FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Statuses

Statuses

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyme2020 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow Scotland

Why do people feel the need to post a status criticising and slagging off other people??

Nothing puts me off a man more than reading him slagging off other women to do with their size whether it’s bigger or skinnier. I don’t care what size, it’s the fact men feel the need to comment. I’m sure women do it too, but I don’t see them.

Surely everyone is entitled to have their preferences in what they are attracted to? If you are not their type or vice versa, just move on!

The latest one I have seen is this

“A lot of dumpy mediocre women on here, looking for tall, handsome, fit, intelligent, witty, well dressed men. Lol Why would they be interested in you?”

This from the 5ft 7 unverified man which says it all. He just can’t handle rejection!

There’s just no need for Arseholes like this!!

Rant over!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Glasgow Scotland

I told him so and he replied back to me saying “thanks for the tip but I have a meet arranged for tonight and tomorrow dumpy”

From a man who is the same height as me, I don’t think I’m the dumpy one!! I never criticise anyone’s appearance, but when they are an arse like that, they deserve it! Good luck if you are the one meeting a horrible guy like that!!

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

It's not just men who do this. I don't mind those updates tbh, shows their true colours and they can go straight on the block list x

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

Some people are just idiots, and are completely unaware that those statuses are being used as a filter. Some of my notes are filled with their whining statuses a mile long.

Anyone who slags anyone else off, bitches about how they aren't getting any at home, whines about being a 'Nice Guy' while women just meet arseholes, anyone who names and shames etc - all goes in the notes. Worth it's weight in gold, really.

There are those who don't confine it to statuses either. Last week I had a message from a 45yr old dressed like a ned informing me that I was too fussy, every pic of mine was a turn off, how he only likes 'athletes' and he doesn't know how Shogun could stand me, and offering to sell me a cross trainer.

Not sure how many athletes like their men dressed like they're a 20yr old going to T in the Park in the 90s, but you never know.

My fat arse took great delight in informing him that yes I am fussy and yet he still didn't make the grade

Glasgow Scotland

"Some people are just idiots, and are completely unaware that those statuses are being used as a filter. Some of my notes are filled with their whining statuses a mile long.

Anyone who slags anyone else off, bitches about how they aren't getting any at home, whines about being a 'Nice Guy' while women just meet arseholes, anyone who names and shames etc - all goes in the notes. Worth it's weight in gold, really.

There are those who don't confine it to statuses either. Last week I had a message from a 45yr old dressed like a ned informing me that I was too fussy, every pic of mine was a turn off, how he only likes 'athletes' and he doesn't know how Shogun could stand me, and offering to sell me a cross trainer.

Not sure how many athletes like their men dressed like they're a 20yr old going to T in the Park in the 90s, but you never know.

My fat arse took great delight in informing him that yes I am fussy and yet he still didn't make the grade "

You know fine he’s sitting at home with Pam and her sisters enjoying all your photos too much! Knob!

Glasgow Scotland

"It's not just men who do this. I don't mind those updates tbh, shows their true colours and they can go straight on the block list x"

That’s a good way of looking at it as I do block when I see this. I just had to have a rant at him first and then he blocked me lol

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

"Some people are just idiots, and are completely unaware that those statuses are being used as a filter. Some of my notes are filled with their whining statuses a mile long.

My fat arse took great delight in informing him that yes I am fussy and yet he still didn't make the grade

You know fine he’s sitting at home with Pam and her sisters enjoying all your photos too much! Knob! "

Yup!

By *isge BeathaWoman  over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

I use these types of status updates to filter out the idiots. Saw one the other week slagging off women over 50 and another being nasty about "curvy" and "fabulous" body descriptions.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I tend to use my status to vent how I'm currently feeling. Those that know me will understand why some of them have been pretty negative recently.

It's just meant to be a fun way of putting something over quickly, but naming and shaming in (Even generic ones) them should never be done.

Mandy

Glasgow Scotland

"I tend to use my status to vent how I'm currently feeling. Those that know me will understand why some of them have been pretty negative recently.

It's just meant to be a fun way of putting something over quickly, but naming and shaming in (Even generic ones) them should never be done.

Think we all use our statuses for this at times, but I just hate seeing people being nasty

Mandy"

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Think we all use our statuses for this at times, but I just hate seeing people being nasty"

I get that. It sorta relates to something I've found myself saying a lot recently, and it's amazing that on a site of "swingers" there are so many closed-minded and judgemental people.

