FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > socials

socials

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urioduo OP   Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Having been site members for over 5 years now and have attended something like 15 socials all of which have been fantastic with varied venues, locations and themes. alas though we are sadly begining to think that socials have had their day as far as big venues and lots of people attending with lunches and drinks nights now being the way things are going. Is it just us or do others feel likewise and do you think at some point socials will take off again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

There's almost certainly a place for all sorts of events in the calendar but there seems to be no doubt that larger events are more prone to reaches of security.

What astonishes me is that there are plans for events stretching into the middle of 2013.

I've yet to decide what I'm doing next weekend

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

my opinion:

too much hassle for the organisers and people not paying till too late in the day and the worry that brings.

they can be more about the organisers self importance & that puts people off.

often dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

politics

inclusion or not of new members

and if I am honest, I think there were too many and numbers diluted, others will disagree with that and that is cool. ( they were competing with each other )

shame as many good times had.... if they do run... all the very for a great time x

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

best*

Glasgow

"my opinion:

and if I am honest, I think there were too many and numbers diluted, others will disagree with that and that is cool. ( they were competing with each other )

"

I got shouted down for suggesting this some weeks ago.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

its too much hassle to organise socials on this site. On the other sites I organise nights for, there always well attended (over 150 guests a time), never any problems or hassles with payments etc and never the fall outs that always seem to happen on here

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I dont think big socials have had their day but do think maybe keeping them for special times such as christmas/valentines/Halloween and such like would be better... with lunch n drinks nites inbetween ...as regards to them being booked so far in advance especially at peak times such as christmas places book out quickly hence why you need to book so far in advance .

Glasgow

Why 'special times'?

1) as you say, venues are busy and expensive and

2) folks have other things to do.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"my opinion:

I got shouted down for suggesting this some weeks ago."

from me ?

"Why 'special times'?

"

Because everyone likes the socials when they are themed around these times they are always popular

Glasgow

"Why 'special times'?

Because everyone likes the socials when they are themed around these times they are always popular "

That sounds a bit like 'things are the way they are because they are the way they are'.

I have the highest regard for those who undertake organising socials/ balls etc. I wouldn't do it for a free shag, but I sometimes wonder if there isn't a bit of blinkered thinking about the whole thing.

lanarkshire

I agree that the best socials well all based around these times with themes. I have the upmost repect fot the organisors of the events but alas I thing the number of socials is making their job increasing more difficult

"Why 'special times'?

Because everyone likes the socials when they are themed around these times they are always popular

That sounds a bit like 'things are the way they are because they are the way they are'.

I have the highest regard for those who undertake organising socials/ balls etc. I wouldn't do it for a free shag, but I sometimes wonder if there isn't a bit of blinkered thinking about the whole thing."

For the record i wouldnt do it for a free shag either

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a drinks night is a social

lanarkshire

it is indeed _iew ... so when we going lol

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"it is indeed _iew ... so when we going lol"

anytime mr c, sorry I missed you both last weekend, I got my dates mixed up

"a drinks night is a social "
Well yes your are of course correct View but to me i regard a social to be more a booked private function than drinks in a bar x

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"a drinks night is a social Well yes your are of course correct View but to me i regard a social to be more a booked private function than drinks in a bar x"

I get that Jac

Glasgow

"a drinks night is a social

Well yes your are of course correct

View but to me i regard a social to be more a booked private function than drinks in a bar x"

Isn't that where the possibility of problems begins?

Why does it have to be a 'booked private function'?

lanarkshire

numbers

View but to me i regard a social to be more a booked private function than drinks in a bar x

"

Well if you can tell me of a place where anywhere between 50/100 people can just turn up and get in no problem then let me know and il check it out

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

I agree Jim ... it seems to be a competition regarding the larger social events now .... no more for us x

lanarkshire

think the problem is theres too many that and the fact the site has grown so much over the last 18 months or so and I don't think its for the better

There was about 80 of us that went to a cpl of normal pubs in Edinburgh after the ball was cancelled and it was a great nite xxx

"Having been site members for over 5 years now and have attended something like 15 socials all of which have been fantastic with varied venues, locations and themes. alas though we are sadly begining to think that socials have had their day as far as big venues and lots of people attending with lunches and drinks nights now being the way things are going. Is it just us or do others feel likewise and do you think at some point socials will take off again "

no, dont say that,,,lol we have been here nearly 3 yrs and believe it or not we have never attended a large social, but are doing so before the new year. so fingers crossed its a cracking experiance. why not come along, see how it feels????

