FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > scotcoin the new bitcoin?

scotcoin the new bitcoin?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iscottish OP   Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *parkxx76Man  over a year ago

Dundee

I bought a bitcoin for a few quid, years ago. It was apparently worth over $1000 at one point recently. Ah well

Scotcoin, all for it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought the new currency in scotland if independence was won was gonna be the irn bru bottle

By *awk3y3Man  over a year ago

West Lothian

"I thought the new currency in scotland if independence was won was gonna be the irn bru bottle "

They have been trading at 20p each recently..... quite week again the dollar and slightly better than the Euro....

West Lothian

"I thought the new currency in scotland if independence was won was gonna be the irn bru bottle

They have been trading at 20p each recently..... quite week again the dollar and slightly better than the Euro...."

*weak against.... darn predictive text.....

By *ky HookMan  over a year ago

Dundee

"I thought the new currency in scotland if independence was won was gonna be the irn bru bottle

They have been trading at 20p each recently..... quite week again the dollar and slightly better than the Euro....

*weak against.... darn predictive text....."

Last I checked they were trading at 30p, will need to check out this reduction in value....

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

*weak against.... darn predictive text.....

Last I checked they were trading at 30p, will need to check out this reduction in value...."

If it's down to 20p then my savings are worth a third less

West Lothian

It has been about 10 years since I bought one of said bru bottles.... maybe inflation has had a good effect?

Edinburgh

"It has been about 10 years since I bought one of said bru bottles.... maybe inflation has had a good effect? "

Maybe...

Edinburgh

Anyone else involved in them?

"Anyone else involved in them? "

Few I know have been talking about them, say they are trading them for about 0.08p, if it works out as well as bitcoin has then I'm interested lol

Sceptical at best. Look at the current issues with bit coin and the falling of exchanges and the massive drop in value.

Edinburgh

"Sceptical at best. Look at the current issues with bit coin and the falling of exchanges and the massive drop in value. "

Bitcoins worth has gone up by £200 in the last few days alone and is increasing.. As for scotcoin.org own coin that has yet to been seen with it only being on the exchange for less than a week

Whatever currency would be used, it absolutely has to be a physical currency, at least for the foreseeable future.

The vast majority of the country hasn't a clue what bitcoin is, let alone knows how it works. There's no way an entire country can use only a digital currency, the practicalities (or lack of them) are just too great to overcome, at least for now. Not to say that it won't happen in the future though.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

As long as the new coin doesn't have Alex Salmond's smug face on it.

» Add a new message to this topic