I think a lot of people just need to relax a bit more.

Mandy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I told him so and he replied back to me saying “thanks for the tip but I have a meet arranged for tonight and tomorrow dumpy”

From a man who is the same height as me, I don’t think I’m the dumpy one!! I never criticise anyone’s appearance, but when they are an arse like that, they deserve it! Good luck if you are the one meeting a horrible guy like that!! "

I really don't know why guys act like this and send nasty replies. Like do they think you'll get their message, read it and be like "ohhh I was all wrong about you, let's meet up. You sound absolutely divine and I'd be lucky to be with you".

Take the knock back like a man and move on. Christ I'm pretty sure every single person on here will have been told "no thanks" at least once since they've joined. Just move on with a bit of self respect and act like a grown up.

Sorry that's a bit of a rant.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Now that Happy Valley is finished, I will pass my time reading ranty statuses...

It's great drama

Love a good status update!!

Helps my block list.

Glasgow Scotland

"I told him so and he replied back to me saying “thanks for the tip but I have a meet arranged for tonight and tomorrow dumpy”

From a man who is the same height as me, I don’t think I’m the dumpy one!! I never criticise anyone’s appearance, but when they are an arse like that, they deserve it! Good luck if you are the one meeting a horrible guy like that!!

I really don't know why guys act like this and send nasty replies. Like do they think you'll get their message, read it and be like "ohhh I was all wrong about you, let's meet up. You sound absolutely divine and I'd be lucky to be with you".

Take the knock back like a man and move on. Christ I'm pretty sure every single person on here will have been told "no thanks" at least once since they've joined. Just move on with a bit of self respect and act like a grown up.

Sorry that's a bit of a rant."

Exactly. It wasn’t the first nasty status he had posted either so just obviously isn’t a nice guy. Trash taking itself out lol

just attention seekers tbh they know some will reply to them in response to a status

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yep makes for an excellent filter as others have said, instant block! If I’m really not their type they won’t wanna be looking at my pics/profile anyway will they?

But I find the funniest of this type of commentary comes from people you’ve rejected. Like it’s not obvious they’re simply butt hurt and lashing out

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

You can say so much more in a forum post to slag people off

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I don't see the updates from guys but I see them moaning in the forums.

I only get to see the moaning ones from couples and women local to me because of my filters. Some of them are quite funny but that's because of the shocking spelling and grammar.

Just say there, their, theyre I hope u dont feel like this 4 to long.

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

From a man who is the same height as me, I don’t think I’m the dumpy one!! I never criticise anyone’s appearance, but when they are an arse like that, they deserve it! Good luck if you are the one meeting a horrible guy like that!! "

Says more about the women who would actually meet him if infact there are any

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

"Now that Happy Valley is finished, I will pass my time reading ranty statuses...

It's great drama"

My whole life is a ranty drama Mr View

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Ach you will never meet the guy mich less know him. Why worry about it.

If it happened in the street you would walk away, why take notice here.

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

I have to confess, I’ve not come across these updates, but there is no reason to be slaggi g people off. If something is not for you then just move on

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"Ach you will never meet the guy mich less know him. Why worry about it.

If it happened in the street you would walk away, why take notice here."

Cause its a status and its there to be read, and women meet these men so obviously we would worry about it

Glasgow Scotland

If it happened in the street you would walk away, why take notice here."

If I saw a man verbally abusing someone on the street about their appearance, I would like to think I would try and stand up for them. There’s no place for bullying in person or online. The reason it bothers me is because I hate when people think they are so perfect and that others aren’t or that everyone likes the same type of person that they can publicly say no one would want them. There will be a lot of very sensitive people on here who this can badly affect. If you prefer a 6ft 4 handsome god then maybe your 6ft 4 handsome god is on here just waiting for you. Doesn’t mean he would be my 6ft 4 handsome god. Same for the ladies. Your preference may be a size 10 or a size 24. Doesn’t matter, line up a row of size 10 ladies and they won’t be to everyone’s taste and vice versa. I just think there’s someone for everyone. Why shouldn’t we hope for what we are most attracted to physically. Or do we just assume we are not good enough? X

By *ylonfan38Man  over a year ago

Cumbernauldish

I have to comment on here because to be honest it disturbs me the amount of abuse you ladies have to take.

We are currently living in a time, quite rightly, where mens behaviour towards woman is being analysed and held up to them to see how their behaviour affects others. Particularly woman.

