FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Your childhood summers

Your childhood summers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

What was yours like?

Mine was spent at the local swimming pool and park ,on a saturday morning we'd go to see Buck Rogers in the cinema.

we'd play rounders until 10pm every night with the mums n dad joining in, we played pevers and who remembers tying string to tin cans and walking around on them?...tin can stilts we called them lol and thats when summers were hot and sunny ...ahhh the good old days lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What was yours like?

Mine was spent at the local swimming pool and park ,on a saturday morning we'd go to see Buck Rogers in the cinema.

we'd play rounders until 10pm every night with the mums n dad joining in, we played pevers and who remembers tying string to tin cans and walking around on them?...tin can stilts we called them lol and thats when summers were hot and sunny ...ahhh the good old days lol "

loved my childhood

In the summer holidays I'd stay at my grans. I'd catch up with all my cousins and go swimming or to the park. My gran and I would go to jumble sales. Every Sunday my mum and dad would come through and take us out for a meal and I'd get sweets and stuff bought. On the Monday with the pocket money they gave me is but my gran a cornetto icecream.

Mine were spent in a small place called Gorleston down south in Norfolk on the beach normally such magical memory's of that place

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Most of my summers were spent on my grandparents farm in Somerset.

Now that was a fantastic time

Nothing like kids nowadays feel old even tho im 22 haha but used to play curby in the street, hidey, etc lol

Who remembers going up the closes and tying the handles of two doors together chapping the doors and running away? ... Ops surly I wasn't the only one lol

Tin can stilts check

Pever, god haven't heard that word for yonks

Going to Clyde Park before they made it Strathy

What about kiss kick or chase who remembers that? I always got kissed by the ugly boys lol

"Who remembers going up the closes and tying the handles of two doors together chapping the doors and running away? ... Ops surly I wasn't the only one lol "

me

"Who remembers going up the closes and tying the handles of two doors together chapping the doors and running away? ... Ops surly I wasn't the only one lol

me "

phew glad I'm not the only one lol xx

"Who remembers going up the closes and tying the handles of two doors together chapping the doors and running away? ... Ops surly I wasn't the only one lol

me "

That'll be at least 3 of us then

me

That'll be at least 3 of us then "

ohhh were bad lol

LMAO

Remember doing it to hotel room doors one d*unken night on a training course

Must have been my inner child coming out

My summers were spent playing football morning, noon and night. The odd game of hide n seek, British bull dog, rounders and stanky (kick the can) was played to.

When were bored and naughty, wed chap doors and run away, sometimes we'd steal the door mats.

In my teens, we rode our bikes to Balloch and Murdoch Park, then started stealing materials from building sites to build our own den.

"My summers were spent playing football morning, noon and night. The odd game of hide n seek, British bull dog, rounders and stanky (kick the can) was played to.

When were bored and naughty, wed chap doors and run away, sometimes we'd steal the door mats.

In my teens, we rode our bikes to Balloch and Murdoch Park, then started stealing materials from building sites to build our own den.

"

Oh that brought back memories, we built a den one year and we carpeted it too as one of my friends parents had just got new carpets and gave us the leftover bits.. Our den was very posh lol

"My summers were spent playing football morning, noon and night. The odd game of hide n seek, British bull dog, rounders and stanky (kick the can) was played to.

Oh that brought back memories, we built a den one year and we carpeted it too as one of my friends parents had just got new carpets and gave us the leftover bits.. Our den was very posh lol "

Ohhhh a posh den, ours were well built and quite sturdy, of course they were built primarily to get girls into and kiss them. (-:

Oh that brought back memories, we built a den one year and we carpeted it too as one of my friends parents had just got new carpets and gave us the leftover bits.. Our den was very posh lol

Ohhhh a posh den, ours were well built and quite sturdy, of course they were built primarily to get girls into and kiss them. (-:"

hahaha,oh I remember a wee moment in ours too with my childhood sweetheart lol

My summers were spent outside with friends pretty much all the time, going down to cramond beach on our bikes, having picnics, playing hide&seek, kerby, ABC and my fav was 'hunt the cunt' lol!

One team was to make up a word and each member given a letter and chased and 'tortured' until they gave up their letter. Then the other team had to work out the word haha

Lx

By *omma49Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Spent most of my childhood outdoors, playing football with my friends, and not having to stay in sight of my parents for fear of kiddy fiddlers and other assorted low-life, that kids these days are at the mercy of!

