FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Time-wasting verified couples

Time-wasting verified couples

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *some_lover_discreet OP   Man 51 weeks ago

Near Cumbernauld

Been speaking to a verified couple here for a few months, we were meant to meet last week but they went offline until after the agreed date then said a surprise birthday party came up, so they couldn't even go online to cancel.

Today I've turned up ( parked close by ) after yesterday they suggested meeting today and went into detail what they'd like to happen.

I had mailed them earlier this morning to confirm again as we all know things happen, no reply so I thought I'd drive over to the area anyway as the chat was so specific yesterday.

Nothing. Not online, so not read this morning's message, not messaged me to cancel.

First time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, we know things happen out the blue. But twice in a row?? Infuriating.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 51 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Been speaking to a verified couple here for a few months, we were meant to meet last week but they went offline until after the agreed date then said a surprise birthday party came up, so they couldn't even go online to cancel.

Today I've turned up ( parked close by ) after yesterday they suggested meeting today and went into detail what they'd like to happen.

I had mailed them earlier this morning to confirm again as we all know things happen, no reply so I thought I'd drive over to the area anyway as the chat was so specific yesterday.

Nothing. Not online, so not read this morning's message, not messaged me to cancel.

First time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, we know things happen out the blue. But twice in a row?? Infuriating. "

listen to your gut instincts they never let you down .

Alarm bells should have been ringing loud and clear when you got no reply to your email this morning .

You could have saved yourself a journey .

It it was all strange here then report the profile block & move on .

Near Cumbernauld

Yes, agreed. Thankfully not a big journey at all, but it's the principle. Hey ho, what to get up to now, I wonder? ??

By (user no longer on site) 51 weeks ago

I just hate timewasters, and so many on here, gives us genuine people a harder time to try and persuade couples and ladies we will show up as arranged.

I have only had to change plans once in all my time here both this profile and my old one. And i made every effort and was able to contact the lady in question was very short notice but at least she was informed. And that was a last minute work emergency.

"Been speaking to a verified couple here for a few months, we were meant to meet last week but they went offline until after the agreed date then said a surprise birthday party came up, so they couldn't even go online to cancel.

First time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, we know things happen out the blue. But twice in a row?? Infuriating. listen to your gut instincts they never let you down .

Alarm bells should have been ringing loud and clear when you got no reply to your email this morning .

You could have saved yourself a journey .

It it was all strange here then report the profile block & move on . "

First time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, we know things happen out the blue. But twice in a row?? Infuriating. listen to your gut instincts they never let you down .

You could have saved yourself a journey . here then report the profile block & move on . "

Ment if it was all arranged here then report the profile block & move on

Near Cumbernauld

Thanks, I figured that was what you meant.

By *hogun300Man 51 weeks ago

Dundee

Report and block

By *4Fun11Woman 51 weeks ago

Glasgow

What’s that saying….

fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

By *nubis282Man 51 weeks ago

Hamilton

Weird how this thread hasn't had the same reaction as another 'timewaster' thread from a couple days ago.

By *eiaorganaWoman 51 weeks ago

Dundee

First time I gave them the benefit of the doubt, we know things happen out the blue. But twice in a row?? Infuriating. "

I wouldn't have even left the house.

By *alcon43Woman 51 weeks ago

Paisley

Probably a single guy. I wouldn’t have left the house if they hadn’t responded to my message.

I always get confirmation that it’s going ahead before even getting ready.

There’s a few big social events being organised that may interest you. Have a look on the forum.

By *littlteBitMoreWoman 51 weeks ago

Scotland

"Weird how this thread hasn't had the same reaction as another 'timewaster' thread from a couple days ago. "

Probably because it's a single guy complaining about the behaviour of a couple?

By (user no longer on site) 51 weeks ago

It happened to us a month ago, we were meant to meet a couple. They message at 9pm to say they arrived at their hotel and were just eating. They never showed up. Turns out they arranged another meet and didn't met him either. We ended up having good night anyway, just rise above it and move on

By *ife2010Couple 51 weeks ago

Kirkcaldy

We have a good one!

Our last visit down south, we posted on here that we would be at a club on this date and if anyone else was going. Got a few replies, one couple seemed to be on our wavelength and communication was good.

Our profile states our sexuality and our preference, all seemed good and we were looking forward to the night.

Got to the club, the other couple were already there but had hooked up with another couple who had a bi female. Just completely ignored us.

Yeah, some couples are arseholes!

Didn’t let it ruin our night and we had a pretty good time.

Near Cumbernauld

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. The couple finally messaged me at 5pm last night ( meeting was agreed for 11am ) to say their daughter had been taken ill at school. I said that I couldn't see how between them neither had a minute to message beforehand.

