FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Best Method of Contact

Best Method of Contact

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lasgowHorsey OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

If your chatting and then you feel comfortable to exchange contact details to chat further or to meet, what do you prefer, kik, phone number, whatsapp, telegram etc?...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *idden Gem69Woman 14 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

Usually just chat here, occasionally whattsapp but only with someone i know I'm going to meet

By *assy LassieWoman 14 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Telegram. Kik is shite now. WhatsApp is for family or friends only.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

WhatsApp usually but telegram isn’t too bad either

Lanarkshire

"WhatsApp usually but telegram isn’t too bad either "

Danger of WhatsApp for fab is mixing up your messages awkward

Glasgow

"WhatsApp usually but telegram isn’t too bad either

Danger of WhatsApp for fab is mixing up your messages awkward "

Yeah agreed, I'm going to start using telegram for contact, think its best

By *pendoor69Woman 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

If it’s fab here… if it’s a fab person that’s become a friend then personal is fine but that’s rare

Haha this is true

By *eroLondonMan 14 weeks ago

Mayfair

Telegram in the first instance, and going by experience usually on her behest when she is ready. Followed by WhatsApp if we're ready to exchange numbers.

If she suggests Kik then she's already blown her chances. I won't go anywhere near that teenage/juvenile and vacuous messaging app.

By *rdadjokesMan 14 weeks ago

Manchester

Kik or Snapchat is where the conversation is doomed to die I usually prefer Whats app or Telegram

By *agnar73Man 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

The archive bit lets you separate out people you message a lot from ones you don’t.

Saying that telegram is probably safer as you’re not giving out number

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 14 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"If your chatting and then you feel comfortable to exchange contact details to chat further or to meet, what do you prefer, kik, phone number, whatsapp, telegram etc?... "
Always happy to chat here until I do a social meet then once I’ve done that and like the person I’ve met in person then il maybe suggest swapping numbers and chatting via WhatsApp .

By *omcupCouple 14 weeks ago

Alexandria

We tend to do WhatsApp when we're all comfortable with it, tends to separate out the fantasists from the fantastics as we think by exchanging actual numbers they'll be less likely to pull out of a meet

By *hyme2020Woman 14 weeks ago

Glasgow Scotland

Kik is so bad now. I have telegram but don’t use it. If I was going to meet someone and they asked for my number to what’s app then I will give it. I don’t see the difference as if it goes wrong you can block just the same. I tend to think people are more likely to be serious/less likely to be hiding from a partner if they give me their number

'kik' is SHYTE now.

Glasgow

"Kik is so bad now. I have telegram but don’t use it. If I was going to meet someone and they asked for my number to what’s app then I will give it. I don’t see the difference as if it goes wrong you can block just the same. I tend to think people are more likely to be serious/less likely to be hiding from a partner if they give me their number "

I'll tactfully disagree.

I'm totally single and don't have a partner to hide from but like to keep everything discreet as in my one of my jobs, I've had to be on TV a cpl of times and Radio a few times, so numbers are traceable and I'd have to trust someone undoubtedly to go that far now so defiantly not supplying a phone number doesn't mean your hiding from a partner.

I have two phone numbers, one the work gave me and my own personal one. I've had both numbers a long time so I just use both but only supply my personal number to fabsters, sometimes I have gave my works number as I didn't have access to other phone.

One time I redirected my phone to one of the workers and ffs a girl on fab phoned my number and got through to Pat and telling him, who she thought was me, that she wanted me to come round and do this and do that . Well I wasn't made to forget that for a while

By *ordflash heartMan 14 weeks ago

Motherwell

"Kik is so bad now. I have telegram but don’t use it. If I was going to meet someone and they asked for my number to what’s app then I will give it. I don’t see the difference as if it goes wrong you can block just the same. I tend to think people are more likely to be serious/less likely to be hiding from a partner if they give me their number

I'll tactfully disagree.

I'm totally single and don't have a partner to hide from but like to keep everything discreet as in my one of my jobs, I've had to be on TV a cpl of times and Radio a few times, so numbers are traceable and I'd have to trust someone undoubtedly to go that far now so defiantly not supplying a phone number doesn't mean your hiding from a partner.

I have two phone numbers, one the work gave me and my own personal one. I've had both numbers a long time so I just use both but only supply my personal number to fabsters, sometimes I have gave my works number as I didn't have access to other phone.

One time I redirected my phone to one of the workers and ffs a girl on fab phoned my number and got through to Pat and telling him, who she thought was me, that she wanted me to come round and do this and do that . Well I wasn't made to forget that for a while "

Buy a cheap sim only contract use one of your old phones as most people have old ones sitting about their homes. Don’t see an issue with this.

