FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Black hole

Black hole

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do thinks really get swallowed up into them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

no, all my thinks stay in my head

"no, all my thinks stay in my head "

Haha that's so funny. Oops. I must sound so stupid

I meant do THINGS disappear into them?

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"I must sound so stupid "

You do realise that no-one will disagree? You've set yourself up big stylee LMAO

Aww someone just put me to bed. I have had enough of today

By *issyForDommeTV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Theoreticly yes! Although we've detected them so know they do exist, we've never directly observed one even by ecretion disc (the light generated around the edge as matter is pulled in and superheated)-past the point of that no light is able to escape it.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I haven't got a clue - I think so.

However, that being said, I've been a few places I wish had been sucked into a black hole

"Theoreticly yes! Although we've detected them so know they do exist, we've never directly observed one even by ecretion disc (the light generated around the edge as matter is pulled in and superheated)-past the point of that no light is able to escape it."

If you can't observe it how do you know matter is being pulled in and superheated?

"I haven't got a clue - I think so.

However, that being said, I've been a few places I wish had been sucked into a black hole "

Me to x

Falkirk

"Theoreticly yes! Although we've detected them so know they do exist, we've never directly observed one even by ecretion disc (the light generated around the edge as matter is pulled in and superheated)-past the point of that no light is able to escape it.

If you can't observe it how do you know matter is being pulled in and superheated? "

It's the same as when a tree falls in the forest - does it make a sound when it hits the floor??? Lol

glasgow

"Theoreticly yes! Although we've detected them so know they do exist, we've never directly observed one even by ecretion disc (the light generated around the edge as matter is pulled in and superheated)-past the point of that no light is able to escape it.

If you can't observe it how do you know matter is being pulled in and superheated? "

The laws of physics. I should've said *i dont think we've directly observed one*. For an indepth explanation you'd be best asking stephen hawking lol

Falkirk

If you can't observe it how do you know matter is being pulled in and superheated?

The laws of physics. I should've said *i dont think we've directly observed one*. For an indepth explanation you'd be best asking stephen hawking lol"

Is he on here too????

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

Ask Dr Hans Reinhardt

The laws of physics. I should've said *i dont think we've directly observed one*. For an indepth explanation you'd be best asking stephen hawking lol"

Thanks for the explanation. I done a name search on fab for Stephen Hawking but couldn't find him so I guess all my questions will go unanswered.

It's the same as when a tree falls in the forest - does it make a sound when it hits the floor??? Lol "

Yes

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Thought for a minute this was another "washing" thread

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

I have never had one.

(T H I N K A B O U T I T....)

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

Me either lol

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

It's the same as when a tree falls in the forest - does it make a sound when it hits the floor??? Lol "

The answer is no. It's your ear and brain that translate the vibration into sound so if there is nothing there to hear it then it doesn't make a sound.

"It's the same as when a tree falls in the forest - does it make a sound when it hits the floor??? Lol

The answer is no. It's your ear and brain that translate the vibration into sound so if there is nothing there to hear it then it doesn't make a sound. "

I didn't know that. I thought it was one of those questions that can't be answered like what came first the chicken or the egg. X

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

There's also an answer to the chicken and egg question but I forget it (involves evolution obviously) and I'm too lazy to cheat and google it

"There's also an answer to the chicken and egg question but I forget it (involves evolution obviously) and I'm too lazy to cheat and google it "

Is there really. I'm learning a lot on here today. Thanks x

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

I didn't know that. I thought it was one of those questions that can't be answered like what came first the chicken or the egg. X"

Egg....

"

I didn't know that. I thought it was one of those questions that can't be answered like what came first the chicken or the egg. X

Egg.... "

Wrong.

British researchers say the chicken must have come first as the formation of eggs is only possible thanks to a protein found in the chicken’s ovaries.

What I still don't get is how can chickens be made without the egg??

Glasgow West

Try reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22874192

glasgow

The laws of physics. I should've said *i dont think we've directly observed one*. For an indepth explanation you'd be best asking stephen hawking lol

Try reading this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22874192"

I knew i could rely on StuM to chime in with good info, you coulda got here a bit sooner though stu lol. Your link confirms one, maybe two things for me i was worried about-it's eccretion and not ecretion lol...the other that detection has been by x-ray rather than visible light (which is what i meant by directly observing). I'm no physicist, very much the layman with comparitivly limited knowledge, but know the OPs answer's yes lol.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

Egg....

Wrong.

British researchers say the chicken must have come first as the formation of eggs is only possible thanks to a protein found in the chicken’s ovaries.

What I still don't get is how can chickens be made without the egg?? "

Eggs have been around for millions of years....Chickens havent

Glasgow West

Wow... Usually people only rely on me to crack wise!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

Thanks for the explanation. I done a name search on fab for Stephen Hawking but couldn't find him so I guess all my questions will go unanswered. "

Please tell me you didn't seriously do that haha

"

Thanks for the explanation. I done a name search on fab for Stephen Hawking but couldn't find him so I guess all my questions will go unanswered.

Please tell me you didn't seriously do that haha "

Of course I did. You just never know who is on here

By *icboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think that things disapear into backholes only to be ejected later...

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

You can't see gravity, but all the evidence shows that it is functioning to keep us stuck to the planet & the planet in orbit etc...

Same with black holes, we haven't seen them but the way light moves through the galaxy indicates that they exist & light cannot escape. Because of the immense density of mass, it would follow that they have a very large gravitational pull. At what distance mass is pulled in I don't know.

» Add a new message to this topic