FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > fab etiquette-bad manners

fab etiquette-bad manners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *assyscot1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

South Lanarkshire

Is it bad etiquette not to send a face pic if someone asks for yours and doesnt send one back?

are good manners a bygone thing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

I just don’t send any full stop, and I never ask for them either if folk choose to send them or have them in their profile woohoo for them still not going to send them one.

I can imagine plenty enough people ask for them and then don’t fancy you so won’t bother returning the favour, know you so won’t return the favour, or we’re just pic collecting and never intended to send any, or send one back so I’d say 1in 4 if you’re lucky

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is it bad etiquette not to send a face pic if someone asks for yours and doesnt send one back?

are good manners a bygone thing?"

Borderline on your first question. If it’s clear you don’t fancy the face sent why prolong the chat?

No to the second question. There are many on here that display good manners. Plenty more that don’t. Same as in life I guess.

South Lanarkshire

"I just don’t send any full stop, and I never ask for them either if folk choose to send them or have them in their profile woohoo for them still not going to send them one.

I can imagine plenty enough people ask for them and then don’t fancy you so won’t bother returning the favour, know you so won’t return the favour, or we’re just pic collecting and never intended to send any, or send one back so I’d say 1in 4 if you’re lucky "

yeah I may need to stick to that too - been away for a while n forgot some do that

South Lanarkshire

"Is it bad etiquette not to send a face pic if someone asks for yours and doesnt send one back?

Borderline on your first question. If it’s clear you don’t fancy the face sent why prolong the chat?

No to the second question. There are many on here that display good manners. Plenty more that don’t. Same as in life I guess. "

still be good to see though as they might not have been your type either.

yeah this is very true ...just no need for bad manners we are all supposed to be adults ...I try to treat folk the way I want to be treated

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do not return a face pic if I’m not attracted. It’s not owed to them just because they sent one first. It’s just wasting their time and my time continuing to chat if there’s no attraction as there will be no meet.

Is it bad manners? Probably, but I also have abuse and insults sent to me daily on here and I quickly learnt that thick skin is needed for fab. I now choose wisely what gets my time and attention.

It’s not bad manners…it’s that person’s choice not to share and some folk on here forget that

Plus the fact of I did send a face pic I’d be inundated with stalkers ! I’m that gorgeous they would instantly be smitten

"Plus the fact of I did send a face pic I’d be inundated with stalkers ! I’m that gorgeous they would instantly be smitten "

I get the same thing, just from showing my arse.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I have face pics on my profile so I’d hope to get a face pic in return. Only problem is they send one that isn’t a clear face pic. Had one recently where it was completely different to his profile pic

If agreed to swap il send my 2nd no matter if I fancy them or not as think it's only fair..but..if they send a random face pic without agreeing to swap and I don't fancy them then no.i don't return 1.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Common courtesy to attach a mug shot if you're asking someone for theirs. If they don't they're most likely just pic collectors x

If we've agreed to swap then I always do regardless of whether I'm attracted, I'm not one for just stopping a conversation dead.

If they've sent one off their own back then it's a case of play it by ear.

By *eamworkboyMan  over a year ago

Irvine

It's bad manners I'd say or immature behaviour, even if there's no attraction then send it if you said your gonna send it, more people on here need to do what they say they are gonna do

By *cottish30Man  over a year ago

aberdeen

"If we've agreed to swap then I always do regardless of whether I'm attracted, I'm not one for just stopping a conversation dead.

If they've sent one off their own back then it's a case of play it by ear. "

Totally agree with this but most females don't send one back,always got to be the male that sends first then they just stop talking

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

"I do not return a face pic if I’m not attracted. It’s not owed to them just because they sent one first. It’s just wasting their time and my time continuing to chat if there’s no attraction as there will be no meet.

Is it bad manners? Probably, but I also have abuse and insults sent to me daily on here and I quickly learnt that thick skin is needed for fab. I now choose wisely what gets my time and attention. "

Very much this.

are good manners a bygone thing?"

