FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Where Do You Love To Walk in Scotland

Where Do You Love To Walk in Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lasgowHorsey OP   Man 19 weeks ago

Glasgow

I noticed a sexy fab couple going to walk the WHW (West Highland Way). So thought id ask on here, for those of you who love walking or intend to, what's your favorite walk or somewhere you want to try/challenge?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ordflash heartMan 19 weeks ago

Motherwell

Go lots of walks but not sure you can put up names of places as I got a ban for naming a place in the past.

Glasgow

"Go lots of walks but not sure you can put up names of places as I got a ban for naming a place in the past. "

For naming walks that have nothing to do with Fab and swinging?. I've done walks years ago, but naming the walks or areas cant be wrong if they were done in the past

I've walked hunners and some are just amazing

By *JandCunniCouple 19 weeks ago

North Ayrshire

Loch Muick is a beautiful walk and is rather easy these days compared to 7yrs ago. Excellent off shoot walks there too

Motherwell

Chatelherault has lots of good walks, Alva glen, loch Tay north shore and old Lawers village some really secluded spot around this village for outdoor shagging with a view.

Glasgow

Love walking down and near Loch Etive, usually end up chilling there.

Also a wee walk, (yeah right) just before Kyle of Lochalsh at Shiel Bridge, amazing walk, up the mountain, using the road and stopping looking back across to the five sisters of kintail, just amazing, whatever way you describe it, just does not do it justice.

Also I do love a walk over Rannoch Moor late in the evening, (always reminds me of American Werewolf in London) lololol

Motherwell

"Love walking down and near Loch Etive, usually end up chilling there.

Also a wee walk, (yeah right) just before Kyle of Lochalsh at Shiel Bridge, amazing walk, up the mountain, using the road and stopping looking back across to the five sisters of kintail, just amazing, whatever way you describe it, just does not do it justice.

Also I do love a walk over Rannoch Moor late in the evening, (always reminds me of American Werewolf in London) lololol"

Such a great film away ahead of its time, loch rannoch is a great area (Rannoch station) looking over other side of Rannoch Moor to Glen Coe. Loch Tay is one of my favourites like I said in previous message and if you go to old Lawers village if you do a bit of rambling you will come across a really unusual tree that grows side ways it’s cool.

By *arkbhoyMan 19 weeks ago

Inverness

Started doing Munro's this summer late on done 6 so far

Xmas day yesterday went a 3hr walk up some wee hills south of Inverness,, forest tracks up through the snow,, great fun

By *ofnungslosMan 19 weeks ago

town

I take the doggos for a walk round Lennox Castle. That’s a good one to ponder along

By *entlemanrogueMan 19 weeks ago

Motherwell

The falls of Dochart are is a nice stop, and the burial island of the MacNabs right next to them

By *uggy55TV/TS 19 weeks ago

Fife

Love walking/hiking. Always try and bag a few munros a year. Not sure I really have a favourite. Lomand hills are close to me, so that always nice and handy. But always trying new places most weekends. (So any suggestions are welcome). Love fort William area, apart from the obvious (Nevis), they’re loads of fantastic walks. We are very lucky up in Scotland.

Walkhighlands website is always a good reference xxx

By *razyeyes81Man 19 weeks ago

hamilton

So many great walks I don’t have a favourite mainly use Outdooractive to plan or track my walks loch venachar has a great 12.5 mile route

Motherwell

"Love walking/hiking. Always try and bag a few munros a year. Not sure I really have a favourite. Lomand hills are close to me, so that always nice and handy. But always trying new places most weekends. (So any suggestions are welcome). Love fort William area, apart from the obvious (Nevis), they’re loads of fantastic walks. We are very lucky up in Scotland.

Walkhighlands website is always a good reference xxx"

Schallion is a good climb pretty rocky but worth it for the views and it’s a pretty significant mountain. That’s up past Aberfeldy Dull road.

