FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > what affect does music have

what affect does music have

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does music affect your mood in a positive or negative way ? If you were to be unable to listen to music for say a month . How would it affect you ? What would you replace it by ?

For me (shelley) it takes me back to a certain time or place and whoever I was around at that time . I can associate so much with music .

What about you ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have to listen. To music. Every. Day. It's like a drug for me always. Has been. Since I was ickle. Love taking. I pod with me in van at the mo and blasting out ma favourite. Tunes. While I sing along playing. Sir guitar and drums on steering. Wheel and synths. On dash board yea that's me that nutjob on the m8

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Music is as important as food, air & blood to me. I don't know how I'd cope without it for a month. It entertains me, keeps me focused, holds my hand through difficult & tough times, reminds me of good times, reminds me of people, places & events, makes me smile, puts me at ease, gets me excited.

I don't have a musical talent at all, but I am eternally grateful go those who do & keep me going.

"Music is as important as food, air & blood to me. I don't know how I'd cope without it for a month. It entertains me, keeps me focused, holds my hand through difficult & tough times, reminds me of good times, reminds me of people, places & events, makes me smile, puts me at ease, gets me excited.

I don't have a musical talent at all, but I am eternally grateful go those who do & keep me going."

I couldn't have put it better than that. What a lovely post poppet. I feel exactly the same way. Music has always been a constant in my life....through good times and bad. It has uplifted and consoled me on many occasions. All kinds...just not country...OK???? Lol

Definitely a big positive for us, lovely post

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Music always takes you back to happier times and sad times and helps you build memories xxx

By *ikchattyfellahMan  over a year ago

Greenock

Love it, listening to it or playing it on my trusty geetar.. Got to have some sounds going!

"Music is as important as food, air & blood to me. I don't know how I'd cope without it for a month. It entertains me, keeps me focused, holds my hand through difficult & tough times, reminds me of good times, reminds me of people, places & events, makes me smile, puts me at ease, gets me excited.

I don't have a musical talent at all, but I am eternally grateful go those who do & keep me going."

excellent way to convey it guitar !! I read it nodding my head in agreement .. xx

I don't have a musical talent at all, but I am eternally grateful go those who do & keep me going.

I couldn't have put it better than that. What a lovely post poppet. I feel exactly the same way. Music has always been a constant in my life....through good times and bad. It has uplifted and consoled me on many occasions. All kinds...just not country...OK???? Lol "

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Music always takes you back to happier times and sad times and helps you build memories xxx "

Some titles of tracks out at times in past are so apt to things happening in my life at the time spooky

"Music always takes you back to happier times and sad times and helps you build memories xxx

Some titles of tracks out at times in past are so apt to things happening in my life at the time spooky "

I know that feeling so well....at a particularly difficult time in my life Bryan Adams.... Everything I Do.....was out and it was EVERYWHERE for ages. It fitted my life at that moment so well ...

"Music always takes you back to happier times and sad times and helps you build memories xxx

Some titles of tracks out at times in past are so apt to things happening in my life at the time spooky "

I know what you mean after my mums last stroke I was driving home from the hospital when fix you by cold play came on,I hadto pull over and just sat there listening to it sobbing my eyes out. Everytime I hear it now I always think of my wee mum

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Some titles of tracks out at times in past are so apt to things happening in my life at the time spooky I know what you mean after my mums last stroke I was driving home from the hospital when fix you by cold play came on,I hadto pull over and just sat there listening to it sobbing my eyes out. Everytime I hear it now I always think of my wee mum "

*hugs*

Some titles of tracks out at times in past are so apt to things happening in my life at the time spooky I know what you mean after my mums last stroke I was driving home from the hospital when fix you by cold play came on,I hadto pull over and just sat there listening to it sobbing my eyes out. Everytime I hear it now I always think of my wee mum

*hugs*"

Thank you sweetie xxx

So not many of us could be without it . I reckon music and sunshine I'd struggle to be without . Definitely comes before wealth and material things

Music is my drug! Couldn't live without it

"Music is my drug! Couldn't live without it "

I'd say after Mr X It's mine too !!

Like many people I associate certain songs with certain places in my life or certain events. Regrettably there are songs that I used to love that I can no longer listen to without choking up and getting very maudlin. However, 99% of the time my music just fills me with sheer unbridled joy!

Ive got loads of music on my phone from runrig and a little classical to pipes and drums and even some motley crue thrown in,but the main time i listen to it is when im in the shower at home,at work the radio is never on,maybe i just like the quiet when im driving

By *uck knows41Man  over a year ago

Arbroath

I listen to music when im on my bike everything from blues to metal. I dosent feel right without it

Good music is nourishment for the soul

"Music is my drug! Couldn't live without it

I'd say after Mr X It's mine too !! "

D'awwwwwwwwww, but I'd take music over a human being ahaha :P

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

When things get tough I can switch off and lose myself when listening to music

Shy

By *hybutnaughtyoneWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am like so many people here ....some songs evoke so much emotion some happy some sad. There are a few songs that make me well up when I hear them and there are songs that take me right back to where I when I heard them.

I love music and I was so sad when I heard my ex had dumped all my vinyl! I will never forgive him for that!

I can't imagine life without music!

Mx

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Music can take me right back to a specific time and place. If I close my eyes I can almost be there. Some songs give me goose bumps just hearing them and going back into my memories.

Couldn't live without it!

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I am like so many people here ....some songs evoke so much emotion some happy some sad. There are a few songs that make me well up when I hear them and there are songs that take me right back to where I when I heard them.

I love music and I was so sad when I heard my ex had dumped all my vinyl! I will never forgive him for that!

I can't imagine life without music!

Mx "

For me, Mr, music doesn't do much for me, I don't like music or think about it, surely my playlists demonstrate that!!!

Builds or changes mood, triggers memories. Some songs still induce nausea in me as they were in the charts when I had morning sickness lol!

On a note, I knew I had pnd when I just didn't 'get' music anymore....the beat, the melody xx

» Add a new message to this topic