FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Commonwealth games

Commonwealth games

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you think the Commonwealth Games will restrict your fun ?

I am thinking that the price of places like Travelodge will be fully booked and the price would be through the roof anyway !!! then there are the road restrictions as well !!!1

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got tickets delivered this morning for the rugby, I'll definitely be having fun!

Commonwealth games has already had a negative impact on our lives let alone anything else.

Work for him has been hell on earth and getting to and from things that we do on a regular basis - keep fit classes etc will be nigh on impossible.

Will be glad to see the back of it so we can get on with our real life.

By *lue4youCouple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Commonwealth games has already had a negative impact on our lives let alone anything else.

Work for him has been hell on earth and getting to and from things that we do on a regular basis - keep fit classes etc will be nigh on impossible.

Will be glad to see the back of it so we can get on with our real life."

Oh come on MS B, think about the legacy, J_nny junkie will toss away his needles break oot the carbon fibre bike stolen from Evans, and peddle like buggery roon the Chris Hoy velladrome faster than a police Subaru on jet fuel ( dontcha think) where is the next Olympics, he needs to collect his coupons fer the flight miles

"Commonwealth games has already had a negative impact on our lives let alone anything else.

Oh come on MS B, think about the legacy, J_nny junkie will toss away his needles break oot the carbon fibre bike stolen from Evans, and peddle like buggery roon the Chris Hoy velladrome faster than a police Subaru on jet fuel ( dontcha think) where is the next Olympics, he needs to collect his coupons fer the flight miles"

PMSL- I see your very valid point there. Go team Scotland!

By *lue4youCouple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Oooooooooooookay Muckerrrrrr

Oh come on MS B, think about the legacy, J_nny junkie will toss away his needles break oot the carbon fibre bike stolen from Evans, and peddle like buggery roon the Chris Hoy velladrome faster than a police Subaru on jet fuel ( dontcha think) where is the next Olympics, he needs to collect his coupons fer the flight miles"

It's good to see a sense of humour as strange as mine on these forums. Thank you Mr Blue - I know that's one of your posts!

Bx

By *ohn890Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Definitely worse off for it mayhem

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I will not be driving anywhere in Glasgow when the games are on and it will restrict me if I was lucky enough to get a meeting

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"I will not be driving anywhere in Glasgow when the games are on and it will restrict me if I was lucky enough to get a meeting "

Think of the opportunity to go by bus or jump on bike

Hell yeah. I can't get on velodrome.

Surely there will be more fun to be had in the city with some common wealth swingers lol. All these visitors surely there must be some swingers among them

I think school holidays hav a bigger restriction on fun times but ur right about hotel prices etc

Its only 2 weeks lol

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

We think Its great and going to several events.We will certainly be having fun.

the common wealth games are hell on earth , cant get anywhere to deliver without some jumped up monkey trying to send me on a shit long de tour , but any games that has folkies evicted out their hoos and then demolishes it cant really be for the common wealth . its just a bunch of people from countrys that used to be owned by england and its empire running about for a few days , not exactly stuff to stir the blood

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Economy boost, jobs , new housing .........countrys scream out to host these events for a reason not to mention the masses of positive publicity it creates I can only see good from it

But having spent all the money on these facilities they demolish them? Why? Are us common folk not good enough to keep them, after hosting the events?

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"But having spent all the money on these facilities they demolish them? Why? Are us common folk not good enough to keep them, after hosting the events?"

They are not demolishing them after the Games - They may put some of them back to the way they were before being altered for the Games but not fully demolish them e.g. Hampden Park, Celtic Park, Barry Buddon Shooting Ranges, etc. and the Athletes Village gets used for Housing once the Games are over.

So "us common folk" will get full use of them after the Games just the same as we did before the Games!

And the folks that had their homes demolished, will they get them back once the games are finished?

About as interested in the Commonwealth Games as I would be at having rusty 6 inch spikes hammered through my scrotum! Complete utter shite!

It will be fun!!!

I am up here working and have a VERY posh hotel room.

I am also looking to chat to some nice couples or singles and maybe go for a drink and maybe even have a bit of fun.

please overloo this shameless self advertisment and feel free to send me an email

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It will be fun!!!

I am up here working and have a VERY posh hotel room.

I am also looking to chat to some nice couples or singles and maybe go for a drink and maybe even have a bit of fun.

please overloo this shameless self advertisment and feel free to send me an email

"

Handy if you need a quick heart operation.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"And the folks that had their homes demolished, will they get them back once the games are finished? "
obviously not but they have been rehomed and compensated im sure a good few of those are happy with the arrangemwnts of course some wont be what price progress springs to mind

Glasgow

"And the folks that had their homes demolished, will they get them back once the games are finished? "

The homes which were demolished were due to be demolished anyway.

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Economy boost, jobs , new housing .........countrys scream out to host these events for a reason not to mention the masses of positive publicity it creates I can only see good from it "

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Economy boost, jobs , new housing .........countrys scream out to host these events for a reason not to mention the masses of positive publicity it creates I can only see good from it "

Countries aren't actually screaming out to host the commonwealth games though. I wouldn't be too surprised if they end up dying out in the near future.

By *dub67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Was at the dress rehearsal last night at parkhead. Hopefully it will all go well. And the city will benefit from it

Certainly the 20.000 that were there last night created the right atmosphere. And it will continue through out the games

Glasgow

"Economy boost, jobs , new housing .........countrys scream out to host these events for a reason not to mention the masses of positive publicity it creates I can only see good from it

Countries aren't actually screaming out to host the commonwealth games though. I wouldn't be too surprised if they end up dying out in the near future."

2014 was a choice between Glasgow and Abuja (the capital of Nigeria).

Check our recent news reports re Abuja and decide whether you'd go there.

Its a flipping nightmare right now never mind when it starts people are losing business cause you cant get to the shops people arent allowed to use their own cars and have to walk for ages to get shopping the kids have no where to play and the road diversions are a joke cant wait for it all to be over glasgow council only care about the people coming from other countries not anyone in their city.

By *esignergeekMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I don’t get it. I live in the city centre and I’m still having a lovely time. It’s always a little annoying when they close off big chunks of Glasgow Green, but that’s pretty much the only thing affecting me so far.

"I don’t get it. I live in the city centre and I’m still having a lovely time. It’s always a little annoying when they close off big chunks of Glasgow Green, but that’s pretty much the only thing affecting me so far."

Lucky you

By *issyForDommeTV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

I can see why a lot of people are looking at the positives about the games, and don't get wrong i also hope they go well and show Glasgow in a good light to the world. That said if you're someone like myself that literally has the village on your doorstep where for almost two months now it's been like living in a prison as it was the very beginning of June that all the concrete barriers and 15ft steel fences went up, pathways closed of, roads closed off, people unable to park their cars outside of their houses, the community centre and play park gone and health centre gone to make way for a car park. There's been years of disruption here so all us locals can't wait for the games to be over.

Here's an interesting guardian article that you should read if you think it's been nothing but a positive thing!

www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/mar/03/glasgow-faces-reality-commonwealth-games

» Add a new message to this topic