FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fave whisky...

Fave whisky...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ereforgiggles OP   Man  over a year ago

Scotland

Looking for recommendations for a good sipping whisky, something that can be d*unk neat and not diluted with water/come/lemonade etc

Currently on Old Pulteney but open to options!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tormin1965Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

If you like peaty stuff, Lagavulin 16 is great.

Scotland

"If you like peaty stuff, Lagavulin 16 is great."

I do like a peaty whisky I must say.. Talisker and randomly Smokehead have a great taste

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Anything from Islay.

Buñahabhain is amazingly beautiful

Balvienie doublewood is incredible or the Caribbean cask if you prefer something sweeter. Both firm favourites of mine and very affordable.

If you want to splash out then the ballentines 21 very old. Not a single malt but very smooth for a blend.

Scotland

"Anything from Islay.

Buñahabhain is amazingly beautiful "

I do love an Islay malt!

Another vote for Balvenie Double wood!

Scotland

"Another vote for Balvenie Double wood! "

Onto Amazon I go....

Talisker or Highland Park 18.

By *xiled2013Man  over a year ago

Dumbarton/Alexandria

Red Wine Cask Jura is on my fav list now.

Scotland

Was in a pub in Orkney a few years ago and they had about 200 different whisky's ranging from run of the mill to 40 year old single malts. The prices ranged from £3 to "please enquire" needless to say I didn't enquire after I was told that they would only open the 40 year old Highland Park if 5 folk were drinking it and it was £120 a nip!

"Red Wine Cask Jura is on my fav list now."

Lived on jura for 18months with work recently. Why am I only hearing about this cask now. Sounds amazing.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Was at a Wedding where the guys took their Whiskey very seriously. Very expensive bottle had been bought and shared on the table .

I must admit I took great pleasure taking a dram and causally saying "hmm would of been better with lemonade "! ... Sacrilege but look on their faces was a priceless pmsl!!! X

Scotland

"Was at a Wedding where the guys took their Whiskey very seriously. Very expensive bottle had been bought and shared on the table .

I must admit I took great pleasure taking a dram and causally saying "hmm would of been better with lemonade "! ... Sacrilege but look on their faces was a priceless pmsl!!! X"

"Was in a pub in Orkney a few years ago and they had about 200 different whisky's ranging from run of the mill to 40 year old single malts. The prices ranged from £3 to "please enquire" needless to say I didn't enquire after I was told that they would only open the 40 year old Highland Park if 5 folk were drinking it and it was £120 a nip!"

Had a similar situation in Vegas with a bienn dubh black whisky. $98 a nip. Regrettably paid for it. Worst thing I ever tasted. Grabbing a handful off moss and wringing it out in my mouth is the only thing I can imagine tasting remotely similar

Scotland

"Was in a pub in Orkney a few years ago and they had about 200 different whisky's ranging from run of the mill to 40 year old single malts. The prices ranged from £3 to "please enquire" needless to say I didn't enquire after I was told that they would only open the 40 year old Highland Park if 5 folk were drinking it and it was £120 a nip!

Had a similar situation in Vegas with a bienn dubh black whisky. $98 a nip. Regrettably paid for it. Worst thing I ever tasted. Grabbing a handful off moss and wringing it out in my mouth is the only thing I can imagine tasting remotely similar "

Yeah it definitely has to be said.. "high price doesn't equal good taste!"

"Was at a Wedding where the guys took their Whiskey very seriously. Very expensive bottle had been bought and shared on the table .

I must admit I took great pleasure taking a dram and causally saying "hmm would of been better with lemonade "! ... Sacrilege but look on their faces was a priceless pmsl!!! X"

Just as well your not Scottish. You would be hunted down and hung drawn and quartered for such statement

Scotland

I must admit I took great pleasure taking a dram and causally saying "hmm would of been better with lemonade "! ... Sacrilege but look on their faces was a priceless pmsl!!! X

Just as well your not Scottish. You would be hunted down and hung drawn and quartered for such statement "

Or hung, licked and fucked silly

"Was in a pub in Orkney a few years ago and they had about 200 different whisky's ranging from run of the mill to 40 year old single malts. The prices ranged from £3 to "please enquire" needless to say I didn't enquire after I was told that they would only open the 40 year old Highland Park if 5 folk were drinking it and it was £120 a nip!

