hard situation of attempting to refund a lot of people.

"

Agreed, there is so much work involved in arranging socials and pulling them off without saboteurs and nay-sayers putting their oar in and decrying the organisers when things don't go as planned.

A whole year - in the organising and anticipation for those attending - spoiled with just one stupid stupid e-mail sent to the venue.

It would have been disastrous for so many to turn up there and be photographed and featured in the tabloids, which I'm sure was the original intention of the saboteur.

If I recall the details of the email sent to everyone explaining the reason for going ahead with the cancellation, was the venue had asked them to confirm or not if it was indeed 'swingers' attending the ball.

I think if they had confirmed and said yep so what? there would be a hell of a lot more faces in the paper than the one policeman.

Fed the story no doubt from the couple involved in his downfall or indeed from the hotel staff themselves, as one of the articles in the paper claimed.

"really not seeing what the problem was/is

"

Glasvegas

"really not seeing what the problem was/is, if you dont keep upto date with forums after a large scale event was cancelled, then really, in my opinion, thats your own fault."

OKAY, it's my fault then for not constantly checking FAB forums. I don't have the luxury of time to do that, so maybe it's not for me.

This is just a "hobby" for me, for some on here it may be a lifestyle, and their world revolves around FAB and the forums. I'm not one of those people, so please forgive me, FAB is just a tiny subset of my social circles.

At no point have I ever bad mouthed SandJ, in fact I acknowledged that to even put on a large scale event was noteworthy. I hadn't seen any post before they were deleted, I hadn't been contacted by anyone who was appointed as a contact, I emailed SandJ on FAB and PayPal and hadn't received a reply before they deleted their account.

I was informed that the hotel cancelled the event hence why I was questioning why the deposit was lost.

I must be the only one in this situation, and therefore it's all my "own fault".

Forum Mod

O o O oo

From a mods _iew of what is being said on the forum and not because I need a refund.

I think a lot need to look at this objectively rather than because you are friends and not have a pop at someone who was asking a valid question.

NO ONE has bad mouthed anyone so I am not sure why you are all getting on the defensive.

You have to remember lots of people won't know the couple personally so they are only going on what they can see ( or not as the threads were taken off )

Give the man a break.

"From a mods _iew of what is being said on the forum and not because I need a refund.

I think a lot need to look at this objectively rather than because you are friends and not have a pop at someone who was asking a valid question.

NO ONE has bad mouthed anyone so I am not sure why you are all getting on the defensive.

You have to remember lots of people won't know the couple personally so they are only going on what they can see ( or not as the threads were taken off )

Give the man a break."

Quite agree, give him a break , he's only asked a question I'm sure more people had same idea,

Scotland - Aberdeen

Just to clarify, due to people doubting their honesty, a refund is being given to all, whether they requested it to be given to charity or not!

I have just received my notification even though I said to give mine to charity, so I hope this clears up the situation x

"Just to clarify, due to people doubting their honesty, a refund is being given to all, whether they requested it to be given to charity or not!

I have just received my notification even though I said to give mine to charity, so I hope this clears up the situation x"

the op has been on the site for over a year, so im guessing must have knew the organisers of the ball as they where popular and 2 of the most GENUINE people here, and to suggest they are dishonest or up to no good is shocking. they may not have refunded peoples deposits quick enough for some, and perhaps never answered the mails and messages in a reasonable time according to you but has it even crossed your minds that they are taking time out due to all the grief!!! you dont know whats happening in the back ground as neither do we. but all i know is that this pair only ever done good for the people here and i find people who are suggesting otherwise should maybe stop and think for a moment!!!! they have tried to make refunds etc and i think people should be praising the pair for the efforts they made for people who couldnt be arsed to do anything other than turn up and have a great time handed on a plate,,,,just saying

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Just to clarify, due to people doubting their honesty, a refund is being given to all, whether they requested it to be given to charity or not!

I have just received my notification even though I said to give mine to charity, so I hope this clears up the situation x

the op has been on the site for over a year, so im guessing must have knew the organisers of the ball as they where popular and 2 of the most GENUINE people here, and to suggest they are dishonest or up to no good is shocking. they may not have refunded peoples deposits quick enough for some, and perhaps never answered the mails and messages in a reasonable time according to you but has it even crossed your minds that they are taking time out due to all the grief!!! you dont know whats happening in the back ground as neither do we. but all i know is that this pair only ever done good for the people here and i find people who are suggesting otherwise should maybe stop and think for a moment!!!! they have tried to make refunds etc and i think people should be praising the pair for the efforts they made for people who couldnt be arsed to do anything other than turn up and have a great time handed on a plate,,,,just saying"

Whoa! Steady cowboy! Don't piggy back that on to my message!

