FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Day of reflection or connection?

Day of reflection or connection?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ralPerfectionist OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm curious to know if anyone is specifically not hooking up today on this Bank Holiday. Or you business as usual? Everywhere else is closed, what about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It’s a day of reflection for me. It’s close to my Mum’s anniversary in 2 weeks and I could only have 20 people at the funeral.

It’s a historic day and I will be watching the funeral.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Going to the gym then watching the emoji film on chanel 5

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

The only time my bf has a bank holiday off and nothing is open so can't go anywhere! So a chilled day at home catching up on TV for us

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow (visiting London)

I’m working. So I’m just hoping it’s a quiet day and I can get a lot done.

By *aptain BrubakerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Taking advantage of the kids being off at the same time. Hot tub, BBQ and movies

By *ighlander81Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

I’m off and hoping there’s someone nearby at a loose end to join me

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Forced to change my office hours around to accommodate something I care nothing for....

Complete farce...

A bonus day off work, doing housework and some DIY then going fishing later.

I have the day off and watching the Queen's funeral. Sounds like I'm in the minority

My cock will be at half mast most of the day, as a show of respect.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I have the funeral on in the background. It is living history after all.

I have my own mourning issues right now, so it does hit my heart-strings a little.

Mandy

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Where do I start. Can of worms.. okay rant commencing....

God is a a fecking Alien from ancient times studying the earth!!!

They will be back at the next great junctor of the plant. That's when the stupid fucking humans wipe out the plant and themselves!!!

And another thing.....

If any one tells me there is an afterlife; you are a carbon based life form. You will burn just like a fried piece of bacon!!

Trust me, when your hard drive (brain) fries so does the memory!

It ain't getting dumped in the Gods great cloud....

You will be gone and only hard copies will remain (photos) which your younger siblings will just chuck out with the trash!!!

(Phew, rant over normal sarky bitch will resume shortly)

Day off today and what's even better is I only have a three day week since I'm off on Friday but today me and s are taking the wee yin through to crammond to learn her to go a two wheel bike that's gonna be fun

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Traveling home, probably a cinema trip this evening, unless I get a better offer.

Wont be watching the funeral as im tired of the mournography, still feel compassion for a family who have lost a loved one though.

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Where do I start. Can of worms.. okay rant commencing....

God is a a fecking Alien from ancient times studying the earth!!!

They will be back at the next great junctor of the plant. That's when the stupid fucking humans wipe out the plant and themselves!!!

And another thing.....

If any one tells me there is an afterlife; you are a carbon based life form. You will burn just like a fried piece of bacon!!

Trust me, when your hard drive (brain) fries so does the memory!

It ain't getting dumped in the Gods great cloud....

You will be gone and only hard copies will remain (photos) which your younger siblings will just chuck out with the trash!!!

(Phew, rant over normal sarky bitch will resume shortly)

"

Which plant

By *hrills_n_spillsCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

It is honestly bizarre to me how people can't see this for what it is. An absolute show of power, with a right wing media itching to attack anything that doesn't mourn hard enough.

Have heard things like "a lifetime of service" and "she was always there for us" and it makes absolutely no sense. None. These statements have zero content. It is the result of 70 years of news propaganda reinforcing the message they want you to believe "your queen loves you" which is at complete odds with the extraction of wealth from the people, the interfering of laws, millions in cash handed over in shopping bags for charity deals from abusive states deemed appropriate, a property portfolio worth billions that should belong to the nation, 23 all expenses paid residences.

We are not citizens in a correctly functioning democracy we are subjects in a kingdom where real power is never truly transferred.

Complete decadence while food banks can't cope.

By *ndiiiMan  over a year ago

Paisley Scotland

"I have the day off and watching the Queen's funeral. Sounds like I'm in the minority "

I would say that. X

By *rankie4Man  over a year ago

East Kilbride

I've always hated Monday Mournings .

By *rankie4Man  over a year ago

East Kilbride

"It is honestly bizarre to me how people can't see this for what it is. An absolute show of power, with a right wing media itching to attack anything that doesn't mourn hard enough.

