FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > atari or Commodore 64?

atari or Commodore 64?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akedninja OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Nothing like retro gaming to hark us back to gaming of days gone by...the fabulous precursors to todays highly sophisticated gadgets... What did you have and what did you prefer? Im all for the Atari's all the way!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Atri, remember playing on it as a child.

Still at my parents house.

Can't remember the games on it though.

edinburgh

"Atri, remember playing on it as a child.

Still at my parents house.

Can't remember the games on it though. "

lol your not the only one...think there was a basic tennis one and space invaders if ny memory serves me correctly in my old age lol I think to much menial game playing in my childhood has fried my grey matter

By *reacherUKMan  over a year ago

Livingston

I had a C64 with a tape drive. I spent hours with a mate plugging in a programme from a magazine. It never worked and it never did anything useful.

Not a games player so never really bothered.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Atari...

Ping Pong Tennis...

Kept us amused for hours

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I had a spectrum 128k!!!! Lol

I'm too young! Lol

I think my older cousins had one but I preferred to play with my dollies and then my bike

Tho I do have standard grade computing which was done on a bbc basic

1st gaming I did was on a sega master system - I was Tetris queen

L xxx

edinburgh

"I had a C64 with a tape drive. I spent hours with a mate plugging in a programme from a magazine. It never worked and it never did anything useful.

Not a games player so never really bothered."

oh dear...that doesn't sound like fun! I hated having to wait what seemed like forever for the game to load lol

edinburgh

"I'm too young! Lol

I think my older cousins had one but I preferred to play with my dollies and then my bike

Tho I do have standard grade computing which was done on a bbc basic

1st gaming I did was on a sega master system - I was Tetris queen

L xxx "

I was always more interested in girls and too busy getting in and out of trouble to spend too much of my wasted youth gaming nmy life away lol

edinburgh

"I had a spectrum 128k!!!! Lol "
wow now there's a blast from the past! I had one aswell although I can vaguely remember much about them as I had so many different game consoles lol

edinburgh

"Atari...

Ping Pong Tennis...

Kept us amused for hours "

hmmm it's incredible how far gaming has advanced in such a small space of time from ping pong tennis to the beating people to death with a crowbar,shooting cops,fucking prostitutes in public,stealing cars,joyriding and running women with peaks over (grand theft auto) and they say videogames don't influence kids to do crazy things

By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

C64, took ages to load a game from the tape deck. Had the Hobbit game and remember I had to draw a map as I went along middle earth lol

Had a Commodore 64 and a vic 20. Had a spectrum 48 then a 128. Had a mega drive and a master system. Loved them all!

By *andG4moreCouple  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

Zx spectrum 48k with rubber keys. perfect for playing daley thomsons decathlon. zxzxzxzxzxzxzx space bar lol

or how about horrace goes skiing. frogger or my personal favourite. manic minor.

Used to love playing scrable and make up words. the computer would then ask is this a word and i would always say yep. triple word score with a 7 letter word with qxyz.as my letters lol

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Atari...

Ping Pong Tennis...

Kept us amused for hours hmmm it's incredible how far gaming has advanced in such a small space of time from ping pong tennis to the beating people to death with a crowbar,shooting cops,fucking prostitutes in public,stealing cars,joyriding and running women with peaks over (grand theft auto) and they say videogames don't influence kids to do crazy things"

Oh dunno....

My sister and I used to take our mattress off our beds, put them in hall upstairs and throw ourselves against them like ping pong tennis.....UNTIL my sister bounced off hers and went down a flight of stairs LOL

Gawd it was soooooo funny!!!

I started off with the ZX81 with the 16K RAM pack, then it was a Spectrum, then an Amstrad (think it was a CPC464, but it had a built in tape deck)

After that I had a big decision to make.....Atari or Commodore....the ST or the Amiga.

And I went with the ST....the 520 initially before upgrading to the 1040.

Commodore 64 all the way!!! It is the best selling home computer of all time for starters, and revenue from the C64 went into development of the Amiga, which was the best home computer from 1985 until 1995. Commodore were the best computer manufacturer of the 20th century.

Wow majority of these I havent even heard of. You folks must be ancient!!!!

