FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Saying no

Saying no

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lut for cum OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

Scotland

For conversation. We wouldn't accept saying no multiple times in person.

So why should it be acceptable on Fab and should Fab not have a way to manage this and keep people safe/remove people who persistently don't take no for an answer.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS 7 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

You can use the block function .

Scotland

Not the point though.

Block and they go do it with someone else. We all know that's the case.

By *ringles0510Woman 7 weeks ago

Central Borders

"You can use the block function . "

That's what I do as well. After the 3rd attempt they go on the block list x

Scotland

It's about what is re right behavior and what are admin going to accept as behavior on here.

They can clearly see content and messages sent.

Time to update terms, conditions and what is acceptable and will be accepted on this site.

Central Borders

I don't really have an issue with it tbh. Not sure why admin needs to get involved when someone is repeat messaging. Quick click on the block and it's sorted x

Scotland

Would you accept it in real life? And is it ok to not report inappropriate behavior and allow free rain to continue and do it to others.

That's the question.

By *opeyXWoman 7 weeks ago

Dun Dee

"For conversation. We wouldn't accept saying no multiple times in person.

So why should it be acceptable on Fab and should Fab not have a way to manage this and keep people safe/remove people who persistently don't take no for an answer."

Block button works for me. Plus its a good filter to notice this and not meet these people.

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman 7 weeks ago

Renfrewshire

What frightens me.

Imagine actually agreeing to meet them for a social & telling them no!

Only last week I was threatened with something absolutely disgusting if I had actually agreeded to meet them.

I only ever meet at clubs now. I just feel messages turn nasty quickly more than ever now.

By *eiaorganaWoman 7 weeks ago

Dundee

"Would you accept it in real life? And is it ok to not report inappropriate behavior and allow free rain to continue and do it to others.

That's the question. "

I really don't think it's worth getting worked up about. I'd just block them and save getting admin involved for more important issues.

The block button is provided for you to use as you see fit. Yes they're probably doing it with other people too but they also have the block option. These people will never learn to change their behaviour, that's their problem.

You also have the option to use your filters and just go hunting for potential playmates yourself.

By *pready MercuryWoman 7 weeks ago

lanarkshire

The thing to remember is fab is manned by volunteers and they dont have the man power or time to sift through every message sent ... ultimatley you are responsible for your own saftey , if its a case of someone chancing their luck by mails then i think its blown outta proportion as a saftey issue ... there is a block button there for any annoyances .. if its anything other than an annoyance then you can report it and it gets looked into .

Scotland

Not getting worked up whatsoever.

Worrying the amount who say block. It should not be acceptable to not take no for an answer in anyway never mind it being on Fab.

It's preditory and dangerous and shouldn't be brushed aside for the next profile to deal with.

Scotland

Fab still have the manpower to take membership and remove posts slatting Fab. Probably this post.

If you can't support appropriate behavior you should not have a platform if you don't police it.

Should Fab not take responsibility and make sure they man it to protect people?

lanarkshire

"Not getting worked up whatsoever.

Worrying the amount who say block. It should not be acceptable to not take no for an answer in anyway never mind it being on Fab.

It's preditory and dangerous and shouldn't be brushed aside for the next profile to deal with."

But is it really there's a big difference in someone chancing it through a few mail on a swingers site to being a predator , think thats quite a dangerous sweeping statement

Scotland

Not as dangerous as yours saying hey it's ok to do it and Fab don't have the manpower to deal with it.

You simply would not accept it and if it was persistent in real life you certainly would report it no?

Call it a draw as what I find dangerous is you sticking up for a platform rather than reading the posts. One being serious threats to someone. Messages from someone we would call a predator I am sure you will agree.

lanarkshire

"Fab still have the manpower to take membership and remove posts slatting Fab. Probably this post.

If you can't support appropriate behavior you should not have a platform if you don't police it.

Should Fab not take responsibility and make sure they man it to protect people?"

there is over 30,000 members online at this moment surely ye cannae expect every mail to be policed , if there is any concerns thats what the report functions for .

By *idden Gem69Woman 7 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"Fab still have the manpower to take membership and remove posts slatting Fab. Probably this post.

Should Fab not take responsibility and make sure they man it to protect people?"

No its not fabs responsibility, you sign up to a site its your responsibility to look out for yourself, fab give you tools to use the rest is up to you.. people can be predatory anywhere online or in real life.

Scotland

When reported yes.

I had a message about someone being threatened with assault and all that was done was blocking each other not banning the account with the message saying they would do that.

Says it all really.

lanarkshire

"Not as dangerous as yours saying hey it's ok to do it and Fab don't have the manpower to deal with it.

You simply would not accept it and if it was persistent in real life you certainly would report it no?

