FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Turkey

Turkey

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hyme2020 OP   Woman 2 weeks ago

Glasgow Scotland

Hi all. I’m just looking for a bit of advice, especially from the ladies. Have any of you gone to Turkey just you and your kids and never worried at all about your safety or anything? I have never been but have heard very mixed reports about it being amazing for families and also that it can be very sleazy. I’m just looking for experiences form women going on their or own with kids as compared to those going with a partner present or extended family. I hope I’m not offending anyone, but I know some places are bound to feel safer for women travelers than others. If you have been, any areas better than others? I’m not a fan of all inclusive if you can’t go out of resort, but Turkey coming up fairly reasonable for the summer. Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 2 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I’ve been many times

It really depends what resort your thinking of too

If I was younger and going with children then I’d choose Antalya the hotels are a different class to Marmaris and they have everything a young family could ever want .

If it’s night life you are after then I’d say choose Marmaris .

Wherever you end up ul have an amazing time and be perfectly safe .

Glasgow Scotland

"I’ve been many times

If I was younger and going with children then I’d choose Antalya the hotels are a different class to Marmaris and they have everything a young family could ever want .

Wherever you end up ul have an amazing time and be perfectly safe ."

Someone made the comment to me that when you’re single the men are all over you. I certainly don’t want that for me or my teenage daughter. I have a younger one too so we won’t be wanting nightlife as such but some nice cocktail places to go to at night after dinner without being restricted to staying in a complex

Glasgow Scotland

"I’ve been many times

Wherever you end up ul have an amazing time and be perfectly safe ."

Is marmaris as a resort nice though if I did go, as there are some pretty good deals for there with great trip advisor reviews as well

"I’ve been many times

Wherever you end up ul have an amazing time and be perfectly safe .

Someone made the comment to me that when you’re single the men are all over you. I certainly don’t want that for me or my teenage daughter. I have a younger one too so we won’t be wanting nightlife as such but some nice cocktail places to go to at night after dinner without being restricted to staying in a complex "

well I’d say Marmaris but maybe avoid bar street and got to some of the other bars away from there .

I’m sure if you have young children with you you will be alright

By *ookie69Man 2 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

If in doubt, rule it out.

There is plenty of Holiday resorts and destinations that would suit you.

Your priority is you and the children.

No matter what people say, you will worry about. Eliminate the risks.

Have a lovely time with your family wherever you go

By *avid_C78Man 2 weeks ago

Fife

We have recently been and went to Belek, beautiful hotel and felt very safe.

Glasgow Scotland

Thanks to those who have responded, but please keep messages to the forum post. Do not send me messages privately offering me your house in turkey for myself and my children to stay with you and to have sex with you. Totally inappropriate no matter how beautiful your house or home town may be! This message has now totally put me off visiting Turkey after you telling me how lovely Turkish people would be. You have shown that by inviting a stranger and her children to your house to stay and we can have sex if I want. Crossed the line there.

By *hogun300Man 2 weeks ago

Dundee

"Thanks to those who have responded, but please keep messages to the forum post. Do not send me messages privately offering me your house in turkey for myself and my children to stay with you and to have sex with you. Totally inappropriate no matter how beautiful your house or home town may be! This message has now totally put me off visiting Turkey after you telling me how lovely Turkish people would be. You have shown that by inviting a stranger and her children to your house to stay and we can have sex if I want. Crossed the line there. "

What is wrong with some people? Please don't let that put you off the country. Its a beautiful place and I was there 2 years ago with family and gad an awesome time. I was also there 20 odx years ago and did see more if a sleaze side that occasion. Think everywhere has good and bad.

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman 2 weeks ago

Renfrewshire

I've never fancied turkey for the very same reason.

Glasgow Scotland

"Thanks to those who have responded, but please keep messages to the forum post. Do not send me messages privately offering me your house in turkey for myself and my children to stay with you and to have sex with you. Totally inappropriate no matter how beautiful your house or home town may be! This message has now totally put me off visiting Turkey after you telling me how lovely Turkish people would be. You have shown that by inviting a stranger and her children to your house to stay and we can have sex if I want. Crossed the line there.

What is wrong with some people? Please don't let that put you off the country. Its a beautiful place and I was there 2 years ago with family and gad an awesome time. I was also there 20 odx years ago and did see more if a sleaze side that occasion. Think everywhere has good and bad. "

I do think everywhere has good and bad, but as a solo female traveller with kids I have been warned that it’s totally different than if you go with a man with you. His attitude has just made me think exactly that

By *ookie69Man 2 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

If you’ve been warned, why consider it?

