FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Neurodivergent social….

Neurodivergent social….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *o_Xo OP   Woman 20 weeks ago

glasgow

Dose anyone hold these around Glasgow for neurospicy people? Or Edinburgh?

Maybe a bit quieter than your normal social event ??

Asking for….well me! Lmao

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 20 weeks ago

I thought the silent disco one might be good for this.

Also I've been to an Aberdeen one where they had an area you could go to get some time out if needed during the night was a quite good idea.

glasgow

I was thinking quieter/ Name badges/ stuff to help people make conversation different things as it can be hard for people myself included to become involved.

Not that I didn’t LOVE the summer AND winter social with year ?? both amazing times and experiences

By (user no longer on site) 20 weeks ago

"I was thinking quieter/ Name badges/ stuff to help people make conversation different things as it can be hard for people myself included to become involved.

Not that I didn’t LOVE the summer AND winter social with year ?? both amazing times and experiences

"

Probably some of the smaller socials are better for this.

The above are all great ideas!!!

I struggled a bit at the last one myself.

By *urSexIsOnFireCouple 20 weeks ago

glasgow

This would be a great idea, I (M) can struggle in social situations at clubs etc tend to find people can think I'm awkward or arrogant when in reality I'm to busy over analyzing the situation, wondering if I say something if it's weird and then to nervous to speak up

Luckily my misses understands me so well she is always there for support

glasgow

"This would be a great idea, I (M) can struggle in social situations at clubs etc tend to find people can think I'm awkward or arrogant when in reality I'm to busy over analyzing the situation, wondering if I say something if it's weird and then to nervous to speak up

Luckily my misses understands me so well she is always there for support"

Aww that’s excellent having that support I’m thinking this could be something that’s missing in the community

By *oat yardMan 20 weeks ago

Ayr

"Dose anyone hold these around Glasgow for neurospicy people? Or Edinburgh?

Asking for….well me! Lmao "

I love the sound of this (I have ADHD - I’m mostly fun to be around, but I really struggle places that are too loud to chat with people). So far the most neurospicy event I’ve been to is Curve - a monthly daytime play party (and also social), organised by the RIG project - details are on FL. I mention it to everyone because it’s so nice

It’s a kink / bdsm scene (not sure if that’s your thing?) rather than swinging, but there’s room for everyone.

glasgow

I love the sound of this (I have ADHD - I’m mostly fun to be around, but I really struggle places that are too loud to chat with people). So far the most neurospicy event I’ve been to is Curve - a monthly daytime play party (and also social), organised by the RIG project - details are on FL. I mention it to everyone because it’s so nice

It’s a kink / bdsm scene (not sure if that’s your thing?) rather than swinging, but there’s room for everyone. "

Kink is more my thing if I’m honest I will definitely have a look at this. Thank you

Ayr

It’s a kink / bdsm scene (not sure if that’s your thing?) rather than swinging, but there’s room for everyone.

Kink is more my thing if I’m honest I will definitely have a look at this. Thank you "

You’re welcome. I should also have said - we’ve got a lovely fledgling social group starting down in here in Ayrshire - you should be able to find a thread here on fab (if you’re interested and any issues finding it please ask!). We’re making lots of new neurospicy pervy best friends down here in the ‘shire.

By *urSexIsOnFireCouple 20 weeks ago

glasgow

We are also into kink, even before we started swinging so will definitely look into this ourselves, thanks for the information

But yeah I think something like this is missing from the community and it might be because there is still a stigmatism attached. Not everywhere and I have found the more I'm open about it when talking either at a club or a normal situation, a lot of people are more understanding.

I spent quite a few years in the army and that was very much a struggle which might cloud my judgment.

glasgow

Kink is more my thing if I’m honest I will definitely have a look at this. Thank you

You’re welcome. I should also have said - we’ve got a lovely fledgling social group starting down in here in Ayrshire - you should be able to find a thread here on fab (if you’re interested and any issues finding it please ask!). We’re making lots of new neurospicy pervy best friends down here in the ‘shire. "

I have seen that and I have heard very good things about it from friends well done to you guys xx

By *lasgowHorseyMan 20 weeks ago

Glasgow

Neurodivergent social…

A great idea, if I was going, my name tag would be.... (He keeps talking and talking and talking)

glasgow

"We are also into kink, even before we started swinging so will definitely look into this ourselves, thanks for the information

But yeah I think something like this is missing from the community and it might be because there is still a stigmatism attached. Not everywhere and I have found the more I'm open about it when talking either at a club or a normal situation, a lot of people are more understanding.

I spent quite a few years in the army and that was very much a struggle which might cloud my judgment."