By *horstrollMan 19 weeks ago

Caprona

Trossachs for access, there’s some cracking day walks n overnighter the further north you go.

Glen Wyvis is worth the jaunt

By *uggy55TV/TS 19 weeks ago

Fife

Done Schallion. It was a bit of a test. Mainly didn’t it in fog and cleared when we got to the top. Maybe a good thing, didn’t see all those false peaks heading up the way. Haha.

Thank you for a couple of tips guys. Will do some

research x

Glasgow

A wee different one for the hillwalker in us all.

Treacherous and hard. Walking the shore at Auchenrannie, can start at either end but its about 5 mile if i remember but your climbing on moss, rough vegetation, slate, rock and there's a wee cave at the end to chill and enjoy watching the sea come in

Be careful

By *essarosa7leeCouple 19 weeks ago

East Fife

We like Glenclova and Glenlyon for hiking, foraging and outdoor activities

Xxx

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

Discovered the Lime Tree Walk area near Dunbar in September

Glorious bit of coastline in a country just full of great walking

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman 19 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Love walking/hiking. Always try and bag a few munros a year. Not sure I really have a favourite. Lomand hills are close to me, so that always nice and handy. But always trying new places most weekends. (So any suggestions are welcome). Love fort William area, apart from the obvious (Nevis), they’re loads of fantastic walks. We are very lucky up in Scotland.

Schallion is a good climb pretty rocky but worth it for the views and it’s a pretty significant mountain. That’s up past Aberfeldy Dull road."

Worthwhile pointing out that Schiehallion is a Munro. The Boulder field for the last 2/3 miles of the ascent can be tricky and will use a lot of concentration. Also, it is likely to be laced in snow and ice at this time of year so shouldn’t be taken on unless properly equipped, well experienced and sound knowledge of navigation and climbing in adverse weather.

Motherwell

Schallion is a good climb pretty rocky but worth it for the views and it’s a pretty significant mountain. That’s up past Aberfeldy Dull road.

Worthwhile pointing out that Schiehallion is a Munro. The Boulder field for the last 2/3 miles of the ascent can be tricky and will use a lot of concentration. Also, it is likely to be laced in snow and ice at this time of year so shouldn’t be taken on unless properly equipped, well experienced and sound knowledge of navigation and climbing in adverse weather.

"

I wasn’t sure if it was a Munro and your correct it can be a tricky climb this time of year.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman 19 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

I wasn’t sure if it was a Munro and your correct it can be a tricky climb this time of year. "

Tricky at any time. I’ve heard stories of ankles being broken on the boulder field and mountain rescue having to attend.

Motherwell

I wasn’t sure if it was a Munro and your correct it can be a tricky climb this time of year.

Tricky at any time. I’ve heard stories of ankles being broken on the boulder field and mountain rescue having to attend. "

The boulder field is pretty bad I took my dog up once but turned back. The local mountain rescue in Aberfeldy is pretty busy up that area.

Glasgow

For anyone wanting to get into this sort of thing, especially if your located in Glasgow or surrounding areas, take a jaunt up to Glen Luss and try that wee walk and then a bit higher, Glen Douglas, both basically across the road from Loch Lomond. Glen luss is a little harder but still enjoyable.

Please take precautions on safety and always bring the right hillwalking gear, clothing, equipment as in Scotland with the weather, you never know what can happen

By *melia DominaTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Love the Pentland hills. They are a stones throw from the house.

A national park on the doorstep. Can't really beat that.

Amelia

Glasgow

(Bealach na ba) or Pass of the Cattle.

This is a route/road which is south of Sheildag and North West of Strathcarron and further West is Isle of Raasay and Isle of Skye

This one is one of the most stunning scenery you can find but there are not too many tracks to follow, so usually you'll have to use the winding road, as you travel through the mountains of the Applecross peninsular. The road and climb is very steep and takes a while but looking back on the Loch Broom and a few other lochs which names escape me.

