By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We will be in Stirling

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it organised events?x

Going away for the weekend or would have taken the kids along.

Think all our brave men & women deserve to be spoilt & the centre of attention for the day

D x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

havnt decided whether to go to dundee or stirling yet. we were just wondering who was doing what ?? be good to mix business with pleasure lol

Stirling is the official armed forces day venue. Look out for our jets doing the flypast.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"Stirling is the official armed forces day venue. Look out for our jets doing the flypast. "

I was going to ask why it was ironic, but now know why!!! Silly me! Lol

hahaha !!! ya dafty dess xx

Glenrothes

"hahaha !!! ya dafty dess xx"

I know

hahaha ! xxx

By *iceguy 1966Man  over a year ago

in pa postcode

I will be in Stirling dressed and proud

if i go to stirling i will be in full rig

Working that day

But i'll wear my ribbons at work.

Respect and have a great day if your going.

By *oneythiefMan  over a year ago

Perthshire

Trousers and shirt ironed. Medals and cap badge polished. Raring to go for a wee march

will be a cracking day ............

Armed Forces Day?

Great idea to celebrate the armed forces of the UK, who are sent into illegal wars to pillage and control other countries resources.

It's a fucking disgrace that politicians have been allowed to send in soldiers to kill and take over another country, I'm the name of democracy. While making a profit for their own ends.

Aye let's support the armed forces and any stupid ejit that choses to join them.

we'll be away in cuba, but will spend a few minutes thinking on the day.

"Armed Forces Day?

Great idea to celebrate the armed forces of the UK, who are sent into illegal wars to pillage and control other countries resources.

It's a fucking disgrace that politicians have been allowed to send in soldiers to kill and take over another country, I'm the name of democracy. While making a profit for their own ends.

Aye let's support the armed forces and any stupid ejit that choses to join them.

"

I for one take exception to this post

"Armed Forces Day?

"

I take exception to politicians sending in soldiers to steal from another country. I take exception to politician lying to us and feeding us propaganda via TV, Internet and newspapers.

[Removed by poster at 09/06/14 14:28:41]

"Armed Forces Day?

"

You are of course entitled to your opinion, you have the freedom to have your own and air that opinion. (thanks to the "eejits", who fought over the decades to let you have that freedom)

Here's hoping, if you ever go visiting a major city you dont run into those other "eejits" with a bomb strapped around thier body who want tatake you to meet thier 75 virgins in heaven

"Armed Forces Day?

"

Could not disagree more

By *omma49Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Shame on the person, who chooses to slate our armed forces without our brave lads and lasses we would not have the freedoms we enjoy now, had we lost ww2, then we would have lived under nazi tyranny would that be a better option to what we have now, politicians are by no means perfect nor is the country, but it's a damned sight better than living under a dictatorship

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Armed Forces Day?

"

illegal before any of our soldiers go to a theatre of operations I will have been sanctioned by nato and I see you griping about having the ability to say as you please im sure even you know this is something that alot of countrys in the world dont have

"Armed Forces Day?

You are of course entitled to your opinion, you have the freedom to have your own and air that opinion. (thanks to the "eejits", who fought over the decades to let you have that freedom)

Here's hoping, if you ever go visiting a major city you dont run into those other "eejits" with a bomb strapped around thier body who want tatake you to meet thier 75 virgins in heaven "

If you're referring to the 2nd world war, then yes soldiers were fighting for our freedom and way of life from Fascists.

The wars that the UK government are involved in now are not a threat to our society or our way of life.

I've been all over the world and I've never felt fear or been scared.

Watch the Seven Sisters documentary, there's four episodes, it's on youtube. I'm sure you'll find it of interest.

coatbridge

Tell that to those who survived the twin towers

"Armed Forces Day?

"

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

Angry, but dont know why jbob ?

Require some therapy jbob ?

"Shame on the person, who chooses to slate our armed forces without our brave lads and lasses we would not have the freedoms we enjoy now, had we lost ww2, then we would have lived under nazi tyranny would that be a better option to what we have now, politicians are by no means perfect nor is the country, but it's a damned sight better than living under a dictatorship "

Actually we only live without Nazi occupation because of American money and involvement in WW2. I'm sure you know your history and I'm sure you know that both USA and Russia were helping the Nazis during the start of WW2.

Correct, our politicians and county isn't perfect, they continue to lie, spy and blame us for things that go wrong.

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

"

oops forgot these

Creating controversy because you want to be more interesting jbob ?

Like the sound of your own voice jbob ?

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

"

Neglected - No Bino

Attention seeking - No Bino

Angry - Not really

Therapy - no Bino.

Bino have I touched a nerve?

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

oops forgot these

Creating controversy because you want to be more interesting jbob ?

Like the sound of your own voice jbob ?"

I'm just as interesting or dull as you are Bino.

Since I'm typing, no one can here my voice.

I didn't realise that I would create such a reaction. I'm on the site for the same reasons as everyone else.

(-;

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

Neglected - No Bino

Angry - Not really

Therapy - no Bino.

Bino have I touched a nerve?"

That's obviously what you want to do....get attention and rile people. Well do it elsewhere and not where you show flagrant disrespect for our brave service personnel. Its just plain ignorance....

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

Neglected - No Bino

Angry - Not really

Therapy - no Bino.

Bino have I touched a nerve?"

no you havnt touched a nerve jbob

Along with the freedom and rights to be able to hold and express an opinion there comes the obligation of recognising that there is an appropriate time and place to do so.

I just wasnt sure if you were angry and confused, mentally ill or if you have simply mastered the art of being a fanny.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

Neglected - No Bino

Angry - Not really

Therapy - no Bino.

