FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Alex Salmond 2

Alex Salmond 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When Scotland gets independence will England, Wales and Northern Ireland have to re-apply for membership of NATO it is Great Britain who is a member will the rest still be called Great Britain ?????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

Alex Salmond

is a KNOB

that is all

just incase anyone missed it on the first thread

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As the three countries would still be the UK i dont think they will.

As an independant country we wont have much of an armed service due to the cost.

If anyone from scotland wants a career in the forces they will go to the UK force in the same way at present the UK attacts men and women from the other poor parts of the commenwealth.

This is King Salmond's future for us !!!

By *aughty.naughty deviantsCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

What he could do is introduce national service,for those who are unemployed and don't want a job, save them sponging off the state.XxCxX

By *addie bunnetMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Total crap

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"When Scotland gets independence will England, Wales and Northern Ireland have to re-apply for membership of NATO it is Great Britain who is a member will the rest still be called Great Britain ?????

"

Nobody knows. Politicians of all complexion will argue yes or no as suits their ambitions but nobody genuinely knows and any decision, in the unlikely ever separation ever happen, will be made by other nations.

We, Scotland, can apply for membership all we like but there are no guarantees. You'd have to ask yourself why NATO and/ or the EU would even be interested in having Scotland as a member. What could/ would we bring to the party?

We don't want to play by NATO rules. We don't want to use the EU currency. Why should they bother?

Glasgow

"What he could do is introduce national service,for those who are unemployed and don't want a job, save them sponging off the state.XxCxX"

What would we do with these 'conscripts?

If Eck has his way Scotland will have one regiment, two aircraft and a fisheries protection vessel. NO exactly a huge demand for manpower.

Far more likely is an extension of MacAskill's Community Payback scheme. Why limit it to criminals?

"What he could do is introduce national service,for those who are unemployed and don't want a job, save them sponging off the state.XxCxX

If Eck has his way Scotland will have one regiment, two aircraft and a fisheries protection vessel. NO exactly a huge demand for manpower.

Far more likely is an extension of MacAskill's Community Payback scheme. Why limit it to criminals?"

"What he could do is introduce national service,for those who are unemployed and don't want a job, save them sponging off the state.XxCxX

Far more likely is an extension of MacAskill's Community Payback scheme. Why limit it to criminals?"

and you know this how?.....basically thats your vision

Independance = uninformed voters... thats my opinion, figures dont add up, currency doesnt add up, security doesnt add up !

when scotland gets independence??

who says WE all want it? some are happy the way things are ,

but what happens if wee alex does not get what he wants? will he step down? or just insist we are wrong and only he is right ?

I am certain not only he but his party would have to step down. His whole agenda was Independance.. if that fails his party needs to let someone else in.

Glasgow

That's when the fun starts. John Mason has already said he'll seek to hold a referendum day after day 'till the Scots get the answer right'.

Glasgow

"I am certain not only he but his party would have to step down. His whole agenda was Independance.. if that fails his party needs to let someone else in.

"

The men in grey kilts will come for him and he'll be expected to fall on his own sgian dhu.

I hope they use recyclable paper for these non stop referendums...

By *bboredguyMan  over a year ago

Dundee

"Alex Salmond

is a KNOB

that is all

just incase anyone missed it on the first thread "

It's been said...use ur vote folks cos the retards will vote in their thousands

pmsl at retards.. agree lol

"It's been said...use ur vote folks cos the retards will vote in their thousands

"

Only an idiot would call everyone with a differing opinon to theirs a retard.

Seems we have more than one on this thread (idiots that is).

i agree he is a knob...a very dangerous knob who will bankrupt our wee country and make us the laughing stock of the world

I think we are going to be ok, reading both the threads there are only a couple of people wanting independance knottys and deep, phew thank goodness lol

You can phew 'til your heart's content mr gandl.

I wouldn't take the opinions posted on here as a good cross section of voters judging by the "I won't vote for independance because he's a knob" comments.

They sort of people tend not to vote or, if they do, they'll vote whichever way the redtop they read tells them.

Lets wait 'til polling day and see what the people of Scotland decide.

Stirling

I for one am all for Independence, however not under SNP.

If we were an independent country we could potentially be the 6th richest country in the world..Reason being. that we give London roughly £12.9 billion from Scottish oil and gas each year which equated to each person in Scotland giving London £2300 per year.

