FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > 25th

25th

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iltycouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Greenock

See a few folk making arrangements for the 25th. Remember as things stand there is a rail strike that day.

We are going to Doctor Hook at Kelvingrove and we were hoping to maybe go to CJs or arrange a meet after but hotel prices are through the roof!!

Just a wee heads up in case folk hadn't realised.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Aye

Taking car I recken, hotels prices are silly

Greenock

"Aye

Taking car I recken, hotels prices are silly "

So is sobriety though!!

Got to stage that car is only option for me to any sort of event as last train 8pm. I won't pretend to know enough to say who is in right or wrong but hope to god these strikes get sorted soon. Night time economy in particular will be getting hit hard.

By *ueen CatWoman  over a year ago

fife

Is it just Glasgow? I'm going to pride in Edinburgh that day

By *herriesandcreamCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Hey...We are also coming through 25th for a meet and Cjs. Luckily we booked early to stay over as the hotel we have has gone up by £100 for the same night and its not totally central. Hopefully catch up with you both x L

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

We were hoping to book a hotel but changed our mind when we saw the prices. Why are the prices so high that weekend?.

Nobody looking at travel lodge in the city centre? Prices are not too bad there x

By *eachyedinburghtgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I booked Holiday in a few weeks ago for 25 th for CJs it was normal price maybee things changed since rail strike.

By *irtycumboCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hey...We are also coming through 25th for a meet and Cjs. Luckily we booked early to stay over as the hotel we have has gone up by £100 for the same night and its not totally central. Hopefully catch up with you both x L"

It's ok everyone yous don't need a hotel.....hotel party back at cheeriesandcream (just don't tell them), everyone's invited

By *igsaw93Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is it just Glasgow? I'm going to pride in Edinburgh that day"

No, all trains across Scotland / UK are impacted. There are lists on the website of which restricted services they are running

Jigs x

By *ueen CatWoman  over a year ago

fife

"Is it just Glasgow? I'm going to pride in Edinburgh that day

No, all trains across Scotland / UK are impacted. There are lists on the website of which restricted services they are running

Jigs x "

Thanks il have to have a look

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

If you can't make it due to transport issues (or any other reason) we will take the Dr Hook tickets

John

Greenock

"If you can't make it due to transport issues (or any other reason) we will take the Dr Hook tickets

John "

Haha!! We've been wanting to see them at the Bandstand for years and circumstances keep getting in the way!! He was sick and cancelled, then there was a pandemic, then the rescheduled gig was rescheduled to the same night as another rescheduled gig...so we are deffo going!! Just might end up paying 50 quid for a taxi rather than 100 for a bed.

Greenock

[Removed by poster at 16/06/22 23:06:11]

Greenock

"Hey...We are also coming through 25th for a meet and Cjs. Luckily we booked early to stay over as the hotel we have has gone up by £100 for the same night and its not totally central. Hopefully catch up with you both x L

It's ok everyone yous don't need a hotel.....hotel party back at cheeriesandcream (just don't tell them), everyone's invited "

Priced up a 10 bed hostel room and was gonna see if 4 other couples fancied all going in together

And I'm only half joking!!

"Hey...We are also coming through 25th for a meet and Cjs. Luckily we booked early to stay over as the hotel we have has gone up by £100 for the same night and its not totally central. Hopefully catch up with you both x L

It's ok everyone yous don't need a hotel.....hotel party back at cheeriesandcream (just don't tell them), everyone's invited

Priced up a 10 bed hostel room and was gonna see if 4 other couples fancied all going in together

"

Done 6 of us in a hotel a few years back for pals 50th.

What a weekend that was, down from Glasgow, guys were amazed you could get tinnies b4 10am.

Was a liquid breakfast

Dundee

It's ok everyone yous don't need a hotel.....hotel party back at cheeriesandcream (just don't tell them), everyone's invited "

Bring your own pillows as the hotels never provide enough .... Will hire a mini bus back

By *rs Bi and Mr Her GuyCouple  over a year ago

Clydebank

"If you can't make it due to transport issues (or any other reason) we will take the Dr Hook tickets

John

Haha!! We've been wanting to see them at the Bandstand for years and circumstances keep getting in the way!! He was sick and cancelled, then there was a pandemic, then the rescheduled gig was rescheduled to the same night as another rescheduled gig...so we are deffo going!! Just might end up paying 50 quid for a taxi rather than 100 for a bed."

Love Dr hook! Was looking for the millionaire to sing at the last Glasgow social

John

Haha!! We've been wanting to see them at the Bandstand for years and circumstances keep getting in the way!! He was sick and cancelled, then there was a pandemic, then the rescheduled gig was rescheduled to the same night as another rescheduled gig...so we are deffo going!! Just might end up paying 50 quid for a taxi rather than 100 for a bed.

Love Dr hook! Was looking for the millionaire to sing at the last Glasgow social "

Have seen both versions of the band. I would love to belt out Everybody's Making it Big But Me.

By *rs Bi and Mr Her GuyCouple  over a year ago

Clydebank

John

Love Dr hook! Was looking for the millionaire to sing at the last Glasgow social

Have seen both versions of the band. I would love to belt out Everybody's Making it Big But Me."

Elton Johns got 2 fine ladies and Dr johns got 3! That didn’t age well

John

Have seen both versions of the band. I would love to belt out Everybody's Making it Big But Me.

Elton Johns got 2 fine ladies and Dr johns got 3! That didn’t age well "

True, though I just love the line All I've got is my Right Hand!

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

John

Love Dr hook! Was looking for the millionaire to sing at the last Glasgow social "

That's my favourite Dr hook song.

By *eestar38Couple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Am still not sure if we are going to go out on the 25th. Was thinking of booking cjs but might just go out for a meal and maybe a few drinks local seen as that's my birthday so not sure x

Glasgow

"

Now there's a couple with a proper plan, Get that sorted

Dundee

Now there's a couple with a proper plan, Get that sorted "

We should check and see if there are any airbnb apartments close by and people just bunce in to stay there.

Greenock

Now there's a couple with a proper plan, Get that sorted

We should check and see if there are any airbnb apartments close by and people just bunce in to stay there. "

Fabulous idea!

Just ordered costumes, should be a blast

Glasgow

"Just ordered costumes, should be a blast "

Same here...looking forward to it

Dundee