That's obviously what you want to do....get attention and rile people. Well do it elsewhere and not where you show flagrant disrespect for our brave service personnel. Its just plain ignorance...."

Since it's an open forum for those on Fab, I can express my opinion as I please. It's not disrespectful nor is it ignorant. What is ignorant is that people seem to think that armed forces are above being criticised. Of course, the armed forces are only doing their job.

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

Neglected - No Bino

Angry - Not really

Therapy - no Bino.

Along with the freedom and rights to be able to hold and express an opinion there comes the obligation of recognising that there is an appropriate time and place to do so.

I just wasnt sure if you were angry and confused, mentally ill or if you have simply mastered the art of being a fanny.

Thanks for clearing things up for me."

I'm perfectly happy Bino. I'm not a fanny either. You're showing your maturity there by throwing insults. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

If you don't like my opinion, you don't have to respond to it. I'm sure there are other who disagree with what I've posted, there will also be others that agree.

"Aye let's support the armed forces and any stupid ejit that choses to join them."

I stand corrected.... Your comment was of course in no way disrespectful or ignorant.

"Armed Forces Day?

Feeling neglected jbob ?

Attention seeking jbob ?

Neglected - No Bino

Angry - Not really

Therapy - no Bino.

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

I'm perfectly happy Bino. I'm not a fanny either. You're showing your maturity there by throwing insults. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

If you don't like my opinion, you don't have to respond to it. I'm sure there are other who disagree with what I've posted, there will also be others that agree. "

please dont feel insulted jbob, im afraid that fanny was in actual fact the highest level of compliment i could bring myself to offer you this afternoon.

""Aye let's support the armed forces and any stupid ejit that choses to join them."

I stand corrected.... Your comment was of course in no way disrespectful or ignorant. "

Ejits is probably the wrong word to use. I'll informed and mislead.

I've friends who are in the armed forces and we've debated these things. We've never fallen out not been aggressive to each other.

GLASGOW

Let's not forget the Battle of Britain was fought without the USA, they didn't enter the war until december 1941 on the bombing of Pearl Harbour, the RAF managed to triumph over the Luftwaffe through sheer bloody grit and determination, I have no problem with the USA coming into the war, but let's not forget we did perfectly OK without them, and to suggest otherwise is in my opinion offensive to those men and women who perished in ww2 in the RAF and also navy and army prior to december 1941

Well since this is becoming more of a history lesson hitler delayed operation sealion, the invasion of Britain, when the Russians entered the war and instead implemented operation Barbarossa, the invasion of Russia, where the Germans lost 600 000 at the siege of Stalingrad alone, so many would argue opening a second front was what actually lost the war for the Germans!

Personally I wish all the very best for our armed forces and the brave men and woman who serve in them. I strongly disagree with the politicians who manipulate them for their own gain. Everyone of George bushs government was shareholders in oil companies when they started the second gulf war! There is no doubt that governments have used our armed forces as a tool for their own manipulative reasons but protest at the politicians not the brave soldiers or 'eejits' as you called them.

coatbridge

Why blame just the politicians its us wanting to fuel up and travel everywhere cheaply

Glenrothes

"Armed Forces Day?

"

As do I Avi.

"Why blame just the politicians its us wanting to fuel up and travel everywhere cheaply "

There's a bit more to it than that.

"Armed Forces Day?

Here's hoping, if you ever go visiting a major city you dont run into those other "eejits" with a bomb strapped around thier body who want tatake you to meet thier 75 virgins in heaven

If you're referring to the 2nd world war, then yes soldiers were fighting for our freedom and way of life from Fascists.

The wars that the UK government are involved in now are not a threat to our society or our way of life.

Watch the Seven Sisters documentary, there's four episodes, it's on youtube. I'm sure you'll find it of interest. "

If you don't have anything constructive to say rather than troll don't bother. I take exception at this post.

"Armed Forces Day?

Watch the Seven Sisters documentary, there's four episodes, it's on youtube. I'm sure you'll find it of interest.

If you don't have anything constructive to say rather than troll don't bother. I take exception at this post. "

Thanks for that.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok there is no need to argue over someones views, they are allowed them whether you like them or not.

Maybe for this thread just stick to the OP...if you want to discuss the why's and wherefors of the wars maybe start another

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I totally agree Ruby this thread started as a friendly no nonsense one Funny how some folks on here just love controversy Oh and before u jump down my throat u are entitled to your opinion how ever idiotic it may be

GLASGOW

It's a contentious subject anyway, given that most of us, have friends, or family who have served in the armed forces, no good comes of slating those brave lads and lasses who risked their necks for us wherever in the world the conflict might be, just to add its a free forum but please be respectful of others right to an opinion, no matter how ill-advised that may be

Glenrothes

"Ok there is no need to argue over someones views, they are allowed them whether you like them or not.

Maybe for this thread just stick to the OP...if you want to discuss the why's and wherefors of the wars maybe start another "

All I can say is those of to Stirling enjoy your flypast

"All I can say is those of to Stirling enjoy your flypast "

Yes. Have a great day everyone.

xx

By *eni_squaddieMan  over a year ago

midlothian

I'll be in Stirling... Just look for the guy in MTP

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I still have the greatest respect for the people in the armed forces it's politicians that start wars.

Our government chooses to send them into theatre with cheap sub standard clothes & equipment, thousands of miles from home and loved ones and then practically disowns them when they return injured or retire.

Thanks again to all the brave men & women, I'll be thinking of you.

D x

midlothian

[Removed by poster at 28/06/14 10:34:46]

midlothian

So who's coming through today then? Wonder if I'll spot any fabbers

» Add a new message to this topic