FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Bloody roads!

Bloody roads!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

On BBC News,

Fife Council are advising not to travel at all because they have run out of salt and grit, again.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The roads are full of blood???

Theres been a murrdur!!!

missing half his heid

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"On BBC News,

Fife Council are advising not to travel at all because they have run out of salt and grit, again. "

John Swinney says they're lying yet we saw the empty depot with our own eyes, didn't we?

"On BBC News,

Fife Council are advising not to travel at all because they have run out of salt and grit, again. "

Wish we could take his advice Laine, but us lot have gotta keep the Scottish shop shelves flowing with food, lol

....all I know is I'm sending the wee one and his pals to the beach to get me some sand for my drive, the cul-de-sac here is terrible with black ice and snow on top wish I still had a coal fire so I could scatter the ashes.

you dont think Swinney could be lying do you? I mean hes a politician. No no im sure hes honest lol

there has been a murrrrrrrrrrrderrrrrrr she wants to scatter ashes!

er...guess

"you dont think Swinney could be lying do you? I mean hes a politician. No no im sure hes honest lol"

Down at the foot of the Canongate he's known as John Swindle.

As long as the roads are clear to get to work tomorrow.

The footpaths may be ice rinks, at least the roads are clear.

just passed the road depot on the way for lunch... usually piled high with salt....

was like mother hubbard's cupboard BARE...

diddly squat....

foot paths are a death trap as i skidded on it this afternoon while approaching the house couldn't belive it fell off tried 2 control the bike an landed hard on the ice elbow is bruise up

i do feel sorry for the old folk around my area the ice is very bad not been touch by the council

er...guess

Bike? In these road conditions?

its a mountin bike i use been every were with it its fine for the roads as most roads are clear just the paths that are deadly

i have a bag of grit and salt going to the highest bidder i filled it at the local roads yard and they have loads left

mr Me

er...guess

"its a mountin bike i use been every were with it its fine for the roads as most roads are clear just the paths that are deadly"

That's a bit like falling off a skyscraper. Quite safe except for the last wee bit.

send them over to us

1 penny

er...guess

"i have a bag of grit and salt going to the highest bidder i filled it at the local roads yard and they have loads left

mr Me "

There's a list on the Glasgow dot gov website where all the kerbside grit bins are located.

bloody terrible down here no seen a gritter for days pavements no clear roads are bloody disgraceful and im meant to be at glasgow tomorrow!! no bloody chance im a drivin if there no grit!! yay lazy day whooo!!!

"i have a bag of grit and salt going to the highest bidder i filled it at the local roads yard and they have loads left

mr Me

There's a list on the Glasgow dot gov website where all the kerbside grit bins are located."

we did had some of them but they have been since burnt by bored kids in the area

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

"bloody terrible down here no seen a gritter for days pavements no clear roads are bloody disgraceful and im meant to be at glasgow tomorrow!! no bloody chance im a drivin if there no grit!! yay lazy day whooo!!! "

pavenments and culdesac no seen a gritter or grit since before xmas

we should stop paying their council tax

"we should stop paying their council tax

"

agree, have had to dig ma car out everyday for the last 4 days, my road not seen any grit since last year, and to top it off they sent the pavement plough on bin collection day....bloody thing spent more time on the road driving past the wheelie bins !

I've got a drum of Saxa in the kitchen cupboard - I'll send it up. Should get there by this time tomorrow - sit tight till then all will be well

By *addie bunnetMan  over a year ago

glasgow

yous can all blame the goverment they changed the law about 10 years ago now so that ur local council only needs to grit bus routes maybe u should all get on this new butt jim murphy case hes in control of the money not the snp lol

i got salt stuff out the poundshop before it got bad and been puttin it down on the old dudes next doors path so they can get out house safely to thier car but been doin their shoppin with mine as the roads are too bad for him to drive safely! the amount of accidents with falls down here has been terrible!! our bus route not gritted so no buses either glad i dont pay bloody council tax!!

I seem to remember councils having to buy imported grit etc. last year and the snow wasn't nearly as bad as it is this year.

er...guess

"yous can all blame the goverment they changed the law about 10 years ago now so that ur local council only needs to grit bus routes maybe u should all get on this new butt jim murphy case hes in control of the money not the snp lol"

That'd be fine were it true but it ain't. The issue is money right enought but it has nothing to do with Westminster. The Council Tax freeze which was agreed (imposed?) by Holyrood was based on previous years where little or no gritting or salting was required leaving local authorities with no money to fund stocks or distribution.

er...guess

"I seem to remember councils having to buy imported grit etc. last year and the snow wasn't nearly as bad as it is this year. "

I thought the reason it had to be imported was that our roads weren't up to having it distributed by truck. Aberdeen's had a huge delivery by sea this afternoon.

Well, the offer of my drum of Saxa still stands .....

Pity there was'nt an alternative thing to salt with de-icing qualitys to chuck on roads eh,, wat bout Tankers full of Dr Peppers,if that worked,lol, nobody drinks that stuff,,,,do they??

"Pity there was'nt an alternative thing to salt with de-icing qualitys to chuck on roads eh,, wat bout Tankers full of Dr Peppers,if that worked,lol, nobody drinks that stuff,,,,do they?? "
dont drink the stuff either

I love dr peppers lol xxx

» Add a new message to this topic