Fab could introduce a way of uploading a face pic of both parties say to the cloud and only once both have uploaded their pic it will be released by fab, that way it's not a pic collector getting access to your face pic..

Glasgow

Fab could introduce a way of uploading a face pic of both parties say to the cloud and only once both have uploaded their pic it will be released by fab, that way it's not a pic collector getting access to your face pic.."

That’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

If I'm chatting to someone with a view to possibly meeting, I like faces to be swapped with minimum faff

By *omcupCouple  over a year ago

Alexandria

It depends, we only send them once we're comfortable and are certain things will progress to a meet

By *mglasMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Plus the fact of I did send a face pic I’d be inundated with stalkers ! I’m that gorgeous they would instantly be smitten "

Hahahaha. I know, hate it when that happens

I don't send one because I'm asked or told to. I send one because I want to.

By *randmrsG123Couple  over a year ago

Port Glasgow

"I don't send one because I'm asked or told to. I send one because I want to."

love this!!!! we usually strike up a convo and when comfortable fire over a pic of us both! if there isn’t an attraction we can still be friends and chat!

We are here to meet people in the lifestyle and get to know them - not just shag everyone we talk to haha

I send face pics in most of my messages because I believe this isn’t blind date and also cause don’t have any pics open for everyone to see.

I don’t believe it’s bad manners not to return one. If a couple opens my message and thinks f*ck that! Why would they even have to reply to the message let alone send a face pic, although a no thanks is sometimes appreciated.

Haha thinking about it why would you attach a face pic? No thanks but here’s what you could of had

By *esLibertinesCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow Edinburgh Leeds Manchester

"I send face pics in most of my messages because I believe this isn’t blind date and also cause don’t have any pics open for everyone to see.

I don’t believe it’s bad manners not to return one. If a couple opens my message and thinks f*ck that! Why would they even have to reply to the message let alone send a face pic, although a no thanks is sometimes appreciated.

Haha thinking about it why would you attach a face pic? No thanks but here’s what you could of had "

We totally avoid profiles with no public pics.

"I send face pics in most of my messages because I believe this isn’t blind date and also cause don’t have any pics open for everyone to see.

Haha thinking about it why would you attach a face pic? No thanks but here’s what you could of had

We totally avoid profiles with no public pics."

That’s cool, I just don’t trust social platforms like this to use indecent images against me. The same risk applies when sending a photo I understand but that’s why I only send messages to verified couples who have been on fab for longer than a few months. Each to their own I guess but I wouldn’t be meeting someone without a face pic but then don’t expect a face pic on the initial message.

Glasgow

"I don't send one because I'm asked or told to. I send one because I want to."

He has been waiting patiently for years.

By *omethingDifferent4FunWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh-ish

"I do not return a face pic if I’m not attracted. It’s not owed to them just because they sent one first. It’s just wasting their time and my time continuing to chat if there’s no attraction as there will be no meet.

Is it bad manners? Probably, but I also have abuse and insults sent to me daily on here and I quickly learnt that thick skin is needed for fab. I now choose wisely what gets my time and attention. "

Exactly this. Sad but true on the abuse/insults to "thanks but no thanks" so easier to ignore/delete and reduce the risk.

Apparently I'm being reported for being a fake profile for this very reason, so it was nice being here!

I've got a public face pic up actually. For some bizarre reason I tend not to hear back from folk after they've seen it. I imagine they think they'll be punching....

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"I've got a public face pic up actually. For some bizarre reason I tend not to hear back from folk after they've seen it. I imagine they think they'll be punching.... "
seagulls as they try to steal your chips?

Mine gets used at Halloween and to ward people from fires!

I generally send without expectation of receiving, but if the conversation continues and strikes up a rapport I will ask for a face picture (if one isn’t offered) it comes as part of the rapport, could be one message, could be several.

By *reyw01fMan  over a year ago

Hamilton

Tend to keep face pics off the Internet full stoop. Due to work. Life / kink life balance if asked. It's only polite but self deletes soon as it's been read.