View but to me i regard a social to be more a booked private function than drinks in a bar x

Well if you can tell me of a place where anywhere between 50/100 people can just turn up and get in no problem then let me know and il check it out "

christ, more than 5 guys out together in glasgow and yer struggling to get in,,,we have s=to split up into managable portions,,,,lol

lanarkshire

we may attend again in future but for now giving them a miss

Well if you can tell me of a place where anywhere between 50/100 people can just turn up and get in no problem then let me know and il check it out

christ, more than 5 guys out together in glasgow and yer struggling to get in,,,we have s=to split up into managable portions,,,,lol"

shut up ya dafty lol

christ, more than 5 guys out together in glasgow and yer struggling to get in,,,we have s=to split up into managable portions,,,,lolshut up ya dafty lol "

finally, someone recognises me for who i am,,,,,,lots of love sent your way,,,,,lol pubs in gourock dont allow any people who have been to christenings or funerals etc,,,blanket ban....and they also have stopped the sale of alcopops,,,,,thats what makes gourock shite,,,,lol

christ, more than 5 guys out together in glasgow and yer struggling to get in,,,we have s=to split up into managable portions,,,,lolshut up ya dafty lol

finally, someone recognises me for who i am,,,,,,lots of love sent your way,,,,,lol pubs in gourock dont allow any people who have been to christenings or funerals etc,,,blanket ban....and they also have stopped the sale of alcopops,,,,,thats what makes gourock shite,,,,lol"

Lmfao

We have been to both socials which are larger and professionaly organised and smaller house based private ones. To us a social is where we get to meet people in the same mindset us us whom we would probably never had met. We have become friends with people we met at both types. They take different forms and hopefully continue as a great way to meet, be social and lead to better things

Lobed the social sode but thays gone now ,last we were at was a disgrace ,pub new we were with swingers and it ruined it for us .

By *arkchestCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

We used to go to a lot of socials on another site which has now died a death and they were always really good nights. Everyone had a great time but i do agree with View that politics took over and folk didnt turn up or cancelled and some even complained at a fiver a ticket which consisted of your night with a buffet. Your cant even get two drinks for a fiver these days. The organisers had to put up with so much hassle and stress. However i do know a lot of folk including ourselves who miss the socials and I myself have personally tried to organise just a drinks social in a pub in Edinburgh where people with the same mindset can get together and get to know each other with the hope of possible more social nights, parties meets, whatever folk are looking for but we didnt get much of a response on the other site. I have put a date for next Saturday for a social afternoon/evening for anyone who wishes to come along for drinks and a laugh but again numbers are not great. Still a good enough number going for a good night out though but anyone that wants to come along please pm me and let me know and i will let you know the time and venue nearer time. What else can one do to try get folk meeting again!!!

Glasgow

Well if you can tell me of a place where anywhere between 50/100 people can just turn up and get in no problem then let me know and il check it out "

"I agree Jim ... it seems to be a competition regarding the larger social events now .... no more for us x"

Why does it have to be 50/100 people, especially 50/100 people, many of who don't know each other?

For a very long time, pre internet and pre mobile phones there was a busy 'social' scene in Glasgow - all word of mouth amongst people who knew and could vouch for each other and the one or two newbies they brought along.

Because of the location it would sometimes evolve into a party at a flat, sometimes not but it was never outed or exposed in the media.

I agree Jim ... it seems to be a competition regarding the larger social events now .... no more for us x

Why does it have to be 50/100 people, especially 50/100 people, many of who don't know each other?

For a very long time, pre internet and pre mobile phones there was a busy 'social' scene in Glasgow - all word of mouth amongst people who knew and could vouch for each other and the one or two newbies they brought along.

Because of the location it would sometimes evolve into a party at a flat, sometimes not but it was never outed or exposed in the media."

why not 50/100 ive done for smaller too

Glasgow

"..........why not 50/100 ive done for smaller too"

You've explained why yourself.

When you get to those sort of numbers you get into finding a suitably sized venue, bookings, payments, Paypal and trying to keep the purpose secret.

On the face of it, they're a disaster waiting to happens, as the Masked Ball showed.

"..........why not 50/100 ive done for smaller too

When you get to those sort of numbers you get into finding a suitably sized venue, bookings, payments, Paypal and trying to keep the purpose secret.

On the face of it, they're a disaster waiting to happens, as the Masked Ball showed."

yeah ok

By *issyForDommeTV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

I once made a comment in a thread about socials and how on here the seem to be a bit of a clique, all the places get automaticly taken up by the regulars and the newbies cant even get on a resesve list. I'm a regular on the kink scene and in that comment i talked about how we have 'informal' socials/munches and a pub where 50-70 of us meet up monthly-it was deleted supposedly because i named the pub. Reserve an area for no charge as they know you're bringing business and folk can just turn up and get in no problem.

