FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > drink prices,,,,

drink prices,,,,

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

so putting min price per unit on drinks to solve the drink problems in britain,,,,wtf, so a bottle of 9quid cheap vodka goes up to 11quid, my god that 2 quid a difference aint going to do shit.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Scotland already set its minimum price in May. I think you mean England and Wales.

"Scotland already set its minimum price in May. I think you mean England and Wales."

dunno, just caught it on the news and thot,,,fuck, that wont stop kids drinking,,or us.

see, we didnt even know we had it, still the same price for boxes of beer and wine, or is it???? havent noticed.

By *autious CoupleCouple  over a year ago

home

It is being appealed in the european court by the drinks companys so a while off yet i hope lol

I don't think that putting up prices will do much. I DO think though that there's a pretty 'sick' attitude to drink in this country though. The 'image' of drink as being a necessity/needing to be guzzled in excess until it's worth anything etc is, sorry, but pretty infantile to me. Perhaps it's because I lived abroad a lot and saw a different attitiude to it. It's just drink.... So (possibly an unpopular idea, but)...I'd rather see these islands in general 'grow up' in its' attitude to drink. Sorry, just my opinion and I appreciate that others may feel differently.

right,,,so is it happened here or not???? i knew the drinks companys where disputing it?? has it been put in place yet????

so will it mean all vodka will be the same price if its the same units??? so cheap stuff goes up and dear stuff down....???

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Scotland already set its minimum price in May. I think you mean England and Wales."

There is a legal challenge in Scotland at the moment and as yet as is.

As a non drinker-a fuck i do not give about alcohol prices but Greggs mince pie prices arent going up are they?? *nervous*

"I don't think that putting up prices will do much. I DO think though that there's a pretty 'sick' attitude to drink in this country though. The 'image' of drink as being a necessity/needing to be guzzled in excess until it's worth anything etc is, sorry, but pretty infantile to me. Perhaps it's because I lived abroad a lot and saw a different attitiude to it. It's just drink.... So (possibly an unpopular idea, but)...I'd rather see these islands in general 'grow up' in its' attitude to drink. Sorry, just my opinion and I appreciate that others may feel differently. "

i agree, britain has got to kick the ass out of everything,,,drinking, smoking eating,,,,lol all the good things,,,but are bad.

By *lash and BunsCouple  over a year ago

Inverclyde

The EU are threatening to overturn it. DO politicians actually do any fecking research before flying i?, wonder how much this feck up is going to cost us the taxpayers

"Scotland already set its minimum price in May. I think you mean England and Wales.

There is a legal challenge in Scotland at the moment and as yet as is. "

i,ll still drink,,,,

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"Scotland already set its minimum price in May. I think you mean England and Wales.

There is a legal challenge in Scotland at the moment and as yet as is.

i,ll still drink,,,,"

I rarely drink but if i did i'd be back to making home brew

[Removed by poster at 28/11/12 22:45:34]

Believe supermarkets have been told not to do drinks promotions, ie 3 bottles of wine for £10.

They get round this by selling wine at £3.33, lol.

It aint gonna make any difference, if yer gonna drink you will find the money!!!

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don't think that putting up prices will do much. I DO think though that there's a pretty 'sick' attitude to drink in this country though. The 'image' of drink as being a necessity/needing to be guzzled in excess until it's worth anything etc is, sorry, but pretty infantile to me. Perhaps it's because I lived abroad a lot and saw a different attitiude to it. It's just drink.... So (possibly an unpopular idea, but)...I'd rather see these islands in general 'grow up' in its' attitude to drink. Sorry, just my opinion and I appreciate that others may feel differently. "

I tend to agree. Alcohol is just a small part of my fun times. It worries me that so many people judge how good a night was by how much they had to drink. What happened to the company you kept or the entertainment you enjoyed being the main thing?

I just generally dislike the idea that alcohol is necessary for a good time or the amount you can drink is a measure of how amazing you are as a person. Destroying your liver makes you a great person? Would the same apply to being able to smash your own face in with a hammer & survive??

first they hit the smokers, now the drinkers, whos next? people who eat too much?

All that happens when stuff like this goes down, is the people who buy it, keep buying it and have less money to spend on the important stuff

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

as said above was only drinks promos that changed in scotland the 50 p per unit is still to come and thats min price ie cheap supermarket brands, big labels will hike their prices higher as they always do. so asda voadka at 28 units a btl will be min price of £14 with bigger label usually 3 4 pounds dearer your looking at £ 18 a btl

By *lash and BunsCouple  over a year ago

Inverclyde

"first they hit the smokers, now the drinkers, whos next? people who eat too much?

All that happens when stuff like this goes down, is the people who buy it, keep buying it and have less money to spend on the important stuff"

Welcome to the nanny state of Scotland!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/scottish-supermarkets-should-be-banned-from-selling-1113464

Youngest case of cirrhosis aged 19. What a fucked up society we live in.

» Add a new message to this topic