Again, I get that stuff happens unexpectedly, but if you're genuine, make the effort to get in touch ASAP.

My quest continues

By *lipandslide069Couple 51 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Aye there are lots of single guy's who pretend to be couples or a female

By * and BCouple 51 weeks ago

Durham

"Yes, agreed. Thankfully not a big journey at all, but it's the principle. Hey ho, what to get up to now, I wonder? ??"

If they didn't have the decency to take 30 seconds the first time to let you know they couldn't make it a second chance wouldn't have happened if it was us, disrespectful people aren't worth the time of day in our opinion

By *otstuff69xCouple 51 weeks ago

dundee

to many timewasters and fakes about

Hamilton

"Aye there are lots of single guy's who pretend to be couples or a female "

Strange how when it's a couple that's being talked about as ditching a meet there is still the implication put forward that it's still a single guy.

The OP has said that he spoke with the couple on numerous occasions around both the meets that were set up and that there profile was meet verified, yet there is still the suggestion that they are actually just a single guy pretending.

Why not just a couple that flaked and bailed on the meet?

By *ongue FuckerMan 51 weeks ago

Glasgow

Just on the above post about the profile maybe being a fake single male. I have noticed a few couple profiles where you never hear of the female meeting but the guy is almost always available. I do tend to take all profiles with a pinch of salt because until they are meet verified by other reliable profiles you cannot be sure.

Hamilton

"Just on the above post about the profile maybe being a fake single male. I have noticed a few couple profiles where you never hear of the female meeting but the guy is almost always available. I do tend to take all profiles with a pinch of salt because until they are meet verified by other reliable profiles you cannot be sure."

Did you read what I wrote? I have referenced the OP stating that the couples profile was/is meet verified.

By *astlincscoupleCouple 51 weeks ago

Tinsel Town

This is why clubs are favored.

The OP states they had been speaking to them a while. Was this over the phone or just through fab?

We find it quite easy to spot the timewasters, especially the couples.

The time of day they contact you is normally a good give away.

The female isn't around and the guy is looking for wank fodder.

Always ask to speak to the female of the couple. If you get excuses walk away.

By *ofnungslosMan 51 weeks ago

town

It is a tricky one.

I often see updates slating others for cancelling meets but life does happen and sometimes things get in the way, however there is a line and the OP’s scenario does take the piss.

It’s just one of these crap things that come with the scene, for every real genuine profile there will be 2/3 fakes. It’s the modern age of online personas we are now in

By *uriousCouple_EdiCouple 51 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"I have noticed a few couple profiles where you never hear of the female meeting but the guy is almost always available. "

Omg, this^.

I don't know if it's bad luck but we've come across this way too often. I've also noticed a pattern where they won't provide any pics of the guy because he's 'shy' or some other crap. And he'll only send pics direct to my partner on Snapchat.

When we just started out we were naive enough to go through with it and she ended up with this weirdo messaging several times a day, every day asking for nudes and to meet her alone...

It happens so often we don't even give couples like that the benefit of the doubt anymore, it's like getting an email saying you've won the Nigerian lottery. Block and move on.

By *OSCCOSMITH69Man 51 weeks ago

glasgow / edinburgh

Firstly red flag… they ghosted you most likely a guy running a couples account without his mrs knowledge… second think with your big brain not your small one… get a social arranged face time… call over the phone make sure all parties are legit.

Then you make the arrangements and phone as your about to leave if they dont answer then dont leave its that simple… only yourself to blame that you drove to there home in the afternoon after not receiving any notification too do so

By *ongue FuckerMan 51 weeks ago

Glasgow

"

Did you read what I wrote? I have referenced the OP stating that the couples profile was/is meet verified."

I did but my post was on the post directly above mine and a general view of the majority. Your situation is difficult to assess and your frustration is understandable also.

By *stonDBS2Man 51 weeks ago

Kirkcaldy

"Aye there are lots of single guy's who pretend to be couples or a female

Strange how when it's a couple that's being talked about as ditching a meet there is still the implication put forward that it's still a single guy.

The OP has said that he spoke with the couple on numerous occasions around both the meets that were set up and that there profile was meet verified, yet there is still the suggestion that they are actually just a single guy pretending.

Why not just a couple that flaked and bailed on the meet?"

Female i know met a guy on here, trusted him with her password to her profile,,,(all wrong i know).I messaged her one day, asking if she fancied going out for something to eat, yeah sure, arranged time n where to go, standing outside waiting for her, sent a text,,,,,,,,all news to her, because it was him getting his jollies pretending to be her!!

» Add a new message to this topic