FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > 3d printing

3d printing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is any 1 els on here in to 3d printing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *askedmagician87Man  over a year ago

BONNYRIGG

Been 3D printing for a few years as a hobby. Mostly FMD on creality machine (ender 3 pro at the moment).

Nice i have been doing it about a year now got 7 fdm printers ender 3 pros and a ender 3 Pro v2 neo also sidewinder x1

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've got an ender 3 but not used it for years.

Had a resin printer for a while too.

Now I'm into laser engraving/cutting. Have diode and getting a CO² at the weekend.

Nice I want ti add more at some point

More?

What do you use 7 for?

Must a busy side hustle, or is it your full-time job now?

Hope to make it my full time job just building the printer farm up then I have plenty to print with if I get busy

By *o and peepCouple  over a year ago

falkirk

I can see plenty of uses in my trade for 3d printed parts and would be willing to give it a go but wouldn't know where to start lol

If you ever get a printer message me and al help you out with profiles for the printer and any other help I can give you I will

By *ANDA!Man  over a year ago

DUMFRIES

FINALLY!!!! a forum thread I can relate to!

Yes, I've owned 2 FDM printers for just over a year now, one is an Ender 3Pro that's had glass bed and silicone spacers upgrade, the other is an Endwr 3v2 ebay clone and both print as well as each other

Nice the ender 3 v2 neo is a really good printer the pic I put on here today that was printed in that

DUMFRIES

"Nice the ender 3 v2 neo is a really good printer the pic I put on here today that was printed in that "

I just checked it out, good looking prints. I haven't tried a lith yet but I will be in a couple weeks time. I've just finished a Hawk statue which is about 10" high, took about 27hrs total but its great print, just got to get some paint on it.

By what I've read we're planning similar things.

Nice there a pain to get tuned in right for them but 1s u have it right it's really good I print all diff thing got flexi factory stuff as well dirr dragons and pokemons

DUMFRIES

What slicer software do you use? I was using Cura but about 2 months ago it had an update and after that it just wouldn't load, so switched to Prusa slicer and IMO it's a fat superior slicer, mebbe just slightly more technical on the beginners level, but it gives far better prints than cura

I use both also have a look at superslicer it's like pursaslicer but has loads more on it I have a resin printer as well but the screen inside needs replaced but am.just going to sell it as can't be botherd with fixing it lol

DUMFRIES

I'll take a look at superslicer, thanks. I'm looking got a resin printer as my next printer but it's a while away yet. Lost my job a few months ago and I'm now signed off with severe MH issues and a right shoulder that doesn't work properly

I have mh issues as well but getting there now but if u need any help with printing stuff give me a message Al help as much as I can also you should get in to doing the Xmas baubles with the litho there a good turn over as well

DUMFRIES

May I add you as to not lose track?

Yip that's not a prob

If either of you fancy another printer my ender 3 is in the shed gathering dust. Am open to offers. One of the stepper motors needs reattached as I took it off to try it on my rotary for my laser.

Have a few rolls of filament that would def need drying out.

A thread that I can get behind lol, I've been wanting to start 3d printing for a while but don't know where to start as I do build up kits and would be great to do some custom parts for the kits but again still don't know what's the best or where to start.

DUMFRIES

"A thread that I can get behind lol, I've been wanting to start 3d printing for a while but don't know where to start as I do build up kits and would be great to do some custom parts for the kits but again still don't know what's the best or where to start. "

There's tons of resources out there, dedicated 3d printing groups on FB, forums etc. Join up, have a good browse and ask questions. Many many people show their prints and disclose the printer and setting they use and gather your info from there. I've seen buildup kits etc printed with both FDM and resin prints, with resin printing you can get better fine detail, but with FDM you have a far wider range of plastics to work with

Am going to sort out a discord for some stuff if yous would like a invite when it's done I can invite yous

DUMFRIES

"Am going to sort out a discord for some stuff if yous would like a invite when it's done I can invite yous"

Sounds good. I'm not overly familiar with discord but I'll find a way

By *othianGuy41Man  over a year ago

Eureka

Hi I purchased a CNC 3018 Pro with 7w Lazer attachment. I've not yet used the Lazer yet but been using easel pro but the free trial which is not asking me to pay for. To be honest I've no idea what I'm doing so any help would be greatly appreciated cheers

By *othianGuy41Man  over a year ago

Eureka

*Now*

I was looking at the 3018 cnc's and decided to go with just the laser.

Got a small form factor diode, then after a cpl months upgraded to another diode with a better laser and larger footprint. Made about £200 from personalised Xmas decorations, so putting that into a co2.

If you need any pointers feel free to ask

3D pervert printing. I thought I would search it and here it is less my cheeky ‘pervert’ addition.

Been printing and around all the various forms of cnc machines for around 20 yrs and specifically hands on with FDM machines for about 8 years starting at work and now at home for the last 5 years ish with an Anycubic Mega S. Which has been excellent - near perfect out of the box. Use Cura with little or no issues. Main variation is with filament. Filament quality and properties vary enormously - from intended variations to basic lack of quality cheap shite issues and of course humidity issues with pla and similar.

Was, with a couple of other borrowed machines, chucking out NHS visors during the pandemics 12 hours a day for about 6 weeks! The Anycubic survived and is still going strong and was truly abused during that period.

DUMFRIES

One thing I've never had an issue with is humidity. I've seen lots and lots of posts about pla not liking temperature extremes but I can't say I've had an issue. I print in the same area through the year, winter it's about 17/19 degrees and damp, summer is close to 30 and dry and never had an issue.

Also, never had a make of filament that didn't print. Only issue I've had is I had a 1kg roll of Sunlu, weights on the label said 1300g gross Inc spool, but total weight on the scales was just over 950g which says to me its about 350g short of filament.

» Add a new message to this topic