FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > What’s wrong in Aberdeen

What’s wrong in Aberdeen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riedandtested200 OP   Man 15 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Been on here since the beginning and wondering what’s gone wrong. We had a local club and an active dogging scene. Now FA! Tried to host numerous parties but hardly any interest. Keen to hear others experience locally.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *redwilma666Couple 15 weeks ago

Kilbirnie

you have not had a club in Aberdeen for many years, used to be the Wellman. As for party interest, you would probably have more success if you were a couple with a lot more varies

By *ittleRed18Woman 15 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Yes the club has not been around for a number of years but there is a very active and well established social scene now, why not start there and make connections and see where that leads, if you're looking to meet people on more than a 1:1 basis!

By *cottish30Man 15 weeks ago

aberdeen

"you have not had a club in Aberdeen for many years, used to be the Wellman. As for party interest, you would probably have more success if you were a couple with a lot more varies"

Well he can't help that he isn't part of a couple and I agree with him Aberdeen scene is so quiet, yes ok there is a group of folk that meet up for social meets but very rarely do couples or single females meet up for more,it's like Aberdeen is the prude capital of Scotland

By *cottish30Man 15 weeks ago

aberdeen

"Yes the club has not been around for a number of years but there is a very active and well established social scene now, why not start there and make connections and see where that leads, if you're looking to meet people on more than a 1:1 basis! "

But more often than not people are on here looking to have 1 to 1 meets or 3sums, it's what the site is meant for, having fun with like minded people but most folk use it as a chat site or a dating site

By *oomsOnFireCouple 15 weeks ago

Aberdeenshire

"Well he can't help that he isn't part of a couple and I agree with him Aberdeen scene is so quiet, yes ok there is a group of folk that meet up for social meets but very rarely do couples or single females meet up for more,it's like Aberdeen is the prude capital of Scotland "

This couldn’t be further from our experience. If you’re finding people are prude, it’s more than likely your approach causing it.

The social meets can be huge some months with a great mix of couples and singles of all ages. It’s definitely the best opportunity around here to meet likeminded people.

Mrs

By *erlins5Man 15 weeks ago

South Fife

My three years in Aberdeen was a lot of fun. I met some very nice couples and ladies and and still in touch with most of them even though I no longer live there. Maybe things have changed but not sure why it would have. The people I know are still there and meeting.

By *bcplCouple 15 weeks ago

Aberdeenshire

I’m not sure what the dogging scene is like anymore but certainly 10 years ago it was fun, check out pics, however we moved further out the town, I believe houses have been built at an haunt however you’re not telling me it’s dead. Bet it still happens sometimes somewhere

The club was before our time, if there was a club we probably wouldn’t attend anyway, we like taking the opportunity to visit other cities especially if they have an idea

As folk have said there is great social scene, Iv not been but Mrs has and said it was full of friendly genuine folks. If I was a single male I’d be starting here to meet folk

By *elpieandSelkieCouple 15 weeks ago

Aberdeen

We've found that while Edinburgh and Glasgow have quantity, that's not necessarily a good thing. Aberdeen meanwhile has a lot of quality, albeit a smaller scene.

Doesn't the old adage say quality beats quantity?

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

I've found aberdeen very fun indeed. I've not been to the socials but people say they are great so I'd start there and get some new connections

By *cotty6831Man 15 weeks ago

Central

"you have not had a club in Aberdeen for many years, used to be the Wellman. As for party interest, you would probably have more success if you were a couple with a lot more varies"
Absolute cockwomble

By *delight1972Woman 15 weeks ago

Dundee

I can only echo what others have said on here. I regularly travel through from Dundee to Aberdeen and have never left disappointed both socially and in the play sense. Quality definitely outweighs quantity at times.

By *oy of WonderMan 15 weeks ago

Glasgow

Social scene in Aberdeen just now is the best it’s been in quite some time, the scene as a whole is far better too as they both feed off each other. It’s literally as simple as going to a social, showing people you’re a decent human bean and taking it from there.

A single guy struggling to hold parties is something that will usually be the case no matter what city you are in for the obvious reasons man

By *elpieandSelkieCouple 15 weeks ago

Aberdeen

"Social scene in Aberdeen just now is the best it’s been in quite some time, the scene as a whole is far better too as they both feed off each other. It’s literally as simple as going to a social, showing people you’re a decent human bean and taking it from there.

A single guy struggling to hold parties is something that will usually be the case no matter what city you are in for the obvious reasons man "

Amen

» Add a new message to this topic