On the face of it, they're a disaster waiting to happens, as the Masked Ball showed.yeah ok "

owah,,,,well whoever tags on wi us after the disaster will have a hoot,,,,,

I once made a comment in a thread about socials and how on here the seem to be a bit of a clique, all the places get automaticly taken up by the regulars and the newbies cant even get on a resesve list. I'm a regular on the kink scene and in that comment i talked about how we have 'informal' socials/munches and a pub where 50-70 of us meet up monthly-it was deleted supposedly because i named the pub. Reserve an area for no charge as they know you're bringing business and folk can just turn up and get in no problem."

newbies attending,,,,first social for us.

I once made a comment in a thread about socials and how on here the seem to be a bit of a clique, all the places get automaticly taken up by the regulars and the newbies cant even get on a resesve list. I'm a regular on the kink scene and in that comment i talked about how we have 'informal' socials/munches and a pub where 50-70 of us meet up monthly-it was deleted supposedly because i named the pub. Reserve an area for no charge as they know you're bringing business and folk can just turn up and get in no problem."

The socials ive organised i always kept back 25 places for newbies but due to recent events im very weary of doing that now but have devised a way of hopefully welcoming newbies to socials ...and i even organised a socials for newbies but the idea i must admit didnt go down too well with regulars ..I went ahead with it anyway and it was a huge sucess

Just wondering how you organise your events ?

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Well, we've been to a few 'drinks' nights and one organised social event and all went well but that's before the issue of national press and media taking an active interest.

Finding a safe, comfortable and decent venue, especially so close to Christmas with the organised office party's, must have been a task in itself so well done Miss Nawty.

A drinks night is ideal way for peeps to meet and chat as long as they are in the 'body of the kirk' so to speak. Defeats the purpose if peeps attending are cast four corners to the wind and we have to watch their p's and q's or worse than that, engage in conversation with someone who isn't a fab member.

glasgow

I once made a comment in a thread about socials and how on here the seem to be a bit of a clique, all the places get automaticly taken up by the regulars and the newbies cant even get on a resesve list. I'm a regular on the kink scene and in that comment i talked about how we have 'informal' socials/munches and a pub where 50-70 of us meet up monthly-it was deleted supposedly because i named the pub. Reserve an area for no charge as they know you're bringing business and folk can just turn up and get in no problem.The socials ive organised i always kept back 25 places for newbies but due to recent events im very weary of doing that now but have devised a way of hopefully welcoming newbies to socials ...and i even organised a socials for newbies but the idea i must admit didnt go down too well with regulars ..I went ahead with it anyway and it was a huge sucess "

I understand the newbie to the site concerns given recent events, i was more talking about newbies to the social side.

@ DisneyFullSwap i wish yous well, maybe as you're active-hyper active more like on the forums you wont be made to feel unwelcome unlike another couples first social they mentioned about.

@ Naughty MissD in that case i applaud you and keep it up. I'd just like to see a bit of a mix up of social meets that are a bit more all inclusive and low key.

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I have to say I must've missed the bus and gotten into the social scene too late to have experienced them at their peak as everyone ive been too (that weren't cancelled last minute that is) were nowhere as good as I had expected,such a shame

I once made a comment in a thread about socials and how on here the seem to be a bit of a clique, all the places get automaticly taken up by the regulars and the newbies cant even get on a resesve list. I'm a regular on the kink scene and in that comment i talked about how we have 'informal' socials/munches and a pub where 50-70 of us meet up monthly-it was deleted supposedly because i named the pub. Reserve an area for no charge as they know you're bringing business and folk can just turn up and get in no problem.The socials ive organised i always kept back 25 places for newbies but due to recent events im very weary of doing that now but have devised a way of hopefully welcoming newbies to socials ...and i even organised a socials for newbies but the idea i must admit didnt go down too well with regulars ..I went ahead with it anyway and it was a huge sucess

I understand the newbie to the site concerns given recent events, i was more talking about newbies to the social side.

@ DisneyFullSwap i wish yous well, maybe as you're active-hyper active more like on the forums you wont be made to feel unwelcome unlike another couples first social they mentioned about.

@ Naughty MissD in that case i applaud you and keep it up. I'd just like to see a bit of a mix up of social meets that are a bit more all inclusive and low key."

As a social organisor im happy to listen to all suggestions anything to get the social seen back to where it was has to be all good .

Also very happy to speak to other social organisers regarding future events ....

Glasgow

" .........

......................."