"Thanks to those who have responded, but please keep messages to the forum post. Do not send me messages privately offering me your house in turkey for myself and my children to stay with you and to have sex with you. Totally inappropriate no matter how beautiful your house or home town may be! This message has now totally put me off visiting Turkey after you telling me how lovely Turkish people would be. You have shown that by inviting a stranger and her children to your house to stay and we can have sex if I want. Crossed the line there.

What is wrong with some people? Please don't let that put you off the country. Its a beautiful place and I was there 2 years ago with family and gad an awesome time. I was also there 20 odx years ago and did see more if a sleaze side that occasion. Think everywhere has good and bad.

I do think everywhere has good and bad, but as a solo female traveller with kids I have been warned that it’s totally different than if you go with a man with you. His attitude has just made me think exactly that

"

Ive been many times and to be honest most of the guys in bars are very friendly with everyone and so helpful too .

I’ve never seen any guys being over friendly with females who are there with children .

Single women are a different story all together .

As with all resorts anywhere they want your money so there will always be people on the streets trying to get you into their bars & restaurants

There are a few Marmaris pages on Fb you should look them up as they are a good source of information .

What I will say with regards to the guy who’s messaged you is that there will always be guys like this no matter where you go who are disrespectful in that way and will always chance theur arm regardless .

As your opening post says uve had mixed reviews on it like you will no where you end up .

Wherever you go I’m sure ul have a great time

By *ennyjMan 2 weeks ago

falkirk

As a single parent who took his teenage daughter ( marmaris ) I was a bit concerned but everything was fine , maybe because I was male and keeping a strict eye on things , only thing I would caution was waiters in hotel and poolside were a bit more forward than the ones in bars , but a good hard scottish stare sorted them out lol

By *rNiceGuy1Man 2 weeks ago

Scotland

Bodrum/Gumbet is fantastic family resort short transfer too.

By *9GUYMan 2 weeks ago

Inverness

Single dad with a six year old going in July to Marmaris, it’s great, easy going nice people

By *lasgowHorseyMan 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Hi all. I’m just looking for a bit of advice, especially from the ladies. Have any of you gone to Turkey just you and your kids and never worried at all about your safety or anything? I have never been but have heard very mixed reports about it being amazing for families and also that it can be very sleazy. I’m just looking for experiences form women going on their or own with kids as compared to those going with a partner present or extended family. I hope I’m not offending anyone, but I know some places are bound to feel safer for women travelers than others. If you have been, any areas better than others? I’m not a fan of all inclusive if you can’t go out of resort, but Turkey coming up fairly reasonable for the summer. Thank you "

Been to turkey about 8 times give or take, Mamaris, Izmir, kudadasi, Didam Beach, Antalya, Istanbul and in general it was amazing except I’m a guy and I was with my kids or the early times with the ex and it’s a different experience. Antalya wasn’t good as my daughter confronted a guy who was staring at her and it was happening all day so from couples or males stating their view it’s different as they are not a single female with kids which is totally different experience. As a family it’s fantastic.

If you feel in any doubt, don’t book but then again we could say that about any place we stay on holiday

Where you choose I hope you and the kids have a fantastic time

By *kinner 56Man 2 weeks ago

Cumbernauld

In belek just now it's superb the place is great staff brilliant don't think ill go anywhere else definitely recommend golf is great aswell lol ??

By *implyfun1Man 2 weeks ago

glasgow

Turkey holiday vilage in Sarigermi is incredible for kids

It’s like twenty mins or so from Dalaman airport so it’s stress free on the coach

You can take a short taxi trip down into the village for a change of scenery

There’s plenty of shops there a few restaurants and bars it’s honestly very friendly and hassle free definitely worth considering if your going to Turkey with wee ones I would definitely recommend it for sure

Glasgow Scotland

Thanks for all the responses about Turkey. Must have been from men though and while I completely appreciate your feedback, your experience there would be very different from a woman on her own going. That’s why I wanted to check with the ladies. From what I have heard, men do not approach women or families when there is a man about, so was looking for perspective from a lone lady on her own with children. Appreciate it all though, thank you!

By *laitsWoman 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

As a young teenager I went with my father and his girlfriend and another friend of mine. Awful time with hassle. It was a large resort.

For years I went with my mother as an older teen I think the last time I was 19/20. My mum would have been in her late 40s. Never a problem, this was a much smaller resort. This was 20 years ago but sounds like not much has changed.

By *xybumWoman 2 weeks ago

East Kilbride

I went to altinkum a few times just my son and I a few years ago and never had any problems, my son had a great time, all the guys that worked in the hotel were fantastic with kids! It was an all inclusive hotel and we didn’t go out and about that much but the beaches there are amazing too. I wouldn’t let 1 message from an idiot put you off x

» Add a new message to this topic