Glasgow

"Kik is so bad now. I have telegram but don’t use it. If I was going to meet someone and they asked for my number to what’s app then I will give it. I don’t see the difference as if it goes wrong you can block just the same. I tend to think people are more likely to be serious/less likely to be hiding from a partner if they give me their number

I'll tactfully disagree.

One time I redirected my phone to one of the workers and ffs a girl on fab phoned my number and got through to Pat and telling him, who she thought was me, that she wanted me to come round and do this and do that . Well I wasn't made to forget that for a while

Buy a cheap sim only contract use one of your old phones as most people have old ones sitting about their homes. Don’t see an issue with this. "

feck working with 3 different phone numbers, I'm murder trying to do a washing and cook my dinner at the same time, i get mixed up enough lolol.

I have my personal and work, that will do me as I already supply my personal one when i feel compfrtable

By *ordflash heartMan 14 weeks ago

Motherwell

I'll tactfully disagree.

Buy a cheap sim only contract use one of your old phones as most people have old ones sitting about their homes. Don’t see an issue with this.

feck working with 3 different phone numbers, I'm murder trying to do a washing and cook my dinner at the same time, i get mixed up enough lolol.

I have my personal and work, that will do me as I already supply my personal one when i feel compfrtable"

My second phone is for fab fake facebook gumtree accounts and my business. My own phone is for family and friends.

Lanarkshire

I'll tactfully disagree.

One time I redirected my phone to one of the workers and ffs a girl on fab phoned my number and got through to Pat and telling him, who she thought was me, that she wanted me to come round and do this and do that . Well I wasn't made to forget that for a while "

Schoolboy error

My phone takes 2 SIM cards so 2 numbers which is very handy. However I'd never have out my number to anybody from here unless our relationship became more regular stable trusted etc .. there's plenty other ways to communicate on here and using apps. There's no way I'd take the risk of someone turning out to be a nutter and have to cause me to change my number which would be me magic massively disruptive to my business as so many people know my number for business activity. If I was 'successful' on here at all, I'd maybe get a second SIM for my phone, but as I'm not It doesn't really matter as Kik for example works perfectly well although lately the adverts are ridiculous. Telegram takes your number from your phone despite what folk think.

Lanarkshire

You can lock it down so contacts dont find you. You can hide your number in settings so it doesnt show to anyone you message.

By *pready MercuryWoman 14 weeks ago

lanarkshire

"If your chatting and then you feel comfortable to exchange contact details to chat further or to meet, what do you prefer, kik, phone number, whatsapp, telegram etc?... "

Pigeon post , we know you've always been a bit of a bird fancier

By *ig TennentsMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

There’s always a risk involved in giving out phone numbers a quick google search can bring up all kinds of information about yourself. Facebook/ marketplace and gumtree listings just to name a few

By *bwgirlygirlWoman 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

Kik is the main one I use. It's discrete and 99% of people have it. Its handy for group messaging. If they don't it's easy to install. There's only 2 or 3 people have my phone number from fab. I've known people for 10+ years and they don't have my number. Never feel the need to give it out when the apps are so accessible. Don't need/want people knowing about my private life. Went on Telegram for 2 minutes and people in my contacts got a notification I had joined so I would avoid that app like the plague

By *ig TennentsMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

What I have found out about KIK is your always on the other person contact list so if you ever put your full name and what not they can see that unless you block them. Like many others during lockdown used KIK as a relief I’ve now got a list of people that now have face pic and some family ones and they are nothing like the photos they used at the time

Not with Kik you're not as it doesn't use your phone number, just email. So what you do it set up a new email just for Kik and disable contact sharing. Nobody in my non fab life knows I have Kik and I don't get any notifications of anybody I know joining, whereas on telegram that's exactly how it works, it's not designed to be discrete from the outset.

By *amboy23Man 14 weeks ago

Hamilton

I’m new here on this app and i am single wanted to meet couple or women and also become a friends

By *hosewhomgonakedCouple 14 weeks ago

Scotland

Unless really get to know them we prefer all the messages to be on here, some must find it an issue as always getting asked to exchange another form of messaging. But we think it's fine to have all the fab stuff in one place.

By *rs grumpyWoman 14 weeks ago

motherwell

Skype or WhatsApp with a chosen few. Otherwise stick to messages on here. Made the mistake of Kik one time and was bombarded with all kinds of pish.

Mayfair

"Not with Kik you're not as it doesn't use your phone number, just email. So what you do it set up a new email just for Kik and disable contact sharing. Nobody in my non fab life knows I have Kik and I don't get any notifications of anybody I know joining, whereas on telegram that's exactly how it works, it's not designed to be discrete from the outset. "

Telegram is "discreet". You're not obligated to share phone numbers.

Not obligated no .. but it Hoovers your phone number from your phone.

Mayfair

"Not obligated no .. but it Hoovers your phone number from your phone."

Only if you allow it.

» Add a new message to this topic