FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Safety - After Dark

Safety - After Dark

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *appyGirl43 OP   Woman 32 weeks ago

Glasgow

I am a single female and I was thinking about going to After Dark on my own. I live a bit far away, so I thought I would get a hotel room. The nearest hotel looks to be the Novotel or Premier Inn in Edinburgh Park. I don't drive so I was thinking about walking.

Is walking to and from there safe for a single female?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sh paulCouple 32 weeks ago

dalkeith

I would get a taxi

By *pank-me-harderWoman 32 weeks ago

close to leven

I have been loads on my own but I drive .. everyone at the club is amazing like the previous lady said ad get a taxi for your own safety x

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

You don’t want to be walking at night

By *melia DominaTV/TS 32 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"I am a single I was thinking about going to After Dark on my own. I live a bit far away, so I thought I would get a hotel room. The nearest hotel looks to be the Novotel or Premier Inn in Edinburgh Park. I don't drive so I was thinking about walking.

Is walking to and from there safe for a single female?

"

As somebody who lives directly in the area, the industrial estate is deserted after 6 pm. The area is well lit, but there is little to no traffic. Only the main routes of Culins Road, Bankhead Avenue which are on east and west sides of the estate, and the joining route of bankhead terrace will have traffic sporadically but less so as the night progresses.

It's a good 15 minute walk from the hotels at Edinburgh Park station up an incline also.

A single tram stop from edinburgh park to bankhead with a 7 min walk on bankhead avenue (main route) to terrace is also an option.

As others have suggested taxis is probably the safer option for a single female.

If ordering taxis for travel lodge or Premier Inn. Have it arrive at hermiston Gate side of edinburgh park station rather than hotel. The short walk across the rail bridge will save £10-15 on the taxis fair easily.

Amelia

By *oggingnfloggingCouple 32 weeks ago

fife

There is quite often other people staying in the hermiston gate hotels who you could probably fair share with or even arrange for a fellow fabber to pick you up and drop you off at your hotel saves a 10-15 min walk up hill

By *razytimesinloveCouple 32 weeks ago

SW Scotland

Definitely get a taxi

By *ide em cowgirlWoman 32 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Taxi is probs safest. It’s not that far and staff can help out with that if you don’t know who to call.

By *affy111000Man 32 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Taxi sweetie to avoid Westerhailes and Broomhouse which do have some numpties.

By *ighlandballsMan 32 weeks ago

Tayside

First time back to the new Afterdark club last night and enjoyed my evening in this safe and secure place. Highly recommend.

By *appyGirl43 OP   Woman 32 weeks ago

Glasgow

Thanks for all the DMs and replies. Looks like a taxi is the safest option.

By *ellhungfunMan 32 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Hello happy girl i would not recommend walking i am a regular at after dark dont mind dropping you off but you can also order a taxi which will cost around £5 to £10 i believe hope this helps thanks

» Add a new message to this topic