Whoever 'outed' the Ball is as likely to have been a pissed-off long-term member as a newbie.

glasgow

I once made a comment in a thread about socials and how on here the seem to be a bit of a clique, all the places get automaticly taken up by the regulars and the newbies cant even get on a resesve list. I'm a regular on the kink scene and in that comment i talked about how we have 'informal' socials/munches and a pub where 50-70 of us meet up monthly-it was deleted supposedly because i named the pub. Reserve an area for no charge as they know you're bringing business and folk can just turn up and get in no problem.The socials ive organised i always kept back 25 places for newbies but due to recent events im very weary of doing that now but have devised a way of hopefully welcoming newbies to socials ...and i even organised a socials for newbies but the idea i must admit didnt go down too well with regulars ..I went ahead with it anyway and it was a huge sucess

@ Naughty MissD in that case i applaud you and keep it up. I'd just like to see a bit of a mix up of social meets that are a bit more all inclusive and low key.As a social organisor im happy to listen to all suggestions anything to get the social seen back to where it was has to be all good .

Also very happy to speak to other social organisers regarding future events .... "

Social used to be great on here a few yrs ago...

Yip I agree they started to go downhill the more frequent they became

Used to only be a Valentine,halloween and Xmas social...the amount if good friends and great night's we had will be missed.

Auds

Glasgow

"..........As a social organisor im happy to listen to all suggestions anything to get the social seen back to where it was has to be all good .

Also very happy to speak to other social organisers regarding future events .... "

Nee Naw Nee Naw. Committee alert

"..........As a social organisor im happy to listen to all suggestions anything to get the social seen back to where it was has to be all good .

Also very happy to speak to other social organisers regarding future events ....

Nee Naw Nee Naw. Committee alert "

glasgow

" .........

Whoever 'outed' the Ball is as likely to have been a pissed-off long-term member as a newbie."

Now that's just opening up a whole new can of worms-anyone joined the site in the past few months cant be trusted, neither can the members who've been on longer but never been to a social...and now those that have been on and maybe have/maybe not been to a social!

No wonder everything seems inclusive to those who already know each other...nobody trusts each other now unless they're already known!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i'm quite surprised by some of the comments on this thread.

organising a social must be time consuming,mega hassle,and now worrying,why anybody does it,is beyond me,but happy days,they do.

socials are not compulsory,so if you don't fancy it,don't go.

if you want,a different kind of social,organise one.don't whine about the the kind of socials people do organise,and many people do enjoy.

as for people saying socials have had their day,and they're not as good,bull.

going out and having a good time,is not someone else's responsibility.if you go,and don't enjoy,maybe you should question your own attitude,rather than point the finger at someone else.

Glasgow

" .........

Whoever 'outed' the Ball is as likely to have been a pissed-off long-term member as a newbie.

Now that's just opening up a whole new can of worms-anyone joined the site in the past few months cant be trusted, neither can the members who've been on longer but never been to a social...and now those that have been on and maybe have/maybe not been to a social!

No wonder everything seems inclusive to those who already know each other...nobody trusts each other now unless they're already known!"

That's what I said above about meetings (whatever they're called) by word of mouth and attendees vouching for their guests.

It isn't foolproof but it's a damn sight safer than the cyberspace equivalent of the Town Crier issuing an open invite to anyone with a couple of quid burning a hole in their sporran.

" .........

No wonder everything seems inclusive to those who already know each other...nobody trusts each other now unless they're already known!

That's what I said above about meetings (whatever they're called) by word of mouth and attendees vouching for their guests.

It isn't foolproof but it's a damn sight safer than the cyberspace equivalent of the Town Crier issuing an open invite to anyone with a couple of quid burning a hole in their sporran."

so thats how you organise your events it is ?

Glasgow

" ........so thats how you organise your events it is ?"

As I'm sure I explained to you (or someone) some weeks back, I gave up organising such events a number of years back when the (pardon the expression) amateurs* got involved.

* that's not in the amateurs do it for nothing, professionals get paid sense.

" ........so thats how you organise your events it is ?

As I'm sure I explained to you (or someone) some weeks back, I gave up organising such events a number of years back when the (pardon the expression) amateurs* got involved.

* that's not in the amateurs do it for nothing, professionals get paid sense."

No you didnt explain anything to em a few weeks ago ...so in what sence do you mean by Amatures then?

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

" ........so thats how you organise your events it is ?

* that's not in the amateurs do it for nothing, professionals get paid sense."

every party ive been to has almost exclusively run by your words "amateurs" the few "professional organised" ones have been boring dull and very orchestrated to the social organisers well done and keep up the good work

Glasgow

" ...so in what sence do you mean by Amatures then?