I was friendly with J&S and had previously said to give mine to charity! I only said what they said to me in response to telling them to give mine to charity!

I have never once insinuated there was anything dodgy going on, and I had hoped my message was clear enough to let everyone know what was going on!

Sheesh, next time I'll just keep my bloody mouth shut!

foxy,,sorry,,my wee bit was agreeing with you, i was relating to the op!!! sorry if caused confusion x

the op has been on the site for over a year, so im guessing must have knew the organisers of the ball as they where popular and 2 of the most GENUINE people here, and to suggest they are dishonest or up to no good is shocking. they may not have refunded peoples deposits quick enough for some, and perhaps never answered the mails and messages in a reasonable time according to you but has it even crossed your minds that they are taking time out due to all the grief!!! you dont know whats happening in the back ground as neither do we. but all i know is that this pair only ever done good for the people here and i find people who are suggesting otherwise should maybe stop and think for a moment!!!! they have tried to make refunds etc and i think people should be praising the pair for the efforts they made for people who couldnt be arsed to do anything other than turn up and have a great time handed on a plate,,,,just saying"

edinburgh

When I first ventured to partake in the ball one of my main concerns was wether or not it was possible for the ball to be cancelled last minute as I had heard stories of previous such skullduggery & I put my thoughts to the organisers,I don't think they appreciated my question if im honest & that's possibly why they were somewhat awkward with me after that despite the fact I had a good number of my fab friends sign up to the ball as we were all hoping that it would indeed be a grand affair,I was never concerned about the entry fee as such though by all rights it should be refunded and I would never discount the fact that arranging such a big event wouldnt come without its pitfalls but that's the price one pays for stepping up to the mark & taking on the responsibility,I do feel sorry for them that it didn't work out as much as I feel for all the good people including myself who forked out a small fortune for the night but I have only. witnessed people defending them as opposed

edinburgh

Well said,good on ya! x

"When I first ventured to partake in the ball one of my main concerns was wether or not it was possible for the ball to be cancelled last minute as I had heard stories of previous such skullduggery & I put my thoughts to the organisers,I don't think they appreciated my question if im honest & that's possibly why they were somewhat awkward with me after that despite the fact I had a good number of my fab friends sign up to the ball as we were all hoping that it would indeed be a grand affair,I was never concerned about the entry fee as such though by all rights it should be refunded and I would never discount the fact that arranging such a big event wouldnt come without its pitfalls but that's the price one pays for stepping up to the mark & taking on the responsibility,I do feel sorry for them that it didn't work out as much as I feel for all the good people including myself who forked out a small fortune for the night but I have only. witnessed people defending them as opposed "

???...i'm sorry ..you had a concern that the ball could be cancelled at last minute ?? there something we dont know about you ?? do you have crystal balls ???

i've been a member of fab on and off for several years and only once heard of night being cancelled due to sabotage and once few years back when a member done a bunk with money...but i was at the ball last year that went without a hitch and knew the organisers well enough to make my own judgmnent that they are honest decent ppl ....so ..do tell please ...what was it that made you think that there would be a last minute cancellation ...as to my mind the only person who knew it would be cancelled at such short a time is the dirty cowardly scrotum of a snake that fucked it up for all of us !!!...so please do tell ..why did YOU think it may be cancelled ??

