FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > 5 Facts about Immigration that May Surprise you

5 Facts about Immigration that May Surprise you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akedninja OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

1) 26% of NHS doctors are foreign-born. The BMA advises that without immigrants “many NHS services would struggle to provide effective care”. (1)

2) Almost 5.5 million British people live permanently abroad. (2)

3) Immigrants are 60% less likely to claim benefits than a British-born person. (3)

4) Between 1995-2011, EU immigrants contributed £8.8 billion more than they gained. (4)

5) Most studies suggest that immigration has no significant effect on overall employment, or British unemployment. (5)

Are Immigrants Unfairly Portrayed by the Media?

a)Yes

b)No

c)I don't know

;)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

1/yes

2/No

3/Don't know.

All of the above,

unfortunately the facts on immigration vary wildly,

and are contradictory in the extreme,

So we end up with both,the for,and against camps,

depicting completely opposing facts.

So It's just not possible,

for all of the claimed facts,to be actual facts.

Having concerns about immigration,does not make you a racist.

Finding The true facts on immigration maybe easier,

if every negative comment,were not greeted by finger pointing,and accusations of racism.

Remembering that most of us,

have some johnny foreigner in us,

somewhere down the line.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, they're all job stealing scum who come over for free dental and health care and to take our jobs.... I've been trying to get work as a strawberry picker for years but can't cos some polish bugger does it and sends the money home to his folks.... Bleeding us dry they are.

I went to London last week and a Romanian pick pocketed me! A bloody Romanian! Back in my day it was the Irish........

I'm moving to Barcelona where my possessions are safe ......

Facts are usualy bound up in statistics. Ie productivity goes up...gdp increases..etc...but the fabric and habits of a society is not dictated by the bottom line of an account sheet. You want to see the havoc that mass immigration and the imposition of foreign cultural beliefs can have on a society?

Spend a week in magaluf.

Stats are only useful when representing a view.

It says 26% of doctors. However doesn't state where they were born? EU, Western countries or elsewhere.

As for 60% less likely to claim. Is this skewed because they don't know how to or they are here illegally?

Just don't believe everything. The information can be taken out of context as with most things in the media.

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

Don't think most people have anything against authorised immigrants... Its the illegal ones who get over here and work illegally that's the problem.

Amazing how so many people from Africa can travel through several European countries to get to the UK and claim their life is in danger in Africa. If it was in danger, surely they would just of travelled to the first safe country they got to. But no, France, Germany, Spain obviously are not safe, they need to come to the UK. Wonder why.

» Add a new message to this topic