[Removed by poster at 23/06/22 15:12:40]

"I've got a public face pic up actually. For some bizarre reason I tend not to hear back from folk after they've seen it. I imagine they think they'll be punching.... seagulls as they try to steal your chips?

Haha ??

"Ooh! Ya bastard, ya!"

Loved bo selectable. ??"

By *reyw01fMan  over a year ago

Hamilton

"I've got a public face pic up actually. For some bizarre reason I tend not to hear back from folk after they've seen it. I imagine they think they'll be punching.... "

*It's proper bo.i tell thee*

Missing the surgical collar though :p

By *esLibertinesCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow Edinburgh Leeds Manchester

"Tend to keep face pics off the Internet full stoop. Due to work. Life / kink life balance if asked. It's only polite but self deletes soon as it's been read. "

Agreed with that. We tend to be suspicious when people asking for face pics. We prefer a meeting in a public place, don't mind if they didn't show us face pics previously.

Glasgow

Thanks for reminding me I accidentally left a face pic public over the weekend. Explains why things went quite on here.

By *hrills_n_spillsCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Agreed with that. We tend to be suspicious when people asking for face pics. We prefer a meeting in a public place, don't mind if they didn't show us face pics previously."

Other than us not being their cup of meat, is there another reason people have for collecting face pics?

Two different accounts recently from the same town asked for face pics after chatting then pretended to leave the message unread (we can see they saw the 2nd of 3 pics).

No issue if they aren't a fan and don't want to cause offence, everyone's free to wear suncream; but is there some nefarious reason we should be wary of when sending face pics?

By *ablito88Man  over a year ago

Near you

Too many fake profiles currently. I got no problem to attach my face pic to the message.

Ppl are weird nowadays unfortunately.

"Agreed with that. We tend to be suspicious when people asking for face pics. We prefer a meeting in a public place, don't mind if they didn't show us face pics previously. Black mail springs to mind, I've see a few threads where a female was chatting frequently with a guy and inevitably the question popped up about showing face pics, she sent hers but never got one back from the guy he then proceeds to delete his profile, 2 days pass and she receives a message from another female on here saying that there's a guy she knows personally who's on her Facebook page and he's exposing this girls life for anyone that reads his post, saying she's a swinger and on this site, that's she's a slut etc. I think his intention was to black mail her but it backfired.

The girl contacted the police but thats the last she heard from him.

This is why we never give out face pics to anyone asking for one. It's not worth the chance.

Other than us not being their cup of meat, is there another reason people have for collecting face pics?

Two different accounts recently from the same town asked for face pics after chatting then pretended to leave the message unread (we can see they saw the 2nd of 3 pics).

No issue if they aren't a fan and don't want to cause offence, everyone's free to wear suncream; but is there some nefarious reason we should be wary of when sending face pics?"

By *hrills_n_spillsCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

" Black mail springs to mind, I've see a few threads where a female was chatting frequently with a guy and inevitably the question popped up about showing face pics, she sent hers but never got one back from the guy he then proceeds to delete his profile, 2 days pass and she receives a message from another female on here saying that there's a guy she knows personally who's on her Facebook page and he's exposing this girls life for anyone that reads his post, saying she's a swinger and on this site, that's she's a slut etc. I think his intention was to black mail her but it backfired.

This is why we never give out face pics to anyone asking for one. It's not worth the chance. "

damn.

" Black mail springs to mind, I've see a few threads where a female was chatting frequently with a guy and inevitably the question popped up about showing face pics, she sent hers but never got one back from the guy he then proceeds to delete his profile, 2 days pass and she receives a message from another female on here saying that there's a guy she knows personally who's on her Facebook page and he's exposing this girls life for anyone that reads his post, saying she's a swinger and on this site, that's she's a slut etc. I think his intention was to black mail her but it backfired.

This is why we never give out face pics to anyone asking for one. It's not worth the chance.

damn. "

Don’t get me started on black mail !!! I refuse to even send naughty pics in a relationship now for this very reason

damn.