Personally I have been amazed how o oblivious I was to some actions I inadvertently did that would intimate woman. For example walking home. If there was a woman in front of me I wouldn't think twice about it. She on the other probably had her keys out worried I might attack her. Now I would cross the road to walk on the other side.

With all the things that are going on and woman being attacked by all sections of society its incredibly worrying that these people are oblivious to this,or, which is more likely they don't care and get off on intimidating woman.

Some times I just hang my head in shame.

Anyway, rant over.

PS moron men get your shit together and grow the fuck up.

Glasgow Scotland

"I have to comment on here because to be honest it disturbs me the amount of abuse you ladies have to take.

We are currently living in a time, quite rightly, where mens behaviour towards woman is being analysed and held up to them to see how their behaviour affects others. Particularly woman.

Personally I have been amazed how o oblivious I was to some actions I inadvertently did that would intimate woman. For example walking home. If there was a woman in front of me I wouldn't think twice about it. She on the other probably had her keys out worried I might attack her. Now I would cross the road to walk on the other side.

With all the things that are going on and woman being attacked by all sections of society its incredibly worrying that these people are oblivious to this,or, which is more likely they don't care and get off on intimidating woman.

Some times I just hang my head in shame.

Anyway, rant over.

PS moron men get your shit together and grow the fuck up. "

It is horrible that we are made to feel like this and yes you are right, I have had my keys out in my hand before while walking and seeing a man near by me. It’s terrible that we even think this, and equally terrible that innocent men like yourself then panic and think they better move. The whole point of my post though was I just hate how judgemental and horrible people can be about each others appearance. I said men because I don’t see what women post but I’m equally sure there are some horrible women in here as well. If someone not to your taste, just move on. Don’t try belittle and humiliate people because you think you are better than them and they can’t or won’t get what they like. Saw even more statuses last night and one was talking about fat munters who you wouldn’t go near in the street. It’s just never ending x

By *andy-FellaMan  over a year ago

Harthill

Absolutely.

Like others have said though, see that kind of thing and you know exactly what kind of shallow person you are looking at.

Mind you, as a bloke, I think my status gets read at least - more than I can say for any messages I send!

But, I am ALWAYS nice in anything I say. Honest.

Cause its a status and its there to be read, and women meet these men so obviously we would worry about it "

Don't read it and don't meet them...problem solved.

By *andy-FellaMan  over a year ago

Harthill

Cause its a status and its there to be read, and women meet these men so obviously we would worry about it

Don't read it and don't meet them...problem solved."

Easy said - but the status is there for all to see and if they're naming names then it's just not acceptable.

Just don't feckin do it - then the problem would actually be solved.

Don't read it and don't meet them...problem solved.

Easy said - but the status is there for all to see and if they're naming names then it's just not acceptable.

Just don't feckin do it - then the problem would actually be solved."

Enjoy yer day mate.

I don't see guys posts, but their are a few woman that do the same. One in particular isnt very nice when she posts. No need for it, I'm sure everyone has insecurities about themselves, don't need anyone pointing it out.

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't see guys posts, but their are a few woman that do the same. One in particular isnt very nice when she posts. No need for it, I'm sure everyone has insecurities about themselves, don't need anyone pointing it out. "

Absolutely it’s unacceptable behaviour from anyone

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Some people’s self of entitlement know no bounds on here. I very much doubt they’d say or act like they do in person

By *xymcsexingtonWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Makes it easier for me I know not to message the ones that slag off larger women or the plain moaning guys

Body shame is just another form of bullying, in my opinion it's a reflection of what's going on inside there own bodies and minds. The need to insult another human for any reason is also a reflection. And they would be the first to claim they where the ones not shown respect on there status and _iews.

By *abfiferMan  over a year ago

Fife

Everyone is lovely for embracing their bodies on here no matter if they are fat thin curvy chubby have disabilities etc, there is just some really sick minded individuals on this planet who get their kicks from abusing everyone, whatever your creed colour or look never stop embracing it folk, preach over xx

Because some people are the type of assholes where it puts a smile on their face to take one off someone else's.......

They're the type who have public arguments and overshare on Facebook......

I think they're referred to as mouth breathing Jeremy Kyle greenroom fodder by psychologists....

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Statuses do help with the filtering. Block list does get longer and people unfriended if I find them offensive.

There are consequences for naming and shaming I believe on statuses.

» Add a new message to this topic