FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Neurospicy munch…

Neurospicy munch…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *o_Xo OP   Woman 16 weeks ago

glasgow

Hey guys how are you all? Amazing I hope

I’m looking for numbers on a up and coming neurodivergent munch.

if at all possible

Thank you XO!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

Im too far away but genuinely interested on how that works out!.. im neurodivergent myself and the thought of being in a busy room with loads of people taking is enough to make me not give it a go.. i wish i could be more social, but im not sure i could do it.

glasgow

"Im too far away but genuinely interested on how that works out!.. im neurodivergent myself and the thought of being in a busy room with loads of people taking is enough to make me not give it a go.. i wish i could be more social, but im not sure i could do it."

This is an issue i see a lot and want to help try to fix so everyone can enjoy munch/socials at their own comfort level and not just the “norm” I hope you can find something that helps you expand your social circle at your own level and in your own time 3

By *ordflash heartMan 16 weeks ago

Motherwell

Never heard of this neurodivergent before just looked it up. How does your brain work differently from others curious to know.

By *opeyXWoman 16 weeks ago

Dun Dee

"Never heard of this neurodivergent before just looked it up. How does your brain work differently from others curious to know. "

Some neurodivergent conditions:

Autism (ASD) - Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - Dyslexia. - Dyspraxia

Dun Dee

"Hey guys how are you all? Amazing I hope

I’m looking for numbers on a up and coming neurodivergent munch.

if at all possible

Thank you XO! "

Think it's brilliant your doing this! If I was closer I'd come along.

By *rs grumpyWoman 16 weeks ago

motherwell

"Never heard of this neurodivergent before just looked it up. How does your brain work differently from others curious to know. "

Well if she's got a brain that works then she's different from a lot on here.

Motherwell

"Never heard of this neurodivergent before just looked it up. How does your brain work differently from others curious to know.

Autism (ASD) - Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - Dyslexia. - Dyspraxia "

I think I have some of these conditions never been diagnosed. Thanks

Dun Dee

"Never heard of this neurodivergent before just looked it up. How does your brain work differently from others curious to know.

Autism (ASD) - Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - Dyslexia. - Dyspraxia

I think I have some of these conditions never been diagnosed. Thanks "

You can asked to be referred by your GP if you wanted to look into it. Or if you are seeing any other health professional for anything else you can ask them to refer yourself.

Motherwell

I think I have some of these conditions never been diagnosed. Thanks

You can asked to be referred by your GP if you wanted to look into it. Or if you are seeing any other health professional for anything else you can ask them to refer yourself."

My brother and dad have dyslexia definitely think I have to. My nephew has just be diagnosed with autism. I will ask my GP due to speak to them this week.

By *urSexIsOnFireCouple 16 weeks ago

glasgow

Male half here, I've posted on a few of the other ND posts and would certainly be interested in this

Really interested in this

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 28/02/24 03:42:17]

By *uptae SinghMan 16 weeks ago

glasgow

What about tourettes? Is anyone going with that?

glasgow

"What about tourettes? Is anyone going with that? "

The munch is open to everyone possibly with a neuro issue, that finds it difficult to maybe deal with the bigger socials and feels that they still want to be social but just can’t for some reason

Diagnosed/undiagnosed I’m not going to be asking for proof your neurodivergent-ness.

And it’s definitely not a competition

It’s a quieter space : so less overwhelming

Open space : so less claustrophobic and imposing

Relaxed space : so (fingers crossed) more inviting and friendly

glasgow

"What about tourettes? Is anyone going with that?

The munch is open to everyone possibly with a neuro issue, that finds it difficult to maybe deal with the bigger socials and feels that they still want to be social but just can’t for some reason

Diagnosed/undiagnosed I’m not going to be asking for proof your neurodivergent-ness.

And it’s definitely not a competition

It’s a quieter space : so less overwhelming

Open space : so less claustrophobic and imposing

Relaxed space : so (fingers crossed) more inviting and friendly

"

This sounds perfect, and yeah quite rightly open it up to undiagnosed as the hoops and time it takes to get a diagnosis, some might never get one.

We were walking back from town one night a few weeks ago and started talking to a vanilla couple that came back to ours for drinks.

When he seen my chess set he started to explain how his mind works the same way as in The Queen's Gambit, same way mine does and then for the next 3 hours we would be explaining different examples and both of us were able to finish off the others example because we were so similar.

I've put that night here as it was the first time I've met and spoken to someone that was so similar since acknowledging I'm just different in a common way and not just weird. It turned out to be such a massive boost for me and helped to make me feel positive about myself.

Really hope an event like this can do the same for me and for others.

By *olly AngelWoman 16 weeks ago

Glasgow

Sounds good x

By *herubs Social EventsCouple 16 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Brilliant idea.. I Hope this goes well hunni

Have you ever seen big bang theory? Sheldon in it is a perfect example of me..