"

By amateurs I mean those with more enthusiasm than expertise.

By *az n davy42Couple  over a year ago

Ayr

Loads of different angles on this forum but have socials had there day - No I dont think so - just yes we have to be a bit carefull and people have to learn to pay up early to help the organisers.

Yes Davy and I have put up for socials into middle of next year as we said we would do one every 4 mths and beleive it or not to get a sat night at a venue where we can keep costs low for people we have to book that far in advance, 13 July was the first Sat we could get next year unless we wanted 08 Feb which we felt was too close to others, and after Xmas.

Do we have to have private function rooms - well yes if we want our own entertainment, food and laugh - in a open bar you dont know if the person next to you is a swinger or not so info could get out easier.

As to Amatures, well we think enthusiasm is just as important as long as you know what you want although both Davy and I have had years of experiance organising parties and entertaining and I dont mean on the swinging side of things.

Competing against each other - I dont think this really happens although sometimes a clash but normally sorts itself out - JandS used to promote ours as we promed theirs just the same I think it just depends where people want to go to a social and what area after all is a social not about meeting ppl that we chat to on here face to face as I say - meet old and make new friends!

Well ive said my long piece - just my opion

Drinks n laffs in a good ole pub does me x

If folk turn up they turn up. If not plenty of other mere punters in the pub to mingle with x

By amateurs I mean those with more enthusiasm than expertise."

so your saying you need to be an expert to organise one? What utter tosh.....organisers do the ground work its the people who attend that make them the success they are

lanarkshire

not been to a drinks night after last one we were at........ my wife saw a vanilla couple she knows so after they waved to her she went over and had a chat...... shortly after they left the pub when someone who was pissed went over and asked them what their swinging name was and how long they been on the site ..... ma wife's not seen or spoke to them since .... so if we were to attend another social it would be private venue and not just a pub gathering

"not been to a drinks night after last one we were at........ my wife saw a vanilla couple she knows so after they waved to her she went over and had a chat...... shortly after they left the pub when someone who was pissed went over and asked them what their swinging name was and how long they been on the site ..... ma wife's not seen or spoke to them since .... so if we were to attend another social it would be private venue and not just a pub gathering "

By amateurs I mean those with more enthusiasm than expertise.so your saying you need to be an expert to organise one? What utter tosh.....organisers do the ground work its the people who attend that make them the success they are"

Exactly. And how may I ask do you become an expert in organising swinging socials? Is there a training course??

Come on ppl too much negativity!

Lighten up and support the ppl that are trying to do good things for fab and it's members.

"Come on ppl too much negativity!

Lighten up and support the ppl that are trying to do good things for fab and it's members. "

Thats the whole point leggz its all about bringing people together in a relaxed happy atmosphere,i love arranging the socials, i love bringing people together and i love sitting back on the night and seeing people mixing and making new friends and just having such a fun nite out

By *avy42 n jazCouple  over a year ago

Ayr

"i'm quite surprised by some of the comments on this thread.

organising a social must be time consuming,mega hassle,and now worrying,why anybody does it,is beyond me,but happy days,they do.

socials are not compulsory,so if you don't fancy it,don't go.

if you want,a different kind of social,organise one.don't whine about the the kind of socials people do organise,and many people do enjoy.

as for people saying socials have had their day,and they're not as good,bull.

going out and having a good time,is not someone else's responsibility.if you go,and don't enjoy,maybe you should question your own attitude,rather than point the finger at someone else."

very nicely put mate, socials is what people make it, bugger all to do with hosts, what events, what themes, can hold a social any time o year, and for socials going up on advance, easy answer is so people wanting to come can orginiese, hotels, sitters, holidays from work ,,,

Ayr

reading this post am pissing myself laughing at some o the things in it,

someone said about the ball,

steve n joe held the best socials out, and no one could beat them for entertainment and orginising,

just some prick had a grudge against steve n joe and ruined it for nearly everyone, more so new members,

and someone said is it a way to get a shag,,, NO ITS NOT AS ITS A NO PLAYING EVENT,

socials dying, mmmm so far ones we hold been ok,

and agree to run a social is hard, but personally a was peed off the socials always up in glasgow/fife/edinburgh, none in ayrshire, so jan does the hard work a do the entertaining,

as someone said, dont bitch about socials, if you dont like socials or venues, dont read, dont post and also dont come, simple

lanarkshire

surely as it is a forum it is open for discussion by all and everyone is free to post their thoughts whether they agree with topic or not .... just my opinion

