FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > 40% OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS SUFFERED BY MEN...

40% OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS SUFFERED BY MEN...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akedninja OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

40% OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS SUFFERED BY MEN.... view the vid below :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3PgH86OyEM

how many men have suffered domestic violence in their present/past relationships (that they will admit)

and how many people know of men who have been in this situation?

and what do people think in general about men suffering domestic violence...is it something that should be taken seriously or just laughed at as in the video above?

xxxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any domestic situation should be taken seriously, male or female.

No one should need to live their life in fear.

"Any domestic situation should be taken seriously, male or female.

No one should need to live their life in fear."

This 100%

totally spot on x

Total agree,

One of the reasons I stopped the girls at work saying have a nice day to customers, as they never know what goes on at home,

Any abuse be it physical , sexual, verbal, emotional or financial towards a man or woman is 100% wrong and anyone suffering any the above should ensure they get the full support they need to put a stop to this !!!!

By *u-cee smurfetteWoman  over a year ago

aberdeen

Any kind of domestic violence physically or menatally on men or women is a big NO

"Any abuse be it physical , sexual, verbal, emotional or financial towards a man or woman is 100% wrong and anyone suffering any the above should ensure they get the full support they need to put a stop to this !!!! "

Totally agree chick but getting the support needed to help is hard as not many people will admit to it xx

By *yz69Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

hopefully its gone down as the two glasgow football clubs haven't played each other for a few years.

"hopefully its gone down as the two glasgow football clubs haven't played each other for a few years."

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"hopefully its gone down as the two glasgow football clubs haven't played each other for a few years."

It is easy to lump football, amongst the stats explaining violent outbursts.

Knife crime is still the big problem.

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

160 cases of domestic violence occur in scotland a day.

In 2011 strathclyde police reported a significant increase in domestic violence cases during old firm games.

It doesn't matter if the perpetrator is male or female, the behaviour is a crime and yet sentences are often light and repeat offending high.

It is also one of the most unreported crimes and given the above not surprising.

Shy

I'll openly admit that I have suffered domestic abuse for the best part of 6 months whilst in my last relationship. It does loads to mess with your head and confidence along with other things, kinda still suffering from it but getting there in the end. It's a really horrible experience for anyone to go through an I feel for anyone who has went through it. You feel as if you can't get out it or do anything to stop it, almost as if you're expecting it when you get in from work/college. It's a terrible time for anyone going through it but glad I'm away from it and moving on. I hope others have courage to do the same, best thing I ever done!

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I agree with Nicol. I have also suffered domestic abuse. I've had items thrown at me, verbal abuse, her off shagging her best friend's husband and maybe others, running up debts, sulking sessions that could last up to 9 months without speaking. Needless to say sex was never on offer either.

I stayed for the kids as it was the right thing to do but now want more from life than a grumpy missus.

By *rown_cock_edinMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

the correlation between domestic violence and football isnt limited to the supporters of two clubs.

its also worth bearing in mind that the stats attached to old firm dont always tell the full story, for example a married couple (both support the same team) who had watched an old firm game in the pub, after drinking for aprox 9 hours they went home via the chippy and ended up being arrested for arguing in the middle of the road and throwing chips at each other, both were charged and it was recorded as two cases of football related domestic violence.

the argument was about which celebrity they could have a free pass for.

true story.

» Add a new message to this topic