Had a similar situation in Vegas with a bienn dubh black whisky. $98 a nip. Regrettably paid for it. Worst thing I ever tasted. Grabbing a handful off moss and wringing it out in my mouth is the only thing I can imagine tasting remotely similar

Yeah it definitely has to be said.. "high price doesn't equal good taste!""

wholeheartedly concur. Whisky really does depend on individual taste. I'm a big fan of a speyside or a lowlands Whisky. Not a big fan of a Highland find them too peaty.

Scotland

Yeah it definitely has to be said.. "high price doesn't equal good taste!" wholeheartedly concur. Whisky really does depend on individual taste. I'm a big fan of a speyside or a lowlands Whisky. Not a big fan of a Highland find them too peaty."

I only tried Old Pulteney 12 years over the last few days but have to say it's definitely a smooth swallow!

Southampton

Just as well your not Scottish. You would be hunted down and hung drawn and quartered for such statement "

Father Scots and lived in Glasgow most of my life lol. Scots banter lol x

Southampton

Just as well your not Scottish. You would be hunted down and hung drawn and quartered for such statement

Or hung, licked and fucked silly "

Err the hung bit BEFORE the other things took that to a dark place lol x

Scotland

Err the hung bit BEFORE the other things took that to a dark place lol x"

Apologies... May have had one or two whisky's and getting carried away

Err the hung bit BEFORE the other things took that to a dark place lol x"

I can forgive the Scots banter by default. If you can excuse the HUNG, Licked and Fucked comment. We're not all that dark and creepy.

Apologies... May have had one or two whisky's and getting carried away "

Tut tut. What is the whisky of choice this evening?

Scotland

I can forgive the Scots banter by default. If you can excuse the HUNG, Licked and Fucked comment. We're not all that dark and creepy. "

Already apologised

Southampton

I can forgive the Scots banter by default. If you can excuse the HUNG, Licked and Fucked comment. We're not all that dark and creepy.

Already apologised "

Nothing to apologise for at all lol! I just couldn't resist being a cheeky bitch lol xx

Already apologised "

I'm only joking mate don't worry. Lol.

What whisky u on tonight

Already apologised

Nothing to apologise for at all lol! I just couldn't resist being a cheeky bitch lol xx"

He's on the whisky. He will apologise every hr on the hr regardless I've been there. It feels like the right thing to do. Lol

Scotland

Already apologised

Nothing to apologise for at all lol! I just couldn't resist being a cheeky bitch lol xx

He's on the whisky. He will apologise every hr on the hr regardless I've been there. It feels like the right thing to do. Lol "

That's so fucking true

Southampton

You are men ...therefore always wrong so best to default apologise.... just saves time ...pmsl

Already apologised

He's on the whisky. He will apologise every hr on the hr regardless I've been there. It feels like the right thing to do. Lol

That's so fucking true "

You just enjoy yourself mate your not doing anyone any harm. I just really want to know what whisky your drinking this evening

Scotland

Already apologised

That's so fucking true

You just enjoy yourself mate your not doing anyone any harm. I just really want to know what whisky your drinking this evening "

Old Pulteney 12 years, and maybe a few vodkas

"You are men ...therefore always wrong so best to default apologise.... just saves time ...pmsl "

Typical woman. Clearly not learned enough from your Scottish father. A firm hand keeps a good woman in check. Just ask your dad.

Southampton

Already apologised

That's so fucking true

You just enjoy yourself mate your not doing anyone any harm. I just really want to know what whisky your drinking this evening

Old Pulteney 12 years, and maybe a few vodkas "

With ice n Lemonade ????

Scotland

Actually going to throw a curveball in... Storywood tequila! Brewed in Jalisco as all tequilas are BUT aged in Malt Whisky casks! Tastes like whisky, gets you fucked like tequila!!

Southampton

"You are men ...therefore always wrong so best to default apologise.... just saves time ...pmsl

Typical woman. Clearly not learned enough from your Scottish father. A firm hand keeps a good woman in check. Just ask your dad. "

Ahh but I've naw said I'm a good woman ....pain in the arse defo lol x

Scotland

Already apologised

That's so fucking true

With ice n Lemonade ???? "

That's definitely going to lead to a firm hand!

"You are men ...therefore always wrong so best to default apologise.... just saves time ...pmsl

Typical woman. Clearly not learned enough from your Scottish father. A firm hand keeps a good woman in check. Just ask your dad.