We are currently giving London £225 billion over the next 10 years or so if we stay under a UK government. Scottish oil industry has been doing test drills and have several areas that could produce £100 billion barrels per oil field...These however remained untapped at the moment due to the fact we would have to give London our revenue, however becoming independent would lead Scotland revenue of £1.2 trillion over the next 30 years. It is estimated that we have enough oil to last at least 100 years from new test sites alone, and currently drilling new test sites all the time.

XxCxX

"I for one am all for Independence, however not under SNP.

"

Who then?

Labour and the tories would have us back in the union and both of those parties have shown they can't run a raffle.

I will not vote for independace as i see to many dangers.I do support the right of people to vote SNP.I work with an English guy who votes SNP for the free prescriptions and education bit but he will not vote to live in a foriegn country.

One of the other posters pointed out that we should not be responcible for our share of the debt as we had taken on some of Englands at the time of the treaty.The reason that we joined England was that the whole of Scotland was bancrupted by the Darien Expidition.

Scotland sunk the nations wealth into trying to establish a tranding colony in what is now Panama.We tried to sell natives of south America t hats amonst other things.The natives The Spanish and disease saw the whole thing collapse. So I am dont want to go cap in hand to England or Europe with the begging bowl if everything goes wrong in the future.The UK is in a state but not as bad as many European countries.Part of the UK's problems are from the amount of money we had to borrow to cover the banks,Alex Salmond's answer to the ills of Scotland....BORROW MORE MONEY !!!!

Stirling

Who then?

Labour and the tories would have us back in the union and both of those parties have shown they can't run a raffle."

You can't trust what comes out of Alex Salmond's mouth, i like SNP and what they stand for. My old English teacher Dame Ann Begg is in house of commons for Labour, and believes Scotland should be independent.

If we were an independent country we could potentially be the 6th richest country in the world..Reason being. that we give London roughly £12.9 billion from Scottish oil and gas each year which equated to each person in Scotland giving London £2300 per year.

We are currently giving London £225 billion over the next 10 years or so if we stay under a UK government. Scottish oil industry has been doing test drills and have several areas that could produce £100 billion barrels per oil field...These however remained untapped at the moment due to the fact we would have to give London our revenue, however becoming independent would lead Scotland revenue of £1.2 trillion over the next 30 years. It is estimated that we have enough oil to last at least 100 years from new test sites alone, and currently drilling new test sites all the time.

XxCxX"

Dubious about tiny Scotland suddenly leapfrogging some of the biggest countries/economies in the world to 6th place.

Don't make too many plans for the oil/gas revenues. As Scotland will be in the EU Brussels has a nasty tendency of grabbing big natural resources to share around (like fishing rights in our waters) through the introduction of 'common policies' which take from the better off nations to give to the poorer EU members.

Stirling

XxCxX

Dubious about tiny Scotland suddenly leapfrogging some of the biggest countries/economies in the world to 6th place.

Don't make too many plans for the oil/gas revenues. As Scotland will be in the EU Brussels has a nasty tendency of grabbing big natural resources to share around (like fishing rights in our waters) through the introduction of 'common policies' which take from the better off nations to give to the poorer EU members. "

I have looked into it in great length and these figures are correct.

"You can't trust what comes out of Alex Salmond's mouth, i like SNP and what they stand for. My old English teacher Dame Ann Begg is in house of commons for Labour, and believes Scotland should be independent."

But you're not voting for Alex Salmond.

What a labour dame thinks is irrelevant really.

"I work with an English guy who votes SNP for the free prescriptions and education bit but he will not vote to live in a foriegn country."

If he's not resident here then he won't get to vote.

If he is resident then he'll be voting to live in Scotland, not a foriegn country.

shhhhh....dont tell the yanks we have oil....or well be invaded by more of these awful ddonald trump style dictators...

"Alex Salmond's answer to the ills of Scotland....BORROW MORE MONEY !!!!"

I suppose he could just print more and call it quantative easing or something like that.

I'm surprised someone hasn't tried that already.

Oh, hang on a minute............

Stirling

"I work with an English guy who votes SNP for the free prescriptions and education bit but he will not vote to live in a foriegn country.

If he's not resident here then he won't get to vote.

If he is resident then he'll be voting to live in Scotland, not a foriegn country."

I beg to differ on that one, your quote stated

"Labour and the tories would have us back in the union and both of those parties have shown they can't run a raffle."
I was mealry stating that you are not correct in your thinking. As she thinks Scotland should be an independent country. You are correct i'm not voting for Alex Salmond alone.

