FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Lost in translation

Lost in translation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pready Mercury OP   Woman 4 weeks ago

lanarkshire

i get humour is subjective , but i think that its sometimes (mostly) lost in translation.. i think scottish humour is the best humour ye can get (biased i know) most because that its pretty self deprecating , we find humour in all situations.. whats your thoughts ? x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lasgowHorseyMan 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"i get humour is subjective , but i think that its sometimes (mostly) lost in translation.. i think scottish humour is the best humour ye can get (biased i know) most because that its pretty self deprecating , we find humour in all situations.. whats your thoughts ? x

"

Can’t tell

I’m very dry and not funny and don’t see much thing funny

By *pready Mercury OP   Woman 4 weeks ago

lanarkshire

"i get humour is subjective , but i think that its sometimes (mostly) lost in translation.. i think scottish humour is the best humour ye can get (biased i know) most because that its pretty self deprecating , we find humour in all situations.. whats your thoughts ? x

Can’t tell

I’m very dry and not funny and don’t see much thing funny "

ha i'll crack the jokes ,your a total windup

By *ookie69Man 4 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

I never joined Fab for sex

I joined Fab for some throw away banter and humour.

Through banter and humour I found myself successfully having sex

By *he ShivsCouple 4 weeks ago

fife

I don’t think a lot of people outside of Scotland get our humour. I find myself dialing it down a little on here sometimes.

Humour doesn’t always come across as intended online either. People interpret things differently.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 4 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"

it gets lost in translation in the written word because to get how the humour is intended I think you need facial expressions for that

By *ordflash heartMan 4 weeks ago

Motherwell

You can’t beat scottish humour, definitely find it hard to express this on forum. I really like how we Scots give people nicknames it cracks me up the names. Giraffe neck, The clock, The statue.

Whistle Dixie

it gets lost in translation in the written word because to get how the humour is intended I think you need facial expressions for that "

I agree, xx

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

Scottish humour is the best but on here it can be lost as it’s hard to tell how somebody means something through a message or post if you don’t know them and haven’t spoken to them. But I take everything In the spirit it was meant even if Im getting slagged off

By *otmrmrs2024Couple 4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I am going to be honest with you, in my own humble opinion without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter from a distinctive perspective, I would like to say I have nothing to say about my sense of humour

By *uctifanoWoman 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"

Agreed, all the best humour comes from working class cities too. It’s having that observation of all the daft things people do and being able to laugh at yourself. Glasgow is very good at that

By *panksspankedMan 4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Well I think I'm funny!

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

I think humour is difficult to translate in text because there is no emotion or signals of the intended humour, therefore a message’s emotive intent is translated by the mood of the recipient, that and a lots of people intentionally looking to be offended at every opportunity.

By *macv9Woman 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Geoff Capes would have shite up his back if he ate that amount of chocolate. Take a hike chancer."

Yeah, think you need to be Scottish

By *rdadjokesMan 4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I Work with someone who lived abroad for many years and has come back and hates the Scottish banter as he was use to being in a position of respect

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 4 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

Scottish banter is fantastic. It is beaten firmly into second place by Forces (Army) humour.

Now, Scottish Regiments...

By *agnar73Man 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I think humour is difficult to translate in text because there is no emotion or signals of the intended humour, therefore a message’s emotive intent is translated by the mood of the recipient, that and a lots of people intentionally looking to be offended at every opportunity."

Difficult at times with the limited emojis on forums and as someone said above you’ve gotta dial it back sometimes in case it goes over wrongly.

By *anny schmellerMan 4 weeks ago

falkirk

lol....because of the cost of living crisis. I decided to put all my dogging gear on ebay.

Nobody is is bidding on it yet....but it's got 11 watchers

Whistle Dixie

"Scottish humour is the best but on here it can be lost as it’s hard to tell how somebody means something through a message or post if you don’t know them and haven’t spoken to them. But I take everything In the spirit it was meant even if Im getting slagged off "

This is actually me.

A lot of people recognise with me that they aren’t sure if I’m joking or being serious.

My answer to that is, for the past 17 yrs I’ve used the site with a massive chunk of banter. Sex needs to be fun for me on the build up. Of course there is a serious side whilst meeting but one of my downfalls is, I get embarrassed quite easily talking about it. Just feckin do it. Maybe that incites my spontaneity.

Throw the damn banter back at me ffs, it keeps it fun.

» Add a new message to this topic