FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > One for the ladies

One for the ladies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xymcsexington OP   Woman 44 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Do any of you feel like you are wasting your time trying to talk to a potential play partner like messages go unread or not replied to. I understand people are busy but it doesn't take a minute to reply especially when are online

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

Not really people generally reply if they want to or when they've time.

By *BW_delightWoman 44 weeks ago

edinburgh

Nah, cos I'm the biggest culprit of replying when I'm in the mood to, which could be in an hour a day or a week later

By *hYouNaughtyKittenWoman 44 weeks ago

Fife

Not really. I don’t invest much of myself at all until I’ve met them in person and can then get a better read of what they’re actually like.

That said, if we’re chatting and the conversation is about arranging a meet and they start to take days to respond, I’ll be slightly irritated and I move on very quickly.

By *eiaorganaWoman 44 weeks ago

Dundee

Sometimes, and things end up fizzling out which isn't great. I also sometimes feel if they haven't asked for a play meet after a social then they're just looking to chat rather than meet.

Edinburgh

Thanks for the replys I feel that some folk are better in person it has been the case in the past.

I think I need to be more patient maybe I don't know people are hard to read

Edinburgh

"Nah, cos I'm the biggest culprit of replying when I'm in the mood to, which could be in an hour a day or a week later"

Guilty of this too ill usually apologise though

Edinburgh

"Not really people generally reply if they want to or when they've time. "

Yes mostly it's just some it's like getting blood from a stone

By *ellinever70Woman 44 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"Thanks for the replys I feel that some folk are better in person it has been the case in the past.

I think I need to be more patient maybe I don't know people are hard to read "

If someone is online and not reading or responding to your messages it's probably best to move on

Edinburgh

"Sometimes, and things end up fizzling out which isn't great. I also sometimes feel if they haven't asked for a play meet after a social then they're just looking to chat rather than meet."

That can get annoying had it happen before and I've tried to rekindle the chat and ended up meeting which was great

By *assy LassieWoman 44 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Nah, cos I'm the biggest culprit of replying when I'm in the mood to, which could be in an hour a day or a week later"

This^ sometimes I'm on checking the forums and can't be bothered chatting. As another poster said I don't invest very much time or effort until I've actually met in person

By *littlteBitMoreWoman 44 weeks ago

Scotland

If they arent responding I'd guess they arent interested.

By *lum81Man 44 weeks ago

Inverness

Well, obviously I’m not a lady but the reality for a man on here is that you are lucky if you get a reply to one in thirty messages. These aren’t one line ‘How’s you?’ messages either. Most are never opened, some are and are then immediately deleted and occasionally someone has the actual decency to write a ‘thanks but no thanks’.

It’s pretty demoralising really. It didn’t used to be like this on here.

Dundee

"Well, obviously I’m not a lady but the reality for a man on here is that you are lucky if you get a reply to one in thirty messages. These aren’t one line ‘How’s you?’ messages either. Most are never opened, some are and are then immediately deleted and occasionally someone has the actual decency to write a ‘thanks but no thanks’.

It’s pretty demoralising really. It didn’t used to be like this on here. "

Women check profiles before reading messages. Having pics would be an asset.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 44 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"Do any of you feel like you are wasting your time trying to talk to a potential play partner like messages go unread or not replied to. I understand people are busy but it doesn't take a minute to reply especially when are online"

Please excuse the interruption as a guy. I really didn't think the ladies would have this problem. My understanding is that you receive 100s of messages ranging from 'Hi' to 'I will destroy you' and your problem is the filtering out. From there I guess the ball is back in their court when you reply but you hold all the cards.

Men aren't dealing in 100's whether they are Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Ron Jeremy or John Merrick.

Dundee

"Do any of you feel like you are wasting your time trying to talk to a potential play partner like messages go unread or not replied to. I understand people are busy but it doesn't take a minute to reply especially when are online

Please excuse the interruption as a guy. I really didn't think the ladies would have this problem. My understanding is that you receive 100s of messages ranging from 'Hi' to 'I will destroy you' and your problem is the filtering out. From there I guess the ball is back in their court when you reply but you hold all the cards.

Men aren't dealing in 100's whether they are Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Ron Jeremy or John Merrick.

"

Yeah, some men seem to think that women can just look through our messages and go 'that one' and then sort out a meet. It really doesn't work like that.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 44 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"Do any of you feel like you are wasting your time trying to talk to a potential play partner like messages go unread or not replied to. I understand people are busy but it doesn't take a minute to reply especially when are online

Yeah, some men seem to think that women can just look through our messages and go 'that one' and then sort out a meet. It really doesn't work like that."