So for me, and every single person is different with what effects them, its overstimulation of noise, thats my worse one, particularly lots of noises at the same time. A packed pub with a dj playing, busy train carrage with people talking, playing music, the train sound bumping along all at the same time type thing.

Mobiles, i have a phobia of talking on the phone because im trying to listen to the person on the phone but external noise hurts so i cant listen. .. kids playing on ipads or people listening to their own phones with youtube or even calls on loudspeaker send me to meltdown where i am uncontrollable, i break down in tears, have to get away, get anxious my heart makes me feel like im having a heart attack i can barely breathe, i feel like i will vomit..

Even just talking in a conversation, if people dont say factually what they mean it upsets me. If they say everyone is going on that cruise it annoys me when everyone in the world is not on that cruise. What they said was incorrect.. to a normal person they know that not everyone can go on that cruise but i feel lied to...

Many other things but we dont have a lifetime for me to write and im getting bored of the smalltalk!

glasgow

Have you ever seen big bang theory? Sheldon in it is a perfect example of me..

So for me, and every single person is different with what effects them, its overstimulation of noise, thats my worse one, particularly lots of noises at the same time. A packed pub with a dj playing, busy train carrage with people talking, playing music, the train sound bumping along all at the same time type thing.

Mobiles, i have a phobia of talking on the phone because im trying to listen to the person on the phone but external noise hurts so i cant listen. .. kids playing on ipads or people listening to their own phones with youtube or even calls on loudspeaker send me to meltdown where i am uncontrollable, i break down in tears, have to get away, get anxious my heart makes me feel like im having a heart attack i can barely breathe, i feel like i will vomit..

Even just talking in a conversation, if people dont say factually what they mean it upsets me. If they say everyone is going on that cruise it annoys me when everyone in the world is not on that cruise. What they said was incorrect.. to a normal person they know that not everyone can go on that cruise but i feel lied to...

Many other things but we dont have a lifetime for me to write and im getting bored of the smalltalk!"

I wasn't going to reply to this even though I relate to a lot of what you go through until I sore your last point. This is a new thing I've discovered about how I work but actually it's always been there in the background.

I realise I take everything very literal but also I get stumped and not so much offended but have the uncontrollable need to correct something if someone was to say like your example everyone's going on the cruise.

It's probably also the reason why I struggle with jokes if I'm hearing it for the first time or from someone I don't know very well.

On the noise side, I've very in tune with my surroundings, especially stuff not everyone would even notice. I don't purposely listen into conversations but pick up on key things that might help assess the situation and then my brain highlights it for me. If there is to much noise from too many sources I struggle as it sends my brain crazy because I can't map and track where it's all coming from.

By *rofqawMan 16 weeks ago

Cumbernauld

This sounds brilliant. Hopefully it will come together.

glasgow

"Brilliant idea.. I Hope this goes well hunni "

Thank you

glasgow

Thank you for feed back guys

All coming together nicely

Updates to follow

Thank you so much xoxo

By *inky-girl-for-useWoman 16 weeks ago

Ayrshire/glasgow

"Thank you for feed back guys

All coming together nicely

Updates to follow

Thank you so much xoxo "

Ooh I’m interested in this

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

I’d be interested if it’s at a time I’m not working.

By *allerthanaverage79Man 15 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"Male half here, I've posted on a few of the other ND posts and would certainly be interested in this "

When is it, and can I keep the Mrs company while you attend? Lol x

By *allerthanaverage79Man 15 weeks ago

Ayrshire

It's always worth remembering that w are all on life's spectrum, no matter which end! X

By *uttymonkeyMan 15 weeks ago

devon

Ooo

South West by any chance?

By *o_Xo OP   Woman 15 weeks ago

glasgow

"Ooo

South West by any chance? "

Glasgow

By *ensualPleasurerMan 15 weeks ago

glasgow

Definitely sounds like a great idea. I'm not the best socially too in terms of being more introvert haha.

By *anuelMassageDelightMan 15 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I am into several types of therapy massage practice so I’d really like to know what is that about…

Manuel

By *ac_ShelbyMan 15 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I'm trying to push myself socially lately, not great in group settings without a partner, but sounds interesting.

By *teve the bullMan 15 weeks ago

dumfries

I'd be very interested, both my wife and I are autistic and have adhd and we tend to get on better with other nd people.

By *aughty_ex_newbiesCouple 15 weeks ago

Glasgow

Hi, I'm really interested in this

Mrs xx

By *ueen CatWoman 15 weeks ago

fife

Absolutely interested in this.

I'm an introverted extrovert with Asperger's , it's an interesting combination apparently

By (user no longer on site) 15 weeks ago

I am convinced I have ADHD but sadly never going to get a diagnosis as NHS is so swamped with mental health issues these days I was just fobbed off. Hope this goes well

By *um and WineCouple 15 weeks ago

Bathgate

We would definitely be interested

By *o_Xo OP   Woman 15 weeks ago

glasgow

Amazing guys thank you so much

By *onnieandClyde08Couple 15 weeks ago

Stirling

Happy to be involved