Ahh but I've naw said I'm a good woman ....pain in the arse defo lol x"

Cruising for a bruising now young lady. Lol x

Already apologised

That's so fucking true

With ice n Lemonade ????

That's definitely going to lead to a firm hand!"

Firm hand. A punch in the fucking throat more like it.

Scotland

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Firm hand. A punch in the fucking throat more like it. "

Easy tiger!! Fuck me... At least I threatened fucking and licking!!

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Although Mrs is not a supporter of my Whisky drinking I do enjoy the Bruichladdich from Islay. Have a bit of a collection of them.

Scotland

"Although Mrs is not a supporter of my Whisky drinking I do enjoy the Bruichladdich from Islay. Have a bit of a collection of them. "
can I come and join you both in the hot tub to discuss this??

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Easy tiger!! Fuck me... At least I threatened fucking and licking!! "

Fair enough. Only now 1 whisky in and getting violent. Maybe I should go back to the beers.

Scotland

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fair enough. Only now 1 whisky in and getting violent. Maybe I should go back to the beers. "

I'm voting we have a 3 way hug..

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fair enough. Only now 1 whisky in and getting violent. Maybe I should go back to the beers.

I'm voting we have a 3 way hug.. "

I'm more of a struggle cuddle kinda guy. Lol x

Scotland

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

I'm more of a struggle cuddle kinda guy. Lol x"

Fuck it, I'm still game!

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fuck it, I'm still game!"

Amount of Whisky you've had. You'd be game for anything I imagine

Scotland

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fuck it, I'm still game!

Amount of Whisky you've had. You'd be game for anything I imagine "

Yep and that's why I'm shutting up

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fuck it, I'm still game!

Yep and that's why I'm shutting up "

Please don't. I'm enjoying the random banter lol x

Scotland

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fuck it, I'm still game!

Please don't. I'm enjoying the random banter lol x"

It'll only go downhill from here and end up in me having a wank

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fuck it, I'm still game!

It'll only go downhill from here and end up in me having a wank "

Fuck me mate too far. This conversation was semi civilised until you decided to wank. You do realise whisky n wanking don't go together. You'll spend half the time getting hard n other half trying to get the right scenario in your head to make you cum. Its not worth the hassle. Just leave it till the morra when you have hangover horn

Scotland

"

With ice n Lemonade ????

Fuck it, I'm still game!

It'll only go downhill from here and end up in me having a wank

Fuck me mate too far. This conversation was semi civilised until you decided to wank. You do realise whisky n wanking don't go together. You'll spend half the time getting hard n other half trying to get the right scenario in your head to make you cum. Its not worth the hassle. Just leave it till the morra when you have hangover horn "

I know but needs must!! No one else wants to assist so it's wank and bed!

Glasgow

"Although Mrs is not a supporter of my Whisky drinking I do enjoy the Bruichladdich from Islay. Have a bit of a collection of them. can I come and join you both in the hot tub to discuss this??"

Ha ha

Scotland

"Although Mrs is not a supporter of my Whisky drinking I do enjoy the Bruichladdich from Islay. Have a bit of a collection of them. can I come and join you both in the hot tub to discuss this??

Ha ha"

Worth a try

Glasgow

"Although Mrs is not a supporter of my Whisky drinking I do enjoy the Bruichladdich from Islay. Have a bit of a collection of them. can I come and join you both in the hot tub to discuss this??

Ha ha

Worth a try "

Hot tub is off for now…. Burns through electricity like a mutha fucka

Ha ha

Worth a try

Hot tub is off for now…. Burns through electricity like a mutha fucka"

He's full of Whisky. He will never notice that it's off. Just appease him and invite him over please. Whisky makes you more needy than a pregnant woman with a craving

By *nnocentonehonestMan  over a year ago

Place near you

Got to be bunnahabhain or macallan

"If you like peaty stuff, Lagavulin 16 is great.

I do like a peaty whisky I must say.. Talisker and randomly Smokehead have a great taste"

Smokehead is one of my favourites, I also enjoy a Dalwhinnie for something a bit more subtle

By *ature gent 15Man  over a year ago

South Lanarkshire

Fettercairn 16 2020 release

By *lexanderSupertrampMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Glenrothes is my favourite

Scotland

So are we sticking with whisky tonight or moving on to something else??