Kick the can, manhunt, making tents out of bedclothes, swimming and mudbaths down at a wee village...and my mum sunbathing until the sun went down, so late teas all summer. Good times

By *imbo57Man  over a year ago

kilmarnock ish

Swiming in the river Ayr oh the thought of all the polution nowadays Sitting on a Dickie Swath turner turning hay till I was old enought to drive the tractor lol aged about 11 when that happened then turning hay my self for like days on end Making rucks and taking rthen in then in lter yrs the baler came and lifting them was not a joke . Bringing the coos in for afternoon milking all fun jobs . Drinking water from the best spring in Ayrshire as well good it was good when you had done a heavy shift .

Who remembers when to be home? Haha

"Who remembers when to be home? Haha"
ohhh I always knew when to be home, as soon as the street lights were on but as kids having fun and lost count how many times the parents would be out hunting for us kids lol

"Who remembers when to be home? Hahaohhh I always knew when to be home, as soon as the street lights were on but as kids having fun and lost count how many times the parents would be out hunting for us kids lol "

And gettingh yer arse tanned for being where you weren't supposed to be

"Who remembers when to be home? Hahaohhh I always knew when to be home, as soon as the street lights were on but as kids having fun and lost count how many times the parents would be out hunting for us kids lol

And gettingh yer arse tanned for being where you weren't supposed to be "

yep usually in the bluebell woods lol

When I was at mum and dads the ice cream van arriving in our street was the signal to go home. Was about 8.30. Still arrives in their street at that time.

Stealing the goal frames from the local school and playing football everyday from 9am till 10pm pretty much, would need to nick the goals every few days as the school janitors would walk the streets to find us and take them back again lol then at about 15 it would be spent gettin d*unk with friends and chasin the girls. Now my job entitles me to the school summer holidays so I get the 7 weeks off, but I'm sure if the weather is good most of this summer will be in the beer gardens

Many of my childhood summers were spent on my aunts farm in the borders. My cousins used to greatly enjoy making fun of "the townie" but we had such fun. I remember lots of sun, fun and laughter. Loads of animals which I loved....the farm kitchen buzzing....fabulous roasts and cakes in the agga. Those were special days. I see my cousins so rarely now but when I do we take ourselves right back there. I hated the pong though!!!

Growing up in the country side in the lakes it was spent up in the woods, watching farmers cut the grass then chasing the trailers and jumping on them, building dens from hay bails & stealing milk from the dairy!

I remember when I was about 7 taking the brakes off my bike to make me go faster (like getting a new hair cut or trainers) and then not being able to stop and almost getting ran over by a police car that then proceeded to take me home! I was grounded for a whole week! hahaha!

Oh the memories!

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Spent every waking hour on the local rivers trout fishing .....i was obssessed lol

Who remembers the roasting hot summers where the tar on the pavements melted and you could write your name in it and who did?my childhood sweetheart wrote BC JG lol

Countryside with Grandparents for four weeks, and always two weeks at North Berwick Caravan site (Mains and Gilsland) and at Easter which was always cold and raining.

Ah yes, those hazy summer days on the beach - funny though the sea was always freezing.

Hahaha I remember picking the tar in the road yeah! hahaha toally forgot about that ! Nostalgia!

Strawberry picking, in the summer holidays,

Going to hawick to visit family,

And finding out at 10 year's old that soup and custard can be served hot when you turn up on time at meal Times,

"Hahaha I remember picking the tar in the road yeah! hahaha toally forgot about that ! Nostalgia!"

Ha me too !!! It used to all bubble with the heat and I'd get a stick and dig into it . Also catching wasps and bees in a jar and stabbing holes in the lid and listen to the buzz . Definitely the good times indeed

"Hahaha I remember picking the tar in the road yeah! hahaha toally forgot about that ! Nostalgia!

Ha me too !!! It used to all bubble with the heat and I'd get a stick and dig into it . Also catching wasps and bees in a jar and stabbing holes in the lid and listen to the buzz . Definitely the good times indeed "

talking about catching bees when was the last time you ever saw a ladybird or butterfly in the summer months? I've not seen either for years

"Hahaha I remember picking the tar in the road yeah! hahaha toally forgot about that ! Nostalgia!

