FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Depression

Depression

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illers71 OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Happy Sunday Folks

I don’t suffer with depression or have any mental issues but fucking hell this weekend feels like a dark one. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me? Flooring and furniture shopping all weekend can’t be the reason.

Maybe fed up of single life over a long weekend

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I get what you mean. The darker, colder nights can often have a negative effect on people. As for the loneliness I actually find these forums a good little distraction.

Hope you feel good soon OP

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Happy Sunday Folks

I don’t suffer with depression or have any mental issues but fucking hell this weekend feels like a dark one. Anyone else feeling the same or is it just me? Flooring and furniture shopping all weekend can’t be the reason.

Maybe fed up of single life over a long weekend "

You don’t have to have depressive illness, a diagnosis, or a history of mental health issues to have a spell where you’re feeling fed up (or worse).

A good thing is that you’ve recognised it and are happy to talk about it. That is relatively uncommon - especially amongst men.

As someone who has had issues on and off for years, and who rarely practices what he preaches, I’d encourage you to continue in the same vein.

You might feel better through the week and think nothing more of it, or you might have another weekend of the same. If you do, there’s no shame in talking more. Lots of options out there from Samaritans, to Breathing Space to “man club” meetings. Talking about feeling crap doesn’t mean you give yourself an irreversible label. It doesn’t mean you’re suddenly “mentally ill”*. What it can do, though, is help you work out exactly how you’re feeling and why, and can give you a pressure release valve for those feelings.

*not that there should be any stigma with being “mentally ill”, but there often is, and the fear of that is a large potential barrier for people getting help.

By *ifeCouple66Couple  over a year ago

Fife

It's the international break in the footy... absolute wank

By *oppolocosTV/TS  over a year ago

inverurie

It's a very shit time. There's the financial crisis, energy prices are horrific, there's the climate crisis, the war in Ukraine with Putin threatening to go nuclear. Brexit is dragging things down, the UK is breaking up. I'm kind of surprised more of us aren't in a state of depression.

Just got to find something that's good, that cheers you up. For me it's opening my wardrobe and seeing dresses, skirts and tops openly hanging there. It's practising painting my nails. Small things, but once you can focus on something positive it becomes easier to find other things to like.

By *oppolocosTV/TS  over a year ago

inverurie

"It's the international break in the footy... absolute wank"

Trye, but Scotland are winning!!!

By *hrills_n_spillsCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Loads of good chat on here already, but this shit can really sneak up on you so good to open up about it.

Everyone is different, but I find exercise (even a brisk walk in the park), diet, and chatting face to face with trusted friends all help.

Also, I seem to feel worse when my screen time goes up.

Do not just soldier on, do not feel guilty about taking some "me time" and doing something you think might be enjoyable or relaxing.

Stay well guys n gals x

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

If I heard the radio correctly, it’s the autumn equinox. In days gone past when the sun was worshipped, it was the start of the winter months.

I personally look forward to the winter equinox , that way summer months are ahead.

Look forward to getting a meet and sharing some heat.

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

If I heard the radio correctly, it’s the autumn equinox. In days gone past when the sun was worshipped, it was the start of the winter months.

I personally look forward to the winter equinox , that way summer months are ahead.

Look forward to getting a meet and sharing some heat.

By *lbie6Man  over a year ago

glasgow

You are not the only one feeling low

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

Never the only one , always try to speak to someone x

By *lbie6Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Know the feeling