Call it a draw as what I find dangerous is you sticking up for a platform rather than reading the posts. One being serious threats to someone. Messages from someone we would call a predator I am sure you will agree."

tht wasnt what you posted though , you posted about messages , not threats or preditory behaviour , im all for women being safe but im all for men not being tarred as a predator because he send a few too many mails .. its overhyping a situation and thats dangerous in itself .

By *assy LassieWoman 7 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Not getting worked up whatsoever.

It's preditory and dangerous and shouldn't be brushed aside for the next profile to deal with."

That escalated from excessive messaging to dangerous and predatory pretty quickly.

We all need to take responsibility for our own safety on here. Fab won't hold your hand to a meet. That's a decision you take yourself

Also bet your bottom dollar if the person is being a dick with they are doing the same to others.

Banning the profile just let's them set up a new one where all their previous blocks dissappear and they start all over again.

Block and move on!

lanarkshire

"

That escalated from excessive messaging to dangerous and predatory pretty quickly.

We all need to take responsibility for our own safety on here. Fab won't hold your hand to a meet. That's a decision you take yourself

Also bet your bottom dollar if the person is being a dick with they are doing the same to others.

Banning the profile just let's them set up a new one where all their previous blocks dissappear and they start all over again.

Block and move on!"

Absolutely this .. we all have responsibility for or own safety . What absolutely baffles me is that from messaging someone ye get labelled a predator, As hard as it is for us women this just shows how hard guys have it on here that they can be labelled the worse thing a guy could be labelled all because he sent a few too many messages , as much as women should be protected so should guys on here as mud sticks. X

Central Borders

"Not as dangerous as yours saying hey it's ok to do it and Fab don't have the manpower to deal with it.

Call it a draw as what I find dangerous is you sticking up for a platform rather than reading the posts. One being serious threats to someone. Messages from someone we would call a predator I am sure you will agree."

In real life you wouldn't be displaying yourself naked / having sex / in skimpy lingerie for everyone to see. Lighten up and use that block button

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 7 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"For conversation. We wouldn't accept saying no multiple times in person.

So why should it be acceptable on Fab and should Fab not have a way to manage this and keep people safe/remove people who persistently don't take no for an answer."

why not use the tools fab give you and block everyone then do your own searches .

That way you are only chatting to those you are interested in .

By *assy LassieWoman 7 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"

Block and move on!

Absolutely this .. we all have responsibility for or own safety . What absolutely baffles me is that from messaging someone ye get labelled a predator, As hard as it is for us women this just shows how hard guys have it on here that they can be labelled the worse thing a guy could be labelled all because he sent a few too many messages , as much as women should be protected so should guys on here as mud sticks. X"

Yip. This too. Guys get a rough deal on here and 90% of those I've spoken to have been lovely. Others.... well block n forget

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 7 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"

Block and move on!

Absolutely this .. we all have responsibility for or own safety . What absolutely baffles me is that from messaging someone ye get labelled a predator, As hard as it is for us women this just shows how hard guys have it on here that they can be labelled the worse thing a guy could be labelled all because he sent a few too many messages , as much as women should be protected so should guys on here as mud sticks. X"

Spot on

By *uctifanoWoman 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

I agree with Spready, Sassy and Pringles. However I can see a little of what the OP means too. I’ve often thought that as a final step before using the site, a simple few questions to answer might help. For example one could be what does a non response mean ~ answer, a polite no thanks. It’s one of the commonest questions on the forum from guys and yet it’s right in the site help and FAQ’s.

By *dinburgerMan 7 weeks ago

Perthshire

"The thing to remember is fab is manned by volunteers and they dont have the man power or time to sift through every message sent ... ultimatley you are responsible for your own saftey , if its a case of someone chancing their luck by mails then i think its blown outta proportion as a saftey issue ... there is a block button there for any annoyances .. if its anything other than an annoyance then you can report it and it gets looked into ."

Can I just say that yours and Kate Winslut are the top Fab usernames!

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 7 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

A resounding overall nod to using the block button. It's simple and if that means the bellend moves on to someone else, let them block him as well as infinitum. They will soon get bored I'm sure.

I don't know how the mods would police it tbh.

If they are using threatening language etc, then report them.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 7 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"The thing to remember is fab is manned by volunteers and they dont have the man power or time to sift through every message sent ... ultimatley you are responsible for your own saftey , if its a case of someone chancing their luck by mails then i think its blown outta proportion as a saftey issue ... there is a block button there for any annoyances .. if its anything other than an annoyance then you can report it and it gets looked into .

Can I just say that yours and Kate Winslut are the top Fab usernames! "

As well as Nicole Shireswinger

By *ellinever70Woman 7 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I only say no once

There's nothing to say afterwards

» Add a new message to this topic