Ayr

ooooo and p,s someone said about amature event holders,

a was an amature at doing social events, so was jan,

a have over 30 years in the entertaining department,

jan also just being jan makes a great host, and someone else said about running venues, will say if anyone needs a hand or advice, feel free to message, and seems to me only two people now do them in scotland looking at this post , so someone start doing them in other places please so we can attend

Ayr

"surely as it is a forum it is open for discussion by all and everyone is free to post their thoughts whether they agree with topic or not .... just my opinion "

yes true, but for people to post thats never been to one,

or for people to condem them because of a few bad experances, socials ment to be fun, party, great night, enjoying getting a chance to let hair down with people who swing, and not hiding it or looking over a shoulder in a pub

Edin

"surely as it is a forum it is open for discussion by all and everyone is free to post their thoughts whether they agree with topic or not .... just my opinion "

funny thats what I thought too! x

edinburgh

We have attended many socials over the years and they have all been great nights. Lets you meet other people and they are always a good laugh. Some folk mention the word clique but to me its not cliquey its just becuase folk who do go to socials get to know each other hence why they speak to each other more easily. The socials we went to have died a death due the the folk moving away or to bitchy comments which unfortunetly put the organisers off doing it. It is a lot of work for organisers to do this and my hat goes off to them. I am organising a social drinks evening next Sat in Edinburgh so anyone wishing to come its in the meets section. Drop me a PM if your interested.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

We have not ben to a social for over a year now due to most falling on the wrong dates for us but we were at a lot previously and they were all good nights and very well run even though we presume they were organised by so called amateurs and not professionals.

Ayr

"We have attended many socials over the years and they have all been great nights. Lets you meet other people and they are always a good laugh. Some folk mention the word clique but to me its not cliquey its just becuase folk who do go to socials get to know each other hence why they speak to each other more easily. The socials we went to have died a death due the the folk moving away or to bitchy comments which unfortunetly put the organisers off doing it. It is a lot of work for organisers to do this and my hat goes off to them. I am organising a social drinks evening next Sat in Edinburgh so anyone wishing to come its in the meets section. Drop me a PM if your interested. "

is it in a pub, would love to go but works xmas night out,

and also someone said special events christmas valentines, halloween lol, dont need special events for socials, just makes them interesting to dress up, socials can be held any time as just an excuse to party and dance n meet people, and we try our best to make sure there is no clique at socials, we try n get everyone involved, by doing things like fabindales, fabets, chubindales lolgreat laughs all around with a special event,,,

Ayr

"We have not ben to a social for over a year now due to most falling on the wrong dates for us but we were at a lot previously and they were all good nights and very well run even though we presume they were organised by so called amateurs and not professionals."
am an amature lol

me just being me is a stand up comidian anyway as am stupid enough without even trying to be funny lol jan does the hard work, and no amature at the food department,

edinburgh

"We have attended many socials over the years and they have all been great nights. Lets you meet other people and they are always a good laugh. Some folk mention the word clique but to me its not cliquey its just becuase folk who do go to socials get to know each other hence why they speak to each other more easily. The socials we went to have died a death due the the folk moving away or to bitchy comments which unfortunetly put the organisers off doing it. It is a lot of work for organisers to do this and my hat goes off to them. I am organising a social drinks evening next Sat in Edinburgh so anyone wishing to come its in the meets section. Drop me a PM if your interested.

is it in a pub, would love to go but works xmas night out,

and also someone said special events christmas valentines, halloween lol, dont need special events for socials, just makes them interesting to dress up, socials can be held any time as just an excuse to party and dance n meet people, and we try our best to make sure there is no clique at socials, we try n get everyone involved, by doing things like fabindales, fabets, chubindales lolgreat laughs all around with a special event,,, "

Yes its in a pub folks....shame your unable to come...maybe in future if we have another. Have fun at your night out!!

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

"We have not ben to a social for over a year now due to most falling on the wrong dates for us but we were at a lot previously and they were all good nights and very well run even though we presume they were organised by so called amateurs and not professionals. am an amature lol

me just being me is a stand up comidian anyway as am stupid enough without even trying to be funny lol jan does the hard work, and no amature at the food department,

"

Reading your re_iews amteurs dont do so badly when it comes to socials

"reading this post am pissing myself laughing at some o the things in it,

steve n joe held the best socials out, and no one could beat them for entertainment and orginising,

just some prick had a grudge against steve n joe and ruined it for nearly everyone, more so new members,

and someone said is it a way to get a shag,,, NO ITS NOT AS ITS A NO PLAYING EVENT,

and agree to run a social is hard, but personally a was peed off the socials always up in glasgow/fife/edinburgh, none in ayrshire, so jan does the hard work a do the entertaining,

as someone said, dont bitch about socials, if you dont like socials or venues, dont read, dont post and also dont come, simple "

I too am pissing myself laughing at some of the comments on here ...for one id never say anyone held the best socials over any other organiser yes jo n steve done a fabulous job in the organising of the socials they done as do each and every one of the social organisers yeah and that does include myself lol.how you can say such a thing when u havent attended each and every social i dont know ..and i think this is where the comments have come in of people thinking organisers are competing against each other .