Yeah for all the woke ness and equality it’s something that still needs more work, I can understand people may know want to share that side of themselves but for those that do. I feel we need more of a platform to bring us and and feel supported and comfortable and able to do what we do.

glasgow

Neurodivergent social…

A great idea, if I was going, my name tag would be.... (He keeps talking and talking and talking) "

Oh we have our first victim… I mean name down

lmao

Ayr

Since getting my ADHD diagnosis - and a massive burnout episode beforehand, I tend to wear it on my sleeve and gravitate towards neurospicy people, and filter out any situations or interactions where I don’t feel like I can be ‘me’.

There are some aspects of the kink and swinging community that are wonderful for this, which I’m trying to dig out.

The tricky bit for me at the moment - which I’m working on - is wanting to explore hedonistic group play, but also knowing that I could be over stimulated (not in a way) in a loud club, which could otherwise be ideal for this.

glasgow

"Since getting my ADHD diagnosis - and a massive burnout episode beforehand, I tend to wear it on my sleeve and gravitate towards neurospicy people, and filter out any situations or interactions where I don’t feel like I can be ‘me’.

There are some aspects of the kink and swinging community that are wonderful for this, which I’m trying to dig out.

The tricky bit for me at the moment - which I’m working on - is wanting to explore hedonistic group play, but also knowing that I could be over stimulated (not in a way) in a loud club, which could otherwise be ideal for this."

100% get what your saying

By *M60Couple 20 weeks ago

Central Scotland

I can handle social ok but Sundays are a massive decompression for me luckily have support from the Mrs.

glasgow

"I can handle social ok but Sundays are a massive decompression for me luckily have support from the Mrs."

must be hard at times

By *ofnungslosMan 20 weeks ago

town

This is basically fet munches op, I’ve found neurodiverse folk seem to sway more towards the kink side

glasgow

"This is basically fet munches op, I’ve found neurodiverse folk seem to sway more towards the kink side

"

100% but I feel some swingers could benefit too equality and all that.

By *ofnungslosMan 20 weeks ago

town

"This is basically fet munches op, I’ve found neurodiverse folk seem to sway more towards the kink side

100% but I feel some swingers could benefit too equality and all that. "

Fully agree, I’d personally like to see both scenes just embrace the other socially but Itl never happen.

The worst part of having two community sites for the two scenes is that you see individuals on one site promoting certain issues and portraying specific values to be popular yet come to the other site and act the complete opposite. It’s a shame really.

By *alcon43Woman 20 weeks ago

Paisley

You could arrange a social event yourself.

One option would possibly be to hire a dungeon for a few people for you to play in a quiet environment.

I have several neurodivergent friends and I personally find some situations overwhelming.

By *unsexual MemelordWoman 20 weeks ago

Midlothian

I'm also neurospicy, a quieter environment than a club would be awesome; would definitely love a little space to retreat to as well if I needed a break. A social not involving alcohol at all would be lovely, but that's probably asking too much.

By *inUpGirlWoman 20 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I'm also neurospicy, a quieter environment than a club would be awesome; would definitely love a little space to retreat to as well if I needed a break. A social not involving alcohol at all would be lovely, but that's probably asking too much.

"

There is often coffee socials (I used to organise these but unfortunately can't now due to work) think there has also been some dinner socials so not everything needs to revolve around alcohol. X

By *y3CsMan 20 weeks ago

Inverness

If there is ever a social like this, please count me in! I'm an awkward shy type but can come out my shell if in comfortable environments. Definitely approve of this idea!

glasgow

Amazing guys thank you so much for the feedback you’re all amazing xx I will definitely be looking into this more thank you xo!

By *igjohn1410Man 20 weeks ago

Ayr

Love this idea. Socials can be whatever you make of them, whether it be a night out or a quieter gathering sharing stories and advice. Would look into Fet as i am sure us Swingers and Kinksters can get along . Infact. After being to a few munches u would be surprised of how many people embrace both lifestyles x

Ayr

[Removed by poster at 21/12/23 23:15:26]

By *isstucWoman 20 weeks ago

Glasgow

Look forward too seeing this develop .... Definetly something lacking in the community xx

By *leasureDomeClubCouple 20 weeks ago

GLASGOW

This is an awesome idea…. Will see what we can do xx

By *leasureDomeClubCouple 20 weeks ago

GLASGOW

"I'm also neurospicy, a quieter environment than a club would be awesome; would definitely love a little space to retreat to as well if I needed a break. A social not involving alcohol at all would be lovely, but that's probably asking too much.

"

The rearm “neurospicy” is EPIC by the way

By *hrisukbishareCouple 20 weeks ago

Edinburgh

This thread is wonderful and welcome to me..Quieter spaces, name tags, identifiers so we know a little of the queer or kink lifestyle we each favour. Thanks for starring thus explore.

By *rofqawMan 20 weeks ago

Cumbernauld

This is a great idea. I'd love to hear any arrangements.