Agreed. Just look at the threads of all the guys that can't get a message replied let alone a meet. The pitiful soul's need a little reality check particularly if they can't string a few words together, intelligently

By *ustaman85Man 44 weeks ago

lanark

pretty sure iv messaged the OP before and sure got no response, which is totally fine. u get 100s of messages, or no connection etc,

but pot kettle black? maybe think of the reasons you don’t respond and maybe it’s the same you don’t get responses? just a thought, no menace in that, always harder in a message to ‘get a read’ haha

I would imagine that the OP will now be flooded with messages from blokes. Poor girl!

lanark

"I would imagine that the OP will now be flooded with messages from blokes. Poor girl!"

haha, very true, or was that the plan?

Edinburgh

"I would imagine that the OP will now be flooded with messages from blokes. Poor girl!"

No

Edinburgh

"I would imagine that the OP will now be flooded with messages from blokes. Poor girl!

haha, very true, or was that the plan? "

No plan at all I don't need this site to get laid.

lanark

"I would imagine that the OP will now be flooded with messages from blokes. Poor girl!

No plan at all I don't need this site to get laid."

was a wee joke, no menace intended x

By *ibliosWoman 44 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Not really - if folk can't, won't or don't make the effort to respond in a 'reasonable' time, or keep disappearing without explanation or popping back up with excuses I tend to conclude they're either not that interested and / or not reliable enough to make plans with. Either way, not worth losing sleep over!

Edinburgh

"Not really - if folk can't, won't or don't make the effort to respond in a 'reasonable' time, or keep disappearing without explanation or popping back up with excuses I tend to conclude they're either not that interested and / or not reliable enough to make plans with. Either way, not worth losing sleep over!"

Oh no I agree I'm just curious about others opinions about it

No plan at all I don't need this site to get laid."

I didn’t think it was your plan either but given the way some blokes treat ladies on here, they will be going, I messaged you but you never messaged back and get all abusive.

And I’m an old fart and we’ll outwith your age range lol

Edinburgh

Your not an old fart I just choose to meet within the age ranges I picked

Aww shucks, thanks. As you can see, I don’t take myself very seriously and if you can’t poke fun at yourself, that’s a tad sad in my book

I find it hard in general to find a woman to chat to, to even lead to a potential meet. Men just flood my inbox

By *cotsman269Man 44 weeks ago

Falkirk

"I find it hard in general to find a woman to chat to, to even lead to a potential meet. Men just flood my inbox "

You could set your filters to block men.

"I find it hard in general to find a woman to chat to, to even lead to a potential meet. Men just flood my inbox

You could set your filters to block men."

She has lol

Dundee

Whilst we all understand the difficulties that men have on here the discussion is about people you are talking to being a bit flaky, so perhaps get back to that.

Edinburgh

"Whilst we all understand the difficulties that men have on here the discussion is about people you are talking to being a bit flaky, so perhaps get back to that."

It seems like there is a fair amount of flaky people on here now it's a shame really

By *cotsman269Man 44 weeks ago

Falkirk

"Whilst we all understand the difficulties that men have on here the discussion is about people you are talking to being a bit flaky, so perhaps get back to that.

It seems like there is a fair amount of flaky people on here now it's a shame really"

Yeah you can chat and get on well then nothing.

Do your messages get lost with the rest ? Or is it to much choice for some on here ?

By *usta vaginesWoman 44 weeks ago

lanarkshire

As brutal as it sounds if someone's into you they reply , if it hard work then probs best moving on .

It is interesting that as a guy you can write something relative to a profile, pay full attention to clear instruction and send a face pic and it gets opened and ignored. (Not butt hurt just curious as to the logic)

I do understand it from a woman’s perspective as you guys must get hammered with messages. My question is if you’re message has been opened read and ignored is it best to just never message that person again and delete the message..? Not long on here so still figuring it out. Apologies for spamming the thread

Dundee

"It is interesting that as a guy you can write something relative to a profile, pay full attention to clear instruction and send a face pic and it gets opened and ignored. (Not butt hurt just curious as to the logic)

I do understand it from a woman’s perspective as you guys must get hammered with messages. My question is if you’re message has been opened read and ignored is it best to just never message that person again and delete the message..? Not long on here so still figuring it out. Apologies for spamming the thread "

The logic is that either they haven't found your profile or picture interesting/attractive. If there's no attraction why should they reply?

Fair point well made. The thought had crossed my mind…. Thank you for the reply

» Add a new message to this topic