Don’t get me started on black mail !!! I refuse to even send naughty pics in a relationship now for this very reason "

Don't blame you, once a pic or video is sent it's out of your hands on where it may end up.

If you agree to swap face pics with someone, then thats what you should do. Well thats my opinion.

By *lut Sara and bobCouple  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

[Removed by poster at 23/06/22 23:03:36]

By *lut Sara and bobCouple  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Discretion is imperative to us. We are now at the stage where people with face pics on their profile are a bit of a warning sign.

"Discretion is imperative to us. We are now at the stage where people with face pics on their profile are a bit of a warning sign. "
With all the scare stories I've read on forum threads discretion is now a thing of the past, even trust which in my opinion is more valid is now becoming more important if sending or receiving face pics, naughty pics etc to someone. As I've said once you hit that 'send' button it's no longer in your hands..

Some, but not all, on here have absolutely no issue with sharing face pics of others that have been sent to them privately.

I've been sent face pics of others that I did not ask for!

"Some, but not all, on here have absolutely no issue with sharing face pics of others that have been sent to them privately.

I've been sent face pics of others that I did not ask for!"

with or without their consent?

"Some, but not all, on here have absolutely no issue with sharing face pics of others that have been sent to them privately.

I've been sent face pics of others that I did not ask for!"

I've also been sent pics of other folk , face and intimate pics , far to easy to grab others pics off of profiles and copy and send ,.. I have also had numerous fake dating profiles set up using my face pics , however I usually find out about them , always someone willing to tell me .

I've also been sent pics of other folk , face and intimate pics , far to easy to grab others pics off of profiles and copy and send ,.. I have also had numerous fake dating profiles set up using my face pics , however I usually find out about them , always someone willing to tell me . "

That's some right scary shit right there m8, I wouldn't want to be a single female on this site with the things you must get sent.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I've also been sent pics of other folk , face and intimate pics , far to easy to grab others pics off of profiles and copy and send ,.. I have also had numerous fake dating profiles set up using my face pics , however I usually find out about them , always someone willing to tell me . That's some right scary shit right there m8, I wouldn't want to be a single female on this site with the things you must get sent."

What they are doing is illegal. They will probably do it thinking that nobody will report them because of where they stole them from.

We have had out pics took off here and posted over Facebook dms and stuff also ppl was showing them to others up at the school and stuff

It's also the single profiles with no verifications showing photos of them and others in intimate acts , I always think of whether the other person knows they've been taken to be plastered all over here

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We chat for a while and if it looks like we are getting on and a chance of meeting up we would expect sending and receiving face pictures, it's just common decency before a meet we think. No face picture no meet. We wouldn't want to turn up to a pub and not know who we are looking for. We don't do blind date. As for someone asking for a face picture with first message we would just pass them by

"It's also the single profiles with no verifications showing photos of them and others in intimate acts , I always think of whether the other person knows they've been taken to be plastered all over here "
Yeah I've came across a few pics of an "old" Jane on another single females profile thats still active today but not really sure whether to message her or not just incase I'm wrong.

By *ohncraMan  over a year ago

pitenweem

i mailed you but no reply its ok ive stopped crying now lol

By *ddkkk91Man  over a year ago

fife

If someone ask for one and is happy to swap a pic, i would happily send one

I've been sent face pics of others that I did not ask for! with or without their consent? "

I'm pretty certain the women in question had no idea their photos were being shared.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"We have had out pics took off here and posted over Facebook dms and stuff also ppl was showing them to others up at the school and stuff "

That’s awful. I’ve had my pics along with other ladies on here copied and put on porn sites. Fortunately a Fab friend told me and I reported the profile.

I've been sent face pics of others that I did not ask for! with or without their consent?

I'm pretty certain the women in question had no idea their photos were being shared."

shocking ! Did you report the sender?

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

It seems strange when people offer pics of someone else in an attempt to get laid

"It seems strange when people offer pics of someone else in an attempt to get laid"
Fabs a strange place !

South Lanarkshire

You're not wrong there

» Add a new message to this topic