By *unsexual MemelordWoman 20 weeks ago

Midlothian

The rearm “neurospicy” is EPIC by the way"

I love it too, only discovered it a couple of years ago, it works so well!

Ayr

I’m loving seeing all the love for this thread

glasgow

Your all amazing guys thank you for engaging xx

Ayr

[Removed by poster at 22/12/23 19:48:56]

Ayr

"Your all amazing guys thank you for engaging xx "

Thank you for the OP x

So nice to find that there’s a lot of us that need this. Hoping for neurospicy socials, munches, self-organised events, kink/swinger crossovers and lovely community in 2024

glasgow

Bring on 2024!

By *isstucWoman 18 weeks ago

Glasgow

Can't wait too see what develops a d look forward to attending

By *teve_it_aloneMan 18 weeks ago

Dunfermline

This thread is restoring my faith in this place! Following this quietly from a ‘currently burnt out, but getting there’ ND corner with interest!

By *ollyRoxxxWoman 18 weeks ago

Wishaw

Loving this thread OP.

Happy to chat with folks off here and very interested to see what comes of it!

By *isstucWoman 15 weeks ago

Glasgow

Still watching can't wait to see where this goes xxx

By *crambledMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

I'm going to watch this thread with interest... Being on the spectrum, I can struggle with social situations and often over compensate.

By *bcums3Couple 14 weeks ago

lanarkshire

This is how we have tried to run the silent disco, and think of a few ways to make this appeal to a wide variety of people….numbers are lower than maybe some other socials and will def be good ways on the night organised to encourage and help as we know it’s not always easy for everyone to just approach others .Aswell as a quiet corner to sit out the way of the louder side of the social…I enjoy swinging and I enjoy kink just as much…..for me it’s not a crossover between them it’s a night for all backgrounds to get together (well that’s why I’m doing it) once you take the labels and sex away we are just all there to meet people , laugh, dance and build confidence and that’s what it’s all about…xx

By *lasgowHorseyMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

"This is how we have tried to run the silent disco, and think of a few ways to make this appeal to a wide variety of people….numbers are lower than maybe some other socials and will def be good ways on the night organised to encourage and help as we know it’s not always easy for everyone to just approach others .Aswell as a quiet corner to sit out the way of the louder side of the social…I enjoy swinging and I enjoy kink just as much…..for me it’s not a crossover between them it’s a night for all backgrounds to get together (well that’s why I’m doing it) once you take the labels and sex away we are just all there to meet people , laugh, dance and build confidence and that’s what it’s all about…xx"

Sorry if I've passed by this question or answer on this thread but how many channels would be on the headsets, 2/3/4/5 etc...?

lanarkshire

"This is how we have tried to run the silent disco, and think of a few ways to make this appeal to a wide variety of people….numbers are lower than maybe some other socials and will def be good ways on the night organised to encourage and help as we know it’s not always easy for everyone to just approach others .Aswell as a quiet corner to sit out the way of the louder side of the social…I enjoy swinging and I enjoy kink just as much…..for me it’s not a crossover between them it’s a night for all backgrounds to get together (well that’s why I’m doing it) once you take the labels and sex away we are just all there to meet people , laugh, dance and build confidence and that’s what it’s all about…xx

Sorry if I've passed by this question or answer on this thread but how many channels would be on the headsets, 2/3/4/5 etc...?"

3 channels but each person is in control of what they listen to

By *i guy 20Man 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

Maybe a bit late to this but def be something I'd be up for! Due to Asperger's I don't always find it easy to approach people at other events x

lanarkshire

"Maybe a bit late to this but def be something I'd be up for! Due to Asperger's I don't always find it easy to approach people at other events x"

Feel free to message me for some info x

By *40ffCouple 14 weeks ago

lala land

When is the silent disco ? Sounds very interesting xx

lanarkshire

"When is the silent disco ? Sounds very interesting xx"

24th feb x

By *ough75Man 14 weeks ago

edinburgh/bakewell/derby

[Removed by poster at 29/01/24 11:58:42]

By *isstucWoman 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

**crumbs** - watching this closely ..... Can't wait for more details xx

By *odgers and PartingCouple 5 weeks ago

edinburgh

Following

By *o_Xo OP   Woman 5 weeks ago

glasgow

More info to follow very soon :D thank you everyone for the feedback can’t wait to get this up and running and fingers crossed a regular thing :D

Xoxo!!

By *aughty_ex_newbiesCouple 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

This sounds great , I've realised lately that clubs are not right for me but I'd still like to explore the social side in a different kind of environment

Well done for organising xx

By *ueen MollyWoman 5 weeks ago

fife

Definitely interested in this

By *ew couple4youCouple 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Considering how much we love a night out we don’t get to anywhere near as much socials as we would like

By *rP_TickleMan 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

I'd be up for one of those.

Not all of us are confident enought ot feel comfortable in those situations x

» Add a new message to this topic