FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Why pubs are struggling

Why pubs are struggling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If we go out tonight its £20 in taxis, £60 for a meal, £50 on drinks. Total £140 or so.

If we stay in its a great bottle of red and white on special for £15. Our fav takeway £20. And a box set on Netflix on our new smart TV. Total £35.

No contest. Or maybe we are just getting old.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If we go out tonight its £20 in taxis, £60 for a meal, £50 on drinks. Total £140 or so.

If we stay in its a great bottle of red and white on special for £15. Our fav takeway £20. And a box set on Netflix on our new smart TV. Total £35.

No contest. Or maybe we are just getting old."

Your get old. Nothing better then a night on the town in my book. Wish I was young enough for the dancing, love that

I partly agree but enjoy being out and seeing other people !!! maybe bumping into old friends etc !!

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"If we go out tonight its £20 in taxis, £60 for a meal, £50 on drinks. Total £140 or so.

No contest. Or maybe we are just getting old."

Well at least one of you is getting old, over 50? Definitely on the way downhill!!

But seriously, I think a lot of people are thinking the same way, and particularly at this time of year when spending is pretty high anyway.

Enjoy your wine and takeaway!

I agree, it costs a hell of a lot for one night out these days!

Its good to do it once every now and then, but its so much easier to stay in and have drinks and a meal. Save money and be cosy lol

Lx

"I agree, it costs a hell of a lot for one night out these days!

Its good to do it once every now and then, but its so much easier to stay in and have drinks and a meal. Save money and be cosy lol

Lx"

When you look outside and see the weather and how dark it is....its just too easy to fire up the log burner and uncork the red.

Completely different on a nice summers evening when heading to the pub is a pleasure....

But winters for staying in and hibernating......Leave it to the young'uns...

We agree too plus arrange for some fun to come visit and the nights sorted even more x

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I agree, it costs a hell of a lot for one night out these days!

Lx

When you look outside and see the weather and how dark it is....its just too easy to fire up the log burner and uncork the red.

Completely different on a nice summers evening when heading to the pub is a pleasure....

But winters for staying in and hibernating......Leave it to the young'uns..."

I think you're right. It's much better to stay in and save the money when it's horrible outside. But in the summer it's much nicer out

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Listen...if the highlight of my life after a hard working week is staying in and watching the telly or a film then hell mend us, it's definitely not for us.

Next thing will be playing scrabble, trivial pursuit or team-knitting. After that ,comes the dribbling at the side of the mouth and incontinence,enough said...lol lol lol

Your only alive once, get out and enjoy yourself.

"Listen...if the highlight of my life after a hard working week is staying in and watching the telly or a film then hell mend us, it's definitely not for us.

Next thing will be playing scrabble, trivial pursuit or team-knitting. After that ,comes the dribbling at the side of the mouth and incontinence,enough said...lol lol lol

"

We are like that Spring Summer. Just during the winter we tend to hibernate....

Nothing Lila likes better than tanned legs, heels and short skirt...and a buzzin pub and a warm summer evening....

"Listen...if the highlight of my life after a hard working week is staying in and watching the telly or a film then hell mend us, it's definitely not for us.

"

oh no !!!!

I was planning to spend saturday night crocheting myself a unique scrabble board while watching on golden pond wi ma feet in one of they giant fleecey slippers and drinking a nice cup of coccoa

What's a night out again?

Falkirk

We are like that Spring Summer. Just during the winter we tend to hibernate....

Nothing Lila likes better than tanned legs, heels and short skirt...and a buzzin pub and a warm summer evening....

."

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

No contest. Or maybe we are just getting old.Your get old. Nothing better then a night on the town in my book. Wish I was young enough for the dancing, love that "

Never too old for dancing.....lol

No contest. Or maybe we are just getting old.Your get old. Nothing better then a night on the town in my book. Wish I was young enough for the dancing, love that

Never too old for dancing.....lol "

Is that a offer lol lolxxx

I've worked in a few bars where people who have money drink and even those places have been quiet of late

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"

Spot on.

Winter time stay in, get a wells fargo drink it at home & you get the odd grope or bj off the barmaid without getting barred for life

with the UK government charging 80% duty on a bottle of whisky pub landlords find it difficult to stay afloat, maybe next year if we all think "yes" and vote the same way, there will be change for the better. and change in our pockets when we return from a night out.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"with the UK government charging 80% duty on a bottle of whisky pub landlords find it difficult to stay afloat, maybe next year if we all think "yes" and vote the same way, there will be change for the better. and change in our pockets when we return from a night out."

If more of these 'real Scots' we're forever being lied to about actually drank whisky, that MIGHT make a difference.

Falkirk

"with the UK government charging 80% duty on a bottle of whisky pub landlords find it difficult to stay afloat, maybe next year if we all think "yes" and vote the same way, there will be change for the better. and change in our pockets when we return from a night out."

Don't bank on it - it's the only way any government makes any money

Ha ha we will have change in our pockets if we vote ' yes ' ??? And where is all the money going to come from then, if that's bedroom tax, corporation tax scrapped and pensions increased????!!!! Going to be some country right enough or is that just all in Alex salmonds dreams!!

Belfast

No contest. Or maybe we are just getting old.Your get old. Nothing better then a night on the town in my book. Wish I was young enough for the dancing, love that

Never too old for dancing.....lol Is that a offer lol lolxxx"

Love dancing......any opportunity im there....lol

Never too old for dancing.....lol Is that a offer lol lolxxx

Love dancing......any opportunity im there....lol"

Same here, you any good at it lol lol xx

Belfast

Love dancing......any opportunity im there....lolSame here, you any good at it lol lol xx"

No good at all but I dont care......just enjoy it

Love dancing......any opportunity im there....lolSame here, you any good at it lol lol xx

No good at all but I dont care......just enjoy it "

Need to show me your moves one day lol

Belfast

Never too old for dancing..0...lol Is that a offer lol lolxxx

Love dancing......any opportunity im there....lolSame here, you any good at it lol lol xx

No good at all but I dont care......just enjoy it Need to show me your moves one day lol "

Lol......if I ever come over to you its a date

No good at all but I dont care......just enjoy it Need to show me your moves one day lol

Lol......if I ever come over to you its a date "

My heart just jumped there lol xxx

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

As much as I agree with this, I am not prepared to spend 400 a month going out every weekend.

Even if I could afford that, Id soon get bored of it.

Give me good company, a take away, bottle of something.....and my slippers!!!

Im happy

Belfast

No good at all but I dont care......just enjoy it Need to show me your moves one day lol

Lol......if I ever come over to you its a date My heart just jumped there lol xxx"

Glad to see I can still make a mans heart jump.......

Lol......if I ever come over to you its a date My heart just jumped there lol xxx

Glad to see I can still make a mans heart jump....... "

O yes you sure can lol lolxxx

» Add a new message to this topic