By *eefdoddusCouple  over a year ago

Scottish Borders

A vote for independance isn't a vote for Alex Salmond...! When we become independant it's for life not just until Salmonds career ends. He will disappear the same as Thatcher and Blair did and someone else will take his place. The choice is should we be able to move and shake on the world stage in our own right. The decision is simply do you think we should be fighting our own battles or hoping someone else will do it for us.

I'm not convinced any government in London has Scotland foremost in it's thoughts.

"I'm not convinced any government in London has Scotland foremost in it's thoughts. "

lol, now there's an understatement.

glasgow

Some of you's want to get properly informed of what's going on in Scotland not the crap you's read in the daily record look at the mess we are in with new labour government need someone to blame like bankers benifets people scotlands not a poor country but it's wealth is being spent south of the border what did this new rail line from London to Manchester bring to Scotland nothing but it's cost over £500 to every man woman and child in Scotland same with the oylimpics rember what happened here the last time we vote for this it was a yes vote but they put in at the last minute anyone who didn't vote was counted as a no vote thatcher then raped the country of it's industry they have said they would have got rid of a other Scottish regiment but didn't want to play into the hands of s.n.p so you know what's coming after the vote it's only because of the s.n.p that they have not started the rape of the country just now

The UK has a complicated and fascinating history. It consists today of 4 nations with nationalism stronger in some than in others Polls indicate the majority of English people now want to see Scotland leave the Union, with that majority growing. Not so surprising when the Scottish independence movement is, despite protests otherwise, tinged with puerile anti-English sentiments (how put upon are we poor Scots and always have been). If independence should come about I cannot but think racism, chauvinism and separatism will inevitably increase on these very small islands we share and have done for many centuries.

Charles de Gaulle said, “Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first”, which has a lot of truth it when considered carefully

Glasgow

" ..........,Alex Salmond's answer to the ills of Scotland....BORROW MORE MONEY !!!!"

Not quite correct. 'Borrow' implies an intention to repay.

Salmond is demanding he be given money.

" ..........,Alex Salmond's answer to the ills of Scotland....BORROW MORE MONEY !!!!

Salmond is demanding he be given money."

he will sell us out to the yanks or the chinese and let them walk all over us...better the devil you know...i say..

glasgow

It's all about who controls the cash just look at the money Westminster lifted out of the north atlantic trust fund last year £250 billions and you'd say we can't keep our selfs we only need half of that we are a wealthy country folks that's being treated as the poor cousins it's nothing to do with not liking England it's who cotrols the CASH

glasgow

Wake up mate we have been sold out long ago you forgot to mention Indian too lol

"Wake up mate we have been sold out long ago you forgot to mention Indian too lol"

ohh yeah...god there will be a bidding war for us...

Glasgow

" ..........,Alex Salmond's answer to the ills of Scotland....BORROW MORE MONEY !!!!

Salmond is demanding he be given money.

he will sell us out to the yanks or the chinese and let them walk all over us...better the devil you know...i say.."

He already has.

Who can forget Salmond kowtowing to Trump over the golf course?

The steel for the new Forth Bridge has come from China.

Glasgow

"It's all about who controls the cash just look at the money Westminster lifted out of the north atlantic trust fund last year £250 billions and you'd say we can't keep our selfs we only need half of that we are a wealthy country folks that's being treated as the poor cousins it's nothing to do with not liking England it's who cotrols the CASH"

What's this "north atlantic trust fund" you mention?

I've never heard of it, nor has Google.

glasgow

Well one things for sure NATO will be trying to get us in very quick as there nuclear war heads along with westminsters are all stored in Glen Douglas

Glasgow

Salmond's stated aim is to get rid of all nuclear weapons from Scottish soil.

Without them NATO will have no interest in nor use for Scotland. We bring nothing to the party.

glasgow

And where in Scotland was he going to get the steel we don't make steel in Scotland now lol

glasgow

So what is Norway bring to the party right now we have norways air force defending our air space Dutch navy defending our seas look at France they have 80.0000 german troops grading there Borders it's all scaremongering

glasgow

It's time to stop being thatchers children where the ethos was creed is good think of what your leaving ur kids the chairman of the bank of England has warned that it's going to get worse over the next 25 years now it docent have to be that way

"it's all scaremongering "

It is indeed, and it's only going to get worse in the run up to the vote.

