FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > friendships

friendships

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thought I would ask this is it right or wrong for guys to have female friends that involve no physical nor feelings attached at all as ever since I was little ive always had female friends like that throughout my life

but seems recently that for some reason people don't like or get that its just friendship nothing else personally I think its easier to talk to a female friend if I am having issues or any other problems I havent done in the last 2 years but previously I had would like to know from both the guys and ladies that have had a friend like this in there life obviously the ladies friend would be male and if it caused any issue with partners or gfs or bfs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yip having a good male friend caused a lot of hassle in my previous relationship

Oh dear not good

Im quite lucky in that sense, iv got mainly male friends but my partner doesnt mind because we tell each other everything. - open relationship, has been since day one he wasnt overly keen on some of my mates but he got used to it and now can sit and natter away with them if hes put in that situation.

By *omma49Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

have several platonic friendships with females, all very good apart from one, who cynically used our friendship to get money from me, will never do that ever again, if your friends with another woman it will only work if you both have mutual trust in one another

I've got lots of female friends, the way I see it is if something was going to happen with them then it would've happened by now. Purely platonic relationships and if I thought for a second that it was anything else then I'd simple stay away and not contact them, not worth losing my other half over!

But luckily I've had the opportunity to introduce Beauty to a few of them so far so she knows who they are even though she now has a little thing for one of them lol

Geek

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"have several platonic friendships with females, all very good apart from one, who cynically used our friendship to get money from me, will never do that ever again, if your friends with another woman it will only work if you both have mutual trust in one another "
yeah sadly many so called friends do take advantage.

Reply to the op of course it's ok to have friends of the opposite sex I have a few male friends and it's not an issue, infant one of my closest male friends is a guy friend and hes very much in touch with his feminine side and its very easy to talk to him about things that many women probably wouldn't talk to a male friend about lol

I get on better with guys most of the time and it caused a few problems with an ex lol if it had been girls i was chatting to it wouldve been fine, but because they were men it wasnt ok

I had a good guy friend growing up and it was never anything more, yet his girlfriends didnt like how close we were so we lost that friendship completely.

The majority of my close friends are guys and thats normal to me

Lx

I (Chick) prefer the company of guys for friendship and hubby does seem to get on better with women. Not always a sexual thing for us. Doesn't bother me in the slightest that hubby has female friends as I trust him wholeheartedly.

I'm a total flirt so I do it unconsciously and it's caused many a problem for me over the years . Even school friends who were nothing more than that my ex had issues with . I'm not really the jealous type but I've known relationships that have been totally ruined because of have friends of the opposite sex. Lot of it is down to trust pure and simple

I (Mrs dlt) would love to have a gay best friend,

I also find it easier to talk to guys than females and I do have one guy that I can talk to and he doesn't judge,

"I'm a total flirt so I do it unconsciously and it's caused many a problem for me over the years . Even school friends who were nothing more than that my ex had issues with . I'm not really the jealous type but I've known relationships that have been totally ruined because of have friends of the opposite sex. Lot of it is down to trust pure and simple "

Could say better myself shell x

I get its easier to speak to a friend of the opposite sex and lost a lot of good friends due to problems in a relationship cause I was friends with other females but thanks for taking the time to give your views on this

Yeah got a couple of female friends its fine we get on great never going to be anything else just good to.talk to my ex could deal with that sadly but as been said all about trust and that's not her strong point hence why my ex lol

» Add a new message to this topic