FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Holidays

Holidays

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *din fun OP   Woman 35 weeks ago

Dumfries and Galloway

This is not a post you would expect to see on fab but I thought it would have biggest population of single people.

Where do single people go on holiday and what do you do? I'm not someone that generally holidays- infact I've never been abroad unless it's been with work.

Ideas would be appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 35 weeks ago

Can i recommend Berlin . The infrastructure was amazing ,no hanging about for buses or trains as these where very frequent, the people are amazing other than some what arrogant , but i honestly u would feel 110% safe through the day or evening , 110% i give it

By *unredWoman 35 weeks ago

Glasgow

I think a fab holiday would be good

By *ennyjMan 35 weeks ago

falkirk

Benidorm, always meet folk to chat too in most bars .....loads of singles go

By *utzdeepMan 35 weeks ago

aberdeenshire

"This is not a post you would expect to see on fab but I thought it would have biggest population of single people.

Where do single people go on holiday and what do you do? I'm not someone that generally holidays- infact I've never been abroad unless it's been with work.

Ideas would be appreciated."

I travel frequently for work worldwide for 20 years.

I don’t think there’s ever been a better time for solo holidays there’s a lot of deals/options out there.

It’s quite fashionable nowadays.

Personally I think you’ll never go wrong with Italy it’s absolutely gorgeous.

Enjoy wherever you decide!

By *avie65Man 35 weeks ago

In the west.

City breaks are good for solo travellers, I've done it a few times. You don't stickmout as much and restaurants cater more for singles.

Eating in Spain is easy as most places do tapas. You can sit at a bar and eat rather than a table for 2 or 4.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 35 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Tbf I think you could go just about anywhere on holiday and you will always have a great time .

As long as your happy just doing you !

You can just do your own thing or if your an outgoing person ul always find company & someone to chat with .

I’ve done a few solo trips from Ireland to the canaries and I’ve always had a great time just chilling by myself or chatting to others .

By *panksspankedMan 35 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I've done it a few times. City breaks are fun and walking tours etc a good way to meet people. I also did a couple of all inclusive trips. Make sure there's at least a child free section or an entirely child free hotel. Avoid school holidays when prices are better. Once you decide you're going it's surprisingly easy to have fun

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 35 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I've done it a few times. City breaks are fun and walking tours etc a good way to meet people. I also did a couple of all inclusive trips. Make sure there's at least a child free section or an entirely child free hotel. Avoid school holidays when prices are better. Once you decide you're going it's surprisingly easy to have fun"
I agree with the adult only hotels so easy to make friends at adult only resorts

By *aliskerWoman 35 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I love holidaying on my own. Pretty much anywhere in South East Asia is easy to do as a single female. I definitely recommend a bit of island hopping in Thailand

By *ert999400Man 35 weeks ago

Glasgow

Amsterdam for a city break. For 10 days or more for me as a single guy it was Tenerife, this Xmas it is Malta. Lone traveller has wheels can travel.

By *odgers and PartingCouple 35 weeks ago

edinburgh

Do a tour. Some of the back packing ones are amazing fun. Plenty laughs and you’ll meet a ton of new folk in one sitting.

By *alcon43Woman 35 weeks ago

Paisley

I’ve been to Germany on my own twice and would definitely go back. I felt safe and the transport is 24/7. I didn’t have any hassle at all with anyone

I flew with EasyJet and booked accommodation myself. Doing it that way I had no single person supplements. Booking a package holiday for one will usually charge extra for single occupancy.

By *ellsexileMan 35 weeks ago

GLASGOW

[Removed by poster at 22/09/23 01:00:57]

By *asyGoingMan123Man 35 weeks ago

Glasgow

Most of my travelling has been a single person - i love the experience of travel and seeing new places and meeting new people. Sometimes it's nice to share the travel experience with someone else but i also like the freedom travelling as a solo brings. I loved travelling around SE Asia but there are nice places closer to home - Croatia and anywhere around the Med. Just returned from Lisbon which was nice too. Sometimes i join city tours and sometimes i just wander by myself ...

» Add a new message to this topic