FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Verifications

Verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *berdeenMale OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I’ve been reading a lot of verifications lately, seems a lot are very one sided.

Two questions off the back of it.

1. What’s the etiquette?

2. Why would people that you have had a meet with not verify you?

Interested to see thoughts on this as surely to create a safer site for everyone that uses it, a proper verification would be helpful.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe they have verified each other and one has chosen not to show it? Or maybe one person said not to bother as they're not fussed for them?

By *assNGuyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Slightly off point to question but gives some background to squiggles response.

Really (from how we see it) only your first 3 really matter as then you have everything open... Glasgow socials, Camping events etc etc.

So all after the 3rd is just an optional to show in addition, show instead of another or not to show at all.

Getting verified is important after 3 it becomes very much meh if you want sure.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

There isn’t any etiquette really. There’s no requirement to verify anyone, it’s a bonus if they do and you can reciprocate.

Many get their first verification from a club or social meet up. People returning to Fab will often be verified by people they already know. You can’t give your first verification unless you’ve received one.

If you don’t give or receive a verification from a meet then maybe there was just nothing to comment on.

I’ll give verifications to any newbie that comes along to the quiz nights or who I’ve met for a coffee or at a club.

Some people have many verifications from the same profile as they meet regularly. Others who host socials often have many verifications but doesn’t mean they’ve played with all of them.

Verifications are useful to see that a profile is genuine.

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Verifications aren't compulsory, we've had meets where they haven't verified us even although we all had a good time. I'd be more interested in why people hide their verifications.

By *uffolkJohnMan  over a year ago

Newmarket

"I’ve been reading a lot of verifications lately, seems a lot are very one sided.

Two questions off the back of it.

1. What’s the etiquette?

2. Why would people that you have had a meet with not verify you?

The etiquette varies but if they haven't verified you after meeting you, then you are probably a weirdo.

Interested to see thoughts on this as surely to create a safer site for everyone that uses it, a proper verification would be helpful. "

New drinking game challenge, every time you read in a verification 'well what can I say about....' take a shot & thank me later

Paisley

"Verifications aren't compulsory, we've had meets where they haven't verified us even although we all had a good time. I'd be more interested in why people hide their verifications. "

There’s a few reasons-

People will avoid meeting some people based on who has verified them

People have been known to maliciously message people who have given verifications or conversely want to meet people others have specifically met

People judge on how many verifications you have

"New drinking game challenge, every time you read in a verification 'well what can I say about....' take a shot & thank me later "

Take two if it ends "treat her with respect" too

I hide my verifications because it's no one's business who iv met.

I show a green tick to show folk i actually meet.

That's enough.

"Verifications aren't compulsory, we've had meets where they haven't verified us even although we all had a good time. I'd be more interested in why people hide their verifications. "

Yeah I don't understand why some hide them when I have there's displayed on mine

By *hyme2020Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow Scotland

I genuinely think it’s like a status symbol for a lot of people. Oh look how many people have met me and reviewed me like an amazon product. I don’t show mine because it is nobodies business who I have met and how many. I am verified and that’s all that matters. If I was chatting to someone I was going to meet, and they asked to see any, I would maybe show them. I wouldn’t publish though. Equally as said before, I have been put off continuing chatting with others based on who has verified them as they seem to go with half the site. Just my opinion though

By *ert999400Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's a bit like trip advisor

By *adameGreyTV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

For me, my Fab page isn't a vanity project like a MySpace page. It is a tool I use to attract prospective meets.

I therefore have a handful of well-written, descriptive verifications published, given by people I have actually played with. I won't publish any veris that are poorly written or from people I haven't played with.

If someone doesn't have any published veris at all, I'll usually avoid.

Personally I don't get why "too many" veris is a problem, and I also don't get why veris from "the wrong sort" is a problem.

As long as everyone is safe and regularly tested, what's the issue if someone has slept with half the site? Personally, I'd like to see a new standard data point on fab profiles - date of last negative test!

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's a bit like trip advisor

"

I’m lazy with my profile but think verifications tell a better story about the person sometimes. As I say on my profile most are social veris and I don’t go looking for them.

Paisley

"Verifications aren't compulsory, we've had meets where they haven't verified us even although we all had a good time. I'd be more interested in why people hide their verifications.

Yeah I don't understand why some hide them when I have there's displayed on mine"

Personal choice. I wouldn’t think too deeply about it.

Paisley

Some people are judgemental when it comes to verifications even though we’re all on here for the same reason.

We’re all just entitled to our own opinions and base our decisions to meet people in different ways. Verifications are just one factor and it’s up to the individual how they treat verifications.

» Add a new message to this topic