FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Reiki

Reiki

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mr ustwo here, off work with too much time on my hands and thinking too much lol.

Mrs ustwo and I have both done Reiki level one and two courses. It's basically a method of hands on spiritual healing although it doesn't claim to work miracles. We're both firm believers in it but I was just wondering how many people have actually heard of it and how many have actually tried it? Also do people think the physical world is all there more that we can't perceive?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tried it, and wasn't convinced, but then again it was in a busy environment, so wasn't relaxed properly.

At the very worst case, Reiki helps with relaxation which in itself can help healing, best case, it moves the energies around in the body, or it has a 'placebo effect' which encourages the body to assist itself.

I tried it, after a battle with cancer. friends treated us to a weekend at a health farm/spa. it was very relaxing but also made me cry. the lady said it was because I must have had pent up/unresolved worries an tension. not tried it again

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Right up there with homeopathy and snake-oil.

"Right up there with homeopathy and snake-oil."

You tried it?

Glasgow

"Right up there with homeopathy and snake-oil.

You tried it?"

I'll stick with science.

So you haven't which means your last opinion is based on what if not experience? Or is it just a case of not being open to stuff that doesn't fall into the constraints of normality?

Glasgow

"So you haven't which means your last opinion is based on what if not experience? Or is it just a case of not being open to stuff that doesn't fall into the constraints of normality? "

I'll stick with science. Others can do the wo-wo to their hearts content.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I've heard of it but not actually tried it. However, whilst I like medical science, I do think these less traditional methods also have their place even if they do nothing more than relax the patient or calm them. Soothing nerves is also a good way to aid recovery times of people who have had operations along with relaxation as it allows the body's natural defences and immune system to concentrate on healing.

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I have experienced it a few times it is fabulous but as i was also practising mediun ship a few wee other things happened but not frightening in the least and ony dont knock it till u have maybe tried it

Glasgow

"I have experienced it a few times it is fabulous but as i was also practising mediun ship a few wee other things happened but not frightening in the least and ony dont knock it till u have maybe tried it "

Mediumship? No doubt you know already what I'm going to say about that.

By *over-manMan  over a year ago

motherwell

I had it a few time nice and chilling

tried it gave me a sore head and made me feel .ill

glasgow

Ony im not getting into a slanging match on here i have never do that and i never will were all entitled to our opinions without the sarcasm

I have a degree in science and engineering so you would think I wouldn't go for this mumbo jumbo crap but I gave it a try once and a very peculiar thing happened. As I was lying back, bout 15 mins or so into it, I had a very strange feeling come over me then almost like a release happened and I was back to normal again. I never mentioned anything but when I was having a debrief after it the woman mentioned I had a massive release of energy at exactly the time I felt it, she said she had never felt anything like it before. I don't pretend to know what happened but it freaked me out a wee bit and I've not been able to explain it at all.

Have had it once, was real nice and when over my chest and neck area it actually felt like i had inhaled Vick ointment as I felt my airways clear. Also a workmate practiced it and used in in ICU on patients post and pre surgery. The ones who had it before surgery required less pain releif afterwards and others who were agitated calmed when it was performed on them. It was proven due to the fact they were on monitors

so the decrease in BP and heartrate was evident.

Friend had it....said she could see her lungs go in and out as she travelled through her body. Was shocked as she doesn't believe in anything spiritual....I do yet nothing happened for me!!

Thats the think with reiki. Some people feel things, some don't but, essentially, the reiki is still flowing to where it needs to go.

Even if you don't believe in it and you walk away with just a feeling of deep relaxation then its still been beneficial so its a constant win

By *inky pWoman  over a year ago

leicester

Had reiki as a form of releasing old trauma I held inside.i cried an felt alot of amazing feelings aswell as old hidden pain being released.i felt as though id had a concrete block removed from my stomach.my 12yr old also had it to release anger an the results were amazing.not for every 1 ,but im a big fan.

glasgow

That is exactly what reike is about

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

Pip went for quite a few sessions after having a Hysterectomy, she felt great after it, and is convinced it helped the healing process.....She was back at work in 6 weeks!!! instead of the predicted 6 months.

I also went to same person and had mixed results, initial session felt good afterwards, and felt my knee was better, future sessions i felt were not as successful.......i think alot depends on how you approach it, and how much you can relax, immediately before, during and afterwards to get the fullest out of it.

ps. Pip was so impressed she went on and done level one Reiki herself.

"Mr ustwo here, off work with too much time on my hands and thinking too much lol.

Mrs ustwo and I have both done Reiki level one and two courses. It's basically a method of hands on spiritual healing although it doesn't claim to work miracles. We're both firm believers in it but I was just wondering how many people have actually heard of it and how many have actually tried it? Also do people think the physical world is all there more that we can't perceive?"

can you fix my hubbys sore shoulder?

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I've had reiki done on me and I love it.

A local woman was looking for a guinea pig to practice Indian Head Massage at the end of last year. I went along for 6/7 weeks and she done a bit of reiki at the start/end of it.

Definitely worth trying, even if you are skeptical IMO.

"can you fix my hubbys sore shoulder?

"

sent you a pm

By *ky HookMan  over a year ago

Dundee

"So you haven't which means your last opinion is based on what if not experience? Or is it just a case of not being open to stuff that doesn't fall into the constraints of normality?

I'll stick with science. Others can do the wo-wo to their hearts content."

It is science. Its just a science you dont understand!!! A helicopter is science but 4C ago it was 'wo-wo' to all but those with the mind to imagine what everyone else said was impossible.

Glasgow

"So you haven't which means your last opinion is based on what if not experience? Or is it just a case of not being open to stuff that doesn't fall into the constraints of normality?

I'll stick with science. Others can do the wo-wo to their hearts content.

It is science. Its just a science you dont understand!!! A helicopter is science but 4C ago it was 'wo-wo' to all but those with the mind to imagine what everyone else said was impossible."

I'll stick with science.

and scientific theories?

» Add a new message to this topic