Ha me too !!! It used to all bubble with the heat and I'd get a stick and dig into it . Also catching wasps and bees in a jar and stabbing holes in the lid and listen to the buzz . Definitely the good times indeed talking about catching bees when was the last time you ever saw a ladybird or butterfly in the summer months? I've not seen either for years "

Start acting like a child and you'll see them, alternatively, go for a roll around in the grass with a handsome man. (I'm not suggesting me, you're way out of my league)

X

Ha me too !!! It used to all bubble with the heat and I'd get a stick and dig into it . Also catching wasps and bees in a jar and stabbing holes in the lid and listen to the buzz . Definitely the good times indeed talking about catching bees when was the last time you ever saw a ladybird or butterfly in the summer months? I've not seen either for years "

seen a few ladybirds so far this year, no flutterbys yet though

Ha me too !!! It used to all bubble with the heat and I'd get a stick and dig into it . Also catching wasps and bees in a jar and stabbing holes in the lid and listen to the buzz . Definitely the good times indeed talking about catching bees when was the last time you ever saw a ladybird or butterfly in the summer months? I've not seen either for years

Start acting like a child and you'll see them, alternatively, go for a roll around in the grass with a handsome man. (I'm not suggesting me, you're way out of my league)

X"

hahaha at roll around the grass... And I ain't out of anyone's league lmao

Ha me too !!! It used to all bubble with the heat and I'd get a stick and dig into it . Also catching wasps and bees in a jar and stabbing holes in the lid and listen to the buzz . Definitely the good times indeed talking about catching bees when was the last time you ever saw a ladybird or butterfly in the summer months? I've not seen either for years

seen a few ladybirds so far this year, no flutterbys yet though"

maybe I need to get out more lol

Yep you do, seen both in past few days when out with the dog

"Who remembers when to be home? Hahaohhh I always knew when to be home, as soon as the street lights were on but as kids having fun and lost count how many times the parents would be out hunting for us kids lol "

Haha yeh lol

I've see a few ladybirds and a few cabbage butterflies, but not seen any if the other butterflies yet!

I (Mrs) used to spend the whole summer holidays with my granny and Di (granda)

My brother and I would make mud pies using the coal bunker as a cooker, wed walk for Mike's in the woods with a wheelbarrow picking up logs and bits of coal with their golden lab, my Di used to take me ferriting on his motor bike and we'd bring the rabbits home and my granny would make rabbit stew....yum!!!

We try and kick our kids outside as much as possible when it's dry, too much x box these days!!!

This one is for the females.. Who remembers picking roses and making rose water scent? lol

"This one is for the females.. Who remembers picking roses and making rose water scent? lol"

No but made daisy chains shelley xx

"This one is for the females.. Who remembers picking roses and making rose water scent? lol"

Yup...I was easily pleased then

Kitty caught and ate a butterfly yesterday

"This one is for the females.. Who remembers picking roses and making rose water scent? lol

Yup...I was easily pleased then "

be we probably thought we smelt beautiful too and it was rank lol

"This one is for the females.. Who remembers picking roses and making rose water scent? lol

Yup...I was easily pleased then be we probably thought we smelt beautiful too and it was rank lol "

Lol...totally gross!!

By *igandanneCouple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Flying home from school to where ever my dad was working (usually in africa) so allways had a great time

Yup...I was easily pleased then be we probably thought we smelt beautiful too and it was rank lol

Lol...totally gross!! "

The smell of bluebells in the woods was amazing tho

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Most of the summer was spent up the Campsies

Summers spent camping out in the back garden, playing Kirby, round the world )hopscotch type thing), jumping through the neighbours gardens and paddling pools, oh and kwenchy cups from the icey and then putting them in your bmx tyres to make that annoying noise

yes made rose scent lol also honeysuckle

[Removed by poster at 12/06/14 17:29:37]

Clackers and space hoppers were also part of my childhood too

God Clackers would drive me crazy if my kids had them dunno how my parents put up with me clacking every hour of the day lol

Clackers were the dangerous ones then - bits of string - none of this plastic supports. The amount of times I hurt my knuckles!

And playing high up tig in the back courts of tenements, running along the narrow walls between the dykes. Things I wouldn't do now.

» Add a new message to this topic