Atari. Leapfrog, and one about a skateboarding kid who had to get to school on time

Master system. Alec The kid. Was a free game built in. Double dragon was a good game too. There was a motorcycle one too where u could fight other cyclists

Always wanted a mega drive but never got one haha

Falkirk

"I had a spectrum 128k!!!! Lol wow now there's a blast from the past! I had one aswell although I can vaguely remember much about them as I had so many different game consoles lol"

It was black and had the tape deck built onto the end lol

Falkirk

"I had a spectrum 128k!!!! Lol wow now there's a blast from the past! I had one aswell although I can vaguely remember much about them as I had so many different game consoles lol

It was black and had the tape deck built onto the end lol "

Yes kids!!! I said tape deck built into it!! Lol

Was a bit of a pisser when you would wait all that time for it to load, then it would crash. Bugger. Fave games were Jet Set Willie, Tapper and Manic Miner.

"Was a bit of a pisser when you would wait all that time for it to load, then it would crash. Bugger. Fave games were Jet Set Willie, Tapper and Manic Miner. "

Daley Thomson's Decatholon....hate to think how many joysticks I knackered trying to master the 100m

edinburgh

"I had a spectrum 128k!!!! Lol wow now there's a blast from the past! I had one aswell although I can vaguely remember much about them as I had so many different game consoles lol

It was black and had the tape deck built onto the end lol "

oh yea thats right! Lol they were pish though lol

edinburgh

"Was a bit of a pisser when you would wait all that time for it to load, then it would crash. Bugger. Fave games were Jet Set Willie, Tapper and Manic Miner.

Daley Thomson's Decatholon....hate to think how many joysticks I knackered trying to master the 100m"

lol

edinburgh

"Wow majority of these I havent even heard of. You folks must be ancient!!!!

Atari. Leapfrog, and one about a skateboarding kid who had to get to school on time

Master system. Alec The kid. Was a free game built in. Double dragon was a good game too. There was a motorcycle one too where u could fight other cyclists hmm yea they were some good games....the bike game was road rage

Always wanted a mega drive but never got one haha "

edinburgh

"Was a bit of a pisser when you would wait all that time for it to load, then it would crash. Bugger. Fave games were Jet Set Willie, Tapper and Manic Miner. "
yea your not joking!

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Zx spectrum for me ...at the time state of the art but looking back it was pure shit

edinburgh

"Commodore 64 all the way!!! It is the best selling home computer of all time for starters, and revenue from the C64 went into development of the Amiga, which was the best home computer from 1985 until 1995. Commodore were the best computer manufacturer of the 20th century."
erm don't tell me that you work in IT or your just a massive C64 fan? Lol

edinburgh

"I started off with the ZX81 with the 16K RAM pack, then it was a Spectrum, then an Amstrad (think it was a CPC464, but it had a built in tape deck)

After that I had a big decision to make.....Atari or Commodore....the ST or the Amiga.

And I went with the ST....the 520 initially before upgrading to the 1040."

wow you took it to another level,I just was happy enough to be gifted an Atari for xmas & I played on a friends C64 so that's how I got my comparison between the two

edinburgh

"Atari...

Ping Pong Tennis...

Oh dunno....

My sister and I used to take our mattress off our beds, put them in hall upstairs and throw ourselves against them like ping pong tennis.....UNTIL my sister bounced off hers and went down a flight of stairs LOL.....

Gawd it was soooooo funny!!! "

oh dear....hope she wasn't hurt. Lol...shame there wasn't such a thing as youtube and camera phones back then eh x

edinburgh

"Zx spectrum for me ...at the time state of the art but looking back it was pure shit "
yea I had one aswell...im sure it must've cost about £120 aswell! Lol

edinburgh

"Zx spectrum for me ...at the time state of the art but looking back it was pure shit "
yea I had one aswell...im sure it must've cost about £120 aswell! Lol

"erm don't tell me that you work in IT or your just a massive C64 fan? Lol "

Some people are Apple fanboys, some are Microsoft fanboys, other rarer ones are Linux fanboys. I am the rarest of the rare: a Commodore fanboy.

edinburgh

"erm don't tell me that you work in IT or your just a massive C64 fan? Lol

Some people are Apple fanboys, some are Microsoft fanboys, other rarer ones are Linux fanboys. I am the rarest of the rare: a Commodore fanboy."

lol I was always more interested in the great outdoors and getting into trouble or playing with the ladies than sitting at home knackering my joystick & damaging my eyes lol

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I had a commodore 64 & played turrican on it all the time.

Before that I had a bbc micro with jetpac on the cassette drive, anyone remember that one?

edinburgh

"I had a commodore 64 & played turrican on it all the time.

Before that I had a bbc micro with jetpac on the cassette drive, anyone remember that one?"

wow that's some heavy hardware...I had one that ran on coal and was made of sticks and stones...forget the name of it but it's featured in the Flintstones

» Add a new message to this topic