First club visit what to expect

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urious2for2 OP   Couple 6 weeks ago

Aberdeen

We are attending CJs 20th April as complete newcomers any tips

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otmrmrs2024Couple 6 weeks ago

Edinburgh

We have been tried as newbie’s and not a single person spoke to us while we were there

By *hogun300Man 6 weeks ago

Dundee

"We have been tried as newbie’s and not a single person spoke to us while we were there "

This can happen. But it's the same for all. You have to make the effort to speak to others too. We are guilty at times of not mingling and keeping to ourselves and that's on us. Everyone is friendly and most are approachable. The misconception Is it is cliquey but I think its more that many know each other and are comfortable in that environment. It does not mean you can't then speak to them too.

By *oisonSlutWoman 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

"We have been tried as newbie’s and not a single person spoke to us while we were there "

The secret with CJs is to go in the kitchen. There’s generally people there that will chat and interact with you. Don’t go with the preconception that you will get to play with people you chat to or only try to chat to people you are interested in playing with, go along, smile, sit at the kitchen table for five minutes and say hello to anyone else sitting there or anyone who walks in and you’ll soon start meeting people. I’m certain that whoever gave you the club tour would have pointed out or introduced you to someone in passing - both Caroline and Maggie are fabulous at doing that and not abandoning a newbie without them having met at least one ‘friendly regular’. It’s also about choosing the night to attend. Fun For All, Tv and admirers and Greedy Girl nights are generally much friendlier and chattier than Couples and Single Females. We gave up on the couples nights long ago. Another way is just to go into the couples room and start playing with each other in the beds alongside others - ask to join in with another couple or ask couples to join you whilst you’re playing.

By *otbeefandonionsCouple 6 weeks ago

Bathgate

We quickly learned that if you sit waiting for people to come and speak to you, that you'll probably be waiting a very long time. Make an effort to talk to people, chat at a bar, the toilets, even ask a group if you can sit with them as you're newbie's.

By *ot - CoupleCouple 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

Don't get d*unk is the most important. Go and talk to other people. Don't just sit in the lounge, walk about the place, or, go into the kitchen where the buffet is, usually people will talk to you in there. The couples and single females room is a good place to start if you want to be active.

Aberdeen

We are open chatting to people and keen to mingle, thanks for all the advice. Is it dress down in certain areas etc?

Dundee

"We are open chatting to people and keen to mingle, thanks for all the advice. Is it dress down in certain areas etc? "

No, down stairs is social area, up stairs is play but your own personal choice if clothed or not.

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

A sticker:

“I’m new here, say hello”

By *otmrmrs2024Couple 6 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Definitely

By *ab365XMan 6 weeks ago

Paisley

I had a whale of a time in the smoking area, & couldn’t get away!

Aberdeen

CJ’s or afterdark what’s peoples thoughts?

By *ane DTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Glasgow & Surrounds

If you go to cjs there is normally a pre drinks. Falcon43 is probably the best person to talk to.

J

By *ab365XMan 6 weeks ago

Paisley

I’ve been to CJ’s a couple of times, I’ve heard After Dark is waaaay better!

Dundee

"CJ’s or afterdark what’s peoples thoughts? "

They are very different. AD has more industrial feel with a big bar area, pool table and rooms etc of to the sides. All on one floor and has has brighter lighting.

Cjs is over 2 floors with down stairs the social area, bar, lounge area kitchen etc. Upstairs is play, darker lighting throughout.

As a club I prefer cjs due to it having for me a better lay out and more to see. Especially if enjoy watching.

By *razytimesinloveCouple 6 weeks ago

SW Scotland

"CJ’s or afterdark what’s peoples thoughts? "

We’d pick afterdark. Dungeon areas are better and can close the door/blinds.

There’s actual sheets on the beds, whenever we’ve been at cj’s it’s just a rubber type mattress.

By *luebell888Woman 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

And did you speak to them. It takes two to converse.

By *luebell888Woman 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

"We have been tried as newbie’s and not a single person spoke to us while we were there

And did you speak to them. It takes two to converse. "

I did not mean to be cheeky but people would not necessarily know you were new. I recently met a new couple at a club because they were introducing themselves and chatting to everyone they saw. Sitting quietly in a corner will do you no favours.

By *eiaorganaWoman 6 weeks ago

Dundee

"CJ’s or afterdark what’s peoples thoughts?

We’d pick afterdark. Dungeon areas are better and can close the door/blinds.

There’s actual sheets on the beds, whenever we’ve been at cj’s it’s just a rubber type mattress. "

I've been to CJs numerous times over the years and never experienced a rubber mattress. They are proper double beds with sheets

» Add a new message to this topic