The press and media are at it already

Salmond will be portrayed as a child eating, sheep shagging devil, the snp will be blamed for the ruin of the uk, the bad weather and the shooting of JFK whilst saint david of cameron will get his halo shone at every turn.

By *lond and BaldCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

i hate the wee ball faced fuck .always looking for publicity .

noo he has ballsed up the legal process of independence vote .he is nae so fuckin cocky noo .

us as tax payers pay for his trips all oor the world he really fucks me off as does the snp .

two wee points fucking wind farms and the glasgow airport rail link .

i wood love to kick him in the baniff and buchans

Fuck the lot of them lets all go get pished, we will have a better time

"It's been said...use ur vote folks cos the retards will vote in their thousands

Seems we have more than one on this thread (idiots that is)."

well

said .

With the way its going just now the con/dems are trying to run us into the ground and make us a 3rd world country,i will be voting for independence and if we make an arse of it at least we would have failed by decisions we made ourselfs and not forced on us by millionares who have never done an honest or hard days work in their lives.also

If we are such a burden to the uk goverment why are they doing everything in their powers to make us stay part of the union ?.

glasgow

That guy that said get on your bike for a job from thatchers government says England can't live without Scotland but Scotland can without England tells me plenty

Glasgow

As does the fact the pro-separatists are reduced to quoting Norman Tebbit.

[Removed by poster at 03/11/12 23:54:34]

By *andS_GlasgowCouple  over a year ago

Giffnock

spot on

we are undecided so hate to hear both sides saying its happening

let the people decide !

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

I wish they would let the English vote on Scotland's independance.

"I wish they would let the English vote on Scotland's independance."

Why on earth should England get to vote on our independance?

We can make up our own minds without the help of the people over the border thank you very much!!!

Glasgow

"I wish they would let the English vote on Scotland's independance.

Why on earth should England get to vote on our independance?

We can make up our own minds without the help of the people over the border thank you very much!!!"

So why is Salmond so keen everyone hears that well known tax exile Sean Connery's views on the matter?

This is someone who loves Scotland so much he can't bear to live here.

Glasgow

"Alex Salmond is challenged to provide details of 'mystery' Ryder Cup spending after an investigation discloses new details of why a trip to Chicago cost £468,580.

Alex Salmond is under pressure to account for a “mystery” £54,000 spent during his delegation’s visit to the Ryder Cup in Chicago after an investigation into how it racked up a bill of nearly half a million pounds.

A newspaper has disclosed details of how more than £414,000 of taxpayers’ money was spent on the week-long trip to the golf tournament in the US, including £80,000 on food and drink.

But the Scottish Government has so far refused to disclose how the remainder of the £468,580 total was spent, including the cost of Mr and Mrs Salmond’s stay in a five-star hotel away from the rest of the ‘Team Scotland’ delegation."

On the day Eck's been getting his photo taken at a food bank too!

There is loads a people on this forum saying 'Alex Salmonds a dick therefore i cant vote independence!', these people have to realise that in the referendum long term you are not voting for mr salmind you are voting for an independent country which will live on and prosper long afterSalmond and indeed ourselves, we will give the next generation opportunity, so lose the small-mindedness about salmond, at the end of the day he wont be here much longer, open your minds!!!

By *ky HookMan  over a year ago

Dundee

"A vote for independance isn't a vote for Alex Salmond...! When we become independant it's for life not just until Salmonds career ends. He will disappear the same as Thatcher and Blair did and someone else will take his place. The choice is should we be able to move and shake on the world stage in our own right. The decision is simply do you think we should be fighting our own battles or hoping someone else will do it for us.

I'm not convinced any government in London has Scotland foremost in it's thoughts.

"

Seems we have more than one on this thread (idiots that is)."

Wee Eck is not my cup o tea and wont be getting my vote but he is an intelligent man and decent politician ; just feel he will be heading to.retirement after the vote.

Glasgow

Seems we have more than one on this thread (idiots that is).

Wee Eck is not my cup o tea and wont be getting my vote but he is an intelligent man and decent politician ; just feel he will be heading to.retirement after the vote."

All the more reason to point out his shortcomings whilst he's here.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"When Scotland gets independence will England, Wales and Northern Ireland have to re-apply for membership of NATO it is Great Britain who is a member will the rest still be called Great Britain ?????

"

Yes they will be still GB...and No they wont have to re-apply.. GB is still a fully paid up member. Scotland is looking to leave the union and go its own way.

» Add a new message to this topic