FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Lockerbie !!

Lockerbie !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

24 years ago today seems like yesterday

god bless..God Bless

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

omg weres the years gone

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Ive been to dryserf cemetry and seen the memorial to them all my pals grandpa was buried there if shadnt brought him to her farm for dinner that night he would have been killed as he was in the next house to the family who were incinerated

glasgow

Most of the kids from the st cyrus ubiversity who were killed would have been the same age as my daughter shes 44 tomorrow.The memorial is so moving if u are ever up that way go into the cemetry and see it

I drove to England today passing Lockerbie, i didnt realise today was the date. i have stopped before to just kind of pay respects. i would have stopped today if i had known.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's strange to think there's a big section of the population who weren't alive at the time or are too young to remember - probably most folk under 35 - whilst for others it's as clear as the day Jack Kennedy or John Lennon were killed.

The world changed forever for the worse that night over Lockerbie.

What shocked me most, was not only did the plane get blown up killing everyone on board, which was a terrorist statement but, the poor people on the ground got burnt to death too.... not sure why i feel that the airline was an ok target for the terrible terrorists. Maybe because in those days a lot of planes were taken as hostages , Germany, Africa Holland, lots got taken.But the family members on the ground in their houses really shocked me. I know all life is just as special, just that shocked the life out of me. RIP

i remember that day as if it was yesterday, we were living in berlin at the time

I remember that night very well walked back into the house with my mum and dad (after picking them up from the airport with my grandad) to my gran and sister in hysterics .... It was the plane my parents had flown back from Frankfurt on and had gotten off of in London it hit my parents hard as they had gotten to know and helped out a young mom and her 3 month old baby who perished that night

God Bless the lost souls go e but never forgotten

i was on duty when the news came in and along with a bus load of other officers arrived there about 7am next morning. the smell of aviation fuel was overwhelming as was the devistation.

this is one duty parade i will never forget.

and i hope the event will never be forgotten.........

glasgow

My pals son was asked to knock down a wall to a field so as the emergency vehichles could get to what they thought was a military aircraft cockpit they still thought at that tine it was a forces plane .My pal got out his digger when the lights were shone on the cockpit the reality hit home.As he was walking across that field his foot hit something soft he though it was a doll.It wasnt it was that baby

glasgow

My pals son was asked to knock down a wall to a field so as the emergency vehichles could get to what they thought was a military aircraft cockpit they still thought at that tine it was a forces plane .My pal got out his digger when the lights were shone on the cockpit the reality hit home.As he was walking across that field his foot hit something soft he though it was a doll.It wasnt it was that baby

glasgow

meant son .Its my girls birthday today most of the students from the univeraity who were on that plane would have been ages with her

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

We were living in England at the time and passed it when we came up for Christmas, the place was still strewn with pieces of the aircraft and the fields full of soldiers and police, also the size of the crater the plane made was unbelievable it was only feet from the A74 and it was a realy eerie feeling knowing that hundreds of people died there just hours before.

By *aturisttwoCouple  over a year ago

dumfries

We live closeby and remember the night very well.we heard the plane coming down but at the time we thought it was the RAF practising low flying.

"We live closeby and remember the night very well.we heard the plane coming down but at the time we thought it was the RAF practising low flying."

I do hope you don't lose any local friends in the aftermath.

By *aturisttwoCouple  over a year ago

dumfries

thank you but no we didnt......but we did know some folks who had to have some counselling afterwards..........the aftermath was horrendous.....x

» Add a new message to this topic