Have heard things like "a lifetime of service" and "she was always there for us" and it makes absolutely no sense. None. These statements have zero content. It is the result of 70 years of news propaganda reinforcing the message they want you to believe "your queen loves you" which is at complete odds with the extraction of wealth from the people, the interfering of laws, millions in cash handed over in shopping bags for charity deals from abusive states deemed appropriate, a property portfolio worth billions that should belong to the nation, 23 all expenses paid residences.

We are not citizens in a correctly functioning democracy we are subjects in a kingdom where real power is never truly transferred.

Complete decadence while food banks can't cope."

I totally agree.

By *ralPerfectionist OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Wow a real diverse choice of day plans. I'm catching up on things I've put off on this bonus day off, with the service on in the background. Regardless of my feelings towards the monarchy as a whole, it has been interesting watching history as it happens.

By *ANDA!Man  over a year ago

DUMFRIES

Same shit different day for me

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

A day of reflection for me watching the beautiful send off for her majesty, and remembering my own mum

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Don't give 2 hoots about the royals care more about all the people in the UK that are struggling and have been for a long time while they live a life of luxury in all the castles and estates they own

By *azzle99Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Went for a gorgeous coastal walk, time of reflection in a different way!

Join the minority club. I watched the whole thing today!

"Join the minority club. I watched the whole thing today!"

Me too x

Worked all day.

Checked my bank and she hasn't paid anything into it in the last ..... years so I'll continue to work as normal, so I can put money into her and her extended family pockets as they really deserve it for all the stand up work they do.

Paisley

"I have the funeral on in the background. It is living history after all.

I have my own mourning issues right now, so it does hit my heart-strings a little.

Mandy"

Hugs to you Mandy. x

Paisley

"Join the minority club. I watched the whole thing today!

Me too x"

I did as well although it’s almost my Mum’s anniversary. It was still lovely to see the symbolic things they do and to see how well respected the Queen was by the turnout.

By *inkycarolineTV/TS  over a year ago

Kilwinning

I paid my respects to my old 'Boss' yesterday.

For those of you who think the royal family are a drain on finances, do your research. Look at how much money they bring in to the UK of which the government then give them a grant to cover their costs which is around 20%. Google Sovereign Grant.

Last years figures showed the Royal family cost each person around £1:30 Per Year.

The Queen worked at least 25 years beyond retirement age.

By *edGlasgowMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I paid my respects to my old 'Boss' yesterday.

For those of you who think the royal family are a drain on finances, do your research. Look at how much money they bring in to the UK of which the government then give them a grant to cover their costs which is around 20%. Google Sovereign Grant.

Last years figures showed the Royal family cost each person around £1:30 Per Year.

"

Some interesting numbers - how much profit do they make the UK then? Seems to vary depending on your source

By *edGlasgowMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 20/09/22 10:54:26]

By *inkycarolineTV/TS  over a year ago

Kilwinning

Some interesting numbers - how much profit do they make the UK then? Seems to vary depending on your source"

Figures are freely available through government websites. Google Sovereign grant and goto to Royal site.

[Removed by poster at 20/09/22 12:16:27]

By *hrills_n_spillsCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"

They don't bring any money in, the land and sea porfolio does, its practically nationalized now anyway so let's do away with the facade and have a modern, ethical, democratic, efficient system.

Also interesting that their security cost are not allowed to be scrutinized.

There is no logical argument beyond sentimentality and tradition (which continually gets reinvented in an effort to keep them relevant) in maintaining a royal family.

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

"I have the day off and watching the Queen's funeral. Sounds like I'm in the minority "

We did the same

"I have the day off and watching the Queen's funeral. Sounds like I'm in the minority

We did the same"

Hello stranger! Hope you're keeping well x

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

That works out roughly to around 89.2 million pounds per year given to a family that the queens property portfolio in the uk alone is worth 18 billion pounds. I'm neither here nor there with the royal family and yes she did a lot for the country and yes I watched because I like historical moments in time. But I think its about time costs were cut. And I'm sure they wont be worried about the cost of living or energy bills for their properties.

"

» Add a new message to this topic