Well worth the travel up without doubt

By *nnocentonehonestMan 19 weeks ago

Place near you

The banks of Loch lomond or Callander, both are so peaceful and picturesque

By *assy LassieWoman 19 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Tricky at any time. I’ve heard stories of ankles being broken on the boulder field and mountain rescue having to attend. "

The hills are calling us!

Motherwell

Tricky at any time. I’ve heard stories of ankles being broken on the boulder field and mountain rescue having to attend.

The hills are calling us! "

With the sound of music

By *ergus1000Man 19 weeks ago

Greenock

To the kitchen for snacks.

By *ab365XMan 19 weeks ago

Paisley

I love the walk up to CJ’s!

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

Doing the WHW would be amazing and would really like to do the walk to Prince Albert's cairn near Balmoral.

The walk around the hermitage is one of my favs.

By *rdadjokesMan 19 weeks ago

Manchester

I liked Pucks Glen in Dunoon and the Hermitage is also a good walk.

By *4rk4ndL1ghtMan 19 weeks ago

Bonnybridge

Schallion is a good climb pretty rocky but worth it for the views and it’s a pretty significant mountain. That’s up past Aberfeldy Dull road."

Fantastic climb on a beautiful day

By *aidbacklover2021Man 19 weeks ago

perth

I'm looking for walks with a great pub at the end for lunch and a pint

By *bostCouple 19 weeks ago

Glasgow

Outer Hebrides beaches. Lush

Motherwell

Fantastic climb on a beautiful day "

It’s a great area for sure.

By *panksspankedMan 19 weeks ago

Edinburgh

A walk over the Kessock Bridge at sunset looking out over the Moray Firth is beautiful. If you're lucky there will be porpoises showing off too

By *hrobbermanMan 19 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

i managed about 80 Munros in my 20's - 40's. Once parenthood arrived my horizons shifted.

Now my fave walks are around the Central Belt, Argyll and the easier accessible parts of the Highlands.

Here's a few faves.

1. Tinto Hill - views to Arran, Ireland, England and some quite unexpected Highland peaks visible. 60 minutes up and 30 minutes down.

2. Black Rock above Kenmore (Drummond Hill). Amazing views. Well mettaled track/ path to walk up. Any season but Autumn is spectacular.

3. Birks o' Aberfeldy - beautiful woodland walk with lots of gradient alternatives! Fits your mood! Amazing when the Urlar Burn is in spate!

4. Gatehouse of Fleet. A gentle wander up the pretty flat Fleet Valley in spring will have you drooling at the Bluebells in Castrramont Woods and by Rusko Bridge.

5. The Fleet Viaduct. Between Gatehouse and Creetown on the hill road take the signpost and park at the old Gatehouse Station. Easy peasy walk along the old track to the spectacular massive viaduct.

6. Falls of Clyde. Park at New Lanark and walk along the riverbank path. The falls are quite something.

7. Penicuik House. Unexpected delights on this walk in any season. Loads of Woodpeckers (not a euphemism )

8. Grey Mare's Tail - take the road to St Mary's Loch from Moffat. Park and walk (sdtretch your muscles first!). A little steep to begin with but very quickly eases off to be one of the most dramatic walks in Scotland.

Plenty more... get out there folks!

Lanarkshire

"Outer Hebrides beaches. Lush"

Oh there are so many lovely ones to chose from. I've been lucky to visit twice and know I have only scraped the surface. Islands make me happy. I step/drive off that ferry and calm just washes over me

Lanarkshire

Grey Mares Tail. The water in the Loch at the top is so clear. Next time we are taking our cold water dipping gear and jumping in

By *bostCouple 19 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Outer Hebrides beaches. Lush

Oh there are so many lovely ones to chose from. I've been lucky to visit twice and know I have only scraped the surface. Islands make me happy. I step/drive off that ferry and calm just washes over me "

Absolutely, tent/campervan and especially Lewis and Harris and we are happy deviants.