I for one dont compete against anyone i organise the socials people who want to attend turn up and as ive said before its the people attending that make the socials a success ..so lets not turn it into she/he does a better social than him/her please ...merry christmas every one @;-)

edinburgh

as someone said, dont bitch about socials, if you dont like socials or venues, dont read, dont post and also dont come, simple I too am pissing myself laughing at some of the comments on here ...for one id never say anyone held the best socials over any other organiser yes jo n steve done a fabulous job in the organising of the socials they done as do each and every one of the social organisers yeah and that does include myself lol.how you can say such a thing when u havent attended each and every social i dont know ..and i think this is where the comments have come in of people thinking organisers are competing against each other .

I for one dont compete against anyone i organise the socials people who want to attend turn up and as ive said before its the people attending that make the socials a success ..so lets not turn it into she/he does a better social than him/her please ...merry christmas every one @;-)"

Well said! And a Merry Xmas to you too.

"ooooo and p,s someone said about amature event holders,

a was an amature at doing social events, so was jan,

a have over 30 years in the entertaining department,

jan also just being jan makes a great host, and someone else said about running venues, will say if anyone needs a hand or advice, feel free to message, and seems to me only two people now do them in scotland looking at this post , so someone start doing them in other places please so we can attend "

Your more than welcome to attend a Glasgow social

By *1cebren4uWoman  over a year ago

clydebank

hahahahaha merry christmas to you all stop fucking moaning and start fucking shagging make love not war ffs grow up and stop acting like kiddies with your comments lol once again happy christmas and hope the new year is a good one for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbrennie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edin

"hahahahaha merry christmas to you all stop fucking moaning and start fucking shagging make love not war ffs grow up and stop acting like kiddies with your comments lol once again happy christmas and hope the new year is a good one for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbrennie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

On the face of it, they're a disaster waiting to happens, as the Masked Ball showed."

this is s bit of s one sided opinion and is because its your personal opinion which is fine.

We have been to both large and smaller socials from Fab and another site. We have had great nghts and not so great nights; we have met life long freinds at socials. I think the point here is that there are large, organised socials, drinks nights in bars and lunches all on offer here and people choose which they would prefer to attend. We prefer the large, organised socials - but thats our preference and nice to be able to choose. Yes there is a risk of being "outed" but hey, everytime we send a pic to someone we run the risk.

Politics and bitching are on every swingers site and in fact we left the site Atomic Raven refers to because the organisers started banning folks they didnt like, limited the amount of single guys, etc,. so would say our experience was not as good as Atomic's.

We have been members of the Scotland chat room since it started and where we rarely had double figures chatting and have to say yes Fab has it's faults but in our opinion less than other sites. We love the socials and yes there are loads - but again we like the ability to choose which ones suit us.

Hats off to those who organise them and you will know when they have reached the end of the road when folk stop going.

See you all at the xmas social next week xx

hi where are the socials we have been on here over a yr now and didnt know about them until i have read this we would love to attend one xx

"hi where are the socials we have been on here over a yr now and didnt know about them until i have read this we would love to attend one xx "
If you scroll down the forums ul find the socials advertised here xx

Ayr

you will find them advertised in forums, will be under social meetings, and hope you enjoy one when you go to one,

Ayr

as someone said, dont bitch about socials, if you dont like socials or venues, dont read, dont post and also dont come, simple I too am pissing myself laughing at some of the comments on here ...for one id never say anyone held the best socials over any other organiser yes jo n steve done a fabulous job in the organising of the socials they done as do each and every one of the social organisers yeah and that does include myself lol.how you can say such a thing when u havent attended each and every social i dont know ..and i think this is where the comments have come in of people thinking organisers are competing against each other .