"When I first ventured to partake in the ball one of my main concerns was wether or not it was possible for the ball to be cancelled last minute as I had heard stories of previous such skullduggery & I put my thoughts to the organisers,I don't think they appreciated my question if im honest & that's possibly why they were somewhat awkward with me after that despite the fact I had a good number of my fab friends sign up to the ball as we were all hoping that it would indeed be a grand affair,I was never concerned about the entry fee as such though by all rights it should be refunded and I would never discount the fact that arranging such a big event wouldnt come without its pitfalls but that's the price one pays for stepping up to the mark & taking on the responsibility,I do feel sorry for them that it didn't work out as much as I feel for all the good people including myself who forked out a small fortune for the night but I have only. witnessed people defending them as opposed

???...i'm sorry ..you had a concern that the ball could be cancelled at last minute ?? there something we dont know about you ?? do you have crystal balls ???

i've been a member of fab on and off for several years and only once heard of night being cancelled due to sabotage and once few years back when a member done a bunk with money...but i was at the ball last year that went without a hitch and knew the organisers well enough to make my own judgmnent that they are honest decent ppl ....so ..do tell please ...what was it that made you think that there would be a last minute cancellation ...as to my mind the only person who knew it would be cancelled at such short a time is the dirty cowardly scrotum of a snake that fucked it up for all of us !!!...so please do tell ..why did YOU think it may be cancelled ??"

Am I missing something here?.....is all this over someone wanting 12 quid back...sheesh!

Give me your address and I'll send you a cheque myself if it's such a big deal for you!

"When I first ventured to partake in the ball one of my main concerns was wether or not it was possible for the ball to be cancelled last minute as I had heard stories of previous such skullduggery & I put my thoughts to the organisers,I don't think they appreciated my question if im honest & that's possibly why they were somewhat awkward with me after that despite the fact I had a good number of my fab friends sign up to the ball as we were all hoping that it would indeed be a grand affair,I was never concerned about the entry fee as such though by all rights it should be refunded and I would never discount the fact that arranging such a big event wouldnt come without its pitfalls but that's the price one pays for stepping up to the mark & taking on the responsibility,I do feel sorry for them that it didn't work out as much as I feel for all the good people including myself who forked out a small fortune for the night but I have only. witnessed people defending them as opposed

i've been a member of fab on and off for several years and only once heard of night being cancelled due to sabotage and once few years back when a member done a bunk with money...but i was at the ball last year that went without a hitch and knew the organisers well enough to make my own judgmnent that they are honest decent ppl ....so ..do tell please ...what was it that made you think that there would be a last minute cancellation ...as to my mind the only person who knew it would be cancelled at such short a time is the dirty cowardly scrotum of a snake that fucked it up for all of us !!!...so please do tell ..why did YOU think it may be cancelled ??"

I say the same Puck, I have been to countless socials all without a hitch, except the one who DID run off with the money, never got to that one. BUT... and a big but ..... G&L organised another along with J&S in about 24 hours so people were not disappointed and it WASN'T even their social to start with.

They just stepped up to the mark the four of them.

Last years ball organised by J&S was flawless in every way.

Never thought to ask upfront before any social ...... you think it's going to be cancelled? wtf?

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

the OP did accept the answer that was given in the 9th post down..

it was in answer to Rugby's comment then did it lead onto the organisers and the organisation of the event.

Rugby was answering Miss B, I think.

From then people defended.

the original post will be read many different ways, some may think it infers something iffy, others not.... we all know it is down to interpretation.

lessons learnt all round I am sure

By *lue4youCouple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

When I first ventured to partake in the ball one of my main concerns was wether or not it was possible for the ball to be cancelled last minute

...So said the Captain of the Titanic? Me thinks some do protest tooo much

The more this keeps going the more likely quotes will be used.

Blame who you like ... Jands , us gandl..the guy that sent the email to the hotel, who several of us have a good idea who it was ...but, at the end of the day whats done is done.Everyone apart from the journos have lost money..not just £12, hotel, gowns , suits ... its all been said before!

Could i kindly ask for this thread to finish? Your refunds i have been assured will clear within around 5 days.

All of the people involved have only tried there best,in my opinion you cant do more than your best.

Everyone has an opinion on this but only a few know the facts. Lets draw a line under it please.

ps we werent even going to the ball, just tried to help salvage something!

G

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"the OP did accept the answer that was given in the 9th post down..

it was in answer to Rugby's comment then did it lead onto the organisers and the organisation of the event.

"

Just to make that clear.....I didn't mention the organisation of the event itself. It wasn't me who started that discussion.

I did however comment on the OP post.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"the OP did accept the answer that was given in the 9th post down..

Just to make that clear.....I didn't mention the organisation of the event itself. It wasn't me who started that discussion.

I did however comment on the OP post.

"

in was in reply to yours, not led by you. It was the OP

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it*

Forum Mod

O o O oo