16 yr old Glendronach - The Allerdyce

By *namCarasCouple  over a year ago

dundee

your very welcome to come round ours to sample a few whiskys, from balvenie to jura

from macallan to glenfidich .

your more than welcome

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Stirling

"Anything from Islay.

Buñahabhain is amazingly beautiful "

Oh, hello. My favourite at the moment.

Scotland

"your very welcome to come round ours to sample a few whiskys, from balvenie to jura

your more than welcome"

Noted

By *40ffCouple  over a year ago

lala land

Blue label is the hubbies favourite

By *aidbacklover2021Man  over a year ago

perth

Talisker n Bowmore

By *ddkkk91Man  over a year ago

fife

If you are newbie, Old Pultney is great way to get into drinking it.

The glenlivet have a great choices to drink straight such as olo rosso, 12 year old or small batch ( one of my fav).

Best one i ever had was Balvenie 40, it was like a nectar of the Gods

Macallan is okay but overpriced.

By *ddkkk91Man  over a year ago

fife

"your very welcome to come round ours to sample a few whiskys, from balvenie to jura

your more than welcome"

Is it an open invite ?

36yo caol ila or 30yo mcCallan

By *ivingthegoodlifeMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Glendronach Allardyce

Cardhu 18.

By *ay40Man  over a year ago

Kinross

"Blue label is the hubbies favourite "

One of my favourites as well,

Johnny Walker have spent over 200 years getting it right.

For anyone on here, I would advise them to try Johnny Walker 18 yr old, as it is far cheaper than blue label but it is still extremely smooth and easy to drink.

For those who say Whisky should be drank straight, this is pure myth only.

Whisky can be d*unk anyway you wish, ice, water, or as in a cocktail.

it is far better to enjoy the whisky you drink rather than screw your face up with every taste and pretend you enjoy it.

Try Johnny Walker 18

and try the Johnny Walker tour experience in Edinburgh even the cheapest tour at £26 is 90 minutes long, enjoyable and educational

Yamazaki 12 is pretty special. The 18 is even better but at £1200 a bottle ive only ever tried it twice when a friend offered me a ever so slight dram of it.

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

"Looking for recommendations for a good sipping whisky, something that can be d*unk neat and not diluted with water/come/lemonade etc

Currently on Old Pulteney but open to options!"

My go to faves are Highland Park or Buñahabhain

Bunnahabhain 25yo

16 year old Lagavulen

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

This is not going to go down well, no pun intended, but every time I go back home to Fife, I always take several bottles of Penderyn Legend Welsh single malt back with me for sharing with my family and pals. It never fails to astound me how well it gets recieved.

"Red Wine Cask Jura is on my fav list now."

A beginner to whisky but enjoy a Talisker and noting this one as well as some others above. Can I just say though that whiskey is Irish and whisky, Scottish

Sorry my Dad was a bit particular about his whisky's and it’s rubbed off

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Islay

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I do enjoy malt whisky and a lot of the favourites and easily found whisky’s have been mentioned.

As a pleasant sipping whisky for any night I would offer the Powers whisky Distillers cut.

43% vol, smooth like all Irish whisky’s.

As an aside - anyone interested in a small whisky group, chats, meets for whisky tastings etc?

By *oggingnfloggingCouple  over a year ago

fife

I (Male half) have a soft spot for a few of these drams mmm but a blend is my dram of choice at the moment cutty sark prohibition is very very nice and reasonably priced which is always a bonus

By *ekked JackMan  over a year ago

South Lanarkshire

My favourite is Glenfiddich 12 year old..its a lovely smooth dram..but was also my late grandads favourite.. bit I do like Laphroaig, Talisker, jura, and many man others.. most expensive I have was £120 my bottle number is 666. Not sure I will ever open it though...

Scotland

Having a wee talisker as we speak!

Teaninich for a lovely fruity and grassy malt, Octomore for that punch in your face peat.

I have lots of bottles of good aged stuff from glenlivet’s to Bunnahabhian’s all at great prices sometimes half the price if anyone is interested in buying some good stuff at decent prices

By *ecret_pleasure4UMan  over a year ago

Murrayfield

Glengoyne 21 year old is exceptional. Unbelievably smooth.

10 years old Glenfarcals

Really smooth, best so far.

By *i Kinky coupleCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

Aberlour 12

Scapa 16 yr old bit pricey though