I for one dont compete against anyone i organise the socials people who want to attend turn up and as ive said before its the people attending that make the socials a success ..so lets not turn it into she/he does a better social than him/her please ...merry christmas every one @;-)"

lol your wrong as normal mrs d, thats why jo n steve was always a success, as they know how to put on a great venue and entertainment, as for me, jan and YOU , we could not even tie there laces, so merry xmas to all,

Ayr

will just say this, mrs d does her socials her way,

jan does her social her way,

joe n steve did there social there way,

end of day, its who turns up and makes them a great night,

and not so much of what the social is or where, its what people can afford to go to, so maybe at end o day its no the socials thats dying, its the lack of money and what people can afford,,,,,

Im wrong as thats your opinion as mine is mine ...my socials have all been a big success thank you not that you can actually pass comment on since you've never been to any of mine ..oh and its missd not mrs

Edin

I for one dont compete against anyone i organise the socials people who want to attend turn up and as ive said before its the people attending that make the socials a success ..so lets not turn it into she/he does a better social than him/her please ...merry christmas every one @;-)

lol your wrong as normal mrs d, thats why jo n steve was always a success, as they know how to put on a great venue and entertainment, as for me, jan and YOU , we could not even tie there laces, so merry xmas to all, "

totally not true at all ... we have been here 5 years and attended many many socials in this time ... some have been in fantastic venues and had great entertainment ... I dont believe you were at any of those so perhaps not entirely accurate in what you say!

Ayr

a have been to socials when a was single,

some good, some waste o time,

some drinks nights when sometimes a would have been better sitting at home watching paint dry,

other drinks nights pure brill,

Ayr

o may i add you cant comment on one of ours either as you also never been to one of ours,

but this forum post has went way of track from question as posted,

to me socials still alive and kicking,

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and as was mentioned, no competitiveness at all

Ayr

pmpl, was thinking, hope to hell the papers aint reading this or we are all up next in the sun lol

Ayr

anyway gone from post, as going wrong way from question asked,

but my _iew, anyone can run a social, and learn from it and see if its for them or not,

but i agree with jan and d socials are hard to do, ma hat off to both o them for doing them,,,,,

Edin

"and as was mentioned, no competitiveness at all "

yip absolutely none x

"o may i add you cant comment on one of ours either as you also never been to one of ours,

but this forum post has went way of track from question as posted,

to me socials still alive and kicking,

"

I have never commented on how your socials are other than to say what ive heard through the forums that they are good nites

"and as was mentioned, no competitiveness at all "
grrr

"

Politics and bitching are on every swingers site and in fact we left the site Atomic Raven refers to because the organisers started banning folks they didnt like, limited the amount of single guys, etc,. so would say our experience was not as good as Atomic's.

"

you arent on the same site as the socials im refering to, i know, cause you've never been to my shop to buy the tickets for them x

[Removed by poster at 08/12/12 20:59:05]

all threads these days seem to get diverted from the op point!!!! shame

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

i love the socials ! chance to see old faces and click hopefully with new ones . just like any night out out some fantastic others just ok .end of day its what YOU make of it . if you arent happen with type of social ,way its run blah blah . then just dont go,and arrange one yourself then !!! leaves spaces for the meny people who do wanna go and have a good night .

maybe i just love chance to get glamed up or maybe i just wanna get my hands on a single guy who wants to meet regular hehe !

im not getting in to any school ground nit picking ,ANYONE who takes the time effort and responsibilty to arrange a social has my respect and support . my thanks for all who use their spare time to organize the events for others .xx

lol your wrong as normal mrs d, thats why jo n steve was always a success, as they know how to put on a great venue and entertainment, as for me, jan and YOU , we could not even tie there laces, so merry xmas to all, "

beg to differ...jands held 1 social and the disaster of a masked ball that did not happen...if the 1st social was soooo great why change the venue.?

But hey I think whoever takes on a social are brave.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

just a thought ..maybe its the nit picking ,one upmanship and the play ground mentality of some " there socials better than yours " which may put people off socials .not the actual type of social or venue the event held .

maybe less bitching and minding what others do and more just enjoying the events you want to attend in order . after all we are all adults capable of deciding what interests us and what doesnt or maybe i have too higher regard and faith in people .

"just a thought ..maybe its the nit picking ,one upmanship and the play ground mentality of some " there socials better than yours " which may put people off socials .not the actual type of social or venue the event held .

maybe less bitching and minding what others do and more just enjoying the events you want to attend in order . after all we are all adults capable of deciding what interests us and what doesnt or maybe i have too higher regard and faith in people . "

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

"

nope you are spot on atomic we aint, but we were and left because of the reasons we quoted. glad this is not the case any more. we dont like the politics or the moaning so well done for what seem to be fun socials

you arent on the same site as the socials im refering to, i know, cause you've never been to my shop to buy the tickets for them x"

"hahahahaha merry christmas to you all stop fucking moaning and start fucking shagging make love not war ffs grow up and stop acting like kiddies with your comments lol once again happy christmas and hope the new year is a good one for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbrennie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
You too Bren Hun xxx

» Add a new message to this topic