By *yzykMan 19 weeks ago

Stirlingshire

Honestly can't think of any part of Scotland that doesn't have great walks

By *oxy RedWoman 15 weeks ago

Glasgow

In and around Bridge Of Orchy and Glencoe x

By *oversfunCouple 15 weeks ago

ayrshire

Im hoping to do moffat to melrose once the weather abit better

By *arkbhoyMan 15 weeks ago

Inverness

Looking to do a Munro outsude Dalwhinnie tomorrow,, as, long as its dry I will be doing it & a dip after

By *partansword78Man 15 weeks ago

Glasgow

Dumyat/ hill of ghosts, Stirlingshire is one of my fav`s. There`s plenty of nice parks and country parks out there as well if you don`t have as much time. i love having a nosey on google maps to try find new places to visit, keeps the kids amused during school holidays as well and off their computers for a while.

By *assy LassieWoman 15 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Dumyat was my first hill. Did it with a fellow fabber. Now hooked on hillwalking. Or is the the tea and scone when we come back down

By *imbobaMan 15 weeks ago

Glasgow

Offt lots of good info on this thread. Thank you and from my wee doggo who will enjoy some of these walks.

By *ordflash heartMan 15 weeks ago

Motherwell

"Offt lots of good info on this thread. Thank you and from my wee doggo who will enjoy some of these walks. "

So many places to go walks, I’m on an abandoned places of Scotland forum it’s great going exploring. Got some amazing pics

By *partansword78Man 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

We have a regimental memorial at the top of Dumyat, so that will always be a special place for me, and the view at the top is something else.

By *ubbyandHisHotwifeCouple 14 weeks ago

Glasgowish

to my car & then through mcds drive thru lol

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman 14 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Dumyat was my first hill. Did it with a fellow fabber. Now hooked on hillwalking. Or is the the tea and scone when we come back down"

Can fit a hill of in, before the scone this week

By *W1970Man 14 weeks ago

hamilton

I just like to go for walks around some local parks near me. Tho not been out in a while

By *ordflash heartMan 14 weeks ago

Motherwell

"Dumyat was my first hill. Did it with a fellow fabber. Now hooked on hillwalking. Or is the the tea and scone when we come back down

Can fit a hill of in, before the scone this week"

Ben Vrackie in Pitlochry is a great hill to climb, great coffee shops after walk.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman 14 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Dumyat was my first hill. Did it with a fellow fabber. Now hooked on hillwalking. Or is the the tea and scone when we come back down

Ben Vrackie in Pitlochry is a great hill to climb, great coffee shops after walk."

Done it a couple of times. First time I hated it, weather wasn’t in my side. Second time was a lot more pleasant.

By *ewcpl80Couple 14 weeks ago

Aberdeen

West highland way was a good one but it’ll take more than a few hours

By *ordflash heartMan 14 weeks ago

Motherwell

Ben Vrackie in Pitlochry is a great hill to climb, great coffee shops after walk.

Done it a couple of times. First time I hated it, weather wasn’t in my side. Second time was a lot more pleasant. "

I always say if the weather is that bad you can come back the hills not going anywhere. I have done it a few times good viewpoints.

By *assy LassieWoman 14 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Done it a couple of times. First time I hated it, weather wasn’t in my side. Second time was a lot more pleasant. "

Have you chosen my first munroe yet!

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

I love Glen coe, best Area in Scotland to walk

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

Walked most of the routes described in previous messages. Also walked a good bit of the Sierra Nevada trails in the states and John Muir trails in California. Done parts of the Milford track in New Zealand, regularly voted the best hill walking route in the world.

However the Ayrshire Coastal path in summer evenings with the sun setting over Arran is sublime ... Breathtaking views .. the best in Scotland.

By *4Fun11Woman 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

Way too many to mention tbh.

But best walk I ever did was the WHW. Picked a week with fabulous weather and the whole journey was amazing.

Have been doing parts of it again but really need to get a week sorted to do it all in the one go.

» Add a new message to this topic